Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Torresxvilla
Walcott
Barton
Sheppy
8 posters

Rooney calls for winter break

Anonymous

Rooney calls for winter break Empty Rooney calls for winter break

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:15 am

http://beta.filgoal.com/English/News.aspx?NewsID=72978
    England and Manchester United star Wayne Rooney believes a winter break will give the Three Lions the opportunity to achieve their full potential.

The evergreen marksman's statements were released ahead of his country's crucial European qualifier against Montenegro.

"A winter break would not only help the England team but the Premier League as well," he said.

"Towards the end of the season the intensity in some of the games which is normally there is missing.

"It's a long season with the intensity that the games are played at. It is only fair on the players that there is a break.

"It's great, especially as a forward when the game is end to end and the game opens up. But it's only in England where you see that game that quick."

And hopefully a winter break will decrease the whining from English clubs about the African Cup of Nations.
    Anonymous

Rooney calls for winter break Empty Re: Rooney calls for winter break

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:16 am

Would be good for England, but I don't want the Premier League to stop, so shut up Wayne. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:16 am

No, it'll only be used for club to fly off to far-out destinations to play friendly matches anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:43 am

The Christmas period is decent, means I don't have to visit family on Boxing Day
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:02 am

Dan wrote:No, it'll only be used for club to fly off to far-out destinations to play friendly matches anyway.

That defeats the purpose of a winter break. And it would be the clubs' fault if they did that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:14 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:No, it'll only be used for club to fly off to far-out destinations to play friendly matches anyway.

That defeats the purpose of a winter break. And it would be the clubs' fault if they did that.

It'll happen, it's a chance to make some money. Didn't Inter have a couple of games in Dubai in their winter break last year?
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:18 am

He just wants more time to shag some slags.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:41 am

AnfieldG8 wrote:He just wants more time to shag some slags.

rofl
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:00 am

I was gonna say something like that. Laughing

There's alot of football on around the Christmas period though, some cracking games on boxing day usually. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:17 am

Yeah, your mother. Neutral

Neutral
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:13 am

kyro7 wrote:

Neutral

I thought we were mates...
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:17 am

No F1 + No Football = FML.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:16 pm

I heard some people blaming this on England's failure at the World Cup. laugh

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:16 pm

ahlycotc wrote:http://beta.filgoal.com/English/News.aspx?NewsID=72978
    England and Manchester United star Wayne Rooney believes a winter break will give the Three Lions the opportunity to achieve their full potential.

The evergreen marksman's statements were released ahead of his country's crucial European qualifier against Montenegro.

"A winter break would not only help the England team but the Premier League as well," he said.

"Towards the end of the season the intensity in some of the games which is normally there is missing.

"It's a long season with the intensity that the games are played at. It is only fair on the players that there is a break.

"It's great, especially as a forward when the game is end to end and the game opens up. But it's only in England where you see that game that quick."

And hopefully a winter break will decrease the whining from English clubs about the African Cup of Nations.

Why would it decrease their whining in that regard? I believe their consternation about the Cup of Nations is that it takes places right smack in the middle of club season and so we have to go about a month without Drogba diving around the pitch.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:44 pm

JMB_94 wrote:

I was gonna say something like that. Laughing

There's alot of football on around the Christmas period though, some cracking games on boxing day usually. Neutral

Arsenal v Chelsea this boxing day eek2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:10 pm

AnfieldG8 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Neutral

We were, but Wayne and Coleen are like family to me. Neutral
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:22 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    AnfieldG8 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Neutral

No wonder you're such a foul-mouthed working class chav Rooney calls for winter break 214775
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:24 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    AnfieldG8 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Neutral

No wonder you're such a foul-mouthed working class chav Rooney calls for winter break 214775

Exactly.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Welcome to the club.

Rooney calls for winter break 220px-Chav.svg
    mil1lion
    mil1lion

Supports : The funny kind

Post by mil1lion Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:55 pm

I'll laugh when they implement a winter break in England but the national team still turns out to be shit. I wonder what the excuse will be then?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:28 pm

It won't be what gets England over the top, but it will certainly be beneficial. There's more to England's failure than the lack of a winter break. However, is it just sheer coincidence that pretty much every single Premiership player besides Tevez (who was not spectacular, but solid) and Fabregas (who was merely a spot sub) sucked donkey balls?
    mil1lion
    mil1lion

Supports : The funny kind

Post by mil1lion Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Is it a coincidence that every Italian player who plays in Serie A also sucked balls at the World Cup? I believe they have a winter break.

I'd actually say that the bigger cause of injuries in this country is the pitches. The weather in this country makes the pitches harder to maintain. It doesn't help when players insist on wearing blades either.

These are causing some of the injuries, which in turn resulted in poor showings at the World Cup. Too many players went into the World Cup when they weren't fit.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:54 pm

mil1lion wrote:Is it a coincidence that every Italian player who plays in Serie A also sucked balls at the World Cup? I believe they have a winter break.

It was an anomalous down year for Italy. They usually don't struggle in the World Cup. In fact, I seem to remember them winning the whole damn thing kinda recently. Rolling Eyes

I'd actually say that the bigger cause of injuries in this country is the pitches. The weather in this country makes the pitches harder to maintain. It doesn't help when players insist on wearing blades either.
    These are causing some of the injuries, which in turn resulted in poor showings at the World Cup. Too many players went into the World Cup when they weren't fit.

Can't argue with that.
    Barton

Post by Barton Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:05 am

I think there's a very simple solution for this. Why not have winter breaks during seasons that include a World Cup or a European Championship at the end of the season?

No winter break this season, but have one next season because of the Euro's in the summer of 2012. Good idea? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:15 am

menalawyerguy wrote:It won't be what gets England over the top, but it will certainly be beneficial. There's more to England's failure than the lack of a winter break. However, is it just sheer coincidence that pretty much every single Premiership player besides Tevez (who was not spectacular, but solid) and Fabregas (who was merely a spot sub) sucked donkey balls?

The excuse of 'England can only be good if they have a league full of English players' is false.

We had a pretty much all-English league up until the Premier League began, we got 1 World Cup to show for it. The true fact is, that this country does not develop players properly, so they won't be good enough until we do.
    Barton

Post by Barton Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:18 am

Did anyone watch that documentary on the BBC last week? Think it was called "Will England win the next World Cup?" Very interesting.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:43 am

JMB_94 wrote:Did anyone watch that documentary on the BBC last week? Think it was called "Will England win the next World Cup?" Very interesting.

Sounds as timely as a documentary called "Will Menalwyerguy fuck Jessica Biel this weekend?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:53 am

menalawyerguy wrote:

Why would it decrease their whining in that regard? I believe their consternation about the Cup of Nations is that it takes places right smack in the middle of club season and so we have to go about a month without Drogba diving around the pitch.

Because with a winter break, the African players would miss less club matches.
    Barton

Post by Barton Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:53 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:Did anyone watch that documentary on the BBC last week? Think it was called "Will England win the next World Cup?" Very interesting.

Sounds as timely as a documentary called "Will Menalwyerguy fuck Jessica Biel this weekend?"

Laughing

But seriously, it was a good watch.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:57 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

Because with a winter break, the African players would miss less club matches.

But, then they'll go, 'He should be resting like the rest of the team instead of playing in the African Nations Cup.'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:03 am