Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
dena
Grenade
sponans
Theo Filippo
menalawyerguy
Cristiano
fluffy_kittens
Roloman4
Mustangt125
SS_1182
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Trig
Jamie
chiboygeorge
SBSP
19 posters

Messi in Copa America.

Anonymous

Messi in Copa America. - Page 5 Empty Re: Messi in Copa America.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:35 pm

SBSP wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Messi was only 21 in 2006. Neutral

Math Fail.
    Nah, I just forgot how old he was.
    You thought he was 26? Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:36 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    SBSP wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Math Fail.
    I thought he was 24. Run I don't even know what was going through my head TBH. facepalm

Last edited by SBSP on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:36 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:2006 WC is much exaggeration, I wonder if many people even watched it because for sure Messi wasn't all that. He was decent but it's not like without him they would be disaster.

These are not much games? that's like 7-12 out of 50...so it's good enough to say a player is good after 7-12 good games out of like 50+?

He played his first WC matches with Argentina at 18/19 years of age. He was brought on as a sub and still performed well.
    Many act like he dominated it though. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:38 pm

SBSP wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    SBSP wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Math Fail.
    I thought he was 24. Run I don't even know what was going through my head TBH. facepalm
    He is 24.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:38 pm

chiboygeorge wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:If Messi was amazing for Argentina like you all say...then it should be quite easy to list games he's played good in right? Laughing

I don't watch many Argentina games, but here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head...

v Portugal (Friendly)
    v Mexico (Copa America)
    In 2006 + 2010 WCs
    v USA (Friendly)
    v Costa Rica (today)

There are more out there that I can't think of right now.
    2006 WC is much exaggeration, I wonder if many people even watched it because for sure Messi wasn't all that. He was decent but it's not like without him they would be disaster.

These are not much games? that's like 7-12 out of 50...so it's good enough to say a player is good after 7-12 good games out of like 50+?
    He did say he hasn't watched many games.
    Missed that, but if you don't watch much how can you possibly come to conclusion or debate that he's not as good when playing for Argentina...but doesn't really matter now anyways.

I never argued with you about his performances for Argentina being less than with Barcelona (nobody has). But you have underrated him far too much with Argentina and implied that he is generally shit for Argentina. That's my only beef with your views.

The fact that I have watched a few Argentina matches and already seen several great performances from Messi suggests that he is not shit or even below average for Argentina as you state.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:39 pm

people are retards, i bet ones saying messi does fuck all for argentina are the ones that watch 1 out of 20 argentina games and the other 19 they look at the goal scorers and if messi is not one of them they say he was shit
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:40 pm

I swear I looked on wikipedia five minutes ago, and it said 23. Now it says 24. Neutral

Just shoot me now. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:40 pm

SBSP wrote:I swear I looked on wikipedia five minutes ago, and it said 23. Now it says 24. Neutral

This is such a fuck up from you but I'll let you off, we'll never speak of this again.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:41 pm

SBSP wrote:I swear I looked on wikipedia five minutes ago, and it said 23. Now it says 24. Neutral

He turned 24 three minutes ago.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Borderline Hall of Shame from SBSP.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:42 pm

kyro7 wrote:

This is such a fuck up from you but I'll let you off, we'll never speak of this again.
    I might as well just end it now. There's no point in carrying on now that I've messed this up. Gun 2
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:47 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

I don't watch many Argentina games, but here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head...

v Portugal (Friendly)
    v Mexico (Copa America)
    In 2006 + 2010 WCs
    v USA (Friendly)
    v Costa Rica (today)

There are more out there that I can't think of right now.
    2006 WC is much exaggeration, I wonder if many people even watched it because for sure Messi wasn't all that. He was decent but it's not like without him they would be disaster.

He did say he hasn't watched many games.
    Missed that, but if you don't watch much how can you possibly come to conclusion or debate that he's not as good when playing for Argentina...but doesn't really matter now anyways.

I never argued with you about his performances for Argentina being less than with Barcelona (nobody has). But you have underrated him far too much with Argentina and implied that he is generally shit for Argentina. That's my only beef with your views.

The fact that I have watched a few Argentina matches and already seen several great performances from Messi suggests that he is not shit or even below average for Argentina as you state.
    If you say so that I have underated him then you have not seen other Argentines. But I don't think I overly underate his performances...just saying what I've seen. I don't also think I make him out to be shit, but I'd like to say Fine Shagger sometimes does exaggerate things and I think people pick up on it.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:20 pm

You exaggerate, I pick up on it then you get pissy about it.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:You exaggerate, I pick up on it then you get pissy about it.
    I get pissy? Laughing I don't exaggerate things you say...I say it the way you said it. But for me you always try to lie to others and make things worse than I said..but it's all good. Messi in Copa America. - Page 5 706492
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:01 pm

All it took is one game against an under 23 team...
    sponans
    sponans

Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by sponans Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:34 pm

sponans wrote:
    I don't even like his reserves but I definetly would play a 4-2-3-1, something like this:

Romero
    Zabaleta Burdisso Pareja Rojo
    Masche Biglia
    DiMaria Pastore/Messi Kun
    Messi/Higuain

Simples

Now fix the defense Batista
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:54 pm

sponans wrote:
    sponans wrote:
    I don't even like his reserves but I definetly would play a 4-2-3-1, something like this:

Romero
    Zabaleta Burdisso Pareja Rojo
    Masche Biglia
    DiMaria Pastore/Messi Kun
    Messi/Higuain

Messi in Copa America. - Page 5 225495

Now fix the defense Batista

Batista: "will do, sponans!"
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:20 pm

chiboygeorge wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:What has george exactly said? From what I recall he said that he has been poor in a number of games? Not far from the truth. He didn't say he wouldn't produce the goods or that he's a poor player.

