Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
Sean
El_indian
Stranger
samiz
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Theo Filippo
Mal
Eternal Witcher
dena
vel
Scuba Steve
Vela
Eriksen
Dagbon
Novi
Mason
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Scouser_Dave
Grenade
28 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Uh...why would he be eager to sell a player on large wages with a heart condition bad enough that it makes him fail his medical?   I don't know, let's have a think about that.  When they do sell him, as they'll probably be forced to thanks to his salary, they want to get a fee in accordance with his ability, not a fee in accordance with him being the next Fabrice Muamba, that's why Redknapp is talking him up.

Liverpool haven't officially said anything, but where the hell do you think the newspapers are getting their information from?  Remy's people sure as shit aren't telling everyone he failed his medical, the Doctors involved have sworn oaths to protect confidentiality and would risk being struck off for leaking them, the only other people who would know are Liverpool.

The heart condition is speculation. It didn't effect him when signing for QPR or Newcastle so why now? The medical team at Marseille even said at the time that the problem isn't something that will effect his football career.

Maybe they didn't spot it, maybe it's got worse over time. Medicine isn't an exact science.

Plus why would QPR care about his salary when the owner is filthy rich.

People who are happy to waste money generally don't end up being filthy rich.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:37 pm

Scouser_Dave wrote:

The heart condition is speculation. It didn't effect him when signing for QPR or Newcastle so why now? The medical team at Marseille even said at the time that the problem isn't something that will effect his football career.

Maybe they didn't spot it, maybe it's got worse over time.  Medicine isn't an exact science.

Plus why would QPR care about his salary when the owner is filthy rich.

I don't believe the french club doctor would have stuck his neck out on the line and cleared him for the rest of his career. It's more than his jobs worth. You haven't examined him to know otherwise. So it's again speculation.

He might not be filthy rich but his players salary's certainly don't seem to bother him. Hence why the wage bill is so big in the first place.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 pm

Scouser_Dave wrote:

Maybe they didn't spot it, maybe it's got worse over time.  Medicine isn't an exact science.

I don't believe the french club doctor would have stuck his neck out on the line and cleared him for the rest of his career. It's more than his jobs worth. You haven't examined him to know otherwise. So it's again speculation.

He might not be filthy rich but his players salary's certainly don't seem to bother him. Hence why the wage bill is so big in the first place.

I know that Liverpool's doctors have examined him more recently than the French club's doctor and found he's not worth the risk to them. I'll take that over what some French doctor said years ago.

On salaries, they are investors at the end of the day. Redknapp still has to work within a budget, and he's signed players like Ferdinand on the expectation that Remy would be getting off that budget. If he wants to make any more signings he's probably going to have to get rid of Remy, and he might well be forced into sales to keep him despite whatever medical problem meant Liverpool didn't think he was worth it.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:15 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:

I know that Liverpool's doctors have examined him more recently than the French club's doctor and found he's not worth the risk to them.  I'll take that over what some French doctor said years ago.

On salaries, they are investors at the end of the day.  Redknapp still has to work within a budget, and he's signed players like Ferdinand on the expectation that Remy would be getting off that budget.  If he wants to make any more signings he's probably going to have to get rid of Remy, and he might well be forced into sales to keep him despite whatever medical problem meant Liverpool didn't think he was worth it.

At least the french doctor stated the problem and cleared the concern. Our club doctors haven't said a word. If it was as serious as a heart problem then there will certainly be no way he'd be cleared to play Football again. No Club would take the risk especially if the concern were already raised. 

I don't believe they want Remy off the budget. The player just doesn't want to play for QPR again it seems.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:45 am

If Redknapp wants to keep him why is he playing down his problems?
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:19 am

Moved on to Origi. If he's anything close to the player that was at the World Cup, much better pickup than Remy.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 am

Signing unproven players after a good World Cup is a risky business.  Since he's on loan for a year, I don't see this as related to the Remy move-we are still one striker short, imo opinion.  I certainly hope we don't go into the season with just Borini and Beetroot as backups.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:26 am

Yeah I missed the loaning back to Lille bit. Some insurance built in there, but I think he'll be fine when he does join up with Liverpool next year. 

But yes, you still need another striker for this season/
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:56 am

Well we are only going to play with 1 striker up front this season?

