Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
LeBron
Mustangt125
wellz
Kaka11|LFC
Hitchy
SBSP
dena
Sheppy
The Zlatan
Danny
Cadbury
Grenade
El Jefe
moscowmadeit3
blackskar
Lux
Uncle John from Jamaica
chiboygeorge
22 posters

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two.

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 2 Empty Re: Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two.

Post by Lux Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:29 am

It's obviously a dive but to be honest Carr has missed the ball and if N'Gog just kept running he probably could've just tripped over Carr and won the penalty.

In the box you've got to win the ball when you make those kind of tackles IMO.

I have sympathy with players who overreact to challenges more than those who make something out of nothing.

Sometimes refs don't give penalties when it is a foul inside the box because it's not blatant enough...so players have to make it more blatant themselves. Even refs have supported this to make their lives easier (Howard Webb to Blackpool Neutral)

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. - Page 2 Empty Re: Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:29 am

kyro7 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpYyfrP84BI

Good old perfect Liverpool with no cheaters.

Does that really look like a dive to you?

To me it looks like he's trying to avoid injury. He doesn't even appeal for a pen. He jumps out of the way, come on. Even you could see that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:29 am

Luxz0rz wrote:It's obviously a dive but to be honest Carr has missed the ball and if N'Gog just kept running he probably could've just tripped over Carr and won the penalty.

Agger stuck his leg in front of Berbatov and actually made a tiny bit of contact with his foot.. Neutral

Your reasoning is fucking shite, he dived simple as that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXlXYl2p7Xw

Watch Scotty say Friedel took Gerrard out. Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:31 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:It's obviously a dive but to be honest Carr has missed the ball and if N'Gog just kept running he probably could've just tripped over Carr and won the penalty.

Agger stuck his leg in front of Berbatov and actually made a tiny bit of contact with his foot.. Neutral

I never said it's not a dive :?...in fact I did say it's a dive.

Berbatov dived...still think Agger was running the risk by committing to that challenge and not winning the ball though...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:32 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

I never said it's not a dive :?...in fact I did say it's a dive.

Berbatov dived...still think Agger was running the risk by committing to that challenge and not winning the ball though...
    Yeah but it's not a penalty though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:35 am

kyro7 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXlXYl2p7Xw

Watch Scotty say Friedel took Gerrard out. Laughing

If Gerrard had carried on running, he could've done a Park vs Reina and gotten a penalty. But yeah, he ruined it by diving a bit early.

But that's the thing, you can remember all the times Liverpool have 'dived'.

People have literally lost count of the times Man United have done it.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

kyro7 wrote:Yeah but it's not a penalty though.

With N'Gog? Under those circumstances it's not..but as I said if he didn't dive it might've been a penalty anyway. I think that happens quite a lot....players dive when it's unnecessary and that can cost them the whole decision. My point with N'Gog is that he's dived before we even have the chance to know if there would be contact or not.

With Berbatov there's not enough contact and he's dived after there's been no/no substantial contact. The challenge doesn't really have an affect on Berbatov's running/chance so I'd say it's not a penalty.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I

whistle
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:39 am

kyro7 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpYyfrP84BI

Good old perfect Liverpool with no cheaters.
    Just watched one where he wins a pen vs marseille, on a gerrard dives video, and he had his legs taken Laughing
    they should at least get some proper examples
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:40 am

Dont think it was a red, a yellow yes but bit harsh to give a red considering Rafael also made a similar challenge in the game and got fuck all.
    Like it or not the ref was biased.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:40 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I

whistle

That video comes up a lot, funny thing is, some of them are hardly dives. Especially the one against Sheff United, he tries to take a shot! That shows how hard it is to find a good number of Gerrard dives.

If I got a clip/montage of Nani or Ronaldo, they'd make Gerrard look like the most honest player ever.

Last edited by ScottyBoy_21 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:41 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:

whistle

That video comes up a lot, funny thing is, some of them are hardly dives.

