Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
Sean
El_indian
Stranger
samiz
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Theo Filippo
Mal
Eternal Witcher
dena
vel
Scuba Steve
Vela
Eriksen
Dagbon
Novi
Mason
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Scouser_Dave
Grenade
28 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Dagbon
    Dagbon

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Dagbon Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:27 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Dagbon wrote:While you're here jerking off to Balotelli, have you even thought of the implications it would bring to the team? We press high up the pitch to win the ball and score from quick counters. Do you think Balotelli has the workrate to battle for the ball? To you think he'll sprint to get in a good position? Every game I've seen from Balotelli he's always lazy and caught offside many times. Not gonna fly in a team like Liverpool that wins from matches from industry rather than individual magic (bar coutinho). Coupled with his average goalscoring record, I'm not expecting big things. I don't expect he'll score more than ten this season. 

I'm not against signing Balotelli because at the very least he'll bring some laughs into this team which always lets you down.

You don't think Rodgers will have thought about all this? I have faith in the man, considering what he's done with us over the last 2 years. If Rodgers has gone ahead and decided to sign him, then he believes Balotelli will fit our system.

Just you wait. He's going to be brilliant. His agent has come out and said it's last chance saloon for him at a big club. Make or break. Balotelli is going to grab it with 2 hands, IMO.
    Fuck off with this faith in Rodgers shit.

He's won 0 trophies, he had the league at his mercy and bottled it with shit tactics against Chelsea and Palace. Sure lets push everyone forward in a game where we only need a draw against a weakened side. Next game he tried to make up a ridiculous GD the put control of the title which first off is insulting to Palace, and second, cost two points which took all pressure of City to perform in the last matchday due to only needing a point.

Rodgers is a novice manager. When I start to see some trophies I'll change my mind.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:31 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:
    And will it be a problem for us without Alexis? scratch 

Balotelli will smack in at least 15 league goals, hopefully the majority in front of the adoring Kop.  Smile

Liverpool got 12 penalties last year, that's at least 12 for him guaranteed mf.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:42 am

Dagbon wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

You don't think Rodgers will have thought about all this? I have faith in the man, considering what he's done with us over the last 2 years. If Rodgers has gone ahead and decided to sign him, then he believes Balotelli will fit our system.

Just you wait. He's going to be brilliant. His agent has come out and said it's last chance saloon for him at a big club. Make or break. Balotelli is going to grab it with 2 hands, IMO.

He's won 0 trophies, he had the league at his mercy and bottled it with shit tactics against Chelsea and Palace. Sure lets push everyone forward in a game where we only need a draw against a weakened side. Next game he tried to make up a ridiculous GD the put control of the title which first off is insulting to Palace, and second, cost two points which took all pressure of City to perform in the last matchday due to only needing a point.

Rodgers is a novice manager. When I start to see some trophies I'll change my mind.
    rofl Nailed it.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 am

Dagbon wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 22 The-Rock-Clapping-Reaction-Gif
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:10 am

Dagbon wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

I remember you being similarly negative about our top 4 prospects, about halfway through last season. How did that turn out?

The fact is, Rodgers has transformed us in just 2 years. Do you think that's easy? No, it's a crazy achievement. We were a solid 6th-8th team for like, 3 years straight, ffs. Look back at what we were like during Rafa's final season, Hodgson's stint and Dalglish's clusterfuck. Look back at signing the likes of Konchesky, Poulsen, Carroll, Downing, etc.

And then look at us now. He got us back into the Champions League. Something we've not been in for 3-4 years!

If you can't appreciate what a tremendous difference Rodgers has made in just 2 years, then you're just fucking thick.

The best part?

It's still only the beginning.

It's easy to see what he's trying to build here, and we are starting to see it come together. We have been seeing it for the last year and a half and we're only going to get better with the additions we've made this Summer. Particularly in defence.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:39 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Novi wrote:

u fookin wot m8 lol

scoring goals this season won't be a problem for us, our real problem is getting a defensive mid in.

