Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
Sean
El_indian
Stranger
samiz
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Theo Filippo
Mal
Eternal Witcher
dena
vel
Scuba Steve
Vela
Eriksen
Dagbon
Novi
Mason
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Scouser_Dave
Grenade
28 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Zzonked Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:48 am

Teams sat back against City after they were scoring prolifically 3 years ago. It got majorly tedious in many of the home games. It'll happen to you more. It usually doesn't work but it makes some nice boring football for you to watch.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:40 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 9 156842eb64b078fd49438ff511fc97ad
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Such a shit pre-season, so far. Especially in comparison to last season's straight wins all the way through, until losing the last game, narrowly. This time we've already lost 2 in 3 games.

I know it doesn't really matter, in the grand scheme of things, but winning games surely breeds confidence going into the first game of the season.

Annoyed we still haven't seen Lallana or Markovic play, nor the likes of Sturridge, Sterling, Gerrard, etc. I mean, Henderson came on, so why can't they? Rooney played for United last night, and so did Mata and their new signing, Herrera, yet we're waiting fucking ages. Can't believe I stayed up last night for that shit. Pathetic. Feel sorry for the people who traveled.

Can looks good, though. He and Coutinho were our best players.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:33 am

Lovren for £20 million?  Laughing 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:57 am

Lallana out for 6 weeks and set to miss first 3 PL games rofl
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:13 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Lovren for £20 million?  Laughing 
    Expensive, but he is probably the best central defender we could have signed.

We have allegedly got plenty left to spend, I wouldn't be surprised if we are still looking for a RB (unfortunately), LB, and a goalkeeper as our final signings.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:47 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Lovren for £20 million?  Laughing 

We have allegedly got plenty left to spend, I wouldn't be surprised if we are still looking for a RB (unfortunately), LB, and a goalkeeper as our final signings.

We look like spending £16million on Chambers so I guess in hindsight I shouldn't have laughed  shifty 
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:29 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:

We look like spending £16million on Chambers so I guess in hindsight I shouldn't have laughed  shifty 
    It seems as if there is an 80-100% price increase on signings between domestic teams, imo opinion. 

Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, Davies-they all went for about double their worth (using a year/2 years as the baseline).
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:18 am

oooh remy failed his medical
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:30 am

It's apparently his fourth failed medical.

I wonder if we will move forward Origi's arrival by one year or go after Lacazette.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:02 am

Probably pulled out due to Borini wanting to stay. I don't buy all that failed medical bollocks. The club love bullshiting the fans to keep us on side.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:40 am

No chance. Saying he's failed a medical if he hasn't is extremely libellous.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:04 am

He's also failed a few before, apparently. Why would he be bothered by an inferior player's decision to stay?
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:50 am

Glen Miller wrote:He's also failed a few before, apparently. Why would he be bothered by an inferior player's decision to stay?

He wouldn't be. I was referring to the club (Liverpool FC).

People speculating that the failed medical could be to do with a previous heart problem Remy's had/has. 

On a more brighter note though:

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 9 2962__6755__lovren1000o_517X310
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:53 am

Remy's team denying he failed a medical.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/liverpool/transfer-talk/news/remys-team-deny-medical-failure_167538.html
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:59 am

Sportsmole? What is that?

Of course they'll deny it, he'll be stuck with QPR if no team takes a massive gamble.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 am

Glen Miller wrote:Sportsmole? What is that?

Of course they'll deny it, he'll be stuck with QPR if no team takes a massive gamble.

Why would he be a massive gamble? His goal tally is something like a goal every two games. For £8m that's hardly a "massive gamble".
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:38 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:Sportsmole? What is that?

Why would he be a massive gamble? His goal tally is something like a goal every two games. For £8m that's hardly a "massive gamble".
    Because he has baggage off the field, he had an issue with his medical at Marseille, and apparently the heart defect detected at that time still affects him today.  8m is extremely cheap, I agree, but maybe we have found out why we were the only club going for such an effective goalscorer at such a small price, and why we eventually opted out.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:43 am

I swear to god every decision Johnson has made this match has been the wrong one.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:01 am

Johnson is so shit, it's unreal.

Markovic looks great so far. Can tell he's going to be good for us, pretty much straight away.

Can and Henderson in the middle cannot be bullied.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Hopefully Borini stays now
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Glen Miller wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Because he has baggage off the field, he had an issue with his medical at Marseille, and apparently the heart defect detected at that time still affects him today.  8m is extremely cheap, I agree, but maybe we have found out why we were the only club going for such an effective goalscorer at such a small price, and why we eventually opted out.

Well Harry Redknapp doesn't seem to think he has a problem

“I don’t really see how he could have failed a medical,” Redknapp said.

“He had a stringent medical here - one at Marseilles, at Newcastle and with the French team at the World Cup.

“He’s never had a problem with his fitness - you couldn’t meet a fitter lad.

“I’ve seen the story break but I don’t know how there can be an issue with his fitness - he’s got no problems whatsoever.

“There must have been a breakdown or they’ve changed their mind or they’ve decided to move in another direction.

“It’s not fair on him because it’s my opinion and the opinion of everybody else - he’s never had a problem before.”

“From our point of view we’ve got a fantastic striker – one of the best strikers in the Premier League in my opinion,” added Redknapp.

“Liverpool’s loss is our gain. When he went to Newcastle last year I said he was capable of 20 goals in the Premier League so that’s what we need him to do.

“I’m disappointed for the boy that his move didn’t happen but from a selfish point of view, I’ve got a great striker back here now.

“If he’s here, we’ll be delighted to have him - he’s a good lad, a good player and a good professional.”

