Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
Sean
El_indian
Stranger
samiz
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Theo Filippo
Mal
Eternal Witcher
dena
vel
Scuba Steve
Vela
Eriksen
Dagbon
Novi
Mason
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Scouser_Dave
Grenade
28 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:30 am

I would have hoped that in the last 25 years the Security Guards have improved and that tickets are actually checked.

I read a book about Liverpool in the Champions League and one male said that he snuck in to a European Cup Final match one time. I was appalled
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:02 am

I have only seen one documentary on the disaster, but i had always assumed drunk fans had played a part in it.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:15 am

El_indian wrote:I have only seen one documentary on the disaster, but i had always assumed drunk fans had played a part in it.

was it the one they showed on ESPN like 3 months ago in that ESPN 60 for 60 series or some shit
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:08 am

Jordan Henderchip wrote:Apparently Moreno got MOTM

I'm not sure why, yeah he got forward. But he was one of the main reasons we conceded a goal....

brb winning 1-0 in the 89th minute. Better bomb forward down the flank and overlap Sterling Neutral
    He looked positive going forward and made one great sliding challenge when it was 0-0.  I agree, though.  I would have given it to Balotelli for his goal + hold-up play, the rest of the team was either poor or average.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:14 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Jordan Henderchip wrote:Apparently Moreno got MOTM

I'm not sure why, yeah he got forward. But he was one of the main reasons we conceded a goal....

brb winning 1-0 in the 89th minute. Better bomb forward down the flank and overlap Sterling Neutral
    He looked positive going forward and made one great sliding challenge when it was 0-0.  I agree, though.  I would have given it to Balotelli for his goal + hold-up play, the rest of the team was either poor or average.

Yeah good going forward and that tackle, but almost cost us 3 points. Thankfully Manquillo was able to take a leaf out of Suarez's book and go down after minimal to no contact
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:04 pm

Jordan Henderchip wrote:
    El_indian wrote:I have only seen one documentary on the disaster, but i had always assumed drunk fans had played a part in it.

was it the one they showed on ESPN like 3 months ago in that ESPN 60 for 60 series or some shit
    no
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:13 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Anyone been following the latest Hillsborough enquiry?  It was today explained by disinterested people who were there that drunk Liverpool fans without tickets arrived late and deliberately caused a crush outside the ground so they'd be able to force their way into the ground, leading to the crush inside the ground.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-29223563

Pretty shocking stuff considering the mainstream narrative we've been lead to believe.  Maybe you guys should start a petition to get an enquiry into Michael Shields conviction as well, so we can all see how Liverpool Football Club got an attempted murderer unleashed onto the streets of Britain.
    I don't know any better than anyone else what happened, but I would never have found out about this had you not posted it.  I even searched in Google News and couldn't find many related articles, yet when they pinned it on the police it was the main article on BBC Sport.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Scott, thoughts on Balotelli's first celebration?  I thought it symbolized a turning point for him.  No more of the emotionless swagger, nothing inappropriate, nothing too crazy-a passionate fist pump showing that he is determined to turn his career around. 

Hopefully Ra's can rest peacefully in this new knowledge.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:11 pm

Glen Miller wrote:Scott, thoughts on Balotelli's first celebration?  I thought it symbolized a turning point for him.  No more of the emotionless swagger, nothing inappropriate, nothing too crazy-a passionate fist pump showing that he is determined to turn his career around. 

It was a good passionate fist pump, accompanied with a bellow. None of this arrogant, "look at me" crap, but that will surely resurface when he's started to score a few. It was a decent finish. One Welbeck would be proud of.

_________

Love how our fullbacks are all of sudden involved in almost everything now. Moreno assisted Balotelli, Manquillo won the penalty. It's a breath of fresh air.

Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:Scott, thoughts on Balotelli's first celebration?  I thought it symbolized a turning point for him.  No more of the emotionless swagger, nothing inappropriate, nothing too crazy-a passionate fist pump showing that he is determined to turn his career around. 