Balotelli will smack in at least 15 league goals, hopefully the majority in front of the adoring Kop.  Smile

Brb world class
    Brb replacing Suarez in most attacking team in league
    Brb only expected to score 15 league goals
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:48 am

Grenade wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:

Brb world class

Do you not know what "at least" means?

Even so, our goal difference was ridiculous last season. It was +51

Arsenal's? +27.

That means we could have scored 23 goals less, and still have had a better goal difference than you, so Mario scoring 15 is more than enough.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:59 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Grenade wrote:

Brb world class

Do you not know what "at least" means?

Even so, our goal difference was ridiculous last season. It was +51

Arsenal's? +27.

That means we could have scored 23 goals less, and still have had a better goal difference than you, so Mario scoring 15 is more than enough.
    I don't understand why you're telling me about Arsenal's GD? You said Balotelli is world class but expect him to score only 15+ league goals which is pretty poor considering how many chances he will have and he will probably be your main pen taker.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:01 am

If he's our main penalty taker, I expect him to score more than 20.

Sturridge will be our main man, up top, though, I think. With Balotelli used more as a second striker.

I'd be happy if both got 20 goals apiece in the League.

Last edited by Scott_LFC on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:06 am

Dagbon wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 22 1390889-nail_on_the_head
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:26 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Dagbon wrote:

The best part?

It's easy to see what he's trying to build here, and we are starting to see it come together. We have been seeing it for the last year and a half and we're only going to get better with the additions we've made this Summer. 
    I'm gonna burst  rofl  rofl
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:29 am

Just like you did when I said we'd finish above you last season and that Giroud wouldn't get more than 20 in the League?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:47 am

He got 20 overall so I don't care and  that was a laughable prediction, just happened to turn out right  that time.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:52 am

Dagbon wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

So Rodgers bottles it if he doesn't get the team to defend and is insulting for getting them to attack? Make your fucking mind up Laughing 

The Chelsea game was going well until Gerrard slipped. It's solely down to him we didn't win the league not Rodgers.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:57 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Dagbon wrote:

So Rodgers bottles it if he doesn't get the team to defend and is insulting for getting them to attack? Make your fucking mind up Laughing 

The Chelsea game was going well until Gerrard slipped. It's solely down to him we didn't win the league not Rodgers.
    Agreed.  Certainly neither the first nor the last time that devious little serpent has cost us.

Also, the "Rodgers has his man, I trust him" argument is the stuff we came up with to defend ourselves when King Kenneth signed the likes of Downing and Carroll.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:59 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Dagbon wrote:

Those are the same thing, you total melon.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:02 am

Dave is right. We dominated that match for the entire game. Gerrard's slip is what fucked it up. In fact, he was terrible all game. Stevie Me. If anyone's to blame, it's him.

And their 2nd goal came right after that shocking Aspas corner.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:29 am

I made all the summer transfers on FIFA. It's insane how we're suddenly beastly as fuck up front with Balotelli. Been playing a few games online with a friend and it's a joy. I'm sure the novelty will wear off, though rofl

Moreno, Manquillo, Can, Markovic, etc are so shit, though rofl
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:33 am

It would be hilarious if Balo backed out on you.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:38 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Dagbon wrote:

I remember you being similarly negative about our top 4 prospects, about halfway through last season. How did that turn out?

The fact is, Rodgers has transformed us in just 2 years. Do you think that's easy? No, it's a crazy achievement. We were a solid 6th-8th team for like, 3 years straight, ffs. Look back at what we were like during Rafa's final season, Hodgson's stint and Dalglish's clusterfuck. Look back at signing the likes of Konchesky, Poulsen, Carroll, Downing, etc.

And then look at us now. He got us back into the Champions League. Something we've not been in for 3-4 years!

If you can't appreciate what a tremendous difference Rodgers has made in just 2 years, then you're just fucking thick.

The best part?

It's easy to see what he's trying to build here, and we are starting to see it come together. We have been seeing it for the last year and a half and we're only going to get better with the additions we've made this Summer. Particularly in defence.
    I appreciate what he's done but he's not really done anything to earn the unrequited faith of the fans. Fact is he got a champions league in a season where every other top team was trying its hardest to not win the title until City cleaned up their act in the final stretch of games. 

