Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Phadunkin Donuts
TheRangersFan
Ben
Jordi
Uncle John from Jamaica
Totti
The Bat-Man
ConorCelticFC
easley91
Grenade
Lux
Harrold
Jorlung
RubyArmyCTFC
Walcott
ShakerMatty
claretandbluewhu
Weather130
22 posters

Celtic linked with League One switch

Anonymous

Celtic linked with League One switch - Page 3 Empty Re: Celtic linked with League One switch

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:02 am

Radford wrote:They can start at the very fucking bottom like every other new team entering the system.

Agree with this.
    Anonymous

Celtic linked with League One switch - Page 3 Empty Re: Celtic linked with League One switch

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:03 am

Look at the grounds in the top 2 divisions aswell, the whole scottish system is shit and shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as the english pyramid.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:03 am

Polska on full troll mode. Still holds a grudge at me exposing his league for being one of the worst in the world. Even below Scotland in the coefficients. If we are a League One side then their Polish nobodies are not even Blue Square level.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:03 am

The Maestro wrote:Polska on full troll mode. Still holds a grudge at me exposing his league for being one of the worst in the world. Even below Scotland in the coefficients. If we are a League One side then their Polish nobodies are not even Blue Square level.

Polska has a small willy. Ignore him.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:04 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:We aren't talking about the SPL anyway. Just Celtic. Celtic is better than league 2 sides unfortunately. League 1 is where they belong and where their standard of football is.

That of course doesn't make it fair for everyone else. Why should English clubs sacrifice their prospects for a Scottish club? How does this benefit anyone but Celtic? If Celtic want to play in the English league system, then either they buy a license from a club willing to sell, they merge with a league side, or they start at the beginning of the ladder or wherever the FA deems to be fair. (I'd say Blue Square North/South is fair)
    Even if they are, they don't have a right to just go above League 2 clubs. One club who worked hard for a season to get promoted could possibly have their place taken by Celtic just joining the league. They should prove they're worthy by playing in League 2. If they are good enough for a season, they'll win the league and get promoted.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:04 am

The Maestro wrote:Polska on full troll mode. Still holds a grudge at me exposing his league for being one of the worst in the world. Even below Scotland in the coefficients. If we are a League One side then their Polish nobodies are not even Blue Square level.
    Bitch please. I am not trolling at all.

Polish sides and league are not the discussed topic at the moment. Why bring it up?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:05 am

Polska > SPL fans [apart from jela and ayvee, they're cool guys]
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:05 am

I have a solution to Celtic's moving problem.

How about they make a new club, call it Inter Ya Nan or whatever, enter it into the lowest tier and all, send players on loan their from their main club, Celtic, keep getting it promoted until it reaches a respectable league, liquidate Celtic and move to the new club.

All this while Celtic are winning the league back to back for 10 odd years in the SPL before they move.

Simples.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:05 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:

Polska has a small willy. Ignore him.
    My genes have given me a willy size to be proud of, thanks for your concern though. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:07 am

easley91 wrote:
    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:We aren't talking about the SPL anyway. Just Celtic. Celtic is better than league 2 sides unfortunately. League 1 is where they belong and where their standard of football is.

That of course doesn't make it fair for everyone else. Why should English clubs sacrifice their prospects for a Scottish club? How does this benefit anyone but Celtic? If Celtic want to play in the English league system, then either they buy a license from a club willing to sell, they merge with a league side, or they start at the beginning of the ladder or wherever the FA deems to be fair. (I'd say Blue Square North/South is fair)
    Even if they are, they don't have a right to just go above League 2 clubs. One club who worked hard for a season to get promoted could possibly have their place taken by Celtic just joining the league. They should prove they're worthy by playing in League 2. If they are good enough for a season, they'll win the league and get promoted.
    That is true, but I was discussing Celtic's standard.

Even then, it is unfair for the Blue Square sides. It is really hard to get promoted from the Blue Square, and for many sides, it may be do or die. It is only fair if Celtic start at Blue Square, no higher.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:08 am

The Bat-Man wrote:I have a solution to Celtic's moving problem.

How about they make a new club, call it Inter Ya Nan or whatever, enter it into the lowest tier and all, send players on loan their from their main club, Celtic, keep getting it promoted until it reaches a respectable league, liquidate Celtic and move to the new club.

All this while Celtic are winning the league back to back for 10 odd years in the SPL before they move.

Simples.
    That is a reasonable solution, but I guess all of Celtic's history would be erased in the move.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:11 am

I see Radford has no answer to my point and has ignored it.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:23 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:I see Radford has no answer to my point and has ignored it.
    He's not even online. Laughing
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:23 am

We could by the licence of another team. That's the most plausible way of it happening I've heard of.

Rumours that we could buy Portsmouth's licence if they go out.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:26 am

Shouldn't be allowed to buy another team's license. If you want to though, why not buy Port Vale's if they go bust? They're in League 2 and you can start at the bottom.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:29 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Radford wrote:

The fact players who have played at the bottom of league 1 can join the SPL says alot.

