Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Phadunkin Donuts
Paulinho
CollieBuddz
Laurencio
Grenade
Ra's al Ghul
dena
Carlos Jenkinson
Schnix
ConorCelticFC
Theo Filippo
Cam
Gegilworld93
Sean
Totti
Trent
Jord
SBSP
22 posters

Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed?

SBSP
    SBSP

Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? Empty Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed?

Post by SBSP Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:28 am

My dad brought this up earlier today. Surely all professional footballers should be at least somewhat competent with their weaker foot, but there are some players who will almost never use their weaker foot. Why?
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? Empty Re: Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed?

Post by Jord Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:30 am

Some players could easily have a disability with their weak foot. Just like people are ambidextrous and others are completely incompetent with their left or right hand. The same can be said for football players.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? Empty Re: Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed?

Post by SBSP Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:31 am

But they spend hours training. Don't they work on their weaker foot?
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:31 am

They should do, a player needs to be able to use both of his feet so they should work on using their weaker foot.
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:32 am

I couldn't score an open goal from six yards with my right foot, so I don't really mind one footed players.

Look at Robben, he never uses his right.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:33 am

Yeah Robben is the most one-footed player I've ever seen.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:34 am

Valencia comes to mind.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:34 am

SBSP wrote:My dad brought this up earlier today. Surely all professional footballers should be at least somewhat competent with their weaker foot, but there are some players who will almost never use their weaker foot. Why?
    Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? Antonio_Valencia_357059t
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:34 am

SBSP wrote:Valencia comes to mind.

kyro7 wrote:
    SBSP wrote:My dad brought this up earlier today. Surely all professional footballers should be at least somewhat competent with their weaker foot, but there are some players who will almost never use their weaker foot. Why?
    Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? Antonio_Valencia_357059t

Alee
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:36 am

He's just naturally uncomfortable on that side I guess, it's not easy to just make your left foot good.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:36 am

It's okay for players like Valencia and Robin Van Rapist, but when you see players like Charles Adam and Jordan Henderson strutting about the field with their respective weaker feet kicking like a spastic, it really makes you wonder why they do not seek to ameliorate their limited abilities.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:37 am

What about Ashley Cole? He can barely use his Right Foot and he is one of the best left backs in the world.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:40 am

Cole isnt that bad on his right foot, Ive seen him use it enough
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:44 am

Lol Van Persie's right foot is great.

I think Valencia is the most one-footed player in world football, brilliant with his right though. Robben is poor as well but nowhere near as shit as Valencia, seriously whenever Valencia touches the ball with his left it bounces off three yards and when he passes it three yards he underhits it hilariously. The only useful I've seen him produce with it was the cross for Rooney's third vs West Ham.
    They really should be training their weaker foot a lot though, thought about this too once.
    Not using the weaker foot doesn't equal being shit with it though, Messi for example hardly uses his right foot when dribbling but he finishes quite well with it.

Last edited by Gegilworld93 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:44 am

Ginger Mourinho wrote:What about Ashley Cole? He can barely use his Right Foot and he is one of the best left backs in the world.
    Both statements are incorrect, not sure if you're serious with the second part think
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:44 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:Lol Van Persie's right foot is great.
    Agreed.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:49 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Ginger Mourinho wrote:What about Ashley Cole? He can barely use his Right Foot and he is one of the best left backs in the world.
    Both statements are incorrect, not sure if you're serious with the second part think
    Yeah I'm serious, Ashley Cole's a fantastic Left-Back. Take the game at the Nou Camp for example. For that brief spell when Terry got sent off and Barca got on top and scored he kept battling and trying to win the ball. Name some better Left-Backs than Cole?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:51 am

Ignore Gegli, he doesn't know much about football, he's more interested in chocolate and cheese.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:52 am

Riise comes to mind.

And Enrique too.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:54 am

Ginger Mourinho wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Both statements are incorrect, not sure if you're serious with the second part Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? 214775
    Yeah I'm serious, Ashley Cole's a fantastic Left-Back. Take the game at the Nou Camp for example. For that brief spell when Terry got sent off and Barca got on top and scored he kept battling and trying to win the ball. Name some better Left-Backs than Cole?
    Marcelo
    Coentrao
    Baines
    Abidal
    arguably Adriano
    Filipe
    Lahm
    Jordi Alba
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:55 am

Only Lahm is better than Ashley Cole in that list.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:55 am

James wrote:Ignore Gegli, he doesn't know much about football, he's more interested in chocolate and cheese.
    That was hilarious Neutral.

If you want to have a go at me, at least think of something witty.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:55 am

Baines? think I don't think so. I haven't seen enough of Adriano, but I would say that Cole is better than him
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:55 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Ginger Mourinho wrote:
    Marcelo
    Coentrao

Baines
    Abidal
    arguably Adriano
    Filipe
    Lahm
    Jordi Alba
    Approved. not worthy
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:56 am

Trent wrote:Only Lahm is better than Ashley Cole in that list.
    Both Marcelo and Coentrao are clearly better than him, the rest is debatable.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:57 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Marcelo
    Coentrao

Baines
    Abidal
    arguably Adriano
    Filipe
    Lahm
    Jordi Alba
    Approved. Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? 914411
    Filipe? Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? 73365
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:57 am

Coentrao is always the weak link when Barca play Madrid. Neutral
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:57 am

Marcelo is great going forward but not very strong when players are running at him. Cole is great at both.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:58 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Approved. Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? 914411
    Filipe? Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? 73365
    Not seen him enough I'm afraid, wouldn't surprise me if he's better.

Trent wrote:Marcelo is great going forward but not very strong when players are running at him. Cole is great at both.
    Myth.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:58 am

Marcelo
    Maybe Contreao (Havent seen alot of him defensivly)
    Lahm
    Abidal

Are all better from what Ive seen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:21 am