Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Torresxvilla
masutora
blackskar
coolhead33
Sean
Marvin
dena
Kaka11|LFC
Royal
Danny
Keanoo
Scuba Steve
Barton
luke.
Scouser_Dave
19 posters

Winter Break | Are you for or against it???

Poll

Should the English top flight have a winter break?

[ 15 ]
    Winter Break | Are you for or against it??? - Page 2 Bar_left43%Winter Break | Are you for or against it??? - Page 2 Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 20 ]
    Winter Break | Are you for or against it??? - Page 2 Bar_left57%Winter Break | Are you for or against it??? - Page 2 Bar_right [57%] 

Total Votes: 35
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Winter Break | Are you for or against it??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter Break | Are you for or against it???

Post by coolhead33 Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:51 am

I think that winter games are fun but they should get rid of the fixture pile up like playing on the 26th and 28th. That must tire the players out alot. Certainly didn't help us last season.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Winter Break | Are you for or against it??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter Break | Are you for or against it???

Post by blackskar Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:08 am

Not for or against tbh.

I'm not too bothered if they change it or if they keep it the same. Maybe if they change it people can stop using it as an excuse when we ultimately fail at the next WC/Euros
    masutora
    masutora

Supports : Yes

Post by masutora Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:36 am

I need more to do in the winter than pork my girl. She would slap me if she knew I wrote that.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Couldn't care less.

England will suck with or without a break.

Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:23 pm

^^^

This. England don't need an extra break. They need players who care.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:42 am

I'm for a winter break, but not because it would benefit the national team. But the players deserve to take a break and be with their families. It's a time of the year for celebrations (it's not just Christmas). Even if they don't celebrate any holiday, they still want to be with their families. Every other profession gets a break around Christmas, why shouldn't footballers? They are human too you know.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:00 pm

dena wrote:Don't care personally, I like watching football in that little two week Christmas period, but it must be hell of the players, the Premier League schedule is mad, from Dec. 26 to Jan. 8 (13 days) Bolton has to play 5 games. Dude. That's mad. Neutral
    but most normal people with normal job have to work 10-12 days in those 13 games

so footballer should consider themself very lucky
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:04 pm

mauro wrote:
    dena wrote:Don't care personally, I like watching football in that little two week Christmas period, but it must be hell of the players, the Premier League schedule is mad, from Dec. 26 to Jan. 8 (13 days) Bolton has to play 5 games. Dude. That's mad. Neutral
    but most normal people with normal job have to work 10-12 days in those 13 games

Footballers still train multiple days a week though.
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:05 pm

mauro wrote:

Under very different circumstances though. Normal people don't have intense physical training pretty much every day.

SBSP :-.-:
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Royal wrote:
    mauro wrote:

Under very different circumstances though. Normal people don't have intense physical training pretty much every day.

SBSP :-.-:
    Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:12 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    mauro wrote:

they train twice a day. 1 session for ballwork, other for fitness for $100,000 a week. its still nothing. 5-6 hours of kicking ball and running around. hardly hard work. what about those people working on construction sites on 10 hour shifts every day with only 1 30 minute break for only $25 an hour. ontop of only having 2 week holidays every year. thats hard work

footballers and their silly unions have to much power these day. they are treated to spoilt and need kick in the ass. serie a players try to strike this season in similar circumstance. fucking bitches!
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:14 pm

mauro wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    mauro wrote:

they train twice a day. 1 session for ballwork, other for fitness for $100,000 a week. its still nothing. 5-6 hours of kicking ball and running around. hardly hard work. what about those people working on construction sites on 10 hour shifts every day with only 1 30 minute break for only $25 an hour. ontop of only having 2 week holidays every year. thats hard work

footballers and their silly unions have to much power these day. they are treated to spoilt and need kick in the ass. serie a players try to strike this season in similar circumstance. fucking bitches!
    In all fairness, footballers retire 20-30 years earlier than most other workers.

Though yes, it still is a ridiculous amount of money. Neutral
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:37 am

Im against a winter break mainly due to the unpredictability of the English weather. Whose to know that the weather wont be horrendous a week or two before or after the winter break and then during the winter break the pitches are playable.

Also December is the best time of year as a fan; 4 or 5 games in a 3 week span. Love it.
    Kaka11|LFC
    Kaka11|LFC

Post by Kaka11|LFC Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:45 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    mauro wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    mauro wrote:

In all fairness, footballers retire 20-30 years earlier than most other workers.

Though yes, it still is a ridiculous amount of money. Neutral
    If anything that supports the arguement, they only have to work for 15 years of their life and their set for life, the average person works 9 till 5, 5 days a week for 45 odd years and in those 45 years will never earn as much as a footballer would have earned in 15 let alone 5 years for some people.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:45 am

mauro wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    mauro wrote:

Players are doing more intense physical work though, these players run miles per game, get tackled, etc. and are doing it with only 2-3 days in between, that's on another level completely when thinking of someone working in an office, or even in construction. Like I said, I like watching the holiday football, but the schedule is a little too crazy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:53 am

Tbh, the only reason players are paid that much is because of the fans. If you support a club and spend money on them, you can have no complaints really.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 am

CTFC~ced wrote:Im against a winter break mainly due to the unpredictability of the English weather. Whose to know that the weather wont be horrendous a week or two before or after the winter break and then during the winter break the pitches are playable.

Also December is the best time of year as a fan; 4 or 5 games in a 3 week span. Love it.

This argument can work both ways. If the weather is always going to be unpredictable what is the point in trying to arrange to play over this period then calling it off? This is just preventing players from seeing family and also preventing them from actually playing.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:57 am

Due to all the snow it's like the players are getting a winter break anyway. Neutral
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:01 am

dena wrote:Due to all the snow it's like the players are getting a winter break anyway. Neutral

Yeah but they don't actually know until the day of the game so it's not like they can go away and have fun with their family and friends.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:22 am

I'm starting to lean towards a winter break because we wouldn't have as many of these annoying postponements. facepalm

Though yes, I would be bored as hell in winter. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:23 am

Ben10 wrote:
    dena wrote:Due to all the snow it's like the players are getting a winter break anyway. Neutral

Yeah but they don't actually know until the day of the game so it's not like they can go away and have fun with their family and friends.

They're not allowed to have fun! They must sleep until the football is back.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:27 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:I'm starting to lean towards a winter break because we wouldn't have as many of these annoying postponements. facepalm

Get a feckin' hobby then lad Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:30 am

dena wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:I'm starting to lean towards a winter break because we wouldn't have as many of these annoying postponements. facepalm

Get a feckin' hobby then lad Neutral
    Football is my hobby. Neutral

Well, more of a passion than a hobby, but meh. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:46 am

Nah no point, especially at the level of football i watch as a couple of months later there would be more posponements due to waterlogged pitches Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 8:51 am