Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
dena
Grenade
sponans
Theo Filippo
menalawyerguy
Cristiano
fluffy_kittens
Roloman4
Mustangt125
SS_1182
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Trig
Jamie
chiboygeorge
SBSP
19 posters

Messi in Copa America.

SBSP
    SBSP

Messi in Copa America. - Page 2 Empty Re: Messi in Copa America.

Post by SBSP Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:42 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:some players like Messi are far better for club then for country.
    Very original post there.

shifty
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:53 pm

SBSP wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:some players like Messi are far better for club then for country.

Messi in Copa America. - Page 2 279869

Laughing

there's hidden meaning, read between the lines. Wink
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:53 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    SBSP wrote:

Laughing

Laughing
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:59 pm

SBSP wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:
    SBSP wrote:

Laughing

Laughing

you're getting it now brotha cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:How come only he gets blamed when they dont perform though? Yeah he's the best player on the planet, but their whole team is stacked. Where are Lavezzi and Aguero and shit? Tevez probably off crying somewhere looking through towers to Mascherano.
    Cause they keep giving him the ball and he keeps doing nothing.

You haven't watched either Copa games so why are you commenting?
    If you know what i was doing while those games were being played you must have been watching me. If you were watching me you didn't watch the games.. so why you commenting?
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Formerly known as : NiTRO
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by Cristiano Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:07 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Haters gonna hate. Messi is the best there is. Everyone is just expecting him to dribble past the whole team and score every game.
    rofl
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:19 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Roloman4 wrote:Messi has never been good for Argentina, end of, and I watch a bit more South American football than a lot of people here.

Which makes it even more shocking. I have seen a few of his games with Argentina and he kicked ass in some. Argentina v Portugal comes to mind.
    You have clearly not seen Messi play in South America against SA teams...my question is...where was he when he was needed during Argentina's whole WC qualifiers? They had to rely on Bolatti and Palermo to save them. Laughing
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:48 pm

I haven't seen any Argentina games in this Copa America. So I cannot opine on whether he's been shit. But I did watch all of their World Cup games and I think his performance has been unjustly criticized. He danced in the World Cup. He was Argentina's best player in pretty much every game, even though he didn't score.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Drop Cambiasso.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:18 pm

I defend Messi because he is getting unfairly blamed for all of Argentina's troubles, but to be honest he hasn't been very good. It's not all his fault but he deserves his fair share of responsibility. He's the best player in the world and regardless of who he has around him he should be doing better.
    sponans
    sponans

Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by sponans Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:02 pm

People in Argentina still think that nowadays one player can do what Maradona did in 86 Neutral (They don't seem to remember that Maradona in Spain 82 was shit, and they had a much better team). Somebody tell them that is not going to happen again with the advanced tactical systems of today's football. Even shit teams know how to defend in an organized way, add the better physical preparation and the result is that those crap teams that used to get battered are more than decent opponents now.

The Argentina line-up is fucked, their team is crap (defence and midfield wise). They don't have the players to play a 4-3-3 in a Barça style (I'm not saying they should, I wouldn't play like that if I was the manager but that is what Batista said he wanted to do) or at least el Checho doesn't put them. Milito is ridiculous (Rosell sell him, even for free! Anyone want him?), Zanetti isn't performing, Cambiasso is completely useless in the role he is playing. Banega losses 2 balls out of 3 when he is supposed to be the playmaker, Lavezzi and Tevez play out of position and Carlos is greedy as fuck, he plays on his own. Their tempo is really slow and they play like every ball has to end in a goal opportunity, they barely build play. Its a damn borefest, hell I fell asleep in the 60 or 65 min of their last match!

I don't even like his reserves but I definetly would play a 4-2-3-1, something like this:

Romero
    Zabaleta Burdisso Pareja Rojo
    Masche Biglia
    DiMaria Pastore/Messi Kun
    Messi/Higuain

I don't even know if Biglia is any good Laughing and Burdisso is not a great defender but there's no one else!! Neutral Messi isn't performing as he should, but a bit of help from his team mates and manager would be useful. Argentina have to get back to when they knew how to play football.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:58 pm

We all knew he would not play as good for Argentina than Barca without the likes of Iniesta Xavi Villa etc complimenting him but I was quite shocked as to how badly he performed in some games.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:33 am

sponans wrote:People in Argentina still think that nowadays one player can do what Maradona did in 86 Neutral (They don't seem to remember that Maradona in Spain 82 was shit, and they had a much better team). Somebody tell them that is not going to happen again with the advanced tactical systems of today's football. Even shit teams know how to defend in an organized way, add the better physical preparation and the result is that those crap teams that used to get battered are more than decent opponents now.

The Argentina line-up is fucked, their team is crap (defence and midfield wise). They don't have the players to play a 4-3-3 in a Barça style (I'm not saying they should, I wouldn't play like that if I was the manager but that is what Batista said he wanted to do) or at least el Checho doesn't put them. Milito is ridiculous (Rosell sell him, even for free! Anyone want him?), Zanetti isn't performing, Cambiasso is completely useless in the role he is playing. Banega losses 2 balls out of 3 when he is supposed to be the playmaker, Lavezzi and Tevez play out of position and Carlos is greedy as fuck, he plays on his own. Their tempo is really slow and they play like every ball has to end in a goal opportunity, they barely build play. Its a damn borefest, hell I fell asleep in the 60 or 65 min of their last match!

