Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Childish Logic
Trig
Grenade
Theo Filippo
The_Quilo
Sexy Jay Jay
Sean
ShakerMatty
Carlos Jenkinson
ResurrectionRooney
Jorlung
Van Wolfswinkel
FishnChips
SBSP
Vexxed
Phadunkin Donuts
Weather130
Start.
dena
Muhkoo
Mario
ConorCelticFC
Barton
Lux
Zzonked
Laurencio
Kuled
Andy
Ben 10
33 posters

What's happening to English football?

Anonymous

What's happening to English football? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's happening to English football?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:41 am

RR why bring scotland in to this? there is no contest and everyone knows the SPL is one of the worst leagues in europe.
    Anonymous

What's happening to English football? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's happening to English football?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:49 am

Lux wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:

I said nothing about La Liga. Their fans don't always say how competitive their league is. Ask a Premier League fan why they think the Premiership is the greatest league in the world, they can't justify having better teams, because La Liga has much more quality, so they resort to saying it's the most competitive.

La Liga has more quality........

Or Madrid + Barca have more quality......?
    Beside's from the top 2 in each league I think the quality is equal, Valencia and Bilbao are really underrated though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:55 am

Ed wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:

La Liga as a whole has more quality. This week we saw 6th in La Liga completely rag doll 1st in the Premier League
    Bilbao are not a better team than united. They had a good day and United had a bad day. Im sure on their day the likes of newcastle and liverpool and other midtable clubs could beat Bilbao.

Whole post full of assumptions. Going on FACT, Bilbao rag dolled United.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:19 am

Offtopic but Bundesliga overtaking Italy for champions league spots is disgusting
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:20 am

Fonseca wrote:Offtopic but Bundesliga overtaking Italy for champions league spots is disgusting
    Fuck off.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:20 am

Fonseca wrote:Offtopic but Bundesliga overtaking Italy for champions league spots is disgusting

Why? The coefficients aren't subjective.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:22 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Why? The coefficients aren't subjective.

They're flawed, like most systems
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:45 am

Just because some team beat another doesn't instantly make them better than them. Basel is not a better club and Manchester United just because Basel beat them.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 am

Swansea are now better than Man City. Don't worry, it's Maestro's idea.....what can possibly be wrong?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 am

Lux wrote:Swansea are now better than Man City. Don't worry, it's Maestro's idea.....what can possibly be wrong?
    In the last 15 months we have beat the Spanish, Italian and the German Champions.

Arsenal = Best team in the world.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:05 am

Lux wrote:Swansea are now better than Man City. Don't worry, it's Maestro's idea.....what can possibly be wrong?

I never said Bilbao were a better team, I said they rag dolled United.

Both Englands top two never made it out of their Champions League group and struggling in the Europa .. Just one bad game? Gimp.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:09 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:Poland > England

Look at this man kids, don't do drugs.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:11 am

support your local teams and stop worrying about being the best in the world
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:30 am

The Maestro wrote:

Both Englands top two never made it out of their Champions League group and struggling in the Europa .. Just one bad game? Gimp.

Eh? My point was that it's one bad year, not one bad game. there there
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 am

Radford wrote:support your local teams and become mindless simpletons getting drunk because the footballs bad

Agreed
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:36 am

Simpletons? Ok then give me football down here ahead of paying 39 quid at grounds like Norwich any day.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:40 am

Fonseca wrote:
    Radford wrote:support your local teams and become mindless simpletons getting drunk because the footballs bad

Agreed

ill enjoy my trips around the country whilst you enjoy your armchair, simpleton
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:41 am

Radford wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Agreed

lo lo lo
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:42 am

Radford wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Agreed

I wouldn't wish that on anyone Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:42 am

and by english football surely you must be referring to all 4 divisions, the championship is easily the best quality 2nd tier division, same with league 1 and league 2.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:44 am

Lux wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:

Eh? My point was that it's one bad year, not one bad game. there there

No it wasn't. Look at your post

Firsly that's you trying to make it out as if i said Bilbao were better than United because they won. that's not the case. What has City and Swansea got to do with one bad year? You're point was that United had one bad game .. and I said both englands top two never made it out of their champions league groups and are struggling in the europa .. it's hardly one bad game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:45 am

Ed wrote:and by english football surely you must be referring to all 4 divisions, the championship is easily the best quality 2nd tier division, same with league 1 and league 2.

What other 2nd divisions do you watch around the world? Do enlighten us
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:45 am

Ed wrote:and by english football surely you must be referring to all 4 divisions, the championship is easily the best quality 2nd tier division, same with league 1 and league 2.

english football is absolutely fine, the conference is the strongest it has ever been. Championship, league 1 and league 2 have improved their overall quality too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:47 am

How? You can't expect to claim something like that without backing it up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:49 am

Bullshit, The Bundesliga II is better. What's happening to English football? - Page 3 2156770003
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:49 am

it just... is, we had a championship team narrowly miss out on progressing through in the europa league. And that team isnt even in the automatic promotion spots, does that not say anything?
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:59 am

The Maestro wrote:No it wasn't. Look at your post

Yes it was. Look at my first post.

Lux wrote:1 bad year. Doubt it'll be as bad next time round...

The Maestro wrote:

Firsly that's you trying to make it out as if i said Bilbao were better than United because they won. that's not the case. What has City and Swansea got to do with one bad year? You're point was that United had one bad game .. and I said both englands top two never made it out of their champions league groups and are struggling in the europa .. it's hardly one bad game.

You said Bilbao rag dolled Man Utd. You didn't add your elaborations until after I had posted, so obviously I took it how you said it.

End of that........and like I said, I think it's just a bad year. Explained by form, concentration on the league, transitions.....all kinds of things. One option is simply that England are getting worse....or that Europe is becoming more competitive....(I find the latter more likely)....but at the moment I'd say it's too soon to assume either.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:05 am

Ed wrote:it just... is, we had a championship team narrowly miss out on progressing through in the europa league. And that team isnt even in the automatic promotion spots, does that not say anything?
    "It just is" is not a good argument. And the second part is cherry picking. I could use the same competition to make the BPL look bad by mentioning that their third best team couldn't get out of their group, but that would be cherry picking too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:20 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:
    Ed wrote:it just... is, we had a championship team narrowly miss out on progressing through in the europa league. And that team isnt even in the automatic promotion spots, does that not say anything?
    "It just is" is not a good argument. And the second part is cherry picking. I could use the same competition to make the BPL look bad by mentioning that their third best team couldn't get out of their group, but that would be cherry picking too.
    ok, there is no way of proving that the championship is better than other tier 2 divisions, as they rarely, if ever, play each other. But the majority would agree that it is the best 2nd tier league.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:35 am

Ed wrote:
    Ché Guayaba wrote:"It just is" is not a good argument. And the second part is cherry picking. I could use the same competition to make the BPL look bad by mentioning that their third best team couldn't get out of their group, but that would be cherry picking too.
    ok, there is no way of proving that the championship is better than other tier 2 divisions, as they rarely, if ever, play each other. But the majority would agree that it is the best 2nd tier league.
    Argumentum ad populum.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:29 am