Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Childish Logic
Trig
Grenade
Theo Filippo
The_Quilo
Sexy Jay Jay
Sean
ShakerMatty
Carlos Jenkinson
ResurrectionRooney
Jorlung
Van Wolfswinkel
FishnChips
SBSP
Vexxed
Phadunkin Donuts
Weather130
Start.
dena
Muhkoo
Mario
ConorCelticFC
Barton
Lux
Zzonked
Laurencio
Kuled
Andy
Ben 10
33 posters

What's happening to English football?

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

What's happening to English football? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's happening to English football?

Post by Lux Sun May 20, 2012 9:32 am

Some people are obsessed..... just accept that Chelsea were the best team in Europe this year. In the league obviously not...but Chelsea beat the best teams and won.
    The_Quilo
    The_Quilo

Supports : Manchester United

What's happening to English football? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's happening to English football?

Post by The_Quilo Sun May 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:You can fucking wait for a thoughtful reply.

Look, mate, all I am saying is that people shouldn't berate the league in 1 year.

I love watching the Premier League, and it is saddening when people like Conor belittle the league.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Lux wrote:Some people are obsessed..... just accept that Chelsea were the best team in Europe this year. In the league obviously not...but Chelsea beat the best teams and won.

If one team is the best team in Europe, surely that one team is the best in its respective domestic league, within the confines of Europe? Giggity
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun May 20, 2012 8:50 pm

The_Quilo wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Why are you making up stuff? Mertesacker and Koscielny have been fit for the majority of the season, as soon as Vermaelen returned, Mertesacker got injured we played Song at central defence for like 2 games overall this season, Benayoun just didn't play he didn't get injured, Squillaci wouldn't of been in the squad regardless, Djourou wasn't injured either... Neutral

Walcott has hardly been injured either rofl

The manager is without nine players for the visit of Olympiakos on Wednesday night, with the headline-grabbing absentee remaining Jack Wilshere who, Wenger said, has had a metal screw inserted to repair his fractured ankle and will be out for 22 weeks.

But Wenger has been hit hardest in defence, where he is missing four of his five recognised centre-backs, necessitating the deployment of Alex Song, the defensive midfielder, alongside Per Mertesacker against the Greek champions. Thomas Vermaelen, Laurent Koscielny, Johan Djourou and Sébastien Squillaci are on the sidelines while, further forward, Wenger is without Theo Walcott, Gervinho, Abou Diaby and Yossi Benayoun.

Explain to me what I am making up, if you will. I never said that these players were injured for the majority of the season. Maybe you should learn to read, I heard it helps.

To top it off, Chelsea are the Champions, so you can fuck off.
    You said we have missed these players at important times, just because they missed one away game (In a group from which we already qualified as winners) does not excuse what Arsenal have done for large parts of the season.

Yes, I'm very gutted Chelsea have won it.. not because they are an English club but because they are a London club.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm

The_Quilo wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:We topped the group already by that time you fucking spastic, get cancer.

I'll await your reply in 3 months.

Doesn't change the facts.

Who are you calling the spastic, when you lot are judging 20 years of premier league action by the under par performances of a handful of teams in 1 year

Do you even hear yourself.

And I'm the spastic. Its mind boggling, your stupidity.

(Oh, and nice going telling me to develop a illness that tragically kills millions of people a year. I can tell you are extremely mature.)
    What on Earth are you talking about? English football has been on the decline for 3 years, I don't know why you keep bringing up 1 year... when it's 3. The premier league has only been the strongest league for about 3 of the last 20 years.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Lux wrote:Some people are obsessed..... just accept that Chelsea were the best team in Europe this year. In the league obviously not...but Chelsea beat the best teams and won.

they reeeeeeeeally werent

best teams DONT always win cup competitions, if they did barca would have won the last 4 CL's

i also find it funny that the ONE season chelsea finish outside top 4 (since they got rich) is the season they won the CL, it was so obvious. who ever writes these scripts needs to be more unpredictable
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun May 20, 2012 8:54 pm

The_Quilo wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:You can fucking wait for a thoughtful reply.

Look, mate, all I am saying is that people shouldn't berate the league in 1 year.

I love watching the Premier League, and it is saddening when people like Conor belittle the league.
    I agree, it shouldn't be berated in 1 year.. which it hasn't if you can't see the decline over the last 3 years then I can't help you, sorry.

It's saddening that people bring up valid points? Right ok.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Lux wrote:Some people are obsessed..... just accept that Chelsea were the luckiest team in Europe this year. In the league obviously not...but Chelsea beat the best teams and won.

fixed
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun May 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:

If one team is the best team in Europe, surely that one team is the best in its respective domestic league, within the confines of Europe? Giggity

Not really, they're different tournaments against different teams. The team that wins the Carling or FA Cup is not necessarily the best in England either.

ViVaRooney wrote:

best teams DONT always win cup competitions, if they did barca would have won the last 4 CL's

i also find it funny that the ONE season chelsea finish outside top 4 (since they got rich) is the season they won the CL, it was so obvious. who ever writes these scripts needs to be more unpredictable

You're chatting shit. Real Madrid spanked them in the league and they bottled it in the Champions League. You preferring the way they play doesn't mean they deserve anything. Chelsea played a way that was effective for them and they won fair and square against both Barcelona and Munich.

Here are the facts: Chelsea won, there was no controversy, they won the Champions league, thereby they are the best team in Europe.

akaranzo wrote:
    Lux wrote:Some people are obsessed..... just accept that Chelsea were the luckiest team in Europe this year. In the league obviously not...but Chelsea beat the best teams and won.

fixed

You earn your luck, or the other teams earn their misfortune. If they can't beat Chelsea then they're not as good on the day, that's all that matters.

