Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
The Zlatan
Grenade
Dean
Mason
Keanoo
Danny
Kuled
Hernandez_14
Laurencio
ResurrectionRooney
Barton
arsenalap11
Coatsy
Steadman
Theo Filippo
Ben
Zzonked
Cadbury
blackskar
crump
24 posters

Playmaker's Best Premier League Team - CM - VOTE

blackskar
    blackskar

Playmaker's Best Premier League Team - CM - VOTE - Page 4 Empty Re: Playmaker's Best Premier League Team - CM - VOTE

Post by blackskar Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:33 am

Dean wrote:Well crump? Explain yourself? I'd love to here what you've got to say? Laughing

Why does he need to explain himself to you?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Playmaker's Best Premier League Team - CM - VOTE - Page 4 Empty Re: Playmaker's Best Premier League Team - CM - VOTE

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:34 am

kyro7 wrote:
    SBSP wrote:DM - Vieira
    AM - Scholes
    Why are you putting AM and DM, just put them as both Central Midfielders. Neutral
    Because I chose one defensive and one attacking out of the ones given. Dry Smile
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:34 am

I think a lot of you have taken the positions of the players a little to seriously. Are we doing this on what would be the most realistic and challenge for trophies team, or just a dream team?
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:35 am

Dean wrote:Well crump? Explain yourself? I'd love to here what you've got to say? Laughing

Centre Foward.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:35 am

ZlatanFabregas wrote:I think a lot of you have taken the positions of the players a little to seriously. Are we doing this on what would be the most realistic and challenge for trophies team, or just a dream team?
    Dream team.
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:35 am

crump wrote:

Centre Foward.

How is Gerrard a CF? Playmaker's Best Premier League Team - CM - VOTE - Page 4 70955 Playmaker's Best Premier League Team - CM - VOTE - Page 4 70955
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:35 am

ZlatanFabregas wrote:I think a lot of you have taken the positions of the players a little to seriously. Are we doing this on what would be the most realistic and challenge for trophies team, or just a dream team?

Dream team obviously. Challenge for trophies would be ManUtd teams over the years Awesome Face
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:36 am

crump wrote:

Centre Foward.
    You do have to admit, that is very idiotic. When has Gerrard ever played CF, ever?
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:36 am

SBSP wrote:DM - Vieira
    AM - Scholes
    If i'm going to be picky, Vieira was a box-to-box midfielder while Scholes was a deep-lying central midfielder.

Hide
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:36 am

SBSP wrote:
    Dream team.

So why are people being little bitches about what position so and so plays? Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:37 am

I think I have found a way to solve all of this

Call the poll to decide strikers Central Attackers, no-one can argue with this. We have established that Gerrard is at his best when he is the centre, and when he is playing in the centre, he is certainly best when he is used as an attacking player. Therefore he is a central attacker. Strikers are also Central Attackers, so it is normal to have them in the same poll.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:37 am

SBSP wrote:
    crump wrote:

Centre Foward.
    You do have to admit, that is very idiotic. When has Gerrard ever played CF, ever?

2006/07, 2007/08, 2008/09
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:38 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    SBSP wrote:
    crump wrote:

Centre Foward.

Simples He play as AM

fool.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:38 am

crump wrote:
    Scott wrote:You're shit at this btw, RR had the right idea of how to do this. Make 1 poll with all the names. Whoever wins that is the first of the pair. Re-do the poll afterwards with the winner of the last poll removed, and whoever wins the new poll is the second of the pair. Not hard you fucking retard.

Yo yo yo yo
    My name is Scott, I reckon I'm cool, I think I'm the one who's walking tall
    But really your just a silly little fool who supprorts Liverpool
    Haha, 16 bars you said in the Playmaker Battles, the only bars you'll be spitting are the ones made my Mars
    Your getting butthurt over a Playmaker Poll, reckons CM is how Gerrard rolls
    Calling me a retard but your just a big lump of lard who reckons he's hard
    So instead of getting butt hurt because of a poll why not just chill out and have a lol.

What the fuck. doh

Viera and scholes
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 am

I think people are getting mixed up between the terms center forward and a second striker/attacking midfielder. Some people use the term center forward to describe tall, strong advanced strikers such as Shearer, while others use the term center forward and second striker as the same meaning.

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 am

Zzonked wrote:
    arsenalap11 wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:So basically, Gerrard isn't going to be any of the polls?

End of the day, the position in a 4-4-2 that suits him post is CM.

No, he'll be in the secondary striker poll.

So we're doing that to accommodate basically him and Bergkamp?

I'd rather just have a 2 striker poll so people like RVN and Shearer can compete against Henry.

