Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Childish Logic
Trig
Grenade
Theo Filippo
The_Quilo
Sexy Jay Jay
Sean
ShakerMatty
Carlos Jenkinson
ResurrectionRooney
Jorlung
Van Wolfswinkel
FishnChips
SBSP
Vexxed
Phadunkin Donuts
Weather130
Start.
dena
Muhkoo
Mario
ConorCelticFC
Barton
Lux
Zzonked
Laurencio
Kuled
Andy
Ben 10
33 posters

What's happening to English football?

Anonymous

What's happening to English football? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happening to English football?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:54 am

Kuled wrote:Is this why you were dying to see us lose Laughing
    The Maestro wrote:Man City .. didn't even make it out of their Champions League group Debut season in Europe and given the group of death, was always going to be tough for them
    United were the same and put out by BaselShit form
    Same with Tottenham .. never even made it out of their Europa group finishing behind Paok Salonika and Rubin KazanThey played their B team in the Europa League Neutral

Chelsea already look beaten by NapoliSo many problems on and off the pitch, Chelsea were always going to lose the first leg, second leg still to play

Arsenal .. papped out by MilanLol, they were brilliant in the second leg and probably should've gone through

facepalm

Anyway, Milan deserved it and were the better over the two legs.
    Weather130
    Weather130

What's happening to English football? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happening to English football?

Post by Weather130 Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:25 am

Strange that noone here seems to remember about some great results from Birmingham City, Fulham, and Stoke City. If not for a bad final day all three of these teams could have got past the group stage. Then you seemingly ignore the qualifying stage these teams went through. Open your eyes there is some quality football played below the top five or six teams in the table.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 pm

English clubs have just had a bad season this season. I'm sure they can pick up next season. However, the quality of the teams has been on the decline in general compared to other top leagues in Europe (just not enough to justify this year's performances).
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Lol at quote in your sig Ahly
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Mario wrote:Lol at quote in your sig Ahly

Pep knows how to troll Pele. not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:32 pm

sky brainwashed all of england into thinking it is a top league in reality the epl is probably 4th or 5th best league in the world
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:38 pm

I care about my club, don't give a fuck what position it is in the "best leagues in the world." But I don't agree it's 4th/5th best in the world.

Agree with ahly's post as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Yeah, I agree. Probably a bit lower than that really. 6th, maybe 5th.

What's happening to English football? - Page 2 425670

And I imagine a lot of people care because they actually support a club where they live in, in a leauge that's in that country they live in and therefore associate with that country or most likely because playing in a difficult leauge makes every loss, or every win that much more significant to them.

That's where the, "luz Wolves could win the SPL" type of stuff comes from.
    Vexxed
    Vexxed

Supports : TFC

Post by Vexxed Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:54 pm

City had little experience

United was riddled with injuries and definitely fielded squads that were terrible to focus on their spot in the
    league.

Chelsea have Torres

Arsenal took half of the season to realize they weren't as bad as everyone told them they should be

I think next season will show different but only time will tell.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Ché Guayaba wrote:Yeah, I agree. Probably a bit lower than that really. 6th, maybe 5th.

And I imagine a lot of people care because they actually support a club where they live in, in a leauge that's in that country they live in and therefore associate with that country or most likely because playing in a difficult leauge makes every loss, or every win that much more significant to them.

Name the leagues in order of which are the best.
    Vexxed
    Vexxed

Post by Vexxed Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Phadunkin Donuts wrote:
    Ché Guayaba wrote:Yeah, I agree. Probably a bit lower than that really. 6th, maybe 5th.

Name the leagues in order of which are the best.

What's happening to English football? - Page 2 8def33fb093358357bc9e9ab8dc895aa
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:00 pm

What's happening to English football? - Page 2 1360780469
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Lol. give it two seasons and Spain is first on that list.
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Not even two, one is enough.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:16 pm

I can see Spain leapfrogging England within a year or two in the coefficients.

I didn't even read the last two posts before posting this. Neutral
    FishnChips
    FishnChips

Post by FishnChips Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:31 pm

I can only think of one good reason why English football is still ahead of Spanish football, and that is because the Spanish league is really just a two-horse race while the real action lies between the 3rd and 6th spot.
    However, it also always ends up being a two-horse race in English football aswell, but there's a slight difference. In Spain it's always Barcelona and Madrid while in England the teams aren't that defined yet, it's been United and Chelsea mostly lately but in recent years Liverpool, Arsenal and this year City. Mathematically, Spurs are very much still in the race this season, but realistically it's between the two manc clubs.

I can see Spanish football being the best soon enough.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:50 am

Most competitive league in the world by far!! Can't believe how many clubs are battling it out for the title

man utd 0
    man city 0
    tottenham -14
    arsenal -18
    chelsea -18
    newcastle -23
    liverpool -27
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:54 am

The Maestro wrote:Most competitive league in the world by far!! Can't believe how many clubs are battling it out for the title

man utd 0
    man city 0
    tottenham -14
    arsenal -18
    chelsea -18
    newcastle -23
    liverpool -27
    Now look at La Liga.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:56 am

How many teams are battling out in Spain again?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:01 am

The Eredivisie looks the best for competitiveness tbh:

1. Ajax - 49 points
    2. Alkmaar - 49 points
    3. FC Twente - 48 points
    4. PSV - 48 points
    5. Heerenveen - 48 points

Last edited by Splashy on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:01 am

Kuled wrote:How many teams are battling out in Spain again?

I think there is like a 10 point difference between 4th and 17th. Take out the two best teams on Earth by miles and you have yourself a very competitive league.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:02 am

Poland > England
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:03 am

30 point difference between 1st and 4th. Neutral
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 am

The Maestro wrote:Most competitive league in the world by far!! Can't believe how many clubs are battling it out for the title

man utd 0
    man city 0
    tottenham -14
    arsenal -18
    chelsea -18
    newcastle -23
    liverpool -27

We are just giving the Manchester sides a false sense of security. We shall win every match from now on and win the league in the process.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 am

I said nothing about La Liga. Their fans don't always say how competitive their league is. Ask a Premier League fan why they think the Premiership is the greatest league in the world, they can't justify having better teams, because La Liga has much more quality, so they resort to saying it's the most competitive.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:18 am

I don't think the Premier League is the greatest league in the world... But it's my favourite, don't see anything wrong with that.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:32 am

The Maestro wrote:

I said nothing about La Liga. Their fans don't always say how competitive their league is. Ask a Premier League fan why they think the Premiership is the greatest league in the world, they can't justify having better teams, because La Liga has much more quality, so they resort to saying it's the most competitive.

La Liga has more quality........

Or Madrid + Barca have more quality......?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 am

Lux wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:

La Liga as a whole has more quality. This week we saw 6th in La Liga completely rag doll 1st in the Premier League
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:37 am

The Maestro wrote:
    Lux wrote:

La Liga as a whole has more quality. This week we saw 6th in La Liga completely rag doll 1st in the Premier League
    Bilbao are not a better team than united. They had a good day and United had a bad day. Im sure on their day the likes of newcastle and liverpool and other midtable clubs could beat Bilbao.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:38 am

man utd 0
    man city 0
    tottenham -14
    arsenal -18
    chelsea -18
    newcastle -23
    liverpool -27

Look at Scotland!

Celtic 0
    Rangers -21
    Motherwell -24
    Dundee Utd. -35
    St. Johnstone -35
    Heart of Midlothian -36
    Kilmarnock -41

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm