Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
Sean
El_indian
Stranger
samiz
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Theo Filippo
Mal
Eternal Witcher
dena
vel
Scuba Steve
Vela
Eriksen
Dagbon
Novi
Mason
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Scouser_Dave
Grenade
28 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

vel
    vel

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by vel Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 33 Emma-Dalton
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:28 pm

What a fucking top LAD

getting his pick of birds in the 'Pool
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:41 am

Another shit performance by Balotelli, he sure is proving us wrong rofl rofl
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:43 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Another shit performance by Balotelli, he sure is proving us wrong rofl rofl
    lmao u joking?? welbz and ozil were invisible tonite
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:46 am

Balotelli hasn't looked terrible, what he does looks good, it just seems like everything he does is with his back to goal.  I would have liked to have seen what he could have done partnering Lambert in the absence of Sturridge.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:48 am

At least they celebrated with a bit of dignity and humility at being dragged to a 30 penalty shootout against a Championship team. Not like Arsenal who celebrated beating a Championship side on penalties with their strongest possible XI like they had won the Treble.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:51 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:At least they celebrated with a bit of dignity and humility at being dragged to a 30 penalty shootout against a Championship team.  Not like Arsenal who celebrated beating a Championship side on penalties with their strongest possible XI like they had won the Treble.
    I feel like it got to the point where nobody was really bothered by the result.  At 12-12, you could see the Boro & Liverpool players laughing together, united by a precious moment of footballing hilarity.  It was really quite touching and put football into perspective.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:43 am

Glen Miller wrote:Balotelli hasn't looked terrible, what he does looks good, it just seems like everything he does is with his back to goal.  I would have liked to have seen what he could have done partnering Lambert in the absence of Sturridge.

Come on Glen Rolling Eyes He's played against Spurs, Villa, Ludogorets, West Ham, and Middlesbrough. He's played as the main striker on all those games bar Spurs and yet he's only managed to score only goal against a bunch of amateurs. With Sturridge out of the line up this was his time to shine and he hasn't done that at all in my opinion.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:58 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:Balotelli hasn't looked terrible, what he does looks good, it just seems like everything he does is with his back to goal.  I would have liked to have seen what he could have done partnering Lambert in the absence of Sturridge.

Come on Glen  Rolling Eyes  He's played against Spurs, Villa, Ludogorets, West Ham, and Middlesbrough. He's played as the main striker on all those games bar Spurs and yet he's only managed to score only goal against a bunch of amateurs. With Sturridge out of the line up this was his time to shine and he hasn't done that at all in my opinion.
    I'm not denying that he has been disappointing, I'm just commenting on the fact that (Spurs aside) he hasn't done that much wrong, but it's all been very simple from him and it all seems to be coming from deep.  I don't think he is suited to playing up front on his own.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Glen Miller wrote:I don't think he is suited to playing up front on his own.
    I agree with that, he's too static and he wants the ball to much to be a reference point that you would want in a lone CF. It would be a waste of his playmaking abilities to leave him up front just to convert chances (in theory). I think a le partnership with Sturridge and Balotelli would be able to thrive but it forces Liverpool into a tough situation.

(1) Playing 2 up front
    (2) Accommodating Sterling/Coutinho/Markovic/Lallana in offensive roles
    (3) Accommodating Gerrard

A possible solution would be a 4-4-2 but I don't think Liverpool has the right personnel for it. Liverpool can't play it like Atlético or Madrid simply due to personnel issues. The defence is shite and the midfield doesn't have the all-around threat that the two Spanish teams do when they play it.

Liverpool won't finish in the Top 4, that's for certain. Bitey was by far Liverpool's best player and it was hilarious when Liverpool fans used to say that during the run-in, it was Sterling and Gerrard who stepped up whereas Suárez dropped off. Utter horseshit.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:59 pm

vel wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:I don't think he is suited to playing up front on his own.
    I agree with that, he's too static and he wants the ball to much to be a reference point that you would want in a lone CF. It would be a waste of his playmaking abilities to leave him up front just to convert chances (in theory). I think a le partnership with Sturridge and Balotelli would be able to thrive but it forces Liverpool into a tough situation.

(1) Playing 2 up front
    (2) Accommodating Sterling/Coutinho/Markovic/Lallana in offensive roles
    (3) Accommodating Gerrard

A possible solution would be a 4-4-2 but I don't think Liverpool has the right personnel for it. Liverpool can't play it like Atlético or Madrid simply due to personnel issues. The defence is shite and the midfield doesn't have the all-around threat that the two Spanish teams do when they play it.

Liverpool won't finish in the Top 4, that's for certain. Bitey was by far Liverpool's best player and it was hilarious when Liverpool fans used to say that during the run-in, it was Sterling and Gerrard who stepped up whereas Suárez dropped off. Utter horseshit.
    Yeah, I felt that Suarez was given much more space in the first half of the season, hence why he scored 20 goals in 15 games or whatever it was.  After that, teams thought that if they closed down Studge and Suarez and battered our backline, they could get results.  That just left ridiculous oceans of space for the lesser attackers like Coutinho and Sterling to run riot.  That is highlighted by the fact that those two showed up really well in the big matches.

