Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Phadunkin Donuts
TheRangersFan
Ben
Jordi
Uncle John from Jamaica
Totti
The Bat-Man
ConorCelticFC
easley91
Grenade
Lux
Harrold
Jorlung
RubyArmyCTFC
Walcott
ShakerMatty
claretandbluewhu
Weather130
22 posters

Celtic linked with League One switch

RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Celtic linked with League One switch - Page 6 Empty Re: Celtic linked with League One switch

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Laurencio wrote:I fail to see the problem. I'm sure a league 2 ckub woukd be willing to give Celtic their place in exchange for ample ompensation. It's not like Celtic can't afford it.

I can't think of any, as once your out of League 2 it will take years to get back into. The club will also lose lots of revenue crowd and tv wise. If Cheltenham did that then I'd stop watching them. Also, what league would the league 2 side join?
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Celtic linked with League One switch - Page 6 Empty Re: Celtic linked with League One switch

Post by Laurencio Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:55 pm

RubyArmyCTFC wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:I fail to see the problem. I'm sure a league 2 ckub woukd be willing to give Celtic their place in exchange for ample ompensation. It's not like Celtic can't afford it.

I can't think of any, as once your out of League 2 it will take years to get back into. The club will also lose lots of revenue crowd and tv wise. If Cheltenham did that then I'd stop watching them. Also, what league would the league 2 side join?

Ample compensation would far exceed any financial gains of league 1 and enable them to have the financial structure to move up next season. That side would remain in league 2 obviously, just one less promotion place for conference sides, and all the conference sides get like 1-2M from celtic to share as compensation for the change that one season.

It is win/win. Celtic get into the system without having to spend 10 years moving up, conference gets a pay-day to improve competiveness and one lucky league 2 side will have the financial stability and prowess to go up next season and a much btter chance of survival.

As long as the pay it shouldn't really be that much of a problem.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:05 am

Why does this keep being brought up? The only way Rangers/Celtic should be allowed in the English system is if the rest of the Scottish ladder joins them and the FA(s) create one british system. No one ever thinks of the teams in Scotland who the big two are helping keep afloat because they generate cash when they play these two teams, or the tradition the SPL has.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:05 am

Laurencio wrote:
    RubyArmyCTFC wrote:

Ample compensation would far exceed any financial gains of league 1 and enable them to have the financial structure to move up next season. That side would remain in league 2 obviously, just one less promotion place for conference sides, and all the conference sides get like 1-2M from celtic to share as compensation for the change that one season.

It is win/win. Celtic get into the system without having to spend 10 years moving up, conference gets a pay-day to improve competiveness and one lucky league 2 side will have the financial stability and prowess to go up next season and a much btter chance of survival.

conference is a very competitive league already, this wont happen
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:09 am

Laurencio wrote:
    RubyArmyCTFC wrote:

It is win/win. Celtic get into the system without having to spend 10 years moving up, conference gets a pay-day to improve competiveness and one lucky league 2 side will have the financial stability and prowess to go up next season and a much btter chance of survival

If league 2 was to be extended to 25 league 2 sides, then why would Celtic end up buying a clubs place?

Last edited by RubyArmyCTFC on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:11 am

dena wrote:Why does this keep being brought up? The only way Rangers/Celtic should be allowed in the English system is if the rest of the Scottish ladder joins them and the FA(s) create one british system. No one ever thinks of the teams in Scotland who the big two are helping keep afloat because they generate cash when they play these two teams, or the tradition the SPL has.

What tradition? since 1998 the league has existed with the sole purpose of giving Celtic and Rangers an edge and ensuring they would be the Real Madrid and Barcelona of scottish football. The entire system is skewed in a way that Celtic and Rangers will always be the ones representng Scotland on the big stage and get most of the money. Tradition died away in 1998.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:12 am

RubyArmyCTFC wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

It is win/win. Celtic get into the system without having to spend 10 years moving up, conference gets a pay-day to improve competiveness and one lucky league 2 side will have the financial stability and prowess to go up next season and a much btter chance of survival

If league 2 was to be extended to 25 league 2 sides, then why would Celtic end up buying a clubs place?

I didn't say anything about extending the league?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:21 am

Laurencio wrote:
    dena wrote:Why does this keep being brought up? The only way Rangers/Celtic should be allowed in the English system is if the rest of the Scottish ladder joins them and the FA(s) create one british system. No one ever thinks of the teams in Scotland who the big two are helping keep afloat because they generate cash when they play these two teams, or the tradition the SPL has.

What tradition? since 1998 the league has existed with the sole purpose of giving Celtic and Rangers an edge and ensuring they would be the Real Madrid and Barcelona of scottish football. The entire system is skewed in a way that Celtic and Rangers will always be the ones representng Scotland on the big stage and get most of the money. Tradition died away in 1998.

Well I meant the Scottish first division, you know this Dry Smile
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:23 am

dena wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Well I meant the Scottish first division, you know this Dry Smile

True, but considering how they basically destroyed the league in 1998 I don't think any SPL club would be sad to see them leave. In fact I think that with them out they might finally get their act together and restructure the league properly. Every single proposal for change and restructure since 1998 have been blocked by the Old Firm after all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:13 am