Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
LeBron
Mustangt125
wellz
Kaka11|LFC
Hitchy
SBSP
dena
Sheppy
The Zlatan
Danny
Cadbury
Grenade
El Jefe
moscowmadeit3
blackskar
Lux
Uncle John from Jamaica
chiboygeorge
22 posters

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two.

Anonymous

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. Empty Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:56 am

And, confirming my belief that Howard wasn't even fucking looking. He sent him off based on the reaction of Carrick and the players surrounding him.

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. Scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=7i7aj

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. Scaled.php?tn=0&server=612&filename=wl4qw

Just throwing it out there.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. Empty Re: Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two.

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:59 am

Two footed or not, that was a dangerous tackle. Neutral
    Anonymous

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. Empty Re: Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:00 am

No matter what, it was an awful challenge worthy of a red.

Pictures prove fuck all, video footage does.

Last edited by kyro7 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:00 am

chiboygeorge wrote:Two footed or not, that was a dangerous tackle. Neutral

One footed, got the ball, ref didn't see it. Yellow at most.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:02 am

Can't agree with you here Scotty boy. Was a reckless tackle, red deserved.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:02 am

So? Football is a dangerous game. All contact sports are dangerous...even non contact sports can be dangerous.

The ball was there to be won....Gerrard HAD to go for it....and it was only one footed. A foul and a yellow but players when they stretch can't have their leg flat on the ground that's humanly impossible.......if you expect studs to be on the floor with every tackle then you're basically ruling all sliding tackles out of the game.

Some Liverpool fans might be biased towards this but I have no reason....I just generally think football is going in the wrong direction when it comes to red cards...fouls etc.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:02 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:

Getting the ball doesn't automatically mean it was a good challenge, Gerrard went in hard and caught Carrick...it could have injured him badly.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrlj1NxTMm8

Oh dear, that was two footed, your pictures are just paused before contact.. what a fucking mug you are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:04 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    ScottyBoy_21 wrote:

Getting the ball doesn't automatically mean it was a good challenge, Gerrard went in hard and caught Carrick...it could have injured him badly.

Really? I'd say that considering the intention of going in for a tackle is to win the ball, that winning it is a good thing.

Tbh, it shouldn't be a red, but with the laws of the game it is. Stupid rule, but we have to live with it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:05 am

My biggest gripe is that Howard Webb didn't even see it. I noticed this in the replays, but this picture makes it blatant.

How can he send someone off for something he didn't even see? He didn't consult the linesman or the fourth official either.

Basically, he gives Man United a penalty, which the linesman didn't give. Then he sends off our captain for something he didn't even see, he just went off the theatricals of Carrick and the reaction of the Man United players, who crowded the Ref. Especially Rio, who sprinted 30 yards.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:07 am

Luxz0rz wrote:

So? Football is a dangerous game. All contact sports are dangerous...even non contact sports can be dangerous.

The ball was there to be won....Gerrard HAD to go for it....and it was only one footed. A foul and a yellow but players when they stretch can't have their leg flat on the ground that's humanly impossible.......if you expect studs to be on the floor with every tackle then you're basically ruling all sliding tackles out of the game.
    Football is not a dangerous game, only stupid people with no idea of how to tackle and are reckless make it seem dangerous.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 am

Also, after watching that replay extensively several times, I believe Gerrard didn't even hit Carrick that hard. I bet Carrick felt no pain whatsoever.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:09 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:

Football is not a dangerous game, only stupid people with no idea of how to tackle and are reckless make it seem dangerous.

Of course football is a dangerous game. It's a contact sport. Not all tackles that cause injuries are reckless.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:09 am

Rio always gets in the refs face. Fucking stupid none of them seem to have the balls to tell him to fuck off.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:10 am

I can make this challenge look bad as much as you can make it look one footed.

Jumps off the floor..

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. 2l916b6

Goes through two footed

Evidence that Gerrard's red card was one footed, not two. 2ztikd2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:10 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:

Not a dangerous game? How do you explain the countless broken legs we see on the football field? The GK's who are knocked out (Cech, etc)? The amount of players who suffer long term injuries?

Last edited by ScottyBoy_21 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:10 am

Dan wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    ScottyBoy_21 wrote:

Really? I'd say that considering the intention of going in for a tackle is to win the ball, that winning it is a good thing.

Tbh, it shouldn't be a red, but with the laws of the game it is. Stupid rule, but we have to live with it.
    Dan bro, if I go in a tackle recklessly but still win the ball doesn't mean it was a good challenge. This happens every time in real life people tackle me but claim they won the ball when they almost broke my ankles trying to do so.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:12 am

At the end of the day, the ref shouldn't be giving a straight red for something he didn't even witness.

