Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
fluffy_kittens
Demoz
El Jefe
Mason
Gegilworld93
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Hernandez_14
Jordi
Carlos Jenkinson
Kuled
blackskar
Danny
Sean
ResurrectionRooney
Steadman
arsenalap11
SBSP
21 posters

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 2 Empty Re: Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:57 am

Schizophrenics have suffered awful treatment historically, did Andy Goram walk off the pitch when there was a nasty chant aimed at him over his illness? No, because he's not pathetic and weak. If we keep treating racism like some sort of hallowed territory people are going to keep believing it is so much worse than anything else, and people who quite rightly have a problem, like gingers, will just get laughed at when they complain.
    Danny
    Danny

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 2 Empty Re: Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism

Post by Danny Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:02 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Schizophrenics have suffered awful treatment historically, did Andy Goram walk off the pitch when there was a nasty chant aimed at him over his illness? No, because he's not pathetic and weak. If we keep treating racism like some sort of hallowed territory people are going to keep believing it is so much worse than anything else, and people who quite rightly have a problem, like gingers, will just get laughed at when they complain.
    You're an idiot. Did you know that? Neutral
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:03 am

obviously all sorts of abuse is wrong but I dont see why racism towards a player is worse than jew chants to us and calling wenger a peado or something
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:07 am

Danny wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Schizophrenics have suffered awful treatment historically, did Andy Goram walk off the pitch when there was a nasty chant aimed at him over his illness? No, because he's not pathetic and weak. If we keep treating racism like some sort of hallowed territory people are going to keep believing it is so much worse than anything else, and people who quite rightly have a problem, like gingers, will just get laughed at when they complain.
    You're an idiot. Did you know that? Neutral

There is no idiot alive who has achieved what I have achieved.

I would say it is you who is the idiot, and is not intelligent enough to understand what I'm saying, otherwise you would present a factual argument which takes apart my posts. Indeed, if you're right, and I am an idiot whereas you are not, you should find this very easy. I look forward to reading your comprehensive rebuttal of my posts.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:08 am

I'd only be repeating what Fonesca's said, because for once, he's right.

You're being a knob.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:11 am

Braad wrote:Exactly why Russia shouldnt have the WC.
    this, wouldn't happen in England, as long as we're not talking about Spurs fans Rolling Eyes
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:15 am

No matter where you host the World Cup, they'll always be racism. Neutral Stupid comment tbh.

Last edited by Liverpool on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:15 am

Danny wrote:I'd only be repeating what Fonesca's said, because for once, he's right.

You're being a knob.

If you have nothing to contribute other than mindless abuse and 'I agree' then you should refrain from posting, you are not adding anything to the debate, you're just trying to cause pointless arguments about who is an idiot and who is not, or perhaps try to ingratiate yourself with other members by attempting to make look like a fool.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:17 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Danny wrote:I'd only be repeating what Fonesca's said, because for once, he's right.

You're being a knob.

If you have nothing to contribute other than mindless abuse and 'I agree' then you should refrain from posting, you are not adding anything to the debate, you're just trying to cause pointless arguments about who is an idiot and who is not, or perhaps try to ingratiate yourself with other members by attempting to make look like a fool.
    Yeah, all right.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:23 am

Seriously RR, you've seen a topic where you can voice your controversial opinion, trying to wind people up.

This is completely different from discriminating against schizphrenism or hair colour, Roberto Carlos is not "weak" because he quitted the match, he gets racially abused week in week out by some Russian bastards, every normal person would do what he did.
    He wanted to spend the harvest of his career in Russia, not get racial abuse every game he plays in, simply because of his skin colour.

Would you call Zoro and Eto cowards as well because they couldn't bear the racism of opposing fans in Italy and Spain?
    Racism need to be kicked the fuck out of football, what you do is condemning it, nothing else.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:30 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:Seriously RR, you've seen a topic where you can voice your controversial opinion, trying to wind people up.

This is completely different from discriminating against schizphrenism or hair colour, Roberto Carlos is not "weak" because he quitted the match, he gets racially abused week in week out by some Russian bastards, every normal person would do what he did.
    He wanted to spend the harvest of his career in Russia, not get racial abuse every game he plays in, simply because of his skin colour.

Would you call Zoro and Eto cowards as well because they couldn't bear the racism of opposing fans in Italy and Spain?
    Racism need to be kicked the fuck out of football, what you do is condemning it, nothing else.

I'm going to ignore your baseless accusations.