It was a good passionate fist pump, accompanied with a bellow. None of this arrogant, "look at me" crap, but that will surely resurface when he's started to score a few. It was a decent finish. One Welbeck would be proud of.

_________

Love how our fullbacks are all of sudden involved in almost everything now. Moreno assisted Balotelli, Manquillo won the penalty. It's a breath of fresh air.

It's nice to see them moving up the field and getting involved in attack, but Moreno needs to learn the correct time to go forward
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Glen Miller wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Anyone been following the latest Hillsborough enquiry?  It was today explained by disinterested people who were there that drunk Liverpool fans without tickets arrived late and deliberately caused a crush outside the ground so they'd be able to force their way into the ground, leading to the crush inside the ground.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-29223563

Pretty shocking stuff considering the mainstream narrative we've been lead to believe.  Maybe you guys should start a petition to get an enquiry into Michael Shields conviction as well, so we can all see how Liverpool Football Club got an attempted murderer unleashed onto the streets of Britain.
    I don't know any better than anyone else what happened, but I would never have found out about this had you not posted it.  I even searched in Google News and couldn't find many related articles, yet when they pinned it on the police it was the main article on BBC Sport.
    It doesn't surprise me.  Any information which makes Liverpool fans look bad is hushed up because of the deranged fan base.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Jordan Henderchip wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

_________

It's nice to see them moving up the field and getting involved in attack, but Moreno needs to learn the correct time to go forward

You can never win with certain Liverpool fans. Had we sat back, and conceded a goal due to inviting pressure onto ourselves, you'd complain that we should have carried on attacking them.

Tbh, that wasn't his fault. We were on a sudden high and were destroying them, but Sterling lost the ball, which could easily have been avoided.

Don't forget the sublime tackle Moreno made to save us.

https://vine.co/v/OW7neOwLdxd
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Jordan Henderchip wrote:

You can never win with certain Liverpool fans. Had we sat back, and conceded a goal due to inviting pressure onto ourselves, you'd complain that we should have carried on attacking them.

Tbh, that wasn't his fault. We were on a sudden high and were destroying them, but Sterling lost the ball, which could easily have been avoided.

No I fucking wouldn't.

When you are 1 goal up with only a couple of minutes left it is common sense that you stop pushing forward so far especially when you are a defender. The blame isn't all on Moreno but your left back should not be bombing up the field in the last minute of a game when it is common knowledge you don't have a very strong defence or a solid keeper.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:04 am

Saw Master Balotelli in Manchester today. He was in a red ferrari with Italian plates. I was crossing the road and he was turning right just in front of me. Had his window down so I was staring at him, he made eye contact then rolled the window up. Laughing
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:14 am

Jordan Henderchip wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

No I fucking wouldn't.

When you are 1 goal up with only a couple of minutes left it is common sense that you stop pushing forward so far especially when you are a defender. The blame isn't all on Moreno but your left back should not be bombing up the field in the last minute of a game when it is common knowledge you don't have a very strong defence or a solid keeper.

Well, our other bombing fullback won us the penalty, which one us the game so it doesn't matter.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:27 am

Correlation does not equal causation young McDougall
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:49 am

Poor Glen would have been assaulted in the streets on his way home from maths class if he had done the same thing.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Jordan Henderchip wrote:

No I fucking wouldn't.

Well, our other bombing fullback won us the penalty, which one us the game so it doesn't matter.

We shouldn't have had to rely on a last minute penalty to win the game had a certain fullback not run up the field.

I think you enjoy being the minority Scott. A large majority of Liverpool fans and football fans in general who saw the game agree that Moreno was at fault. But not you Scott, you're a hipster.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:02 pm

Jordan Henderchip wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

We shouldn't have had to rely on a last minute penalty to win the game had a certain fullback not run up the field.

I think you enjoy being the minority Scott. A large majority of Liverpool fans and football fans in general who saw the game agree that Moreno was at fault. But not you Scott, you're a hipster.

