Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
LeBron
Mustangt125
wellz
Kaka11|LFC
Hitchy
SBSP
dena
Sheppy
The Zlatan
Danny
Cadbury
Grenade
El Jefe
moscowmadeit3
blackskar
Lux
Uncle John from Jamaica
chiboygeorge
22 posters

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two.

Anonymous

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 4 Empty Re: Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 pm

kyro7 wrote:Did you really just say that Scotty, oh god. Neutral

N'Gog v Birmingham is just one moment Liverpool have done something like that, one game doesn't mean Liverpool aren't as bad.
    Ive watch Football and Liverpool for close to 30 Year's, and ive saw Liverpool getting decison's for them and against them and in Major Final's, and every teams gets thing's for them and against them and well the so called bigger club's get more decision's for them IMO, but we are mostly all the same we remember the thing's against us but seem to forget thing's that go for out team's.
    Anonymous

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 4 Empty Re: Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Anderson=Class wrote:What about the penalty(s) we should have had . The Giggs one was blatant & the Evra one should have been a penalty when he was pushed over if Torres got a free kick when he had a shot and fell over.

What Giggs fell over and Torres did shoot but it was a Free kick the Evra one i would need to see again
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:21 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:Well Football has changed so much from the times i watched it years ago, and years ago that would have not even been a yella card, but yes it was wreckless and nowadays you dont get away with tackles like that.

They don't get away with tackles like that. But they do get away with tackles like this somehow...
    Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 4 De-Jong-Alonso

Well that's true but nowaday's you dont normally get away with certain kind of tackle's, but year's ago you did.
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:

N'Gog v Birmingham is just one moment Liverpool have done something like that, one game doesn't mean Liverpool aren't as bad.
    Ive watch Football and Liverpool for close to 30 Year's, and ive saw Liverpool getting decison's for them and against them and in Major Final's, and every teams gets thing's for them and against them and well the so called bigger club's get more decision's for them IMO, but we are mostly all the same we remember the thing's against us but seem to forget thing's that go for out team's.
    Plurals don't require apostrophes
    Kaka11|LFC
    Kaka11|LFC

Post by Kaka11|LFC Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:40 pm

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:
    Kaka11|LFC wrote:
    Danny wrote:Rafael did the same thing Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 4 58503

Fucking hell, he did a mini jump towards the ball, and Meireles crapped himself. He didn't dive in with a 2 footed tackle and miss the ball Neutral
    Doesn't matter, if I remember correctly, two feet off the ground attacking the ball is dangerous play, same as what your argueing for Gerrard. Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 4 58503 If Meireles had won the ball and Rafael landed studs into his ankles would have been a red, only thing is he got the ball so in Webb's mind he decided to disregard it. Gerrard didn't win the ball so Webb called it a foul and Carrick was screaming so he gave Gerrard a red.

Anderson=Class wrote:What about the penalty(s) we should have had .
    The Giggs one was blatant & the Evra one should have been a penalty
    when he was pushed over if Torres got a free kick when he had a shot and
    fell over.
    In the Giggs situation the ball was won before taking Giggs out, fair challenge, wasn't dangerous so no reason to call a penalty for it, I can't really remember Evra's but I think it was soft from what I remember, just a shove, not worth a penalty, hes not a weak guy, he went down to easy, what about Berbatov diving for your penalty?

Torres didn't fall over when he was taking a shot, won the ball off Anderson, about to shoot Anderson tracks back and trips him up from behind, even if it was just clipping his heels still a foul.

The reason Rafael didnt get a card was ecause he got the ball. Yesh it was a bit dangerous but it wasnt a foul. Gerrard launched himself off the ground, didnt get the ball and went straight through Carricks leg. How can you even argue that it wasnt a red. Is it only a red if Gerrard does break his leg. Come on. It was a terribble lunge and was due a red card
    I didn't argue the red and just because he got the ball is no excuse, even if Gerrard had got the ball it is highly probable he still would have gotten the red, you contradicted yourself too. "Is it only a red if Gerrard does break his leg. Come on." You said Rafael shouldn't have gotten a card because he got the ball, well if he didn't get the ball he could have easily broken Raul's ankles, its all what ifs but its still dangerous play which in the rules, regardless if the get ball or not is a card. Again, I didn't argue it wasn't a red just saying how Rafael just didn't get a card because he won the ball which is wrong.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 pm

This so-called evidence of Scotty's is about as convincing as Johnny Cochran's "glove" theory...

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 4 0928_oj_glove_ap-1
    Glove don't fit. You must acquit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:22 am

Hitchy wrote:

Ok sorry maybe i need to go back to school bud its been a while.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:30 am

Hitchy wrote:

Grammarian

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 4 Gramma10

Grammarian usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most Warriors ignore him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:38 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Hitchy wrote:

Grammarian

Grammarian usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most Warriors ignore him.

Well if he was being cheeky bud thanks Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 4 284837 i was going to wait and see his response to what i posted and then i would have sorted him out if he was being cheeky

Top class bud Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 4 139857 I Hope i dont make anymore mistooks i could not live with myself Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 4 668388
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:36 am

Anderson=Class wrote:What about the penalty(s) we should have had . The Giggs one was blatant & the Evra one should have been a penalty when he was pushed over if Torres got a free kick when he had a shot and fell over.

Laughing

You mean the ones where Shelvey won the ball and Kelly fairly moved Evra off the ball. Not Kelly's fault he's stronger than Evra.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:58 am

dena wrote:
    Bullshit -_-

The ball was there to be won, but Gerrard did not have to go for it, he launched himself off the ground with two feet into Carrick, as seen by videos and pictures like kyro. I don't expect every tackle in the world to be with studs down, but if they aren't, well, that's what cards are for. There is a way to tackle properly and there is a way to tackle the wrong way, that's the wrong way.

Well obviously Gerrard didn't have to go for it..but it's in the midfield and a player like Gerrard would go for it because he runs around the pitch and puts in 110%. If he wanted he could've just walked off the pitch and went to McDonalds but you're not really grasping my point that he had to go for it. If the ball is to be won then a player like Gerrard will go for it every time.

He didn't launch himself into Carrick....he launched himself at the ball.....Carrick got there first and then Gerrard is late and goes into Carrick. Ok so he goes in with 2 feet but then again both his feet don't go straight through Carrick......

Studs not down = card every time? Don't agree....in the end a lot of tackles require you to raise your studs because you've got to reach for the ball......as long as you're not sliding studs up straight into the player himself or have your foot high/pointing very high I probably wouldn't even give a foul yet alone a yellow/red.

Gerrard tackled in the wrong way because it was late...if he was 0.5 seconds quicker I would've said it was a great tackle. Better to go in one footed but in the end if you go in one footed and you're diving so far leaving your leg trailing could cause yourself injury by twisting it/catching it on the ground. He's gone in one footed at first but ended up two footed...doesn't make that much difference but as I said before I don't think he's gone straight into Carrick with both feet.

Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:56 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Hitchy wrote:

Grammarian

Don't usually care about grammar/spelling... but when people use apostrophes for plurals it just bugs me for some reason
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:09 am

Remember Lampards tackle 2 years ago at Anfield? Yeah, karmas a bitch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:29 pm