Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
fluffy_kittens
Demoz
El Jefe
Mason
Gegilworld93
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Hernandez_14
Jordi
Carlos Jenkinson
Kuled
blackskar
Danny
Sean
ResurrectionRooney
Steadman
arsenalap11
SBSP
21 posters

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism

Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 4 Empty Re: Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism

Post by Demoz Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:44 am

Well yeah, i don't think anyone would want to walk around with white patches all around their body, might as well even it out. Some people don't get the disease to that degree though.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 4 Empty Re: Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:47 am

Stop giving him another argument shit..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:47 am

I hope the fag is caught. Highly unlikely though.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:52 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:I hope the fag is caught. Highly unlikely though.

So you're responding to racism with homophobia? Nice.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:52 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

I didn't say it to him though. But he threw the bannana.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:55 am

they're unmanly I've heard Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:02 am

Well getting bummed isn't very manly, I stand by that, that's not homophobic though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 am

ahlycotc wrote:RR saying that people who get offended by racism need to man up, yet he was throwing a fit because he was offended by my religious beliefs. Double standards?
    The fact it was religion was irrelevant, you were saying it was justifiable that people get tortured for their beliefs, which I find disgusting.

I wasn't focusing on the fact that is was religion. My point here is to show everyone your double standards. In fact, I find racism extremely more disgusting than justifying a religious belief. Someone is born in a certain race, it's not their choice. However, everyone has a right to choose their own religious belief. That is what makes it ok to criticize someone's choice. So if you want to get offended or pissed off about my religious views, fine. But don't sit there and say someone is weak for getting offended by racism.

This is just another example of your trolling. You try to make controversial statements in almost every thread.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:36 am

Why would you play in Russia?
    Full of racists.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:38 am

Adz wrote:Why would you play in Russia?
    Full of racists.

For the money probably.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:43 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    Full of racists.

For the money probably.
    Horrible League IMO. Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:44 am

Adz wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    Full of racists.

For the money probably.
    Horrible League IMO. Sad

Same as a lot of foreign countries.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:04 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:RR saying that people who get offended by racism need to man up, yet he was throwing a fit because he was offended by my religious beliefs. Double standards?
    The fact it was religion was irrelevant, you were saying it was justifiable that people get tortured for their beliefs, which I find disgusting.

I wasn't focusing on the fact that is was religion. My point here is to show everyone your double standards. In fact, I find racism extremely more disgusting than justifying a religious belief. Someone is born in a certain race, it's not their choice. However, everyone has a right to choose their own religious belief. That is what makes it ok to criticize someone's choice. So if you want to get offended or pissed off about my religious views, fine. But don't sit there and say someone is weak for getting offended by racism.

This is just another example of your trolling. You try to make controversial statements in almost every thread.

It depends what your 'religious' belief is, if you believe that God has decreed that Black people are inferior because it says in your Koran or Bible or whatever, that's worse than if you've drawn the conclusion from scientific research. The fact is is a religious belief doesn't give it any justification.

I don't care that whether you think people deserve to be tortured because you think God says it, or because it's your own weird view. Makes no difference to me, you decide your views on right and wrong, not God.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:08 am

Id only ever play in Ireland, England or Scotland tbh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:10 am

Adz wrote:Id only ever play in Ireland, England or Scotland tbh.

This.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:21 am

ahlycotc wrote:

It depends what your 'religious' belief is, if you believe that God has decreed that Black people are inferior because it says in your Koran or Bible or whatever, that's worse than if you've drawn the conclusion from scientific research. The fact is is a religious belief doesn't give it any justification.

I don't care that whether you think people deserve to be tortured because you think God says it, or because it's your own weird view. Makes no difference to me, you decide your views on right and wrong, not God.

If my religion said black people were inferior, then that would be wrong. Black people are born black. They don't get to choose their skin color before they are born. However, your choice to not believe in a God is just that - a choice. I believe a person should be judged on their choices, not their predetermined physical appearances.

So let me repeat myself. If you think my religious beliefs offend you (and you have every right to have your own opinion on my beliefs/choices), then you should be even more offended by racism. Don't say Roberto Carlos is weak for being offended by racism when you yourself are offended by my religious beliefs.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:22 am

I would play in all European countries. Coffee
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:27 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

If my religion said black people were inferior, then that would be wrong. Black people are born black. They don't get to choose their skin color before they are born. However, your choice to not believe in a God is just that - a choice. I believe a person should be judged on their choices, not their predetermined physical appearances.

So let me repeat myself. If you think my religious beliefs offend you (and you have every right to have your own opinion on my beliefs/choices), then you should be even more offended by racism. Don't say Roberto Carlos is weak for being offended by racism when you yourself are offended by my religious beliefs.

The difference is that I wouldn't walk off the fucking pitch if I saw my opponent praying (although I do think that's unsporting conduct, but that's another debate).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:28 am

Mr Leiva wrote:

I would play in all European countries. Coffee
    Each to there own.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:31 am

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 4 610x
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:31 am

Also, if I was playing Africa earning thousands of pounds a fucking week based on my reputation, I wouldn't care if the whole stadium was chanting 'White Motherfucker' or 'Whites are inferior' at me, they're entitled to their opinion.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:32 am

JMB_94 wrote:Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 4 610x
    I don't agree with that, I think it's unsporting, but hey ho, I'm not going to stop watching games because of it.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:33 am

RR thinks that's unsporting? rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:35 am

I don't agree with that, I think it's unsporting, but hey ho, I'm not going to stop watching games because of it.

How is that unsporting?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:37 am

If he's praying for God to help him play well then I think that is unsporting, because he is trying to get external help to have a good game. I wouldn't call it cheating because I don't think there is any external help going on, but the intent is apparently there to gain an unfair advantage.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:39 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:If he's praying for God to help him play well then I think that is unsporting, because he is trying to get external help to have a good game. I wouldn't call it cheating because I don't think there is any external help going on, but the intent is apparently there to gain an unfair advantage.
    Just wow...

So is looking up to sky with your hands together, or making a quick sign of the cross during a game is unsporting? Neutral
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:40 am

Oh look Danny disagreeing again Rolling Eyes

What a surprise. I think he just does it to be awkward whistle
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:40 am

It is quite unfair if one player has help from the Almighty and all the others don't in my view.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:43 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Oh look Danny disagreeing again Rolling Eyes

What a surprise. I think he just does it to be awkward whistle
    facepalm

Anyway, I don't agree RR. I believe in God, and I don't think praying to him before/during a game is going to make any difference at all. Maybe it gives the player some sort of extra belief or confidence. Is that an unfair advantage? Na.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:43 am

Danny wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:If he's praying for God to help him play well then I think that is unsporting, because he is trying to get external help to have a good game. I wouldn't call it cheating because I don't think there is any external help going on, but the intent is apparently there to gain an unfair advantage.
    Just wow...

So is looking up to sky with your hands together, or making a quick sign of the cross during a game is unsporting? Neutral

Do you wanna read his post again?

He clearly didn't say it was because of that, he said it's because Hernandez is intent trying to gain an unfair advantage by praying to god. I can see where RR's point, but obviously what Hernandez is doing is flatout ridiculous and therefore i wouldn't class it as unsporting behaviour. He can pray to his flying spaghetti monster all he wants, it's not going to help his performances.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:35 pm