Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
El Jefe
fluffy_kittens
Carlos Jenkinson
Barton
Childish Logic
Laurencio
Sean
Gegilworld93
Jeff
Andy
Lux
Jord
ResurrectionRooney
17 posters

Society of Black Lawyers: Liverpool&Chelsea condoning racism

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Society of Black Lawyers: Liverpool&Chelsea condoning racism Empty Society of Black Lawyers: Liverpool&Chelsea condoning racism

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:52 am

The Society of Black Lawyers (SBL) have condemned both Liverpool and Chelsea for appearing to excuse the alleged racism of Luis Suarez and John Terry.

Society of Black Lawyers: Liverpool&Chelsea condoning racism 159616hp2
    Wonder who will be the first ignorant twat to claim that the SBL is a racist organisation.

The organisation want the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to handle the Suarez case as a racist incident, as they have done with Terry, and believe there should be no difference in the treatment of both players.

Chelsea released a statement expressing their upmost support for John Terry after he was charged with a racially aggravated public order offence in connection with the alleged remarks aimed at QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.

Liverpool have also jumped to the defence of their Uruguayan striker who was given an eight-match ban and £40,000 fine by the FA after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra.

The SBL are planning to make a formal complaint to the CPS about the racist and offensive language used by Suarez, and are hoping to convince the CPS to launch a full investigation.

The organisation is also hoping the CPS will prosecute the former Ajax man if the result of the investigation gives a reasonable chance of conviction according to the public interest test.

The SBL believes both clubs should have treated the incidents as gross misconduct instead of simply denying the allegations.

Peter Herbert OBE & co-chair of the organisation said: “To our knowledge, neither club has bothered to conduct its own independent investigation or hold a disciplinary hearing.

“If such serious allegations of racism had been made in the workplace, any reasonable employer would consider itself to be under a strict duty to conduct a full, detailed and impartial investigation into the allegations, and not simply to state that they stand behind the denials of the player concerned.

"The punitive effects of racism are felt by thousands of people in Britain each day. The response of the Footbaall Association (FA) and the CPS must be robust to protect others from the humiliation, pain and suffering that this type of hate crime inflicts.

"There is no reason why Suarez should not face criminal charges. When individual football clubs and fellow players – both black and white – endorse this kind of behaviour, they themselves become part of the problem because they stand in the way of the total eradication of racism from the sport.

“Their denial and appeasement reflects an abdication of their role as responsible players or employers.”

I'm glad someone has the balls to say what every neutral is thinking. Tony Evans, notorious scouse bastard, even had an article condemning Liverpool and Chelsea's stance in the Times today.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Society of Black Lawyers: Liverpool&Chelsea condoning racism Empty Re: Society of Black Lawyers: Liverpool&Chelsea condoning racism

Post by Jord Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:55 am

Here we go
    Anonymous

Society of Black Lawyers: Liverpool&Chelsea condoning racism Empty Re: Society of Black Lawyers: Liverpool&Chelsea condoning racism

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:56 am

SBL... The irony.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:00 am

I'd ask what the Society of White Lawyers had to say, but obviously there is no such thing as it's racist.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:02 am

Society of Black Lawyers

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:02 am

Lux wrote:I'd ask what the Society of White Lawyers had to say, but obviously there is no such thing as it's racist.
    Black pride and all that.... search white pride on youtube. You will find this....
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:09 am

This article means nothing, it's just another shit group who are not important who want to be involved.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:09 am

facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:12 am

Once again we have irrelevant black guys jumping on the bandwagon.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:14 am

Society of Black Lawyers? rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:14 am

ResurrectionRaddy wrote:Once again we have irrelevant black guys jumping on the bandwagon.

Hate crimes are punished more seriously than others because they impact on a whole group.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:15 am

I wonder what the Legion of Asian Lawyers or the Brotherhood of Latino Lawyers has to say.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:29 am

Liverpool's defending of Suárez is ridiculous, disgusting and just disgraceful.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:32 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:
    Lux wrote:I'd ask what the Society of White Lawyers had to say, but obviously there is no such thing as it's racist.
    Black pride and all that.... search white pride on youtube. You will find this....

Ew.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:18 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ResurrectionRaddy wrote:Once again we have irrelevant black guys jumping on the bandwagon.

Hate crimes are punished more seriously than others because they impact on a whole group.

If a man attacks another man for stealing his wife, is that not a hate crime?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:20 am

No, hate crimes are crimes against particular groups, eg. Racial abuse against dark skinned people (Luis Suarez), incitement to violence against Westerners (Abu Hamza) or Genocide (Allah).
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:25 am

Indeed, every single black person seems to be affected by Suarez saying something which no one else heard but Evra.

