Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Theo Filippo
Carlos Jenkinson
Demba Ba
Mason
Mouse
SpiritOfShankly
Danny
Jordi
Scouser_Dave
moscowmadeit3
Zzonked
Kuled
easley91
Start.
Childish Logic
SBSP
Samuel-x
ResurrectionRooney
Rodallega
Grenade
VivaRonaldoLAD
The Zlatan
Ham.
27 posters

Gus Poyet calls Evra a "cry baby"

Ham.
    Ham.

Gus Poyet calls Evra a "cry baby" Empty Gus Poyet calls Evra a "cry baby"

Post by Ham. Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:35 am

Patrice Evra, the Manchester United defender at the centre of the Luis Suárez racism case, has been accused of overreacting and "crying like a baby" in an astonishing attack by Gus Poyet, a friend of the Liverpool striker.

Poyet's condemnation flies in the face of the Kick It Out campaign's instruction for footballers to report anything they consider to be racial slurs. But the Brighton manager believes Suárez has been harshly treated and his dismay about his fellow Uruguayan being charged by the Football Association manifested itself in an outburst about the behaviour of the alleged victim.

"I believe Luis Suárez, it's simple," Poyet said. "I played football for seven years in Spain and was called everything because I was from South America, and I never went out crying like a baby, like Patrice Evra, saying that someone had said something to me."

Poyet, who has befriended Suárez since the striker moved to Liverpool from Ajax in January, is not convinced the FA has enough evidence to warrant a charge of using racial insults. Suárez has denied the allegations and will plead not guilty.

"I'm surprised, in a really sad way, that he has been charged," Poyet said. "Really sad. I think it's worse to charge someone because you trust one person when you have no proof.

"I'm really sad about this charge as it's going to become too easy. I can make a complaint about any opposition manager and if I take it as far as I can he's going to get charged. Why are we going to take one person's word over another? It's too risky."

Those comments will go down badly at Old Trafford and may provoke the United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, into making a response when he holds his weekly press briefing on Friday. Evra, who alleges he was called a variation of the N-word "at least 10 times", has decided not to comment until the case is heard.

Poyet, whose playing career includes spells at Real Zaragoza, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur, appeared to be saying Evra should never have made a complaint. However, he contradicted that view when asked about the Fifa president Sepp Blatter's comments that victims of racial slurs should shake hands with their abusers at the end of matches and not take the matter further. "I respect him as Fifa president but I don't listen to him when he talks about football," he said.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Gus Poyet calls Evra a "cry baby" Empty Re: Gus Poyet calls Evra a "cry baby"

Post by The Zlatan Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:37 am

Not the most ideal thing to say at the moment.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:40 am

Its funny because I dont think Evra has said anything at all has he?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:46 am

Ham wrote:
    Patrice Evra, the Manchester United defender at the centre of the Luis Suárez racism case, has been accused of overreacting and "crying like a baby" in an astonishing attack by Gus Poyet, a friend of the Liverpool striker.

Poyet's condemnation flies in the face of the Kick It Out campaign's instruction for footballers to report anything they consider to be racial slurs. But the Brighton manager believes Suárez has been harshly treated and his dismay about his fellow Uruguayan being charged by the Football Association manifested itself in an outburst about the behaviour of the alleged victim.

"I believe Luis Suárez, it's simple," Poyet said. "I played football for seven years in Spain and was called everything because I was from South America, and I never went out crying like a baby, like Patrice Evra, saying that someone had said something to me."

Poyet, who has befriended Suárez since the striker moved to Liverpool from Ajax in January, is not convinced the FA has enough evidence to warrant a charge of using racial insults. Suárez has denied the allegations and will plead not guilty.

"I'm surprised, in a really sad way, that he has been charged," Poyet said. "Really sad. I think it's worse to charge someone because you trust one person when you have no proof.

"I'm really sad about this charge as it's going to become too easy. I can make a complaint about any opposition manager and if I take it as far as I can he's going to get charged. Why are we going to take one person's word over another? It's too risky."

Those comments will go down badly at Old Trafford and may provoke the United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, into making a response when he holds his weekly press briefing on Friday. Evra, who alleges he was called a variation of the N-word "at least 10 times", has decided not to comment until the case is heard.