If I got a clip/montage of Nani or Ronaldo, they'd make Gerrard look like the most honest player ever.
    We're not saying they don't dive though you stupid cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:42 am

Well, people are saying I'm hypocritical for calling Man United cheats. When it's 100 times easier to find clips and remember moments where Man United have cheated, than it is to find clips or remember Liverpool players cheating.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Post by moscowmadeit3 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:43 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:

whistle

That video comes up a lot, funny thing is, some of them are hardly dives. Especially the one against Sheff United, he tries to take a shot! That shows how hard it is to find a good number of Gerrard dives.

Rolling Eyes Because no Liverpool player dives...
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:46 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:
    ScottyBoy_21 wrote:

whistle

Rolling Eyes Because no Liverpool player dives...
    You got that right Simples
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:46 am

Okay then. Find at least 10 separate clips of Liverpool players BLATANTLY cheating (i.e not even possible to say that it wasn't an attempt to cheat. un-debatable)

I bet you I'd find 10 clips of Man United players MUCH quicker and easier than you could find clips of Liverpool players.

That's my point. Man United do it way much more.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 am

You could probably find more clips of Nani diving than the whole Liverpool team, I know that.. but don't paint a picture like Liverpool do nothing wrong.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Post by moscowmadeit3 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:Okay then. Find at least 10 separate clips of Liverpool players BLATANTLY cheating (i.e not even possible to say that it wasn't an attempt to cheat. un-debatable)

I bet you I'd find 10 clips of Man United players MUCH quicker and easier than you could find clips of Liverpool players.

That's my point. Man United do it way much more.

I'm not saying our players don't dive. Nani obviously goes to ground easy.

Of course every team has those types of players though.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:57 am

You're not allowed to tackle anymore. 95% chance of getting penilised for it. In my day, we played on, broken leg or no broken leg.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:58 am

NGreat wrote:You're not allowed to tackle anymore. 95% chance of getting penilised for it. In my day, we played on, broken leg or no broken leg.

I'm assuming you mean that the game carried on and not the players who had just broken their leg...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:59 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    NGreat wrote:You're not allowed to tackle anymore. 95% chance of getting penilised for it. In my day, we played on, broken leg or no broken leg.

I'm assuming you mean that the game carried on and not the players who had just broken their leg...
    He's obviously taking the piss considering he said in my day and he's 17. Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:03 am

Tbh the thing with Gerrard, he says all that stuff how it's wrecking the game, he doesnt like it or do it, so what does he do? Dive facepalm

Fucking idiot Neutral
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:07 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:At the end of the day, the ref shouldn't be giving a straight red for something he didn't even witness.

What a prick he is.

At the end of the day, players shouldn't jump off the ground and go in two footed with studs up.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:09 am

ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    ScottyBoy_21 wrote:At the end of the day, the ref shouldn't be giving a straight red for something he didn't even witness.

What a prick he is.

At the end of the day, players shouldn't jump off the ground and go in two footed with studs up.
    cheers

Watch someone mention Rafael's tackle now Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:13 am

Danny wrote:Tbh the thing with Gerrard, he says all that stuff how it's wrecking the game, he doesnt like it or do it, so what does he do? Dive facepalm

Fucking idiot Neutral

Would love to see you say that to his face.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Post by moscowmadeit3 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:20 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:
    Danny wrote:Tbh the thing with Gerrard, he says all that stuff how it's wrecking the game, he doesnt like it or do it, so what does he do? Dive facepalm

Fucking idiot Neutral

I would Neutral
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:21 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:

Fucking idiot Neutral

You're not very mature are you?
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:24 am

Doesn't matter if it was one footed, two footed or three footed. Howard Webb did not see it so therefore he can not make a proper decision.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:25 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:
    ScottyBoy_21 wrote:

Fucking idiot Neutral

I would Neutral
    Same, can't stand him tbh Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:26 pm