1. Why are you only blaming Moreno, though? Sterling held onto the ball for far too long, and ultimately lost it when he was in a relatively comfortable position and he also could easily have passed it to Moreno, or whoever it was in the center (I think it was Borini) There was acres of space. Lovren was on the wrong side of the attacker, and Mignolet did a repeat of what he did against City and came off his line in a ridiculous manner, which meant he got rounded way too easily. So, again, why the fuck is only Moreno to blame?

2. He would have been instructed to play that way, Chip. If anything, blame Rodgers, not Moreno.

You're still ignoring his brilliant slide tackle in the box, after Sakho got rekt. Moreno also assisted our first goal with a sublime cross for Balotelli and was our highest chance creator (5) of the game. So excuse me for thinking it's absolutely pathetic to lay blame on who was arguably the best player on the pitch that night.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:17 pm

He played well, but one brain explosion could have cost us a vital 3 points in our quest for a place in the Knockout Round of the Europa League.

Had Manquillo not gone down so easily we would have drawn 1-1 and Moreno would have been at fault.

Our whole defence is a shambles and it isn't helped when we're trying to conserve a lead at the end of a match and one of our defenders is up by the opposition penalty area.

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 31 10703863_376522002503663_7894609452862236139_n

Look who made team of the week Scott Very Happy
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Of course he made team of the week, he was brilliant. I have already stated CLEAR reasons why the fault didn't just lie with him. Sterling's loss of possession was what started the whole thing.

You're also ignoring certain points, again. Rodgers will have instructed Moreno and Manquillo to play that way. Blame him.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:Of course he made team of the week, he was brilliant. I have already stated CLEAR reasons why the fault didn't just lie with him. Sterling's loss of possession was what started the whole thing.

You're also ignoring certain points, again. Rodgers will have instructed Moreno and Manquillo to play that way. Blame him.

If Rodgers is retarded enough to tell the fullbacks to push up the field when we are 1 goal up in the last minute of a game.

Then I expect a lot more late goals this season
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:55 am

Rolling Eyes Whatever.

I am very excited about Moreno and Manquillo. Both are already huge upgrades on our previous options (Cissokho, Johnson, Flanagan; lmao).

The balance between them is just right, too. Manquillo reminds me of Arbeloa already, and is doing 100x the job Johnson is capable of doing. No more aimless runs into defenders and failed nutmegs. He's assured on the ball and you don't expect him to lose it and like Rodgers said, he's like a rash in defense. Love him already.

Moreno, however, is going to be one of those that Madrid/Barca come calling for in a couple of years. You can quote me on that. It's amazing that we got him for £12 million, whilst Shaw (an inferior player) went for more than double that rofl
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:17 am

Why would Barça go for Moreno when they have Jordi Alba (25) and they have Grimaldo (18) just coming up from their cantera? Laughing Liverpool fans using that as a way to show who is better. Cringe.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:08 am

vel wrote:Why would Barça go for Moreno when they have Jordi Alba (25) and they have Grimaldo (18) just coming up from their cantera? Laughing Liverpool fans using that as a way to show who is better. Cringe.

Why would they go for Suarez if they already have Messi, Neymar and Sanchez (at the time)?

Because they can.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:18 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    vel wrote:Why would Barça go for Moreno when they have Jordi Alba (25) and they have Grimaldo (18) just coming up from their cantera? Laughing Liverpool fans using that as a way to show who is better. Cringe.

Why would they go for Suarez if they already have Messi, Neymar and Sanchez (at the time)?

Because they can.

That's a bit different, a player like Suarez can win games and leagues through his goals, a full back no matter how good isn't likely to be worth such an investment especially when they have players of a similar quality.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:24 am

Isn't that Grimaldo kid meant to be quite a promising player (he is in FM)
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Sean wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Because they can.

That's a bit different, a player like Suarez can win games and leagues through his goals, a full back no matter how good isn't likely to be worth such an investment especially when they have players of a similar quality.

Moreno will do a Bale.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:41 pm

No he won't.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:00 pm

hah i was just gonna say Moreno is the next Bale. 

He's cost us two goals this season already. He'll improve thoough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:53 pm