Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
Sean
El_indian
Stranger
samiz
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Theo Filippo
Mal
Eternal Witcher
dena
vel
Scuba Steve
Vela
Eriksen
Dagbon
Novi
Mason
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Scouser_Dave
Grenade
28 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Scott_LFC

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:My line up and bench, assuming we sign Moreno and Manquillo (also assuming Manquillo > Johnson, which shouldn't be hard).

Markovic - Sturridge - Sterling
    Coutinho - Henderson
    Can
    Moreno - Sakho - Lovren - Manquillo
    Mignolet

Bench: Jones, Agger/Skrtel, Enrique, Johnson, Gerrard/Allen/Lucas, Lallana, Lambert

I think that's pretty strong, and hopefully a lot more defensively secure than last season. Can and Henderson in the middle will ensure that we don't get bullied. Coutinho will have fun playing the ball into the 3 speedsters in front of him. Lallana is a strong bench option who could also be rotated with Sterling, Markovic and Coutinho, Gerrard/Allen/Lucas is also a decent bench option and having Enrique and Johnson as bench options too, is a stark contrast to our bench last season. Much better depth in quality overall.

Should we complete the signings of Moreno and Manquillo, I would say we only need a striker. Borini is surely on his way out, and the less said about Lambert, the better. If we don't sign another striker and start the season with only Sturridge and Lambert, then RIP in peace.
    Surely you wouldn't play a totally new back 4. When's the last time a club has done that.

Manquillo would just be cover. When Lallana is fit he'll start over Markovic. Gerrard will be starting more often than not.

Hence why I said it's my team. I don't expect us to line up like that. Not straight away, at least.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:09 pm

I was pointing out why "your team" was stupid.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:38 pm

Why exactly? You mention a new back four, but still

Moreno > Enrique
    Sakho > Agger
    Lovren > Skrtel
    Anyone > Johnson.

You say Gerrard will start more often than not, but

Can > Gerrard

Markovic and Lallana offer different things, but from what I've seen of Markovic so far, he looks insanely promising, so I'm picking him. I did say Markovic, Lallana and Sterling can be rotated, anyway.

I don't give a fuck if these players haven't played together yet, this team isn't my team for the first game of the season. It's the team I'd like to see once each and every player has gotten going and are performing to their best.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:09 am

Mignolet
    Flanagan-Skrtel-Lovren-Enrique
    Gerrard
    Henderson-Allen
    Coutinho
    Rickie-Studge
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:54 am

That's disgusting.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:12 am

“You’re never too good for Arsenal and Steven Gerrard knows that,” said Wenger. “But I can understand completely that he asked him to stay because he wanted him [Suárez] to play with him and have a chance to win the Premier League. But it didn’t happen, and anyway, Suárez left.”
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:52 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:“You’re never too good for Arsenal and Steven Gerrard knows that,” said Wenger. “But I can understand completely that he asked him to stay because he wanted him [Suárez] to play with him and have a chance to win the Premier League. But it didn’t happen, and anyway, Suárez left.”

I don't know why so many people got into an uproar over Gerrard's comments. What he said was true. Suarez is too good for Arsenal. It goes without saying that it also means he's too good for Liverpool.

Wenger sounds bitter. Probably because they only managed to finish 4th, as usual.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:48 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:“You’re never too good for Arsenal and Steven Gerrard knows that,” said Wenger. “But I can understand completely that he asked him to stay because he wanted him [Suárez] to play with him and have a chance to win the Premier League. But it didn’t happen, and anyway, Suárez left.”

I don't know why so many people got into an uproar over Gerrard's comments. What he said was true. Suarez is too good for Arsenal. It goes without saying that it also means he's too good for Liverpool.

Wenger sounds bitter. Probably because they only managed to finish 4th, as usual.

It was a completely unnecessary and disrespectful dig from Gerrard. If he tries to get into a battle of wits with Arsene Wenger he is going to be humiliated.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:29 am

How is it a dig? If Suarez had gone to Arsenal, the chances of him getting his dream move to Barcelona or Real Madrid the following season (which is ultimately what he wanted) would have been reduced greatly. Arsenal aren't going to sign him for one season and then sell him.

Gerrard's advice was good advice.

He stayed and had the best season of his career, helping Liverpool compete for the title right up until the last match day, and got us into the CL, whilst winning most of the individual awards, and in the end, he had Barcelona come calling for him and we got £75 million out of it, as opposed to the meagre £40 million and £1 we would have gotten from Arsenal. He also left on good terms with the fans, something that wouldn't have happened had he gone to Arsenal.