4-4-2 doesn't really seem like an option, we clearly want to play Sterling centrally and beyond him we don't have any wingers who have played consistently.  It will have to be a diamond, I suppose.  I would love for Gerrard to be dropped, I would even prefer Lucas in that role.  Can just seems like an Henderson-type player Instead of the great midfield destroyer some claimed. I do suspect that Rodgers is too stubborn to play a true defensive midfielder in this lineup.  Right now, his "philosophy" is failing to address our 3 biggest problems: our defensive balance, our defending from set-pieces, and the balance of our midfield.  West Ham just stuck STEWART DOWNING on Gerrard and he was completely ineffective-if you can't control a game from that position, you better have the legs and intelligence to cover defensively. Gerrard has neither.

The biggest problem offensively is that we just haven't had anybody running in behind with Sturridge out. The only time we looked threatening today was with one-touch football down the flanks, and only Lallana & Enrique pulled that off successfully.  Sterling and Markovic are clearly skilled, but they prefer seven-touch football and often bite off more than they can chew.  Sturridge's return should paper over a few cracks.

What are your thoughts about the Valdes deal?
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Honestly I expect Liverpool to have an okay season, get out of the group stages of the CL and finish in the top 6 of the Premier League...unless Manchester United fuck up heavily (again), Liverpool will almost certainly finish outside of the top 4.

VAldés pre ACL-injury was in really good form, he's always been a great goalkeeper. He's easily better than Mignolet rofl
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:05 pm

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/tactics-and-analysis/67/post/2050805/whos-to-blame-for-liverpools-defensive-woes
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:09 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

Come on Glen  Rolling Eyes  He's played against Spurs, Villa, Ludogorets, West Ham, and Middlesbrough. He's played as the main striker on all those games bar Spurs and yet he's only managed to score only goal against a bunch of amateurs. With Sturridge out of the line up this was his time to shine and he hasn't done that at all in my opinion.
    I'm not denying that he has been disappointing, I'm just commenting on the fact that (Spurs aside) he hasn't done that much wrong, but it's all been very simple from him and it all seems to be coming from deep.  I don't think he is suited to playing up front on his own.
    I can see where you're coming from. I guess I'm just of the opinion that being very simple is doing something wrong.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:15 am

Didn't Balotelli only get 1 assist in his City career?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:23 am

That's what people say, only the Aguero goal.

Off the top of my head I can't remember any others to prove that stat wrong.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:10 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:
    I can see where you're coming from. I guess I'm just of the opinion that being very simple is doing something wrong.
    It kind of is, especially when the player in question is allegedly a direct replacement for Suarez, ie someone who adds something special to the attack.  I don't want to be too hard on him when the rest of the team is playing so poorly as well.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:13 pm

Zzonked wrote:That's what people say, only the Aguero goal.

Sean wrote:Didn't Balotelli only get 1 assist in his City career?

Glory hunting plastics know fuck all rofl rofl rofl go support ur local club BERTIES

every real City fan who has watched Colin Bell and Kinky Kinkladze sitting in the Kippax remembers Balotelli's assist to YAYA against Villarreal in the 2011-12 Champions League

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 33 POZ4EaD

remember sitting in the City end chanting my heart out when YAYA scored this le blooter golazo
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:38 pm

vel wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:That's what people say, only the Aguero goal.

Sean wrote:Didn't Balotelli only get 1 assist in his City career?

Glory hunting plastics know fuck all rofl rofl rofl go support ur local club BERTIES

every real City fan who has watched Colin Bell and Kinky Kinkladze sitting in the Kippax remembers Balotelli's assist to YAYA against Villarreal in the 2011-12 Champions League

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 33 POZ4EaD

remember sitting in the City end chanting my heart out when YAYA scored this le blooter golazo

One league assist then
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:47 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2770494/Raheem-Sterling-leads-line-Mario-Balotelli-Romelu-Lukaku-miss-place-Merseyside-XI-ahead-Liverpool-s-clash-Everton-Anfield.html

This article is retarded.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:42 pm

It breaks my heart that cunts like that get paid to watch football and write about it for a national newspaper.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:01 pm

rofl The Naismith selection takes the biscuit.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:03 am

On why Gerrard was included:

The questions, here, will come over Gerrard, whom Rodgers staunchly defended on Monday. Some will ask why he gets in, so here are the reasons: if, say, you want a last minute penalty converting [..] Gerrard remains the man to do it.

Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:03 am

Glen Miller wrote:rofl The Naismith selection takes the biscuit.

Why? His inclusion in the team may be debatable, but I think the points are fair.

• The most improved player at Goodison Park in the last 12 months, Everton are better when he is in the team
    • uses the ball intelligently
    • Everton may have started the campaign slowly but that is not something you could level at him.

Probably true.

• Works relentlessly, 
    • has the knack of popping up in the right areas at the right moment to score goals.

Definitely true.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:14 am

Bruv, he moved Raheem Sterling out of position & ignored Studge to include the wee Scot. 

@Keyser:  To be fair, at least he was honest and didn't say anything about Gerrard's "intangible" qualities such as his leadership and his presence.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:11 pm

I'm completely unable to give Naismith any recognition.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:41 pm

2-0 to Everton. No attacking threat in our last three games, and Everton will benefit from individual errors and suicidal backpasses of this shithouse team.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Dagbon wrote:2-0 to Everton. No attacking threat in our last three games, and Everton will benefit from individual errors and suicidal backpasses of this shithouse team.

I think 2-0 is being optimistic. I'm afraid everton are going to run riot.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:37 am

Roll on next season.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:37 am

I knew Balotelli wouldn't be great but I didn't expect him to be this dogshit.

Also great way to end the game, any confidence that would've been gained lost. Probably worse than it was before the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:29 pm