Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Sean
Walcott
ricky//habana
Mason
crump
Uncle John from Jamaica
El_indian
CoVkId01
Kuled
Grenade
Mal
Jordi
menalawyerguy
Lux
Barton
Kris
ResurrectionRooney
Jess
luke.
Pippo
Ben
Cadbury
ShakerMatty
27 posters

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16

ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 Empty Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:19 am

in a shop or sommat
    so which placed would u suggest to contact?
    ie topman etc
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 Empty Re: Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16

Post by Cadbury Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:19 am

Topman.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 Empty Re: Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16

Post by Ben Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:20 am

The shop.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:20 am

Local pet shop?
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:20 am

Ben wrote:The shop.

neu laugh
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:21 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:Local pet shop?
    dont have any i know of Laughing
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:25 am

Work at Woolworths.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 am

Pip wrote:Work at Woolworths.

Yeah, there or Zavvi. Perhaps Safeways?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 am

Local poundshop? Look for small stores rather then chain stores. Smile
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 am

Poundshop will have ridiculously low wages and you'll get ripped by your mates for working there.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:40 am

I'm going to start work in Dominos after my exams king
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:41 am

They even have to pay the staff one pound apparently.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 am

Poundshop rofl.

Depressing.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:48 am

Cam wrote:They even have to pay the staff one pound apparently.

I highly doubt it.
    Jess

Post by Jess Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:08 am

I don't think Topman like to employ 16 year olds. :/

Try somewhere small to start, or go into wedding catering.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:23 am

Go here

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 Bury-Job-Centre-Plus-offi-002

Or the Job Centre website. Or get a CV done at Connexxions, get a few copies done and go round town handing it out. There's no one stop shop for this sort of thing, it just depends who has vacancies.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Go here

Or the Job Centre website. Or get a CV done at Connexxions, get a few copies done and go round town handing it out. There's no one stop shop for this sort of thing, it just depends who has vacancies.

If that guy in the picture is wating outside, arm yourself Wink
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:25 am

He is an evil looking bastard isn't he.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:33 am

Or you could play up front for chelsea. I heard that they were looking for someone who could hit a barn door + they'll give you 150k a week.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:38 am

Yeah I'll probs go job centre when I leave school.
    Cheers guys Smile
    and to poundland Laughing
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:41 am

Had you lived in Denmark, I would have told you to go back to school because there's absolutely no chance of getting one here.

Good luck there, maybe it's easier.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:43 am

I bet that chav in the background is you. Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 279869

But seriously, i've been loking for a job for about a year now, must've applied for at least 20 places and none have got back to me. Gonna start job hunting again in acouple of weeks. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 am

What about going to college? Or do some unpaid work experience until you find a job Smile
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 am

Kris wrote:Had you lived in Denmark, I would have told you to go back to school because there's absolutely no chance of getting one here.

There's not many opportunities here right now either.

Rather stay in education anyway.
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 am

Ben wrote:
    Kris wrote:Had you lived in Denmark, I would have told you to go back to school because there's absolutely no chance of getting one here.

There's not many opportunities here right now either.

Rather stay in education anyway.

I more or less directly quoted my mom, who works at the job placement and social services centre, who almost always tells young people to go back to school.

Since you're getting paid for going to school here anyway, why not get an education.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 am

Waitrose pays better than your average job in the same kind of mould.......

But in these times it's not easy to get a job......though as you're still in school you'd only be after part time work and that is easier to come by. Your best bet isn't to be picky...but keep an eye out for the best job you can get....which under your circumstances is staying in school, having time to study etc and getting the most money.

These days bigger shops are making it so that you can apply online....or even making it so that that's the only place to apply. I wouldn't say going around your local high street and handing out your cv is a bad idea (because hey...no matter how many times you get rejected it's not going to do you any harm) but checking online is easier.

Don't underestimate how important a cv is. When I was applying for a job in Waitrose I was up against maybe 100+ people.....a cv is what will make you stand out because when there's so many people to choose from they can be picky.....if it's just a part time thing then don't worry about lying on your cv.....I bumped up my grades and did everything to suggest that I'm the kind of person they want to hire.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:52 am

Burytilidie wrote:Yeah I'll probs go job centre when I leave school.
    Cheers guys Smile
    and to poundland Laughing

You can go now, if anyone's advertising jobs, including part time ones, they'll put them in the Job Centre database, you can search for part time work.

JMB_94 wrote:

I bet that chav in the background is you. Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 279869

But seriously, i've been loking for a job for about a year now, must've applied for at least 20 places and none have got back to me. Gonna start job hunting again in acouple of weeks. Neutral

20 places in a year? It's not wonder you're out of work.
    Barton

Post by Barton Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:52 am

Luxz0rz wrote:Waitrose pays better than your average job in the same kind of mould.......

But in these times it's not easy to get a job......though as you're still in school you'd only be after part time work and that is easier to come by. Your best bet isn't to be picky...but keep an eye out for the best job you can get....which under your circumstances is staying in school, having time to study etc and getting the most money.

These days bigger shops are making it so that you can apply online....or even making it so that that's the only place to apply. I wouldn't say going around your local high street and handing out your cv is a bad idea (because hey...no matter how many times you get rejected it's not going to do you any harm) but checking online is easier.

Don't underestimate how important a cv is. When I was applying for a job in Waitrose I was up against maybe 100+ people.....a cv is what will make you stand out because when there's so many people to choose from they can be picky...

You need to have a good CV nowadays, you ant even gonna get a part time job without one.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:55 am

JMB_94 wrote:And when you've got nothing to put on your CV, you don't stand much of a chance.

A cv isn't just about listing your past jobs....I didn't have any work experience other than 2 shitty weeks as part of school work experience....but you just play down your weaknesses and draw attention to the things you do have.

Not all jobs require a CV though.....sometimes it's about who you know. You'd be surprised how many jobs are through people/contacts rather than through public job applications.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Barton

Post by Barton Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:55 am

JMB_94 wrote:

20 places in a year? It's not wonder you're out of work.[/quote]

Only part time, and its basically just handing in CV's at shops, i've applied for acouple online.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:24 pm