Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
Sean
El_indian
Stranger
samiz
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Theo Filippo
Mal
Eternal Witcher
dena
vel
Scuba Steve
Vela
Eriksen
Dagbon
Novi
Mason
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Scouser_Dave
Grenade
28 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:02 pm

Ok, let me clarify. He's been abysmal, particularly last season for Milan. At 24 he's still got time to fulfil his excellent potential. Will he do that at Liverpool under Rodgers? Maybe. Personally I think Liverpool are signing him because they've exhausted their search for a striker and they're just going to have to settle for him. Less than 3 weeks ago Rodgers ruled out signing him

Rodgers wrote:I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/03/liverpool-not-sign-milan-mario-balotelli-brendan-rodgers

Since then you haven't been linked with him at all and instead but linked with numerous other targets that have all failed to come to fruition. Seems pretty clear that when Rodgers said that in early August he was under the illusion that Liverpool could do better. Now that you've failed to attract any big name strikers you're just going to have begrudgingly take him as a last resort.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Seems a bit like a signing to appease the fans.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:09 pm

Glen Miller wrote:Seems a bit like a signing to appease the fans.

Seems more like a gamble to me. If he can live up to his potential he can be the world class striker that fills the void of Suarez. If he doesn't, he can be a distraction that turns the team into a circus.

I love Balotelli, the only reason I wasn't sorry to see him go is because I was getting sick of reading negative stuff about City on the back pages every single day.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 pm

I agree with that as well.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:Ok, let me clarify. He's been abysmal, particularly last season for Milan. At 24 he's still got time to fulfil his excellent potential. Will he do that at Liverpool under Rodgers? Maybe. Personally I think Liverpool are signing him because they've exhausted their search for a striker and they're just going to have to settle for him. Less than 3 weeks ago Rodgers ruled out signing him

Rodgers wrote:I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/03/liverpool-not-sign-milan-mario-balotelli-brendan-rodgers

Since then you haven't been linked with him at all and instead but linked with numerous other targets that have all failed to come to fruition. Seems pretty clear that when Rodgers said that in early August he was under the illusion that Liverpool could do better. Now that you've failed to attract any big name strikers you're just going to have begrudgingly take him as a last resort.  

Or he was just doing a Mourinho.

Will be able to tell when he's questioned about it in his next press conference. If a smug smile emerges, or a wink, that'll say it all.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Ok, let me clarify. He's been abysmal, particularly last season for Milan. At 24 he's still got time to fulfil his excellent potential. Will he do that at Liverpool under Rodgers? Maybe. Personally I think Liverpool are signing him because they've exhausted their search for a striker and they're just going to have to settle for him. Less than 3 weeks ago Rodgers ruled out signing him

Or he was just doing a Mourinho.

Will be able to tell when he's questioned about it in his next press conference. If a smug smile emerges, or a wink, that'll say it all.

What? He said that Balotelli comment with a straight face 3 weeks ago. Anything he says now will be him trying to cover his ass  rofl  He's not exactly going to say "Yeah, we failed in the pursuit of a number of targets during the last three weeks so I've just decided to settle on a player I didn't want at all three weeks ago"

When has Mourinho denied wanting to sign a player, shopped around for 3 weeks, trying to sign multiple targets to no avail and then signed said player and acted like it was his plan all along?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:36 pm

Give it up, Keyser. You stink of jealousy right now.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:08 am

Excellent trolling by you Scott. I'll bite anyway.

What have I got to be jealous about? Milan admitted we turned down signing him after his awful WC. Balotelli then issued a "come and get me plea" by desperately photographing himself next to an Arsenal badge. He's much better than Giroud but I'd rather hold out hope we sign a another strike on deadline day than sign him now.

You just keep reassuring yourself on how this has been a great transfer window. Helps elevate the insecurities you have now that Suarez has left and after missing out on Sanchez.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:18 am

Keep trying, Keyser. You seem to care an awful lot about this transfer. Laughing

Didn't Wenger say he's not after another striker, after the signing of Sanchez?

Edit: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-no-plans-sign-another-3889788

Wenger wrote:Up front we don't need any more, maybe I will still bring in one centre-back. I will bring in a goalkeeper for sure and we are still out there to strengthen our squad.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:31 am

He was just doing a Mourinho. He said it with a smug smile and a wink.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:34 am

Laughing

Thought so.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:34 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Or he was just doing a Mourinho.

rofl  facepalm
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:35 am

Arsenal fans rushing in here soon after the news breaks Laughing

Love it.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:39 am

Unlike when you went into hiding after we signed Sanchez.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:43 am

As soon as I heard the news I jumped out of bed put the laptop on and came into this thread.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:46 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Unlike when you went into hiding after we signed Sanchez.