I don't want him sacked or anything, he hasn't done anything to warrant it as the club tries to wade out of the pool of mediocrity it has become. But this faith think is total bullshit, you and everyone else will turn on him when the results start going south. 
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Dagbon wrote:

It was his tactics that put Gerrard in that position. Why you would ever play a player who has a penchant for gifting crucial goals to the opposition the deepest is beyond me. But Gerrard can shoulder a lot of the blame as well for his performance after the goal.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:39 am

SBSP wrote:It would be hilarious if Balo backed out on you.
    I wouldn't be too disappointed. I like him for the #banter, but I don't think he's going to fit the system well anyway.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:47 am

Why would he? It's pretty much done. He's been photographed in Liverpool training gear.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:51 am

Dagbon wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

It was his tactics that put Gerrard in that position. Why you would ever play a player who has a penchant for gifting crucial goals to the opposition the deepest is beyond me. But Gerrard can shoulder a lot of the blame as well for his performance after the goal.
    I agree with your overarching argument about Rodgers, but I don't think you can blame him for Gerrard's mistake.  We had won 11 matches in a row, were undefeated with that system against teams of all different qualities and approaches-why should he have suddenly changed it against Chelsea?  If Gerrard hadn't slipped, we probably would have been set for a point in that match & fine in the long run.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:57 am

That's bullshit, a good manager should adapt his tactics to what the situation calls for. Those 11 previous games were must wins, the 12th needed just a draw. Set up the team accordingly. Especially against a team like Chelsea which did exceptionally against all the top teams last season, and only lost the title due to dropping too many points against minnows.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:01 am

So he's not a good manager?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:13 am

Scott_LFC wrote:

Why would he? It's pretty much done. He's been photographed in Liverpool training gear.

Post pics.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:29 am

Dagbon wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

The best part?

I appreciate what he's done but he's not really done anything to earn the unrequited faith of the fans. Fact is he got a champions league in a season where every other top team was trying its hardest to not win the title until City cleaned up their act in the final stretch of games. 

I don't want him sacked or anything, he hasn't done anything to warrant it as the club tries to wade out of the pool of mediocrity it has become. But this faith think is total bullshit, you and everyone else will turn on him when the results start going south. 
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Because it worked in previous games. I don't think Rodgers expected Gerrard to slip up and cost us the game. 

Dagbon wrote:That's bullshit, a good manager should adapt his tactics to what the situation calls for. Those 11 previous games were must wins, the 12th needed just a draw. Set up the team accordingly. Especially against a team like Chelsea which did exceptionally against all the top teams last season, and only lost the title due to dropping too many points against minnows.

Like we could have gone 90 minutes without conceding. Rodgers would have got destroyed in the media if he sat back and lost that game.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:37 am

Dagbon wrote:That's bullshit, a good manager should adapt his tactics to what the situation calls for. Those 11 previous games were must wins, the 12th needed just a draw. Set up the team accordingly. Especially against a team like Chelsea which did exceptionally against all the top teams last season, and only lost the title due to dropping too many points against minnows.
    What exactly should we have done differently?  Chelsea set out defensively with a ridiculously weakened team, we set out to dominate, we dominated-possession, field position, shots on target, shots off target-and Gerrard let us down because he is a cockroach. Even if we had decided to park the bus against a team parking the bus (have never seen that happen, one team normally invites pressure one way or the other) and gotten a draw, then we would have only added pressure to the matches coming up.  Imo opinion, Crystal Palace away would have been a difficult fixture to face in a must-win match with a young team and we only really gained a comfortable lead (rofl) because we weren't really under any pressure.  You're just enjoying the benefits of hindsight.

Rodgers has done a good job, but I do agree that everything out of his control played out well last season-City with a new manager, Chelsea with a new manager, Manchester United losing Alexander, Spurs losing Bale, Arsenal's big signing not hitting the ground running, our luck with injuries & lack of fixture congestion.  I also made my feelings about absolute faith in him clear in a post above.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:17 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Post pics.

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 22 Bvu_UShIYAA2FwD
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:19 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 2:16 am