Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Dagbon
LeoGuaje
Scott M
Eternal Witcher
Kuled
JonjoShelvey
Phadunkin Donuts
Glen Miller
Juvendinho
El Jefe
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
El_indian
jeb4eva
Andy
SBSP
Jeff
Mustangt125
Bushido
ricky//habana
Hodor
Zzonked
Philippe
The Godfather
LewisMcHearts
Grenade
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Marvin
JamieB
PrideOfTheMidlands
Walcott
Carlos Jenkinson
menalawyerguy
luke.
arsenalap11
Keanoo
Theo Filippo
Forest
Scouser_Dave
Jord
Cam
Jordi
CollieBuddz
Danny
The Zlatan
Cadbury
samiz
51 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Liverpool FC Official Thread Empty Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:34 am

I much prefer the idea of signing Coutinho to that of signing Ince. Ince would not be an improvement on Downing, we should not spend more than 3-4 million on a squad player for the cup matches. Coutinho is young, skillful, and not a "brute force" attacker. I can only hope that the idea of playing against the likes of Phillip Neville, Ryan Shawcross, and Jamie Carragher (in training) does not put him off joining a Premier League side.
    samiz
    samiz

Liverpool FC Official Thread Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by samiz Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 am

Yeah I do not want Ince, would much rather get Coutinho but I have a feeling we're after both (if Ince price is okay). Worst case scenario we don't get Coutinho and overspend on Ince.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:45 am

A second bid has been rejected.

We do seem to seriously want him. Liverpool FC Official Thread 207657
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:17 am

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
    Liverpool and Coutinho are hopeful it will happen.The player is very excited about move! Fee close to be agreed but not yet. Hope it happens

Coutinho is going to be a top performer. Skilfull, can produce magic in a square metre. He's quick but needs to grow as a team player.

Coutinho great talent,certainly worth £10m. And he is quick, special. Will take time to adapt but will offer magic straight away if he comes

Apparently Guillem thinks it's on.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 am

Glen Damon wrote:I much prefer the idea of signing Coutinho to that of signing Ince. Ince would not be an improvement on Downing, we should not spend more than 3-4 million on a squad player for the cup matches. Coutinho is young, skillful, and not a "brute force" attacker. I can only hope that the idea of playing against the likes of Phillip Neville, Ryan Shawcross, and Jamie Carragher (in training) does not put him off joining a Premier League side.

The Legend that is Carragher will get him ready for the rigours of the Premier League.

Liverpool FC Official Thread 914411Jamie Carragher Liverpool FC Official Thread 914411

Last edited by Alan on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 am

Alan wrote:
    Glen Damon wrote:I much prefer the idea of signing Coutinho to that of signing Ince. Ince would not be an improvement on Downing, we should not spend more than 3-4 million on a squad player for the cup matches. Coutinho is young, skillful, and not a "brute force" attacker. I can only hope that the idea of playing against the likes of Phillip Neville, Ryan Shawcross, and Jamie Carragher (in training) does not put him off joining a Premier League side.

The Legend that is Carragher will get him ready for the riggers of the Premier League.

Liverpool FC Official Thread 914411Jamie Carragher Liverpool FC Official Thread 914411
    By "getting him ready," I certainly hope that does not mean "making him bleed profusely."

Spoiler:
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:49 am

Alan wrote:

The Legend that is Carragher will get him ready for the riggers of the Premier League.

Alan, I am deeply concerned about this post, at first glance, it seems like nothing more than an attempt at trolling Glen Damon. But if you look a little deeper, there is one word that stands out and strikes me with much distress. All though it seems like an innocent choice of wording, your use of the word 'riggers' can be interpreted as an attempt at racism to the superior eye. At first, it could just be a rather bad spelling error, but knowing the history of Liverpool Football Club and with you being such a passionate supporter, I would not be surprised one bit if this was a deliberate racial slur. There are also many gentlemen of African descent playing in the Premier League, which further intensifies my suspicions.

I think you were trying to be clever by disguising your blatant racism as the word 'rigours', but I have caught you out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:50 am

Good News: Pepe wants Barca move, according to his Dad.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:51 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Alan wrote:

Alan, I am deeply concerned about this post, at first glance, it seems like nothing more than an attempt at trolling Glen Damon. But if you look a little deeper, there is one word that stands out and strikes me with much distress. All though it seems like an innocent choice of wording, your use of the word 'riggers' can be interpreted as an attempt at racism to the superior eye. At first, it could just be a rather bad spelling error, but knowing the history of Liverpool Football Club and with you being such a passionate supporter, I would not be surprised one bit if this was a deliberate racial slur. There are also many gentlemen of African descent playing in the Premier League, which further intensifies my suspicions.

I think you were trying to be clever by disguising your blatant racism as the word 'rigours', but I have caught you out.
    eek Good spot. Alan, please look to answer this immediately, and make your case clear.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 am

fabio borini
    ‏@borinifabio29

..pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good it's really good, when it's bad it still pretty good..
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:05 am

I doubt Coutinho even knows who Shawcross is tbh. shifty
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:07 am

Gerrard creates chances more often than the "world class" Santi Cazorla and Mikel Arteta not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 am

Glen Damon wrote:
    Alan wrote:

By "getting him ready," I certainly hope that does not mean "making him bleed profusely."