Also read a stat that he's only missed 11 weeks through injury during his career. Doesn't really strike me as a player who has baggage or a dodgy heart. If his heart condition was that bad he wouldn't be medically cleared to play football either.

Just seems nonsense the excuses that people like you are making to cover up the fact that the club are 100% bullshitting us over this transfer.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:55 pm

It's a heart problem, if anything did happen it would be catastrophic.   

However, since the unbiased Harry Redknapp has no vested interest in this matter and has cleared it all up, I guess we should just accept our club has slandered Remy to assuage the fans.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:11 pm

You're some fucking idiot, Dave. Of course Redknapp, who is trying to sell the cunt is going to say his fine, his agents are going to say he's fine, they're going to promote statistics that suggest he's fine, it doesn't mean he fucking is though. Redknapp must be praying that the rest of football is as stupid and naive as you.

If Remy hadn't really failed his medical then his lawyers would have immediately got injunctions on all the newspapers preventing them from printing it for libel reasons. Liverpool would never say that about a player if it wasn't true, they'd make up some other excuse like irrevocable differences on image rights or something.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Agreed.  In addition, why would we go to such lengths to protect Borini of all people?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:44 pm

Glen Miller wrote:Agreed.  In addition, why would we go to such lengths to protect Borini of all people?
    For Chip, obviously.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Glen Miller wrote:It's a heart problem, if anything did happen it would be catastrophic.   

However, since the unbiased Harry Redknapp has no vested interest in this matter and has cleared it all up, I guess we should just accept our club has slandered Remy to assuage the fans.

Any club medical team wouldn't allow him to step foot on a football pitch if the heart condition was that bad. Use some common sense ffs. 

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You're some fucking idiot, Dave.  Of course Redknapp, who is trying to sell the cunt is going to say his fine, his agents are going to say he's fine, they're going to promote statistics that suggest he's fine, it doesn't mean he fucking is though.  Redknapp must be praying that the rest of football is as stupid and naive as you.

If Remy hadn't really failed his medical then his lawyers would have immediately got injunctions on all the newspapers preventing them from printing it for libel reasons.  Liverpool would never say that about a player if it wasn't true, they'd make up some other excuse like irrevocable differences on image rights or something.

Well for a start Redknapp is not trying to sell the 'cunt'. Remy has a clause in his contract that allows him to talk to CL clubs. Also why the fuck would he be so eager to sell a striker that has come off the back of a season scoring a fair amount of goals? He won't attract a better striker than Remy. If he stays he has the potential to keep them up.

Liverpool haven't officially said anything. There was a refusal to comment from them when asked. All that libel stuff might be true but for me it's not as clear cut as some seem to think. Even sky sports who are fairly decent when it comes to official stuff seem to think it's still unclear why the move collapsed.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:It's a heart problem, if anything did happen it would be catastrophic.   

Any club medical team wouldn't allow him to step foot on a football pitch if the heart condition was that bad. Use some common sense ffs. 

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You're some fucking idiot, Dave.  Of course Redknapp, who is trying to sell the cunt is going to say his fine, his agents are going to say he's fine, they're going to promote statistics that suggest he's fine, it doesn't mean he fucking is though.  Redknapp must be praying that the rest of football is as stupid and naive as you.

If Remy hadn't really failed his medical then his lawyers would have immediately got injunctions on all the newspapers preventing them from printing it for libel reasons.  Liverpool would never say that about a player if it wasn't true, they'd make up some other excuse like irrevocable differences on image rights or something.

Well for a start Redknapp is not trying to sell the 'cunt'. Remy has a clause in his contract that allows him to talk to CL clubs. Also why the fuck would he be so eager to sell a striker that has come off the back of a season scoring a fair amount of goals? He won't attract a better striker than Remy. If he stays he has the potential to keep them up.

Liverpool haven't officially said anything. There was a refusal to comment from them when asked. All that libel stuff might be true but for me it's not as clear cut as some seem to think. Even sky sports who are fairly decent when it comes to official stuff seem to think it's still unclear why the move collapsed.

Uh...why would he be eager to sell a player on large wages with a heart condition bad enough that it makes him fail his medical? I don't know, let's have a think about that. When they do sell him, as they'll probably be forced to thanks to his salary, they want to get a fee in accordance with his ability, not a fee in accordance with him being the next Fabrice Muamba, that's why Redknapp is talking him up.

Liverpool haven't officially said anything, but where the hell do you think the newspapers are getting their information from? Remy's people sure as shit aren't telling everyone he failed his medical, the Doctors involved have sworn oaths to protect confidentiality and would risk being struck off for leaking them, the only other people who would know are Liverpool.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:22 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Uh...why would he be eager to sell a player on large wages with a heart condition bad enough that it makes him fail his medical?   I don't know, let's have a think about that.  When they do sell him, as they'll probably be forced to thanks to his salary, they want to get a fee in accordance with his ability, not a fee in accordance with him being the next Fabrice Muamba, that's why Redknapp is talking him up.

Liverpool haven't officially said anything, but where the hell do you think the newspapers are getting their information from?  Remy's people sure as shit aren't telling everyone he failed his medical, the Doctors involved have sworn oaths to protect confidentiality and would risk being struck off for leaking them, the only other people who would know are Liverpool.

The heart condition is speculation. It didn't effect him when signing for QPR or Newcastle so why now? The medical team at Marseille even said at the time that the problem isn't something that will effect his football career. Plus why would QPR care about his salary when the owner is filthy rich.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:26 pm

Scouser_Dave wrote:The heart condition is speculation. It didn't effect him when signing for QPR or Newcastle so why now? The medical team at Marseille even said at the time that the problem isn't something that will effect his football career. Plus why would QPR care about his salary when the owner is filthy rich.
     Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 1:17 am