Aren't we gunna play something like this

----------------DStudge---------------
    Raheem---------------------------Lazar
    --------Hendo--------Coutinho---------
    ---------------Slipper------------------
    no idea-----Lovren-Sakho--------no idea
    ---------------no idea------------------

Then bench would be

back up keeper, Skrtel, no idea, Allen, Can, Lallana, Lambert/Borini

Or am I completely wrong?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Even if we only play with one striker,  Lambert is aging and not the quickest, while Borini simply isn't good enough. One six week layoff for Sturridge, something that will happen to a player as nimble as him with so many matches, could wreck our season.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Glen Miller wrote:Even if we only play with one striker,  Lambert is aging and not the quickest, while Borini simply isn't good enough. One six week layoff for Sturridge, something that will happen to a player as nimble as him with so many matches, could wreck our season.

This is a lie, Borini is more than capable.

With the creativity in the team this season he can easily reach double figures

He scored 10 goals in a shit Sunderland side, with the right support he can reach 10 goals for Liverpool.

In pre-season last year at the MCG he was phenomenal. Fabio Borini gunna be the breakout player of the season if we keep him and let him play
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:53 pm

Brendan Rodgers does not want to talk about Luis Suarez. We know this because Brendan Rodgers has said: "I see it in the players that scored 70-odd goals last season. It's very simple. Luis Suarez isn't a Liverpool player so I don't need to talk about or reference Luis Suarez.

"I'll just worry about the players I have, who showed in enough games last season and the season before, when we didn't have Luis, that we can score goals. That won't be an issue."

Nothing to see here, says Brendan.

Which sounds rather different to the tune he was smugly singing in December 2013 when asked about Tottenham's poor start to the season: "Obviously there have been difficulties from Bale leaving.

"It shows you that when you have someone with that X-factor, sometimes eight, nine or 10 players can't replace that. That was why we fought like tigers to keep Luis Suarez here because he is a top player. He is a performer.

"There are many good players but very few who perform week in, week out to that level."

So, to recap: When you have Luis Suarez, he's irreplaceable. When you don't, la-la-la-la-la-la, Luis who?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:42 pm

Borini's move is on, apparently.

But I thought his staying was a key part of the Remy conspiracy? scratch
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:03 am

Bet City pummel us tonight.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:45 am

If we let Borini leave it will be a big mistake
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:51 am

Ryan Bertrand has gone to your B team.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:57 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Brendan Rodgers does not want to talk about Luis Suarez. We know this because Brendan Rodgers has said: "I see it in the players that scored 70-odd goals last season. It's very simple. Luis Suarez isn't a Liverpool player so I don't need to talk about or reference Luis Suarez.

"I'll just worry about the players I have, who showed in enough games last season and the season before, when we didn't have Luis, that we can score goals. That won't be an issue."

Which sounds rather different to the tune he was smugly singing in December 2013 when asked about Tottenham's poor start to the season: "Obviously there have been difficulties from Bale leaving.

"It shows you that when you have someone with that X-factor, sometimes eight, nine or 10 players can't replace that. That was why we fought like tigers to keep Luis Suarez here because he is a top player. He is a performer.

"There are many good players but very few who perform week in, week out to that level."

So, to recap: When you have Luis Suarez, he's irreplaceable. When you don't, la-la-la-la-la-la, Luis who?
    Typical Rodgers. He makes some very cringe inducing remarks during preseason.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:08 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Brendan Rodgers does not want to talk about Luis Suarez. We know this because Brendan Rodgers has said: "I see it in the players that scored 70-odd goals last season. It's very simple. Luis Suarez isn't a Liverpool player so I don't need to talk about or reference Luis Suarez.

What is trying to psyche out your opposition for top 4? What is trying to downplay your issues? Of course you get to act like the moral victor here because brenny is being a hypocrite (lolno). He's doing what any competent manager should do, talk down the opposition, talk yourself up.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:30 am

The man is a complete cunt, just look at your signature FFS.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:41 am

Ok, that's your opinion. Come back when you have something to say that can be debated.

Just to clarify I don't think Rodgers is a great manager or anything. His tactics at Chelsea and Palace at the tail end of the season attest to that. But he took an average and small squad to challenge for the title until the last matchday, so he's not hopeless.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:24 pm

Beat City 3-1 on pens, after drawing 2-2.