He said I was wrong not to blame it on the shitty Tevéz and Lavezzi and the system. I replied that if Batista changes it he will beast, he obviously said otherwise.

He also said Messi has NEVER played well for Argentina Messi in Copa America. - Page 5 70955

Oh and he's said Kun shouldn't start for them. He's worse than fluffy.
    you are fantastic liar. Fanatic is exactly right, I dont hate messi or think hes shit....i have never said messi has NEVER played good for argentina because I always he was very good against portugal or albania.

Fabricating things to make you look good is not right atleast try and be honest.

Your first post in this thread was:

chiboygeorge wrote:Messi is/always been shit for Argentina.

/thread.

So who's the fantastic liar who is fabricating things?
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:43 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:What has george exactly said? From what I recall he said that he has been poor in a number of games? Not far from the truth. He didn't say he wouldn't produce the goods or that he's a poor player.

He said I was wrong not to blame it on the shitty Tevéz and Lavezzi and the system. I replied that if Batista changes it he will beast, he obviously said otherwise.

He also said Messi has NEVER played well for Argentina Messi in Copa America. - Page 5 70955

you are fantastic liar. Fanatic is exactly right, I dont hate messi or think hes shit....i have never said messi has NEVER played good for argentina because I always he was very good against portugal or albania.

Fabricating things to make you look good is not right atleast try and be honest.

/thread.

Yes, I said he was generally shit, but I never said he NEVER played a good game...it's like this...generally he has and odd game where he's good but overall he has been shit for Argentina is that hard to comprehend? Laughing
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:48 pm

chiboygeorge wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

/thread.

Yes, I said he was generally shit, but I never said he NEVER played a good game...it's like this...generally he has and odd game where he's good but overall he has been shit for Argentina is that hard to comprehend? Laughing

Always does not mean "generally." It means: always. As in: every time. Thus, saying "Messi has (sic) always been shit for Argentina" is the same as saying "Messi has never played well for Argentina." Maybe you'd be easier to comprehend if you used the right words.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:52 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

/thread.

Always does not mean "generally." It means: always. As in: every time. Thus, saying "Messi has (sic) always been shit for Argentina" is the same as saying "Messi has never played well for Argentina." Maybe you'd be easier to comprehend if you used the right words.
    Well I'm sorry for not using words you can't understand but what I mean is that Messi 'usually' is not good for Argentina but that doesn't mean he's had some good games. I think that's better? Messi in Copa America. - Page 5 214775
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:56 pm

chiboygeorge wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:you are fantastic liar. Fanatic is exactly right, I dont hate messi or think hes shit....i have never said messi has NEVER played good for argentina because I always he was very good against portugal or albania.

/thread.

Well I'm sorry for not using words you can't understand but what I mean is that Messi 'usually' is not good for Argentina but that doesn't mean he's had some good games. I think that's better? Messi in Copa America. - Page 5 214775

I can understand your words just fine. For example, I know the difference between "always" and "usually." "Usually" is a much better and more accurate description. And I agree to a limited extent: he has usually been sub-par against South American teams. But he gets a lot of shit because of his goal scoring record for country and I don't think it's fair. He seems to play a different role for Argentina than he does for Barca. He's more of the supplier than the finisher. He was excellent in the World Cup. He was setting guys up for sitters left and right, they just didn't always take it. He gets criticized because he didn't score, but that's not fair.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:04 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

I can understand your words just fine. For example, I know the difference between "always" and "usually." "Usually" is a much better and more accurate description. And I agree to a limited extent: he has usually been sub-par against South American teams. But he gets a lot of shit because of his goal scoring record for country and I don't think it's fair. He seems to play a different role for Argentina than he does for Barca. He's more of the supplier than the finisher. He was excellent in the World Cup. He was setting guys up for sitters left and right, they just didn't always take it. He gets criticized because he didn't score, but that's not fair.
    Everyone brings up his performance for the World Cup, I don't disagree he was great in the WC but before going to WC..Argentina where in deep shit of not qualifying and usually when a team in suffering that's when the 'real' best players show up in my opinion. Messi didn't do that and was criticize because Argentina could have not qualified if it wasn't for one game.

That saying that Messi doesn't play good against South America opponents is not just some random saying...it has roots into it...even players coming out saying Messi is no danger when they play him like he is in Barca. Laughing Most of Messi matches are against SA teams....and he hasn't played well usually in most of them...which is where I base my thought and where others base their own thought that Messi is well below par for Argentina. I don't see why some others will try and change my mind of this because he played great against Costa Rica (not even full squad but youth u-22) or that he was great in 4 WC games man.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:36 am

I have a question I should have raised a lot earlier. Has there even been an intersection of Messi playing badly and Argentina playing well?
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:41 am

Rei Andros wrote:I have a question I should have raised a lot earlier. Has there even been an intersection of Messi playing badly and Argentina playing well?
    One I remember quite well is Argentina vs Uruguay where team played nicely especially with Veron but Messi went hiding. Laughing

Also go back in 07 Copa America against Colombia, he was very much not involved in game and team played amazing.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:14 am

Well played performance by Messi the other night, that pass to Aguero (but he missed) :jerk2:

Played against children though. so.. Mischief
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Messi in Copa America. - Page 5 914411
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:36 pm

XxBradKennedyxX wrote:

Messi in Copa America. - Page 5 914411
    rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:36 pm

It wasn't funny. Neutral

Nice though.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:37 pm

It was pretty funny TBH.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:03 pm