Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
dena
Benitez
ResurrectionRooney
7 posters

Liverpool official website "accidentally" promoting racism

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Liverpool official website "accidentally" promoting racism Empty Liverpool official website "accidentally" promoting racism

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:47 am

At least they have actually apologised this time after being called out for it. Obviously this has come from above the poisonous cunt Dalglish

Liverpool apologise after website video shows alleged racist gesture

Liverpool official website "accidentally" promoting racism _58184508_013848929-1

Liverpool have apologised after video footage of an alleged racist gesture by a fan was shown on their website.

Highlights of Saturday's FA Cup tie against Manchester United, featuring the incident, were still available to view more than 48 hours after the game.

A spokesman for Liverpool FC told BBC Sport: "We can confirm that footage was mistakenly included in the highlights package that appeared on the website.

"It should not have been included and we are sorry it happened."

The spokesman added: "It was removed immediately when it was brought to our attention."

Saturday's FA Cup match was the first time that the two teams had met since the clash between Patrice Evra and Luis Suarez at Anfield in October.

Suarez was subsequently banned for eight games by the Football Association, who found him guilty of racially abusing Evra.

The United defender was met with a chorus of boos from some home fans at Anfield.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish claimed that there was nothing wrong with the booing and that it was no more than the sort of "banter" expected at any Liverpool-United game.

But Gordon Taylor, chief executive of the Professional Footballers' Association, is concerned that it could have more serious repercussions.

"The booing of Evra was unwelcome," said Taylor. "For someone to be booed for reporting racist comments is not something we want to see happening.

"Black players may be worried about reporting such things, if there is going to be a backlash like this."

Police officers reviewed TV footage from Anfield after images were posted on Twitter of a man making an alleged racist gesture.

A 58-year-old man from Barmouth in Gwynedd, North Wales, was arrested on Saturday evening.

On Sunday night, a Merseyside Police spokeswoman said: "A 58-year-old man from north Wales, who was arrested on suspicion of a racially-aggravated public order offence yesterday following the Liverpool and Manchester United match, has been released on police bail pending further inquiries."

The video footage on Liverpool's website compounds a difficult few months for the club following widespread criticism over how the Suarez case was handled by the club and the arrest of a fan following the FA Cup third-round tie against Oldham Athletic on 6 January.

On that occasion a 20-year-old man from Aintree, Merseyside, was arrested, and then later bailed, on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence following alleged racist abuse directed towards Oldham player Tom Adeyemi.

Liverpool issued a statement after the game expressing that they were "deeply sorry" for what happened and they would "continue to take the strongest possible action against unacceptable behaviour during our matches".

The club have reiterated their stance that anyone found guilty of committing an offence will be banned for life.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Liverpool official website "accidentally" promoting racism Empty Re: Liverpool official website "accidentally" promoting racism

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:49 am

Vile, fucking disgusts me.
    Anonymous

Liverpool official website "accidentally" promoting racism Empty Re: Liverpool official website "accidentally" promoting racism

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:54 am

You know RR, there are other clubs to talk about outside of Liverpool and Manchester United Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:poisonous cunt Dalglish
    Abusive language is not tolerated in this society, sire.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 am

Disgusting, how could they let something like this happen?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 am

Bogdan wrote:You know RR, there are other clubs to talk about outside of Liverpool and Manchester United Smile

This isn't about Liverpool and Manchester United, this is about a much greater issue - racism in English football.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:56 am

Liverpool official website "accidentally" promoting racism Tumblr_lqv7wnJU761qlosih
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:57 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Bogdan wrote:You know RR, there are other clubs to talk about outside of Liverpool and Manchester United Smile

This isn't about Liverpool and Manchester United, this is about a much greater issue - racism in English football.
    This is actually about you becoming sexually aroused at the mere thought of putting down Liverpool football club and Kenneth Dalglish. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 am

My friend, you are absolutely loving that you have some ammunition against Liverpool. One wonders where this hatred has stemmed from Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 am

Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:59 am

I do not get aroused at that, I wish Kenneth Dalglish and Liverpool Football Club would behave in a civilised manner, and that I would have no reason to criticise them, only to discuss their football.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:00 pm