Spoiler:
    Absolutely disgusting from the vice captain.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 am

Where would Coutinho play? is he fast?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:16 am

El Jefe wrote:Gerrard creates chances more often than the "world class" Santi Cazorla and Mikel Arteta Liverpool FC Official Thread 914411

And Gerrard up until the 1st of January had covered more distance than any player in the Premier League and has 8 assists which is level top with the great Juan Mata. Liverpool FC Official Thread 914411

DISTANCE COVERED (kilometres)

TOP PLAYERS: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) 208.05, Jonathan Walters (Stoke) 206.74, Leon Osman (Everton) 204.77.

Liverpool FC Official Thread Gerrar11
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:22 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Alan wrote:

Yes you caught me out i must be a racist Embarassed And i started being a racist early here is me all those years ago just before i racially abused the great John Barnes.

Liverpool FC Official Thread John_b10

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2119806/Arsenal-fan-arrested-racist-abuse-Newcastle-midfielder-Cheick-Tiote.html

Liverpool FC Official Thread 950455

Last edited by Alan on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:42 am; edited 2 times in total
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:26 am

Mustangt125 wrote:Where would Coutinho play? is he fast?
    He is quick, but I would not say he is breathtakingly fast. It is hard to say where he would play, seeing as our shape seems to change each week. He would probably play where Henderson played the last game, somewhere in between LM & CAM with Glen Johnson almost occupying a left midfield role.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 am

Alan wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote:

Yes you caught me out i must be a racist Embarassed And i started being a racist early here is me all those years ago just before i racially abused the great John Barnes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2119806/Arsenal-fan-arrested-racist-abuse-Newcastle-midfielder-Cheick-Tiote.html

Liverpool FC Official Thread _65392380_159720645

scratch
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:35 am

Hahah Alan's "here's me next to a black person" defense reminds me of this:

Liverpool FC Official Thread Luis-Suarez-photographed-by-SuarezLabuschagne

Which was used at his trial.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 am

El_indian wrote:Hahah Alan's "here's me next to a black person" defense reminds me of this:

Liverpool FC Official Thread Luis-Suarez-photographed-by-SuarezLabuschagne

Which was used at his trial.
    John Barnes was not just a black person, Johnny Barnes is and was an absolute Legend.Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Alan wrote:

Liverpool FC Official Thread _65392380_159720645

scratch
    Suarez is from a different country and did not realise what he was saying was racist, its obvious what happened.What a Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:25 am

"I don't feel that I'm on my way out," Coutinho told Sky Sport 24.

"I hope to stay at Inter. I feel the coach and the club trust me.

"Now I'm focused only on doing my best in my job and getting back on the field soon."
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 am

Meh, if we agree a fee, he's probably coming, I never take what players say seriously
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:36 am

Guillem Balague posted this just now:

If Liverpool finally gets Coutinho for £8m, they would have got a bargain. I saw him play for Espanyol and he can produce magic in a small space, can run with the ball and dribble, opening up tight defences. He sometimes forgets a pass is a better idea than taking players on, but he has confidence in his ability and is quick. He can play in the left side of the attack in a 4-3-3, cutting inside and leaving Jose Enrique with the whole wing. Very interesting exciting prospect for Liverpool! Specially if the club study closely the reasons for his injuries, sometimes it is as easy as looking after the right diet as Messi would tell you.

Clubs are negotiating and Liverpool is very hopeful that the transfer will take place.

But...

There is always a but.

Coutinho told Sky Italia that he would prefer to stay at Inter but also to a key Liverpool player that he wants to come to Anfield. That conversation started the transfer process -you don't try hard for a player if you don't think he wants to come

I really hope for Liverpool and for the Premier League that the footballer is only protecting himself in case the transfer doesn't take place, because his arrival would give more glamour and talent to the league
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:33 am

Has there ever been a player better at pulling the dejected face than Gerrard?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 am

Alan wrote:
    El Jefe wrote:Gerrard creates chances more often than the "world class" Santi Cazorla and Mikel Arteta Liverpool FC Official Thread 914411

And Gerrard up until the 1st of January had covered more distance than any player in the Premier League and has 8 assists which is level top with the great Juan Mata. Liverpool FC Official Thread 914411

DISTANCE COVERED (kilometres)

TOP PLAYERS: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) 208.05, Jonathan Walters (Stoke) 206.74, Leon Osman (Everton) 204.77.

Liverpool FC Official Thread Gerrar11
    Majority of the time chasing shadows Laughing
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Yeah, totally.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Cam wrote:Yeah, totally.
    Agreed, I think that Jones brings up a very good point. Gerrard does not press intelligently like, say, Luis Suarez, Joseph Allen, or Maxi Rodriguez. His pressing is more like that of Dirk Kuyt, a hopeless and uncontrolled sprint while a composed opponent frequently sidesteps him with ease.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Gerrard is awesome. And there's no fucking way that picture was used in his trial defense, unless he had the most amateur lawyers ever.

Id like to sign Coutinho now, but doesn't look good with those quotes.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:38 pm

If we sell Reina, we'll be down to 1 Spanish regular. That's not acceptable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:36 pm