Only undeserved luck is ref decisions. Barcelona know all about that.

Last edited by Lux on Sun May 20, 2012 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 9:49 pm

akaranzo wrote:

fixed

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Lux wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:

Not really, they're different tournaments against different teams. The team that wins the Carling or FA Cup is not necessarily the best in England either.

ViVaRooney wrote:

You're chatting shit. Real Madrid spanked them in the league and they bottled it in the Champions League. You preferring the way they play doesn't mean they deserve anything. Chelsea played a way that was effective for them and they won fair and square against both Barcelona and Munich.

Here are the facts: Chelsea won, there was no controversy, they won the Champions league, thereby they are the best team in Europe.

it wasnt effective at all Laughing it needed the opponents to miss ridiculous chances and PENALTIES. what are the odds of messi and robben missing a pen
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun May 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Real Madrid did anything but 'spank' Barcelona. Laughing They won once in 6 attempts this season. clap
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun May 20, 2012 9:54 pm

akaranzo wrote:

fixed
    Barcelona fan talking about luck in the CL..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 9:54 pm

and the one they won barca rested few players cause of the CL games Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 9:55 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:
    Lux wrote:

it wasnt effective at all Laughing it needed the opponents to miss ridiculous chances and PENALTIES. what are the odds of messi and robben missing a pen

It's not Chelsea's fault they missed their penalties!

Anyway Mata missed his in the final yesterday did he not? What are the odds you miss the first penalty yourself and then still go on to win?
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun May 20, 2012 9:56 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:it wasnt effective at all Laughing it needed the opponents to miss ridiculous chances and PENALTIES. what are the odds of messi and robben missing a pen

Fabregas dived so don't care about Messi.

You are not giving Cech enough credit at all. I bet if Chelsea missed a penalty people would be wanking over Neuer so much.

It was effective....as they won. When they go behind they have almost instantly taken the game to the other team and gotten back in the game. They have the ability to go out and get goals, they don't have to do that for 90 minutes to be the winner.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Kuled wrote:
    akaranzo wrote:

fixed

Good observation.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 9:58 pm

King Carlos wrote:
    ViVaRooney wrote:

It's not Chelsea's fault they missed their penalties!

Anyway Mata missed his in the final yesterday did he not? What are the odds you miss the first penalty yourself and then still go on to win?

i never said it was

it just wasnt effective since 9 out of 10 times they would have lost against barca and in the final. hell 9.7 times they would have lost, it is crazy the amount of things that went for them Laughing

and mata was in the penalty shootout.. if he scores they dont win the match, if messi scores they won the match. if robben scores they could have won the match but that was less decisive since chelsea still had 11 men

Last edited by ViVaRooney on Sun May 20, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun May 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:Real Madrid did anything but 'spank' Barcelona. Laughing They won once in 6 attempts this season. clap

In the league it is about coming out on top over 38 games. Madrid had a 9 point gap at the end of the season....for me that's a spanking.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Sun May 20, 2012 10:00 pm

He cries when he wants, he cries when he wants, he's viva Rooney, he cries when he wants.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun May 20, 2012 10:01 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:i never said it was

it just wasnt effective since 9 out of 10 times they would have lost against barca and in the final. hell 9.7 times they would have lost, it is crazy the amount of things that went for them Laughing

Can I use that mystic ball of yours?

"Zomg if only X player scored". You're assuming that if a player scores Chelsea will not do anything about it. You think this despite them being behind to Napoli, Barcelona and Munich yet coming back?.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Laughing its hilarious how speaking the truth is suddenly crying about something.. if bayern had won like this i would be saying the same things and no one would be saying anything

but tbh if bayern had won this way atleast they actually played football in the semis and deserved to win that

why would i be butthurt?? i have no relations to chelsea or nor do i support a london club Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun May 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Viva keeps saying 9/10 they'd have been beaten, yet they did it 3 times and it (somehow) worked. laugh
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Sun May 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Face it, watching City and now Chelsea hoist those majestic chunks of metal in the air has destroyed your life.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun May 20, 2012 10:06 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:Laughing its hilarious how speaking the truth is suddenly crying about something.. if bayern had won like this i would be saying the same things and no one would be saying anything

but tbh if bayern had won this way atleast they actually played football in the semis and deserved to win that

why would i be butthurt?? i have no relations to chelsea or nor do i support a london club Laughing

If Bayern played like Chelsea and Chelsea played like Bayern, and Bayern won.... I would feel the exact same way.

I would agree with Neville, that this was a great day for football.....but sadly some people still do not accept that having more possession and shots does not win you a game.

I wonder how many more times this has to happen before people stop being so naive.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:Face it, watching City and now Chelsea hoist those majestic chunks of metal in the air has destroyed your life.

city hurt cause they won it from/against us

chelsea? dont care

i just put my opinion on the match and CL winners as a whole like i always do. this was the least deserving CL winners in my history of the CL
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Kuled wrote:
    akaranzo wrote:

fixed

what about it? we were lucky in the 2008/2009 semi final yeah, does that mean I can't speak about luck in the CL anymore?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 10:59 pm

also people seem to be forgetting chelsea won on pens which is pure luck.. they didnt win the match
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun May 20, 2012 11:00 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:also people seem to be forgetting chelsea won on pens which is pure luck.. they didnt win the match

If Bayern won on pens no one would say it's luck, think you're forgetting that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 11:02 pm

because they dominated the match and deserved it. since chelsea nor bayern scored more goals you look at everything else, and bayern won on everything else and had they won the pen shootout they would have been deserved winners

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:40 am