Bogdan wrote:

My friend, you are absolutely loving that you have some ammunition against Liverpool. One wonders where this hatred has stemmed from Smile

I hate racism and unfair discrimination, perhaps that explains it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I do not get aroused at that,
    False.
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I wish Kenneth Dalglish and Liverpool Football Club would behave in a civilised manner
    There isn't a big issue with this video here. You are, however, correct when you have said that a few errors were made in the reaction to the verdict.
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:and that I would have no reason to criticise them, only to discuss their football.
    Right. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 pm

Bogdan wrote:My friend, you are absolutely loving that you have some ammunition against Liverpool. One wonders where this hatred has stemmed from Smile

No one doubts this, but I wonder if you would ever post a neutral, or even dare I say positive article about Liverpool FC. Clearly, you love focusing on the negatives, so I see you as a pessimistic person. Cheer up bud Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:04 pm

Bogdan wrote:My friend, you are absolutely loving that you have some ammunition against Liverpool. One wonders where this hatred has stemmed from Smile

I tell you what i love. Discrimination of the positive kind thumb
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:04 pm

The title of this thread is libellous.

They accidentally included the footage.

A spokesman for Liverpool FC told BBC Sport: "We can confirm that footage was mistakenly included in the highlights package that appeared on the website.

"It should not have been included and we are sorry it happened."

The spokesman added: "It was removed immediately when it was brought to our attention."

How is that promoting racism?

Another one of your desperate attempts of point-scoring against Liverpool.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 pm

I dont believe that what suarez said was fundamentally racist. I also think think this thread is pathetic, and without any real basis.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:09 pm

Reported for libellous title, by the way. You're a liar.

You had the nerve to criticise me for 'spreading' lies regarding Man United spitting on the Hillsborough memorial.

Hypocrite.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Scott wrote:Reported for libellous title, by the way. You're a liar.

You had the nerve to criticise me for 'spreading' lies regarding Man United spitting on the Hillsborough memorial.

Hypocrite.
    Err....RR is unbiased, and this is what makes him so much superior to everyone else. He can assure you that you, a cretin, are inferior. What he posted was not libel. He has nothing against Liverpool Football Club or KKKing Kenneth Dalglish, he merely wants the best for the sport of football.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:13 pm

BTW RR... My 'team supported' is a parody. Yours is despicable, and shows a crass disrespect. Is respect not a quality that you would seemingly promote?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:16 pm

Whilst i admit to an indulgence in the anti Liverpool bandwagon. The notion that they are now synonymous with the ultra right wing is poor.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:18 pm

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:Whilst i admit to an indulgence in the anti Liverpool bandwagon. The notion that they are now synonymous with the ultra right wing is poor.
    Big Lad.
    Spoiler:
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Liverpool obviously knowingly showed the racist gestures, and once someone pointed it out, would blame it on someone's mistake (probably some poor intern or something) to divert blame.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:26 pm

dena wrote:Liverpool obviously knowingly showed the racist gestures, and once someone pointed it out, would blame it on someone's mistake (probably some poor intern or something) to divert blame.
    What on earth would they have to gain? I do hope that assertion is not made sincerely.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:55 pm

This looks an awful lot like condemnation of racism rather than promotion of it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:53 pm

It's funny how RR was just crying the other day about Liverpool fans "scoring points" against Manchester United fans. If you are trying to score points against Liverpool, RR, at least do it right. If anything, this article shows how Liverpool were quick to fix their mistake and are against racism. Nobody is going to fall for your devious plots.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:39 pm

I feel like RR was bondaged and gangraped by a bunch of Liverpool fans as a kid.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:11 pm

RR has been found out and retreated into silent mode.
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:11 pm

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:I feel like RR was bondaged and gangraped by a bunch of Liverpool fans as a kid.

Liverpool official website "accidentally" promoting racism 70955
    lvrpl4life
    lvrpl4life

Post by lvrpl4life Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Same old shit, different day.

Give it a rest. Surely your wanking arm must be sore by now? With the amount of times you cream yourself over Liverpool you'd think there would be nothing left!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:24 pm