Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Sean
El_indian
SpiritOfShankly
lvrpl4life
Mustangt125
LFC_Grunners
Uncle John from Jamaica
luke.
Keanoo
LiamB_14
Barton
Jordi
El Jefe
Kuled
Clark
fluffy_kittens
mightyDan
Grenade
Pippo
David N'Gog
thechampion
SBSP
Carlos Jenkinson
Roloman4
Childish Logic
Jorlung
mac
Mouse
HIBBIES_07
VivaRonaldoLAD
Laurencio
samiz
Scouser_Dave
moscowmadeit3
Gegilworld93
The Zlatan
Jack
Mal
ResurrectionRooney
Steadman
Jord
Theo Filippo
46 posters

Luis Suarez made RACIST comments towards Patrice Evra

SBSP
    SBSP

Luis Suarez made RACIST comments towards Patrice Evra - Page 10 Empty Re: Luis Suarez made RACIST comments towards Patrice Evra

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:03 am

Mousey, seriously, just shut up. Laughing You've posted that about 50 times in this thread.
    Anonymous

Luis Suarez made RACIST comments towards Patrice Evra - Page 10 Empty Re: Luis Suarez made RACIST comments towards Patrice Evra

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:43 am

Polska, how is saying "negro" to Evra not supposed to be taken as racist? Who the hell blurts out "black" to a black person and acts like it's nothing?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:54 am

ahlycotc wrote:Polska, how is saying "negro" to Evra not supposed to be taken as racist? Who the hell blurts out "black" to a black person and acts like it's nothing?
    Black.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 am

I'm not really black. Laughing
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:56 am

SBSP wrote:Mousey, seriously, just shut up. Laughing You've posted that about 50 times in this thread.

shifty Oui.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:42 am

Liverpool have given their firm backing to Luis Suárez over his denial that he racially abused Patrice Evra at Anfield on Saturday – and want the Manchester United defender to receive a ban from the Football Association should his accusations prove groundless.

The Uruguay international has vehemently denied Evra's allegations that he racially abused him during Liverpool's 1-1 draw with United and will fight to clear his name if the FA decides to open a disciplinary case.

Suárez has also received a show of support from his employers. A Liverpool spokesman said: "Luis is adamant that he has not used language of that nature and the club is totally supportive of the player."

The inquiry will begin with the FA asking to speak to Evra on Monday to ascertain whether he intends to make an official complaint. Evra's accusation is that he was called "a ice cream" – the Senegal-born Frenchman said he heard it "at least 10 times" – but Suárez insists it is not true.

"I'm upset by the accusations of racism," he said. "I can only say that I have always respected, and respect, everybody. We are all the same." Liverpool have accepted Suárez's version of events and, given the potential repercussions for their striker if Evra's allegations are proven, believe the France international should have a disciplinary case to answer if allegations of this magnitude are dropped.

Evra, accompanied by Sir Alex Ferguson, asked to see the referee Andre Marriner, after the match to report the alleged incidents and later expressed his anger in an interview with Canal Plus.

"In 2011, there are things you can't say any more," he said. "The referee knows and there will be an investigation. But I don't want to repeat what he said." The interviewer asked if Suárez had used racist words and he replied: "Yes, he did. We can see thanks to the television what he said. He said it at least 10 times. We can read it on his lips."

Evra's complaints have been included in Marriner's match report but the referee has also informed the FA and the Premier League that the first he knew of it was after the match. The two players could be seen exchanging words at various points of the second half but it may count against Evra that he did not raise the alleged offence with Marriner during the game.

On that basis, Evra will almost certainly need back-up statements from his United team-mates if the FA is to decide there is evidence to make a case against Suárez. United would not say if there were witnesses to Evra's allegations but, without them, the authorities may decide it is a case of one man's word against another.

In 2008 Evra was at the centre of accusations that he was racially abused by a groundsman at Chelsea while warming down. But an FA hearing into the allegation – which was made by a Manchester United employee – found that it was not proven. Evra was subsequently banned for four games and fined £15,000 for his part in the post-match altercation with the groundsman. The controversy comes at a particularly bad time given that Saturday's match launched Kick It Out's three-week "One Game, One Community" action programme, with players from both sides wearing anti-racism T-shirts, and every manager through the leagues wearing one of the organisation's badges.

A message was read out before the game saying that Liverpool did not tolerate racism of any form, and there was a message in the club programme, including a telephone number for supporters to report anyone guilty of offences.