What a prick he is.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:13 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:

No a dangerous game? How do you explain the countless broken legs we see on the football field? The GK's who are knocked out (Cech, etc)? The amount of players who suffer long term injuries?
    Ok, but all these can happen just anywhere. Football really isn't dangerous....injuries usually occur through accidents and such. That's what I mean, I don't go out to play fearing that I might get killed only happens on accidents or reckless intents.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 am

chiboygeorge wrote:Football is not a dangerous game, only stupid people with no idea of how to tackle and are reckless make it seem dangerous.

That's not true at all.

Lots of injuries happen from tackles, challenges, events etc that are not reckless or bad. Jamie Mackie's leg break recently happened from two people going for the ball.....bad injury but there's no foul and they both have to go for it. If you ducked out of that 50-50 then you're a coward footballer...but it was unfortunate how bad the injury was.

Looking back at some other major injuries I don't think they were fouls either....or at least red cards. You can make a perfect tackle and the other person can still get a leg break from the tackle......how good a tackle/challenge isn't based on how much you hurt the other player..it's how whether you get the ball first or not primarily..then stuff like studs up, high foot, elbows etc.

Even if Carrick broke his leg and lost his career because of that challenge I don't think it was a red.

I don't even know how you can think football isn't dangerous. You can just be running down the pitch and injure yourself.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:15 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:At the end of the day, the ref shouldn't be giving a straight red for something he didn't even witness.

What a prick he is.
    Why the fuck do you think he wears a headset during the game? maybe assistant referee saw it? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:15 am

Luxz0rz wrote:Even if Carrick broke his leg and lost his career because of that challenge I don't think it was a red.
    You must be an idiot then, he had both his legs off the ground and went through with both feet. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:17 am

Don't get why Man United try to cheat all the time. Berbatov dived in the box, Carrick and Co tricked the Ref into thinking Gerrard had studded him in the legs with two feet. Evans pushes Reina into the ground during his 5 save combo.

In fact, can you remember any events during that game in which it was Liverpool who were being unsportsman-like or cheating? Bet you can't.

Says it all really.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:17 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:Football is not a dangerous game, only stupid people with no idea of how to tackle and are reckless make it seem dangerous.

That's not true at all.

Lots of injuries happen from tackles, challenges, events etc that are not reckless or bad. Jamie Mackie's leg break recently happened from two people going for the ball.....bad injury but there's no foul and they both have to go for it. If you ducked out of that 50-50 then you're a coward footballer...but it was unfortunate how bad the injury was.

Looking back at some other major injuries I don't think they were fouls either....or at least red cards. You can make a perfect tackle and the other person can still get a leg break from the tackle......how good a tackle/challenge isn't based on how much you hurt the other player..it's how whether you get the ball first or not primarily..then stuff like studs up, high foot, elbows etc.

Even if Carrick broke his leg and lost his career because of that challenge I don't think it was a red.

I don't even know how you can think football isn't dangerous. You can just be running down the pitch and injure yourself.
    Yes you can, I injured my knee because I jumped up and landed and it was blown up...(had to use crutches for 2-3months)
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:19 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:Don't get why Man United try to cheat all the time. Berbatov dived in the box, Carrick and Co tricked the Ref into thinking Gerrard had studded him in the legs with two feet. Evans pushes Reina into the ground during his 5 save combo.

In fact, can you remember any events during that game in which it was Liverpool who were being unsportsman-like or cheating? Bet you can't.

Says it all really.
    That's so hypocritical.

Didn't Gerrard dive to win that PK in 2005? Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:20 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:Even if Carrick broke his leg and lost his career because of that challenge I don't think it was a red.
    You must be an idiot then, he had both his legs off the ground and went through with both feet. Neutral

Seen a lot worse.

Two footed IMO doesn't mean red card. He's going for the ball....both his feet don't make contact with Carrick....he doesn't really make much contact at all. It's late and that's why it's a yellow.....if he was quicker to the ball I'd say it was a fantastic tackle.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:20 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    ScottyBoy_21 wrote:Don't get why Man United try to cheat all the time. Berbatov dived in the box, Carrick and Co tricked the Ref into thinking Gerrard had studded him in the legs with two feet. Evans pushes Reina into the ground during his 5 save combo.

Says it all really.
    That's so hypocritical.

Not at all.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:23 am

Did you really just say that Scotty, oh god. Neutral

N'Gog v Birmingham is just one moment Liverpool have done something like that, one game doesn't mean Liverpool aren't as bad.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:24 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:

Says it all really.
    That's so hypocritical.

Not at all.
    Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:26 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpYyfrP84BI

Good old perfect Liverpool with no cheaters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:19 am