Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Cornholio
Deacs
wellz
Trig
Kris
Childish Logic
Mustangt125
crump
Scuba Steve
dena
Royal
luke.
Mouse
Sean
Lux
SBSP
Jamie
21 posters

the "im calling you the fuck out bitch!" thread

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

the "im calling you the fuck out bitch!" thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the "im calling you the fuck out bitch!" thread

Post by Lux Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:57 am

Jamie wrote:Going back to the Barcelona struggle in Europe point you made Lux, they haven't really. Sure they've had a few hiccups against Rubin Kazan and Inter(they deserved to qualify vs Inter) but over the past few seasons they have been the best in the Champions League, so I don't buy that argument.

Again...success and entertainment don't always go hand in hand.

In terms of success Barcelona have success everywhere....but they struggle more in Europe it seems......

P.S. they didn't deserve it over Inter.......and Chelsea Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

the "im calling you the fuck out bitch!" thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the "im calling you the fuck out bitch!" thread

Post by Jamie Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:00 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Jamie wrote:Going back to the Barcelona struggle in Europe point you made Lux, they haven't really. Sure they've had a few hiccups against Rubin Kazan and Inter(they deserved to qualify vs Inter) but over the past few seasons they have been the best in the Champions League, so I don't buy that argument.

Again...success and entertainment don't always go hand in hand.

In terms of success Barcelona have success everywhere....but they struggle more in Europe it seems......

Well that's understandable given Europe has a better standard of team than any individual league though is it not? Their level of play has still been the best in the tournament. Obviously the entertainment part is subjective but personally Barcelona have played the most attractive football, and I'm sure the vast majority would agree.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:17 am

Luxz0rz wrote:As I've said those stats don't mean everything......if teams play to Barcelona's strengths then you can only expect them to be smashed for chances. You can't really base entertainment on stats like that anyway.

Those stats weren't used to prove who is more entertaining. It was used to counter your ludicrous statement that teams like Bolton and Spurs have more chances (i.e. more attacking) than Barcelona.

Entertainment is a whole different argument. Personally, I find entertaining football to be games with several goals, chances, good/risky passing, flair, etc. These are all things Barcelona are exceptional at. Kicking the ball up the field for a tall strong target-man to head it down to a teammate most of the time is not my idea of entertaining football.

I understand when you think Barcelona passing 20 times in a row all while standing in the same part of the field is boring. But Barcelona don't do that most of the time. If you actually watch them on a regular basis, you will see they play a lot of through balls behind the defense and use their quick forwards. They also cross the ball in the box quite a lot too.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:26 am

Barca didn't deserve to go through vs Chelsea.

So I agree with Lux on that point Razz
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:30 am

Like EVERYTHING in football, entertainment comes down to opinion.

That being said, I can kind of get what Lux means, to a degree. I find Barcelona boring sometimes as well, sometimes I actually doze off for a minute or too if I've eaten before watching them (you know, that itis shifty) I do think they play the best football on the planet, but it can get tedious to watch. The football I like to watch best is a short passing game (with some directed long balls) at pace. Spurs, Madrid, Arsenal, and some other teams play this way. I think that's what Lux is trying to get at.

Last edited by dena on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:31 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    mauro wrote:luxor

of course

when i go to game i not want to see player with no passion that just walking

my favorite play was giulio migliaccio bedcause he work hard and making crazy tackle

but not only this, he is good creator, good passer and very skills. when i watching some english team play, they make crazy taclke, but have no skills at all. this is not attractive. this is just dumb play and showing of a player that not develop properly through youth level

i seeing a few championship match into this season. i only liked qpr and leeds. other team like ipswich, burnley, coventry that i have seen, just booting ball everywhere

pls, tell me why when player with no pressure, no defender near him for about 20 yards, but still puntingball? why why why. this is absolute stupid thing to do and is how we say in italy, uneducatated play. is like for many english player, automatic thing to do is kick ball away straight away? why

I hardly get excited over players like Cattermole it's just stupid as you said.

Obviously you haven't seen Watford on tv vs QPR Cool...I see QPR a lot...in fact I just saw live Taarabt's wonder display against Swansea when they won 4-0.....but Taarabt was completely outplayed by us because he tried doing tricks all the time and it was too easy for our defenders to stop him. Football isn't just about passing...the Championship is about a lot of things and you won't just win by being physical, or doing tricks or anything like that.....generally you want the whole package.
    Ironically why promoted teams do so bad in the EPL. They aren't good at anything in particular. Some however adapt and adopt a physical approach to get points off better teams and survive relegation. They then however fail to change back afterwords, and you get the likes of Birmingham, Stoke, Fulham, Blackburn in the Premiership. Neutral
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:34 am

In my mind Chelsea play the most entertaining football.

But I only feel that because I'm a fan. Sure Barcelona are nice to watch, but most of it is sideways passing and then a ball to Messi and the rest is, as they say, History. Sounds simple minded to say they just pass to Messi, but it's quite correct.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:38 am

luke. wrote:In my mind Chelsea play the most entertaining football.