I have a lot of sympathy for them.....they are all going through such a tough time having to cope with this hate crime.

Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:30 am

Lux wrote:

Indeed, every single black person seems to be affected by Suarez saying something which no one else heard but Evra.

I have a lot of sympathy for them.....they are all going through such a tough time having to cope with this hate crime.

I think their problem is the way the clubs have dealt with the issue, not what was actually said. It seems to be a notion that escapes the mind of most people about this issue. It's not about what was said, or even if he is guilty or not, it's all about politics now. And with all due respect, Liverpool are terrible at politics.

Still though. Society of Black Lawyers Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:30 am

Lux wrote:

It shows that some people near the top of English football still see being black as an excuse to dole out abuse. I know you're a massive racist, so you probably agree with Suarez and Terry, but I know if I were black I'd feel upset by that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:31 am

rofl
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:55 am

Society of black lawyers? So if i am white, i can't join? facepalm hypocrites.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:11 am

That name. rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:13 am

The SBL is a membership organisation, which exists to:

promote equality and diversity within the legal profession;
    act as a representative and strategic voice for lawyers, law students, paralegals, jurists and legal academics of African, Caribbean and Asian heritage; and
    campaign to ensure access to justice and legal services for ethnic minority and disadvantaged communities.

not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:15 am

Then we have the MOBO's... positive discrimination and all that. Get your massive fuckingchip off your shoulder.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:18 am

What do they think of Rooney's constant assaults, I wonder?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:22 am

InGlennyWeTrust wrote:What do they think of Rooney's constant assaults, I wonder?

nothing since that has nothing to do with race
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:27 am

ViVaRooney wrote:
    InGlennyWeTrust wrote:What do they think of Rooney's constant assaults, I wonder?

nothing since that has nothing to do with race

So the Society of Black Lawyers should only comment on things relating to race?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:31 am

Constant assaults? If they are constant, given that he has enjoyed a career spanning over 8 years, you shouldn't have trouble naming 20 assaults. Let's see a list of them.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:33 am

Laurencio wrote:
    I think their problem is the way the clubs have dealt with the issue, not what was actually said. It seems to be a notion that escapes the mind of most people about this issue. It's not about what was said, or even if he is guilty or not, it's all about politics now. And with all due respect, Liverpool are terrible at politics.

I don't agree with that either. Liverpool are showing their support for Suarez. I don't see how wearing t-shirts of him is wrong at all. The only people who disagree are those who think that Suarez is guilty when they have no clue whether he is or not....and obviously because he just has to be guilty it's disgusting to think otherwise. Anyone else just thinks they shouldn't have done it because it causes a stir. Lots of things cause a stir.....especially when there are so many people with chips on their shoulders.

If Liverpool wore "Sorry Evra" t-shirts I bet all these groups would be sucking Liverpool off.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It shows that some people near the top of English football still see being black as an excuse to dole out abuse. I know you're a massive racist, so you probably agree with Suarez and Terry, but I know if I were black I'd feel upset by that.

Sleep
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:46 am

Lux wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

I don't agree with that either. Liverpool are showing their support for Suarez. I don't see how wearing t-shirts of him is wrong at all. The only people who disagree are those who think that Suarez is guilty when they have no clue whether he is or not....and obviously because he just has to be guilty it's disgusting to think otherwise. Anyone else just thinks this shouldn't have done it because it causes a stir. Lots of things cause a stir.....especially when there are so many people with chips on their shoulders.

If Liverpool wore "Sorry Evra" t-shirts I bet all these groups would be sucking Liverpool off.

Just about anyone who isn't a Liverpool supporter seems to think the shirts were over the top. Half a dozen others agree that Liverpool in generally have handled the entire situation rather badly. No one is saying that doubting Saurez' guilt is wrong, no one is saying he is a racist, and no one is saying Liverpool can't support their player through the legal channels as anyone else would.

What they are saying that from a political standpoint, what they consider to be a moral standpoint, and what everyone else consider a PR standpoint Liverpool especially and apparently Chelsea (although I personally would disagree with that) have handled the affair with consistent incompetence.

I have no idea how these groups would react if they wore those kind of t-shirts, but it's obviously a completely different situation. I would personally find it distasteful, and a mockery, but that's just me. In the one scenario you are showing over the top support for a man found guilty by an independent comission for racially abusing another player (Note it doesn't really matter if he is truly guilty or not, you have to adopt to the situation as it is, simple politics). In the other you are appologizing for one of your players racially abusing another player, with lame t-shirts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:22 am