What about Vaz Te being released by Hibs and now playing for West Ham? Hooiveld our sixth best centre-back now Southampton's rock in defence? Murphy our 6th best striker now doing alright for Ipswich. John Fleck not even good enough for a ravaged Rangers squad but playing for Blackpool? Darren O'Dea a bombscare for us but a guaranteed starter for Leeds? Paul Slane not even close to making our first team squad has signed on loan for a League 1 team.

1st tier of Scotland to 2nd tier of England

1st tier of Scotland to 3rd tier of England

All have taken a step down footballing tiers from Scotland to England Laughing

Then you have people like Myrie-Williams; Cheltenham Town -> Tranmere -> Carlisle -> Hereford -> Dundee -> St Johnstone -> Stevenage -> Port Vale.

Shows that run of the mill players step out of the lower English divisions and join the SPL and start games, only to come back to England and play in the same leagues as before Laughing
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:30 am

This ain't going to happen Easley, stop getting worked up about it.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:33 am

Radford wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

What about Vaz Te being released by Hibs and now playing for West Ham? Hooiveld our sixth best centre-back now Southampton's rock in defence? Murphy our 6th best striker now doing alright for Ipswich. John Fleck not even good enough for a ravaged Rangers squad but playing for Blackpool? Darren O'Dea a bombscare for us but a guaranteed starter for Leeds? Paul Slane not even close to making our first team squad has signed on loan for a League 1 team.

Then you have people like Myrie-Williams; Cheltenham Town -> Tranmere -> Carlisle -> Hereford -> Dundee -> St Johnstone -> Stevenage -> Port Vale.

Shows that run of the mill players step out of the lower English divisions and join the SPL and start games, only to come back to England and play in the same leagues as before Laughing

Myrie- Williams was signed as a youngster from Bristol City, a Championship side who he played a good few games for. Those other teams were just loans. He failed in the SPL anyway so it's not as if he was a success. Strange point.

And if you want transfers from SPL to EPL there's Conor Sammon who had a shit record at Killie and is now a regular for Wigan. Charlie Adam too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:37 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Radford wrote:

Myrie- Williams was signed as a youngster from Bristol City, a Championship side who he played a good few games for. Those other teams were just loans. He failed in the SPL anyway so it's not as if he was a success. Strange point.

Laughing 3 years worth of loans to lower division clubs and then Bristol City released him, SPL side Dundee signed him and he played 25 games. That season was the most he had played in his career.

Also Craig Samson, been in Scotland all his life but came to Hereford for a season and we got relegated with him making numerous mistakes. He then went back to Scotland and is now in the SPL as a regular.

Face it, the scottish football system is inferior to most other nations.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:41 am

Radford wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

Laughing 3 years worth of loans to lower division clubs and then Bristol City released him, SPL side Dundee signed him and he played 25 games. That season was the most he had played in his career.

Also Craig Samson, been in Scotland all his life but came to Hereford for a season and we got relegated with him making numerous mistakes. He then went back to Scotland and is now in the SPL as a regular.

Face it, the scottish football system is inferior to most other nations.

Two very dubious examples, no better than the Adam and Sammon ones. I don't really care about the SPL anyway, so I'd like you to give me some similar examples regarding Celtic. You know, like the ones I gave you? You can add McManus to that list too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:42 am

You don't care about the SPL? rofl

I've proved how shit scotland leagues are, farewell mad guy
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:43 am

Yeah, nice proof: two players. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:44 am

Radford wrote:You don't care about the SPL? rofl

I've proved how shit scotland leagues are, farewell mad guy

I think Ross County would steam roll Hereford United, whoever they are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:46 am

You are both sweating Celtic linked with League One switch - Page 3 2156770003
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:06 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:This ain't going to happen Easley, stop getting worked up about it.
    Why is there even a report about it then and Lennon making quotes? There has to be some substance to this for it to even be mentioned in an interview.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:08 am

Only Scottish club I like are Roath Ravers. Cool
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:12 am

easley91 wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:This ain't going to happen Easley, stop getting worked up about it.
    Why is there even a report about it then and Lennon making quotes? There has to be some substance to this for it to even be mentioned in an interview.

The questions asked were about the premiership. Lennon says nothing about it. The article is about two different stories.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:40 am

Wouldn't even be the biggest club in the Football League.

Forest and Leeds are both bigger. West Ham too arguably
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 am

easley91 wrote:Shouldn't be allowed to buy another team's license. If you want to though, why not buy Port Vale's if they go bust? They're in League 2 and you can start at the bottom.
    Why not?

Maybe I am just used to it... Many clubs buy other sides licenses in Poland throughout the lower divisions I guess. Meh.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:48 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:Yeah, nice proof: two players. facepalm
    Paul Heffernan? Looked like he played a big role in beating you today, having perviously pissed around at several League One clubs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:44 am