Lord Herman Ouesley, the chairman of Kick It Out, said any footballer guilty of racism should face "severe action" both from the FA and the player's club, but "you would have to be able to prove it beyond reasonable doubt".

He added: "There were incidents in the second half and Evra seemed to get very agitated so something was obviously bugging him because he was quite incensed. But if this happened he should have brought it to the attention of the referee at the time."

This is going to end nasty.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 am

If Evra is banned then we got Jonny Evans not worthy
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:46 am

Brilliant behaviour from Liverpool, demand punishment for a victim of racial abuse unless he can prove it, what a fucking bunch of cunts. I can't think of a better way for racism to go unreported and unpunished in the future.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:46 am

If Evra did make it up, I hope he gets banned for 10 games and he's one of my favourite players.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:48 am

Well, Evra got banned last time he made an accusation; it's not like Liverpool have just said it without there being any history of that sort of punishment for falsely accusing someone
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:48 am

I can't believe Evra would do this though. Maybe there was a misunderstanding....10 times though?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:49 am

Evra was absolutely furious at something, but my gut tells me Suarez didn't say anything racist (srs)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:50 am

I struggle to believe that he said it 10 times without anyone else hearing it, I want to see if any other Man Utd players stand up and say they heard it.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:50 am

kyro7 wrote:Evra was absolutely furious at something, but my gut tells me Suarez didn't say anything racist (srs)
    Me too. I know Suarez is known for his bad attitude but I don't think he's a racist.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:52 am

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:53 am

Last time he was backed up and it didn't make any difference.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:54 am

I don't really like what Liverpool said, I would only want Evra to be banned if it was proven he is lying, I don't know how that could be done, but banning him when it's not proven he's lying would surely encourage victims of racial abuse to keep quiet in risk of getting banned.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:00 am

Where did it say that they have asked for him to be banned?
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:01 am

Cam wrote:Where did it say that they have asked for him to be banned?
    The first/second line Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:02 am

Good point kyro7.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:03 am

Read it as a headline, not sure if Liverpool actually did say anything. shifty

Liverpool want Patrice Evra ban if Luis Suárez race claim is groundless
    Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:05 am

I don't buy it, why didn't he tell the ref during the time he pulled him over. Why did no one else here it? Rio was in the area.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:07 am

Where is the statement? It's just a news reporter trying to get people to read it, there is nothing from liverpool apart from that they believe Suarez.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:07 am

Mc Babel wrote:I don't buy it, why didn't he tell the ref during the time he pulled him over. Why did no one else here it? Rio was in the area.

Maybe because Rio was a bit busy with doing, erm, defending? Not trying to listen into Evra & Suarez petty conversation.. What was the ref supposed to do? Take Evra's word for it at the time and send Suarez off without any proper evidence?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:08 am

It would have helped if Evra had said something so the Ref could keep an eye on it..
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:09 am

Why should Evra be banned? Quite a idiotic suggestion. Neutral
    Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:11 am

luke. wrote:
    Mc Babel wrote:I don't buy it, why didn't he tell the ref during the time he pulled him over. Why did no one else here it? Rio was in the area.

Maybe because Rio was a bit busy with doing, erm, defending? Not trying to listen into Evra & Suarez petty conversation.. What was the ref supposed to do? Take Evra's word for it at the time and send Suarez off without any proper evidence?
    No but when people are all in the box if he heard the word "nigga" he'd probably pick it up.
    Also it doesn't matter if the ref wouldn't of done anything it's just something you'd mention.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:14 am

Mc Babel wrote:
    luke. wrote:

No but when people are all in the box if he heard the word "nigga" he'd probably pick it up.
    Also it doesn't matter if the ref wouldn't of done anything it's just something you'd mention.
    So in a ground where you have 38'000 animals (Liverpool fans) screaming and whining about their poor future as a club you expect people on the pitch to hear Suarez call Evra a niqqer?
    Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:15 am

I wonder which player they'll ask, the adulterer, the gigolo who destroyed his family, or the granny nobber

Laughing

If he allegedly said something ten times why did the cameras not pick it up and why are sky not showering us with clips of it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:15 am

Why would Suarez call Evra a nigga anyway? Laughing Makes no sense. If he said it 10 times as Evra claimed, someone in the box WILL have heard it, regardless of the barbarity of Liverpool fans.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:28 am