Hiding? Laughing I've consistently posted here for a good few months now.

Theo Filippo wrote:As soon as I heard the news I jumped out of bed put the laptop on and came into this thread.

We know.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:47 am

Well yeah, I just said it..

Also Keyser is right you went quiet for a few days after we signed him.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:53 am

What constitutes as quiet? 1 day of no posts, or something? That happens frequently. If I didn't post for a day or two after Sanchez signed, it would merely have been a coincidence, rather than going into hiding.

As if I would go into hiding Laughing, I'm one of the more outspoken members of the forum and don't shy away from anything Laughing

You're the one who went into hiding after we leapfrogged you in the League. Your excuse was you didn't care about football anymore Laughing Riiight. Back now, though? rofl
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:58 am

Balotelli is such a huge risk for any club to take, it could turn out to be great or it could be a massive mistake that puts Rodgers under a lot of scrutiny and possibly leads to his demise at Liverpool. If Liverpool think they can afford the high stakes then why not? But the damage that could be caused by this far outweighs any success it could bring. 

He's been living off his potential for a good 5 years now, but how much longer can it carry him? Like Zzonked said, if he lives up to his potential he can be world class, but he's 24 now and people have been saying that for a long time and nothing has really come of it. Yes, he has talent but he also has never seemed to settled and he's not consistent, add to that his terrible discipline and his acquired personality and it's a bit of a car crash. 

It'll be interesting to see how this works out.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:04 am

Dry your tears mate.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:06 am

Scott_LFC wrote:What constitutes as quiet? 1 day of no posts, or something? That happens frequently. If I didn't post for a day or two after Sanchez signed, it would merely have been a coincidence, rather than going into hiding.

As if I would go into hiding Laughing, I'm one of the more outspoken members of the forum and don't shy away from anything Laughing

You're the one who went into hiding after we leapfrogged you in the League. Your excuse was you didn't care about football anymore Laughing Riiight. Back now, though? rofl
    The same criteria that you used for RR when you said that he went quiet after Man United's loss to Swansea. 

Incorrect, I instead negotiated a £1000 bet with you, worked out well. Smile 

I think the only time I've consistently watched football over the last year is when the world cup was on, other than that I've still not seen much. Laughing
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:06 am

The Zlatan wrote:Balotelli is such a huge risk for any club to take, it could turn out to be great or it could be a massive mistake that puts Rodgers under a lot of scrutiny and possibly leads to his demise at Liverpool. If Liverpool think they can afford the high stakes then why not? But the damage that could be caused by this far outweighs any success it could bring. 

He's been living off his potential for a good 5 years now, but how much longer can it carry him? Like Zzonked said, if he lives up to his potential he can be world class, but he's 24 now and people have been saying that for a long time and nothing has really come of it. Yes, he has talent but he also has never seemed to settled and he's not consistent, add to that his terrible discipline and his acquired personality and it's a bit of a car crash. 

It'll be interesting to see how this works out.

Hyperbole, much? Laughing

Worse comes to worse, we can sell him on for close to what we paid for him.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:06 am

I've got no doubts about this, the YNWA spirit has been waiting for him all his life. Wouldn't be surprised if he breaks down in tears the first time he hears the Kop sing his name. Our squad hasn't looked this good, not for decades.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:09 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:What constitutes as quiet? 1 day of no posts, or something? That happens frequently. If I didn't post for a day or two after Sanchez signed, it would merely have been a coincidence, rather than going into hiding.

The same criteria that you used for RR when you said that he went quiet after Man United's loss to Swansea. 

I think the only time I've consistently watched football over the last year is when the world cup was on, other than that I've still not seen much. Laughing

I was on the wind up with RR, whereas you and Keyser think I genuinely went into hiding. Laughing

The fact you didn't pay up is still pathetic. The fact you won't at least give me my £25 back is even more pathetic.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:10 am

Anyway, you jealous Arsenal fans can get to fuck Laughing

Super Mario, baby.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:12 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:

I was on the wind up with RR, whereas you and Keyser think I genuinely went into hiding. Laughing

The fact you didn't pay up is still pathetic. The fact you won't at least give me my £25 back is even more pathetic.
    How convenient.

Agreed, agreed.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:12 am

Don't know what they're worried about, fourth is still well within reach with the state of Man U and Spurs.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:15 am

Hope we get the full details on his journey to the promised land.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:16 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Don't know what they're worried about, fourth is still well within reach with the state of Man U and Spurs.

I think they're feeling a bit uneasy, as they struggled against Besiktas and could potentially not even be in the CL this season.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:26 am

MILAN - Mario Balotelli drove out of Milanello at 13.30 after saying good-bye to his team-mates and the club's press staff.

Go on!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:36 am