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:44 am

If Mourinho comes out tomorrow and says he is glad Mata went to United because he is too good to play for Liverpool would you take that as a dig or as fair comment?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:01 am

It would be a dig because it would come out without any real relevance to anything that has happened.

Who relayed SGYNWA's comments?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:38 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:If Mourinho comes out tomorrow and says he is glad Mata went to United because he is too good to play for Liverpool would you take that as a dig or as fair comment?

Considering you finished 7th and we finished 2nd, that would be a ludicrous thing to say and is not even slightly comparable to Arsenal vs Barcelona.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:57 am

Glen Miller wrote:It would be a dig because it would come out without any real relevance to anything that has happened.

The Guardian I believe.

Scott_LFC wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:If Mourinho comes out tomorrow and says he is glad Mata went to United because he is too good to play for Liverpool would you take that as a dig or as fair comment?

Considering you finished 7th and we finished 2nd, that would be a ludicrous thing to say and is not even slightly comparable to Arsenal vs Barcelona.

OK, so if Enrique says Barca are glad to have rescued Suarez from Liverpool because he is too good for you, dig or fair comment?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:17 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:It would be a dig because it would come out without any real relevance to anything that has happened.

The Guardian I believe.

Scott_LFC wrote:

OK, so if Enrique says Barca are glad to have rescued Suarez from Liverpool because he is too good for you, dig or fair comment?

A fair comment, like I said earlier, it goes without saying that he's too good for us too. Lol at you saying "rescued", though. You just can't make a comparison that's equal to what Gerrard has said, can you?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:28 pm

The majority of Liverpool fans would take it as a dig. Most people don't say things like that because they know that everyone would take it as such, it's only bitter arseholes and people who like to be hated who do.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:22 pm

He was probably questioned about it though, and he just answered honestly. It's no big deal. This faux outrage is classic RR.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:06 am

I'm not outraged, I just think it's funny how Wenger slapped him down. I don't know why you're pretending it wasn't a dig.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:36 am

Slapped him down rofl Alright, RR.
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:01 am

https://vine.co/v/M9zmBU1z3Aj

Sanogo's tribute to Gerrard after his fourth goal against Benfica.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:07 am

You only come on here to post Liverpool related stuff. Lol at you.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Every time I read one of Scott's posts my face is like

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 11 VSraXrG
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Beat Milan 2-0 last night with a poverty team. Now we face Man United in the final on Monday.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:32 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:http://gfycat.com/AncientGrimyIvorygull

Can shoving Micah Richards to the ground after he was bulling Coutinho(?) off the ball. Beast.

He did it again, bounced Balotelli off his shoulder and left him sprawling for his balance rofl

https://vine.co/v/M97ILdOFtm3

Can not worthy
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 11 VSraXrG
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:38 am

My team:

Mignolet
    Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno
    Can
    Henderson-Coutinho
    Markovic-Sturridge-Sterling

Swap Coutinho for Allen against stronger opposition

Bench: Jones, Flanagan, Sakho, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Borini
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:40 am

How I think Rodgers will line up at the start of the season: 

Mignolet
    Johnson-Lovren-Sakho-Moreno
    Gerrard
    Henderson-Allen
    Sterling-Sturridge-Coutinho

Predictions: Manquillo forces Johnson out of the team. 
    Skrtel forces Sakho out of the team. 
    Can forces Gerrard out of the team.
    Markovic forces his way into the team.
    ---
    Anyone know why we signed Lambert, aside from sentimental reasons? He's been atrocious in pre season, and everytime he's on the pitch we seem to turn into Hodgson's hoofball. 

Gerrard's also been absolutely awful in pre season. He'll start 90% of games but does not deserve to if he carries this form on. 

Allen has been impressive, Coates has transformed into a different fucking person. 

I really want to see lots of Ibe and Suso this season but we have so many attackers, I expect one of them to go out on loan and I can't choose who I'd prefer Sad The same goes with Coates and Ilori. Ilori was absolutely brilliant for Granada last season (had Messi in his pocket one game), but Coates has been amazing in pre season. 
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:53 am

Lambert has been shit. You'll probably sign Bony.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:37 am

Can't believe NBC isn't covering the biggest match in club football.  Will miss it, seething.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:41 am

@Samiz: surely we'd drop Markovic before Coutinho? Coutinho was superb against strong opposition last season, although whether he'll be the one most closely marked with Suarez gone remains to be seen.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:03 am

1am kick off time for the Liverpool vs United game. Jesus. I've got to be up at 7am, yet I know I'm going to be watching this. RIP me tomorrow morning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:37 am