Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
fluffy_kittens
Demoz
El Jefe
Mason
Gegilworld93
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Hernandez_14
Jordi
Carlos Jenkinson
Kuled
blackskar
Danny
Sean
ResurrectionRooney
Steadman
arsenalap11
SBSP
21 posters

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism

Danny
    Danny

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 3 Empty Re: Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism

Post by Danny Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:46 am

I like the way after I called RR a prick, he said no need for the insult. Few days ago he called me a dickhead, and he just called someone a shithead.

Bellend. Neutral
    Anonymous

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 3 Empty Re: Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:48 am

Danny wrote:I like the way after I called RR a prick, he said no need for the insult. Few days ago he called me a dickhead, and he just called someone a shithead.

Bellend. Neutral

be quiet, simpleton.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:49 am

Mr Leiva wrote:
    Danny wrote:I like the way after I called RR a prick, he said no need for the insult. Few days ago he called me a dickhead, and he just called someone a shithead.

Bellend. Neutral

be quiet, simpleton.
    Cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:50 am

Danny wrote:
    Mr Leiva wrote:

Bellend. Neutral

be quiet, simpleton.
    Cunt.

gay
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:51 am

Bellend. Neutral
    I witnessed this..

You were being a dickhead.

Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:51 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

Bellend. Neutral
    I witnessed this..

Not really. Neutral
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:55 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Braad wrote:Exactly why Russia shouldnt have the WC.
    this, wouldn't happen in England, as long as we're not talking about Spurs fans Rolling Eyes

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 3 671343
    Laughing
    Well it happens everywhere, but at the CL quarterfinal they sung abusive monkey chants towards Adebayor.
    Arsenal fans sang abusive and borderline racist chants towards Adebayor as well. Neutral
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:56 am

Danny wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

Bellend. Neutral
    I witnessed this..

Not really. Neutral

If we'd kept Beckham we'd still have got Ronaldo, he'd just have played on the left instead.
    Didn't have Giggs or anything did we... Neutral

Cut the sarcastic shit dickhead, we didn't sign Ronaldo to be a first choice player on the right, we wouldn't have signed him to be a first choice player on the left. The reason Ferguson felt he could sell Beckham was that Solskjaer had put in some outstanding performances on the right hand side in the latter half of that season, forcing Beckham out of the team for all of the big games. People think he sold Beckham because they had an argument, he didn't, Beckham was out of the team on merit. Given that you were only 9 or 10 at the time I reckon this sailed above your head.

Yes it was. Neutral

fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:58 am

Steadman wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    this, wouldn't happen in England, as long as we're not talking about Spurs fans Rolling Eyes

Laughing
    Well it happens everywhere, but at the CL quarterfinal they sung abusive monkey chants towards Adebayor.
    Arsenal fans sang abusive and borderline racist chants towards Adebayor as well. Neutral

Man U fans hit Craig Bellamy with a fucking bottle but they're Man U so you know what happened
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:59 am

Steadman wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:

Laughing
    If your on about the elephant song, that's not racist in my eyes and I'm black Neutral
    Spurs fans though were making monkey noises, that is defo racist.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:01 am

ahlycotc wrote:RR saying that people who get offended by racism need to man up, yet he was throwing a fit because he was offended by my religious beliefs. Double standards?
    The fact it was religion was irrelevant, you were saying it was justifiable that people get tortured for their beliefs, which I find disgusting.
    [quote="10RLegend"]
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:Seriously RR, you've seen a topic where you can voice your controversial opinion, trying to wind people up.

This is completely different from discriminating against schizphrenism or hair colour, Roberto Carlos is not "weak" because he quitted the match, he gets racially abused week in week out by some Russian bastards, every normal person would do what he did.
    He wanted to spend the harvest of his career in Russia, not get racial abuse every game he plays in, simply because of his skin colour.

Not trying to be funny, but you could always change the color of your hair, but not your skin.
    Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 3 Michael_jackson_deadRoberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 3 Michael-jackson%20profile_7

You shouldn't have to though, in any area.
    SBSP wrote:When you make fun of someone's hair, you're just making fun of them. But when you make fun of someone's skin colour, you're making fun of their whole ancestry. Most of these jokes about black people are making fun of how they were treated as slaves and during segregation.
    Chucking a banana's not doing that though, is it?
    Dan wrote:
    Dan wrote:If any of our players were racially abused, I'd applaud them for leaving the pitch. In fact, I'd expect the team to follow suit. Racism has no place in society, yet alone football.

He's not weak, he's making a stand. RR, if you were being constantly abused at your place of work, would you just sit there and take it?

I agree that racism has no place in society, let alone in football, but neither does abuse for other genetic features such as gingerness. If we're going to just ignore things like that, then we should do the same for racism. If we're going to have players walk off the pitch for genetic criticism, it's highly unfair to only do it for the colour of one's skin.

Answer my question please.

Any player has the right to walk off the pitch if they are abused. Just because not many do, doesn't make them wrong.

OK, I will answer your question - I'm a student so I don't have a place of work. If I was being abused in my last place of work, I would not stand for it, and I take your point on that. However, if I decided to become a professional footballer, particularly a high profile one, I would expect to receive abuse from opposition fans if I did well, indeed I would see it as a compliment. Further, I'd expect that any aspect of my character or physicality that they could use to get under my skin, they would do. If I had ginger hair, big teeth, was very ugly or overweight, I would expect them to abuse me for that, if I was black I would also expect it.