But I only feel that because I'm a fan. Sure Barcelona are nice to watch, but most of it is sideways passing and then a ball to Messi and the rest is, as they say, History. Sounds simple minded to say they just pass to Messi, but it's quite correct.
    This post is quite simple minded.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:39 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Ironically why promoted teams do so bad in the EPL. They aren't good at anything in particular. Some however adapt and adopt a physical approach to get points off better teams and survive relegation. They then however fail to change back afterwords, and you get the likes of Birmingham, Stoke, Fulham, Blackburn in the Premiership. Neutral

......lots of promoted teams do well.

Only teams way out of their depth with no real strengths such as Derby failed miserably.

Birmingham weren't the most impressive team when they got promoted.....but it was very obvious that they were building a team for the Premier League. Not all promoted teams are the same.....when it comes down to it West Brom, Newcastle and Blackpool are all different teams but are all doing pretty well.

Top teams generally aren't "good at anything in particular".....they're just good all around.

dena wrote:Like EVERYTHING in football, entertainment comes down to opinion.

That being said, I can kind of get what Lux means, to a degree. I find Barcelona boring sometimes as well, sometimes I actually doze off for a minute or too if I've eaten before watching them (you know, that itis shifty) I do think they play the best football on the planet, but it can get tedious to watch. The football I like to watch best is a short passing game (with some directed long balls) at pace. Spurs, Madrid, Arsenal, and some other teams play this way. I think that's what Lux is trying to get at.

Pretty much. It's incorrect to say that Barcelona are always boring because they score goals...but it's fairly easy to doze off.....and that's the same with Spain actually Simples

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:40 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    luke. wrote:In my mind Chelsea play the most entertaining football.

This post is quite simple minded.

So are you Dry Smile

hehe
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:40 am

Tbh, after he gave his opinions on Hillsborough on the FIFA's anything Lux has said since has gotten a 'meh' from me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:42 am

I think it's fair to say we play the best football..

Poulsen, to Carragher, hoof to Torres who is actually on the other side of the pitch to where the ball lands, opposition gets the ball, passes it forward, shoots, goal.

Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:42 am

Dan wrote:Tbh, after he gave his opinions on Hillsborough on the FIFA's anything Lux has said since has gotten a 'meh' from me.

Lol that was fairly childish to an extent (it depends on what exactly you're referring to) but in the end I still don't really pay attention to Hillsborough (lots of people die everyday and no one at Hillsborough has any connection to me)....though obviously it was silly/disrespectful to even bother saying that in the threads.

I do want terraces back though......
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:38 pm

NZG said "Agger is world class".

Thought that was rather hilarious.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:42 pm

tbh back in 2008 ALOT of liverpool fans were calling Skrtel and Agger world class.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Dan wrote:I think it's fair to say we play the best football..

Poulsen, to Carragher, hoof to Torres who is actually on the other side of the pitch to where the ball lands, opposition gets the ball, passes it forward, shoots, goal.

Neutral
    Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:53 pm

The-Reporter wrote:NZG said "Agger is world class".

Not as hilarious as you saying Richard fucking Dunne and James fucking Collins is better than him. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Jamie wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:NZG said "Agger is world class".

Not as hilarious as you saying Richard fucking Dunne and James fucking Collins is better than him. Neutral
    Them 2 last season > Agger ever.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:16 pm

Errr no.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Skrtel is awful TBH. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 pm

the "im calling you the fuck out bitch!" thread - Page 3 12784
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:56 pm

Jamie wrote:
    mauro wrote:jamie what was ur name on ea

LFCtorresLFC

Totally forgot that was you.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:27 pm

I remember saying to Scuba Steve, that there was no way Nery Castillo would sign for an MLS team because he was too expensive(not because he was too good, obviously we know that's not true)

He ended up playing(and continued being shit) for Chicago Fire. Laughing

Ha! So fuck you, you fat fuck!

Rumors about him joining Chivas(Guadalajara) now. the "im calling you the fuck out bitch!" thread - Page 3 58503
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:31 pm

What the fuck, am I on drugs? I couldn't get to sleep so decided to read my Alan Carr biography and it's 5:30. I feel wide awake and I could run a marathon. I'm gonna be dead in about 12 hours I think.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:32 pm

atastycrumpet wrote:What the fuck, am I on drugs? I couldn't get to sleep so decided to read my Alan Carr biography and it's 5:30. I feel wide awake and I could run a marathon. I'm gonna be dead in about 12 hours I think.
    You might be. You're in the wrong thread. Laughing
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Fucking hell. Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

LFCtorresLFC

Good or bad? shifty
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Terrible thread. I'm calling out whoever started this for being a d-bag.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:02 pm

Jamie wrote:
    Scuba Steve wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

LFCtorresLFC

Good or bad? shifty

Not a bad thing. Just total memory loss on my part.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:46 am

ahlycotc wrote:19Jones19v, for when Arsenal don't win their next two matches and fail to win the title or place under Chelsea.
    Where tf are you Jones you bastard? temper

Being cocky gets you nowhere, especially if you support Arsenal. :wall2:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:26 pm