Can looks like a brilliant signing. Easily our best CM already. German efficiency.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:The man is a complete cunt, just look at your signature FFS.
    And this sets him apart from other managers how?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:04 pm

I missed the game, but having seen the highlights and penalties, I am encouraged by Henderson's finishing.  He is already a valuable player in a way, but he should be reaching close to double figures given the positions he gets into.

No surprise to see that we won the shootout with Glen as captain.  Who couldn't feel confident with such a wise and respected figure leading?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:03 pm

http://gfycat.com/AncientGrimyIvorygull

Can shoving Micah Richards to the ground after he was bulling Coutinho(?) off the ball. Beast.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:17 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-closing-double-swoop-7546066

Echo reporting we're close to signing Moreno and Manquillo.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:22 am

Devastating news, I hope Glen goes somewhere where he is appreciated.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:32 am

Shut up, Johnson is atrocious. Makes me feel like punching the TV screen whenever I see him fail to beat a man or misplace a simple pass.

I am warming to our summer business so far. Especially if Moreno signs.

Can
    Lovren
    Lallana
    Markovic
    Moreno
    Manquillo

Can looks better than I thought he would be, really excited about him. Markovic looks great too. Lallana and Lovren are premiership proven and will do a solid job for us. Moreno would be great, by the looks of him. Not seen anything of Manquillo, though.

Yes, I am pretending Lambert never happened. He's shit.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:37 am

I wasn't completely against the Lambert signing at first, I thought that for 4m or so he would be a decent backup.  Then I remembered that being a backup doesn't just mean coming on for 30 minutes when we're up by a few goals.  He'll be fine in the cups I suppose, but when you consider the pace of the rest of our players, (not just on the forward line) he and SGYNWA stick out like the cumbersome sloths they are. 

Glen Johnson will be sorely missed, you cannot replace such quality on the pitch and leadership in the dressing room overnight. not worthy
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:46 pm

My line up and bench, assuming we sign Moreno and Manquillo (also assuming Manquillo > Johnson, which shouldn't be hard).

Markovic - Sturridge - Sterling
    Coutinho - Henderson
    Can
    Moreno - Sakho - Lovren - Manquillo
    Mignolet

Bench: Jones, Agger/Skrtel, Enrique, Johnson, Gerrard/Allen/Lucas, Lallana, Lambert

I think that's pretty strong, and hopefully a lot more defensively secure than last season. Can and Henderson in the middle will ensure that we don't get bullied. Coutinho will have fun playing the ball into the 3 speedsters in front of him. Lallana is a strong bench option who could also be rotated with Sterling, Markovic and Coutinho, Gerrard/Allen/Lucas is also a decent bench option and having Enrique and Johnson as bench options too, is a stark contrast to our bench last season. Much better depth in quality overall.

Should we complete the signings of Moreno and Manquillo, I would say we only need a striker. Borini is surely on his way out, and the less said about Lambert, the better. If we don't sign another striker and start the season with only Sturridge and Lambert, then RIP in peace.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:My line up and bench, assuming we sign Moreno and Manquillo (also assuming Manquillo > Johnson, which shouldn't be hard).

Markovic - Sturridge - Sterling
    Coutinho - Henderson
    Can
    Moreno - Sakho - Lovren - Manquillo
    Mignolet

Bench: Jones, Agger/Skrtel, Enrique, Johnson, Gerrard/Allen/Lucas, Lallana, Lambert

I think that's pretty strong, and hopefully a lot more defensively secure than last season. Can and Henderson in the middle will ensure that we don't get bullied. Coutinho will have fun playing the ball into the 3 speedsters in front of him. Lallana is a strong bench option who could also be rotated with Sterling, Markovic and Coutinho, Gerrard/Allen/Lucas is also a decent bench option and having Enrique and Johnson as bench options too, is a stark contrast to our bench last season. Much better depth in quality overall.

Should we complete the signings of Moreno and Manquillo, I would say we only need a striker. Borini is surely on his way out, and the less said about Lambert, the better. If we don't sign another striker and start the season with only Sturridge and Lambert, then RIP in peace.
    Surely you wouldn't play a totally new back 4. When's the last time a club has done that.

Manquillo would just be cover. When Lallana is fit he'll start over Markovic. Gerrard will be starting more often than not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:59 pm