I don't even like his reserves but I definetly would play a 4-2-3-1, something like this:

Romero
    Masche Biglia
    Messi/Higuain

I don't even know if Biglia is any good Laughing and Burdisso is not a great defender but there's no one else!! Neutral Messi isn't performing as he should, but a bit of help from his team mates and manager would be useful. Argentina have to get back to when they knew how to play football.

Well said. not worthy
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:29 am

sponans wrote:People in Argentina still think that nowadays one player can do what Maradona did in 86 Neutral (They don't seem to remember that Maradona in Spain 82 was shit, and they had a much better team). Somebody tell them that is not going to happen again with the advanced tactical systems of today's football. Even shit teams know how to defend in an organized way, add the better physical preparation and the result is that those crap teams that used to get battered are more than decent opponents now.

Romero
    Masche Biglia
    Messi/Higuain

Messi in Copa America. - Page 2 914411
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:52 am

dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:53 am

I think it's about time we come to the conclusion that Messi is an above average player who has achieved great success riding the coatails of Xavi and Iniesta.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:56 am

"The great player emerges when the collective balance of the side is correct."

Just leaving this here.
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:11 am

You say it's unfair that Messi gets most of the blame when Argentina underperform? Is it fair that he gets all the glory when Argentina play great? Neutral It's only fair he gets the blame as well.

But no, he's not getting all the blame. Various articles i've read are filled with excuses as to why he's playing like crap. These are same old excuses. It's maradona's fault, it's Batista's fault, he doesn't have support, he has to come back to midfield to get the ball,blah blah blah. And why does he have to come back to midfield? Easy, no Xavi or Iniesta.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:28 am

said the man with a ronaldo sig...
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:29 am

10RLegend wrote:You say it's unfair that Messi gets most of the blame when Argentina underperform? Is it fair that he gets all the glory when Argentina play great? Neutral It's only fair he gets the blame as well.

But no, he's not getting all the blame. Various articles i've read are filled with excuses as to why he's playing like crap. These are same old excuses. It's maradona's fault, it's Batista's fault, he doesn't have support, he has to come back to midfield to get the ball,blah blah blah. And why does he have to come back to midfield? Easy, no Xavi or Iniesta.
    You, my friend, are clueless. Even with the obvious bias.
    Demoz
    Demoz

Post by Demoz Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 am

SBSP wrote:
    10RLegend wrote:You say it's unfair that Messi gets most of the blame when Argentina underperform? Is it fair that he gets all the glory when Argentina play great? Neutral It's only fair he gets the blame as well.

Yeah the ronaldo sig means i'm bias, very clever observation.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:13 am

10RLegend wrote:
    SBSP wrote:

No answer to the part about your being clueless. I win. Dance I'll now be singing autographs out back.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:15 am

If Messi left Barca and played for Man Utd, AC Milan or any other league champions dude wouldn't be called the greatest ever by anyone imo.

Messi needs Barca. And without Messi Barca are still world champions = spain team.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:16 am

Chris wrote:If Messi left Barca and played for Man Utd, AC Milan or any other league champions dude wouldn't be called the greatest ever by anyone imo.

Messi needs Barca. And without Messi Barca are still world champions = spain team.
    The best player in the world deserves to be in the best team. Simples
    Demoz
    Demoz

Post by Demoz Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:17 am

SBSP wrote:
    10RLegend wrote:
    SBSP wrote:

No answer to the part about your being clueless. I win. Messi in Copa America. - Page 2 3920004554 I'll now be singing autographs out back.

Are you the person who decides who's clueless and who's not? Well, I'll be damned. Give this man a gold star. Messi in Copa America. - Page 2 284837
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:19 am

10RLegend wrote:
    SBSP wrote:
    10RLegend wrote:
    SBSP wrote:

No answer to the part about your being clueless. I win. Messi in Copa America. - Page 2 3920004554 I'll now be singing autographs out back.

Are you the person who decides who's clueless and who's not? Well, I'll be damned. Give this man a gold star. Messi in Copa America. - Page 2 284837
    Thank you. smug
    Demoz
    Demoz

Post by Demoz Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:21 am

Chris wrote:If Messi left Barca and played for Man Utd, AC Milan or any other league champions dude wouldn't be called the greatest ever by anyone imo.

I agree, but i doubt messi will ever leave Barcelona or will ever be sold. But playing with Argentina is an example of what could happen if he were to leave.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:22 am

SBSP wrote:

The best player in the world deserves to be in the best team. Simples
    Im not saying he doesn't deserve to be in the team. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:45 am

ahm have you seen barca without messi? they look awful and cant break anyone down. please think before posting

also you are making HUGE assumptions, i think messi would destroy in teams like man utd, chelsea, ac milan, real madrid.

Argentina dont even have a proper manager, messi is being handicapped by an unbalance, clueless team. anyone with half a football knowledge can see that

Last edited by ViVaRooney on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:47 am

10RLegend wrote:

I agree, but i doubt messi will ever leave Barcelona or will ever be sold. But playing with Argentina is an example of what could happen if he were to leave.

bullshit! ronaldo does fuck all for Portugal too does that mean he is shit?

National teams are usually not gelled together and that makes it hard for anyone, dont even see why people put international football so high when judging players.

also in the WC messi was magnificent in the group stages, only the post and amazing GK's stopped him from bagging multiple goals.

people just want to hate on the best, simple as that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:58 pm