Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Sean
Walcott
ricky//habana
Mason
crump
Uncle John from Jamaica
El_indian
CoVkId01
Kuled
Grenade
Mal
Jordi
menalawyerguy
Lux
Barton
Kris
ResurrectionRooney
Jess
luke.
Pippo
Ben
Cadbury
ShakerMatty
27 posters

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16

Anonymous

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 - Page 4 Empty Re: Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:26 am

crump wrote:Fucking stuck up cunts. Applied at Smiths, Tesco, McDonalds, Homebase, Garden Centre.

NOT ONE FUCKING REPLY, and it'll be a week tomorrow.

Fuck you

I wish they would reply so you're not just sitting there waiting for them to reply for about a week or so Laughing
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 - Page 4 Empty Re: Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:27 am

Homebase. not worthy
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:34 am

crump wrote:Fucking stuck up cunts. Applied at Smiths, Tesco, McDonalds, Homebase, Garden Centre.

Fuck you

Believe it or not, I was unemployed for some time, hardly anyone will bother to reply to you. With McDonalds though, you have to apply online.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 am

Cam wrote:

Fuck you

I wish they would reply so you're not just sitting there waiting for them to reply for about a week or so Laughing

@RR aswell.

Is it worth ringing them up If I've had no reply after a week or two?
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am

Resurrection unemployed! Never. Snooty
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:49 am

crump wrote:
    Cam wrote:

Fuck you

@RR aswell.

Is it worth ringing them up If I've had no reply after a week or two?
    I don't think so, if they wanted you they would contact you.
    Burytilidie wrote:Resurrection unemployed! Never. Snooty
    Oh it's true. When I did find a job I made sure I was the best employee in their business though, they were begging me to stay but I walked to go to University.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am

I got a reply from Boots and Next, they said no. No where else have got back to me. I've got an application form for Iceland so I'll send that in this week
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am

What job was it?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am

Forest wrote:I got a reply from Boots and Next, they said no. No where else have got back to me. I've got an application form for Iceland so I'll send that in this week

I wouldn't recommend moving abroad at 16, big step, do you even speak Icelandic?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:52 am

Cam wrote:What job was it?
    Office work.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:53 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 - Page 4 460408

Believe it or not, I was unemployed for some time, hardly anyone will bother to reply to you. With McDonalds though, you have to apply online.

They must have felt intimidated by your interview, much how this forum is intimidated by your insightful posts...
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:55 am

@Sean, I've just applied.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:55 am

Sean wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 - Page 4 460408

They must have felt intimidated by your interview, much how this forum is intimidated by your insightful posts...

Intimidated by my CV, maybe. They evidently realised how exceptional I am and were scared for their own jobs.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:56 am

What are you doing in Uni, if you dont mind me asking RR?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:57 am

Politics, just finished Law and Psychology.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:57 am

@Sean, sorry, it's too late.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:00 am

@Crump, wtf are you talking about? Laughing

@RR colour me impressed, what career are you looking to do, Law?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 am

When I say I've just finished Law and Psychology I don't mean I've got degrees in them, I mean I've just finished studying them for my first year. I've yet to decide on a career.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:20 am

I think you would make an excellent Lawyer Resurrection. Wink
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:30 am

Burytilidie wrote:I think you would make an excellent Lawyer Resurrection. Wink

So do I, but it's incredibly difficult to become any sort of legal professional, years and years of expensive training, attending particular dinners, all essential, and being from the right background, knowing the right people is a big factor in it as well. Credit to anyone who succeeds in becoming a Lawyer from a background like mine, because it's an absolute mountain to climb.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:42 am

What else are you considering RR?
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:46 am

Law sounds a bit like medicine in that regard so it seems well at least getting accepted into medicine courses,presumably making it as a top surgeon or whatever on Harley Street etc and really raking in the cash would need similar things as you suggested. think

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:49 am

Sean wrote:What else are you considering RR?

Fuck knows, concentrating on my degree at the moment.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:52 am

The bit about knowing the right people pisses me off because I can work twice as hard as competitors and still get pipped. Law was my career objective until I found out just how demanding the degree is.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:11 am

Rejected by Sainsburys... Cry

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your recent application for the Customer Service Assistant at Heaton Prk NewA2288. unfortunately, your responses indicate that you are not a good match for this specific role. Therefore, on this occasion we regret to inform you that we will not be taking your application any further.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in joining Sainsburys and for the time you invested in making your application.

Please continue to visit our website as our business is continuing to grow with new opportunities becoming available on a regular basis.

Regards,
    Sainsbury's Resourcing Team.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:13 am

Burytilidie wrote:Rejected by Sainsburys... Cry

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your recent application for the Customer Service Assistant at Heaton Prk NewA2288. unfortunately, your responses indicate that you are not a good match for this specific role. Therefore, on this occasion we regret to inform you that we will not be taking your application any further.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in joining Sainsburys and for the time you invested in making your application.

Please continue to visit our website as our business is continuing to grow with new opportunities becoming available on a regular basis.

Regards,

I applied for that job shifty, Got the exact same reply Dry Smile Have been rejected everywhere from KFC to B&Q, due to a lack of experience, How the fuck am I supposed to get experience if nowhere will take me on? :wall2:
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:14 am

Burytilidie wrote:Rejected by Sainsburys... Cry

Dear Matthew,

Regards,

Be pro-active, get a group of people together and loot Sainsbury's, then apply for a job cleaning up.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:40 am

Haha seems a good idea Resurrection and Grunners freaky shifty My mate got an interview for another role which pisses me off Sad.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:14 pm

This was within literally 30 seconds- 1 minute after i had finished my application. Rolling Eyes

Matthew,

Thanks for applying for a position with Pizza Hut (UK) Ltd! Unfortunately you have not met our requirements at this stage of our process and therefore we will not be progressing your application further. We would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in this position and wish you all the best in your continued job search.

Regards,

Pizza Hut (UK) Resourcing Team
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:42 pm

Grunners they said i failed their online test Laughing so you did probably as well. cheers 2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:32 pm