If Sidwell walked off the pitch because someone called him a ginger cunt would you applaud him?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:02 am

Steadman wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:

Laughing

They wished they hadn't though

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 3 Emmanuel_adebayor_1485192c

That is what Roberto Carlos should have done.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:03 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:

Laughing
    If your on about the elephant song, that's not racist in my eyes and I'm black Neutral
    Spurs fans though were making monkey noises, that is defo racist.
    Our 'fans' threw bananas at him. Neutral

Not racist?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:03 am

And got himself killed?
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:04 am

Steadman wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:

Laughing

They wished they hadn't though

Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 3 Emmanuel_adebayor_1485192c

That is what Roberto Carlos should have done.
    Neither Adebayor or that small section of Arsenal fans were in the right that day. Both acted like pricks.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:06 am

Bullshit, Adebayor was completely in the right.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:06 am

Inzhagi, bit of sarcasm makes me a dickhead? rofl

Fuck off.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:07 am

I can see a black guy in that section Smile
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:08 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Bullshit, Adebayor was completely in the right.
    In regards to his stamp on Robin van Persie? Neutral
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:08 am

Danny wrote:Inzhagi, bit of sarcasm makes me a dickhead? rofl

Fuck off.
    1. It is disrespectful to spell my name wrong.
    2. You always seem to disagree with intelligent posters immaturely, you had this same problem with LiamB but he was too kind and ignored it.
    3. Yes. It does make you a dickhead.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:09 am

Fuck off.

You were behaving like a dick-head, I stand by that. Your sarcasm was an attempt to make me look stupid, something you do a lot but always seem to fail in, to be honest it's getting a bit boring now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:09 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

Fuck off.
    1. It is disrespectful to spell my name wrong.
    2. You always seem to disagree with intelligent posters immaturely, you had this same problem with LiamB but he was too kind and ignored it.
    3. Yes. It does make you a dickhead.

rofl
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:09 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:I can see a black guy in that section Smile
    And that makes it alright?
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:15 am

Steadman wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:I can see a black guy in that section Smile
    And that makes it alright?
    just means it got nothing to do with his race, it was the way he behaved that day.
    They just tried to find an target for their insults, which is sadly going for his colour Neutral
    Carlos did nothing wrong, they are just racist.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:16 am

I still find that Adebayor celebration funny, I'd definitely have done the same.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:17 am

Steadman wrote:

Ah no, that was very wrong, but the celebration I wholeheartedly agree with.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:19 am

Dan wrote:
    Dan wrote:If any of our players were racially abused, I'd applaud them for leaving the pitch. In fact, I'd expect the team to follow suit. Racism has no place in society, yet alone football.

He's not weak, he's making a stand. RR, if you were being constantly abused at your place of work, would you just sit there and take it?

I agree that racism has no place in society, let alone in football, but neither does abuse for other genetic features such as gingerness. If we're going to just ignore things like that, then we should do the same for racism. If we're going to have players walk off the pitch for genetic criticism, it's highly unfair to only do it for the colour of one's skin.

Answer my question please.

Any player has the right to walk off the pitch if they are abused. Just because not many do, doesn't make them wrong.

OK, I will answer your question - I'm a student so I don't have a place of work. If I was being abused in my last place of work, I would not stand for it, and I take your point on that. However, if I decided to become a professional footballer, particularly a high profile one, I would expect to receive abuse from opposition fans if I did well, indeed I would see it as a compliment. Further, I'd expect that any aspect of my character or physicality that they could use to get under my skin, they would do. If I had ginger hair, big teeth, was very ugly or overweight, I would expect them to abuse me for that, if I was black I would also expect it.

If Sidwell walked off the pitch because someone called him a ginger cunt would you applaud him?

Yes, I would if it's continual. Nobody deserves abuse.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:22 am

Steadman wrote:

Ah no, that was very wrong, but the celebration I wholeheartedly agree with.
    Fair enough. I can definitely understand why he did what he did, although he lost my respect for him long before the incident that night.
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:35 am

[quote="ResurrectionRooney"]
    ahlycotc wrote:RR saying that people who get offended by racism need to man up, yet he was throwing a fit because he was offended by my religious beliefs. Double standards?
    The fact it was religion was irrelevant, you were saying it was justifiable that people get tortured for their beliefs, which I find disgusting.
    10RLegend wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:Seriously RR, you've seen a topic where you can voice your controversial opinion, trying to wind people up.

This is completely different from discriminating against schizphrenism or hair colour, Roberto Carlos is not "weak" because he quitted the match, he gets racially abused week in week out by some Russian bastards, every normal person would do what he did.
    He wanted to spend the harvest of his career in Russia, not get racial abuse every game he plays in, simply because of his skin colour.

Not trying to be funny, but you could always change the color of your hair, but not your skin.
    Roberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 3 Michael_jackson_deadRoberto Carlos Quits Match Over Racism - Page 3 Michael-jackson%20profile_7

This is completely different, it's well known he had a skin disease that he couldn't control.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:36 am

Yeah, but the skin disease didn't cause all that, he had white patches so he decided he might as well just bleach it all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:33 pm