Poyet, whose playing career includes spells at Real Zaragoza, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur, appeared to be saying Evra should never have made a complaint. However, he contradicted that view when asked about the Fifa president Sepp Blatter's comments that victims of racial slurs should shake hands with their abusers at the end of matches and not take the matter further. "I respect him as Fifa president but I don't listen to him when he talks about football," he said.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:52 am

Hopefully Gus loses his legs in a horrible accident.
    Rodallega
    Rodallega

Supports : Jordi Gomez

Post by Rodallega Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Poyet not worthy

I just realised David Gill is a member of the FA, Probably has something to do with this..
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Shame that Poyet is throwing in with Liverpool FC, trying to make reporting racism unacceptable.
    Rodallega
    Rodallega

Supports : Jordi Gomez

Post by Rodallega Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:51 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Shame that Poyet is throwing in with Liverpool FC, trying to make reporting racism unacceptable.

Hes trying to make lying about racism is unacceptable.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:25 pm

kyro7 wrote:Hopefully Gus loses his legs in a horrible accident.
    Hopefully Evra does.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:35 pm

grenade187 wrote:
    Ham wrote:

dexter not worthy not worthy
    Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Supports : Chelsea Football Club

Post by Samuel-x Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:53 pm

polska. wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Hopefully Gus loses his legs in a horrible accident.
    Hopefully Evra does.

Neither of you are very nice. Dry Smile
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:02 pm

I don't know how you guys can victimise Evra and defend Suarez. It's pathetic. facepalm
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:15 pm

SBSP wrote:I don't know how you guys can victimise Evra and defend Suarez. It's pathetic. facepalm

I don't know how you can say for sure suarez did it facepalm

pathetic.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:23 pm

we already know Suarez did it. he even admitted it pretty much

Suarez wrote:I called him something his team-mates at Manchester call him,

that word is clearly the N word. if it wasnt he would say what word it was. Anyone defending Suarez is saying nigga is an ok word to use
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 pm

I don't know how he can compare now to when he used to play, the game has changed since then, and so has the world.
    Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Post by Start. Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:42 pm

I think he is, If I was black skin and somebody called me for example a 'racist name' I wouldn't go crazy it's just like somebody calling me a cunt doesn't bother me it's a fucking name. Neutral

Just noticed N!gger is ice-cream lol?
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Poyet Gus Poyet calls Evra a "cry baby" 914411

IF Suarez didn't say anything then Evra must be punished for lying about it. Accusing someone of racist comments that they didn't make is a serious offense, can ruin someone's career and reputation. I'm not saying he did lie about what Suarez may or may have not said though, because IF Suarez DID say something then he must be punished for making racist remarks.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:03 pm

Hearing the same thing over and over and over again, the truth is, nobody knows who's telling the truth except Evra and Suarez, people taking sides are very stupid, and Poyet is a cunt for saying this because if it is true then Evra has every right to report Suarez, if he isn't then he should be banned, simple as that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:09 pm

easley91 wrote:Poyet Gus Poyet calls Evra a "cry baby" 914411

IF Suarez didn't say anything then Evra must be punished for lying about it. Accusing someone of racist comments that they didn't make is a serious offense, can ruin someone's career and reputation. I'm not saying he did lie about what Suarez may or may have not said though, because IF Suarez DID say something then he must be punished for making racist remarks.
    Yeah, and Poyet doesn't know either way so stop bowing to the stupid cunt.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:33 pm

I can't bow to a Spurs legend? Neutral I was only bowing to him for what he did for my club.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:42 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:Its funny because I dont think Evra has said anything at all has he?
    He told the media what happened immediately after the match, standing up and speaking up against racism, and he's been vilified and hated for it by Liverpool fans. He hasn't said anything since, publicly, and neither has anyone from United. Unlike Kenneth Dalglish who's been banging on and on about in the media, saying that anyone who gets in trouble for racism will be supported by the club (and that's no secret) Liverpool's employee making up lies about Patrice Evra (has that man been sacked yet by the way?), and Liverpool FC saying they will back Suarez regardless.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:43 pm

easley91 wrote:I can't bow to a Spurs legend? Neutral
    Not unless I give you permission, no.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Gus Poyet calls Evra a "cry baby" Di-9130997483711
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Poyet, what an idiot. Not the best time to come and and say something quite controversial like that. Also, the fact he's calling some one a "cry baby" because they have been racial abused is disgusting. How does Poyet know they have no prove? No one knows apart from the FA and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't charge someone without sufficient amount of evidence, it would be too risky.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:44 pm

Poyet speaking the truth not worthy
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:51 pm

I wonder how you Liverpool fans would have reacted if it was one of our players being racist to Johnson.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:04 pm

Kuled wrote:I wonder how you Liverpool fans would have reacted if it was one of our players being racist to Johnson.

I'm not exactly Johnson's number one fan to be honest Laughing
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:12 am

Gus Poyet is a fucking crybaby himself.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:18 am

Dave calling it the truth. LaughingLaughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:26 am

Pipe down, Poyet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:12 am