It's not different from discrimination against hair colour or suffering from schizophrenia, hair colour is like skin colour in that it's something you're born with which is often inherited from your family, and Schizophrenia can have a terrible impact on ones life, being mocked for that is much worse that being racially abused in my opinion.

Yes, I would, the best way to defeat a bully or someone trying to insult you is to ignore them, not show them how upset you are. It's a pathetic response, and its spitting in the faces of all the people who paid to go and watch the match.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:59 am

Fucking shocking.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:00 am

Jela, how would you feel if you went to a Celtic/Rangers match, and a Celtic player got abused in a sectarian way, and walked off the pitch as a result, forcing the game to be halted?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:06 am

Racism goes on in every country, and a lot goes on in England which goes on unreported.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:39 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:Seriously RR, you've seen a topic where you can voice your controversial opinion, trying to wind people up.

It's not different from discrimination against hair colour or suffering from schizophrenia, hair colour is like skin colour in that it's something you're born with which is often inherited from your family, and Schizophrenia can have a terrible impact on ones life, being mocked for that is much worse that being racially abused in my opinion.

Yes, I would, the best way to defeat a bully or someone trying to insult you is to ignore them, not show them how upset you are. It's a pathetic response, and its spitting in the faces of all the people who paid to go and watch the match.
    I'm going to ignore you but before I do I'll write 2 paragraphs in response...
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:52 am

Jay wrote:

The baseless accusations only made up the first paragraph of the post shithead! I ignored them and responded to the rest.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:57 am

If any of our players were racially abused, I'd applaud them for leaving the pitch. In fact, I'd expect the team to follow suit. Racism has no place in society, yet alone football.

He's not weak, he's making a stand. RR, if you were being constantly abused at your place of work, would you just sit there and take it?
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:57 am

You're being a knob.

Seems to be a recurring theme think

He can't say anything more, my first post answered his question and he's still trying to justify it
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:17 am

Jay wrote:

Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:32 am

Dan wrote:If any of our players were racially abused, I'd applaud them for leaving the pitch. In fact, I'd expect the team to follow suit. Racism has no place in society, yet alone football.

He's not weak, he's making a stand. RR, if you were being constantly abused at your place of work, would you just sit there and take it?

I agree that racism has no place in society, let alone in football, but neither does abuse for other genetic features such as gingerness. If we're going to just ignore things like that, then we should do the same for racism. If we're going to have players walk off the pitch for genetic criticism, it's highly unfair to only do it for the colour of one's skin.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:10 am

RR saying that people who get offended by racism need to man up, yet he was throwing a fit because he was offended by my religious beliefs. Double standards?
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:14 am

[quote="ResurrectionRooney"]

Not trying to be funny, but you could always change the color of your hair, but not your skin.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:19 am

When you make fun of someone's hair, you're just making fun of them. But when you make fun of someone's skin colour, you're making fun of their whole ancestry. Most of these jokes about black people are making fun of how they were treated as slaves and during segregation.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:23 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    this, wouldn't happen in England, as long as we're not talking about Spurs fans Rolling Eyes

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 2 671343
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:33 am

SBSP wrote:When you make fun of someone's hair, you're just making fun of them. But when you make fun of someone's skin colour, you're making fun of their whole ancestry. Most of these jokes about black people are making fun of how they were treated as slaves and during segregation.

Black people aren't the only victims of racism.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:34 am

Isn't that what we were talking about though? Neutral
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:36 am

Jay wrote:

The baseless accusations only made up the first paragraph of the post shithead! I ignored them and responded to the rest.
    It was a joke. No need for personal abuse. Reported.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:37 am

Dan wrote:If any of our players were racially abused, I'd applaud them for leaving the pitch. In fact, I'd expect the team to follow suit. Racism has no place in society, yet alone football.

I agree that racism has no place in society, let alone in football, but neither does abuse for other genetic features such as gingerness. If we're going to just ignore things like that, then we should do the same for racism. If we're going to have players walk off the pitch for genetic criticism, it's highly unfair to only do it for the colour of one's skin.

Answer my question please.

Any player has the right to walk off the pitch if they are abused. Just because not many do, doesn't make them wrong.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:38 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 2 671343
    Laughing
    Well it happens everywhere, but at the CL quarterfinal they sung abusive monkey chants towards Adebayor.
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Post by Kelloggg8 Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:43 am

Russia, he should leave that country to make a statement.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:24 pm