I expect that will be what will happen, the vote for strikers will be done similarly to this poll, people will have the option of selecting two out and out strikers, an out and out striker and a SS, or even two SSs, might get the best out of Ronaldo.

In that case shouldn't Gerrard be in the CM poll so he can actually be in one of the polls?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 am

SBSP wrote:
    crump wrote:

Centre Foward.

That's ot really CF.That's still CAM. The position he's played for the majority of his career is CM.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 am

NZG wrote:
    SBSP wrote:
    crump wrote:

Centre Foward.

Simples He play as AM

fool.

Can you explain to me what the difference is between those two roles?
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:40 am

Steadman wrote:I think people are getting mixed up between the terms center forward and a second striker/attacking midfielder. Some people use the term center forward to describe tall, strong advanced strikers such as Shearer, while others use the term center forward and second striker as the same meaning.

I think some people don't understand that a centre forward is in fact a classic 9 Neutral There's no mixup, people just have it wrong. I don't think he's a second striker either though.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:41 am

NZG wrote:
    SBSP wrote:
    crump wrote:

Centre Foward.

Simples He play as AM

fool.

Can you explain to me what the difference is between those two roles?

that man utd just said what a cf was Razz
    (the other thread about useless shit)
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:43 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Steadman wrote:I think people are getting mixed up between the terms center forward and a second striker/attacking midfielder. Some people use the term center forward to describe tall, strong advanced strikers such as Shearer, while others use the term center forward and second striker as the same meaning.

I think some people don't understand that a centre forward is in fact a classic 9 Neutral There's no mixup, people just have it wrong. I don't think he's a second striker either though.
    Some people have different terminology for these sorts of things, that's why this discussion keeps going around in circles.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:53 am

You're fucking thick crump. Gerrard's never played as a centre forward. Gerrard was deployed in a specific role under Benitez, in front of 2 stationary central midfielder's, basically a free role- That enabled him on attacks, to get forward on counter attacks and support the striker, help the 2 central midfielder's when defending and was an extra body in the centre of pitch when in possession. So how the fuck that classes his as a centre forward I'll never know.

I've watched Gerrard week in week out for the last 8 years of my life so I don't need to some fucking kid Arsenal fan telling me where his 'best' position is or where he played etc... if there's anyone person on this forum who knows the ins and outs of Steven Gerrard it's me. (I'm not being arrogant here, but it's the truth).

Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:53 am

Steadman wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Some people have different terminology for these sorts of things, that's why this discussion keeps going around in circles.

Well they can stop being silly. Centre forwards are not Second Strikers, just as much as Second Strikers are not attacking midfielders. Next people will be saying Sweepers are advanced goalkeepers and defensive midfielders are really just centrebacks Neutral
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:54 am

blackskar wrote:

What? Well he's making silly errors, so I want an explanation on it. You know, being a football discussion board and all that... Rolling Eyes
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:55 am

Dean wrote:
    blackskar wrote:

What? Well he's making silly errors, so I want an explanation on it. You know, being a football discussion board and all that... Rolling Eyes

Shut up.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:56 am

Dean wrote:You're fucking thick crump. Gerrard's never played as a centre forward. Gerrard was deployed in a specific role under Benitez, in front of 2 stationary central midfielder's, basically a free role- That enabled him on attacks, to get forward on counter attacks and support the striker, help the 2 central midfielder's when defending and was an extra body in the centre of pitch when in possession. So how the fuck that classes his as a centre forward I'll never know.

I've watched Gerrard week in week out for the last 8 years of my life so I don't need to some fucking kid Arsenal fan telling me where his 'best' position is or where he played etc... if there's anyone person on this forum who knows the ins and outs of Steven Gerrard it's me. (I'm not being arrogant here, but it's the truth).

Why get so mad over it? Why not just vote for him as a second striker? It's pretty obvious where he would play if it came out like, for example

----Schmeichel

Neville Vidic Adams Cole

Ronaldo Scholes Vieira Giggs

Gerrard Henry

No-one is going to get confused and think Gerrard is playing as a central striker, he'd obviously be in a free role. I think you're just angry because you don't think he's good enough to get in as a SS.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:57 am

Dean wrote:You're fucking thick crump. Gerrard's never played as a centre forward. Gerrard was deployed in a specific role under Benitez, in front of 2 stationary central midfielder's, basically a free role- That enabled him on attacks, to get forward on counter attacks and support the striker, help the 2 central midfielder's when defending and was an extra body in the centre of pitch when in possession. So how the fuck that classes his as a centre forward I'll never know.

Why get so mad over it? Why not just vote for him as a second striker? It's pretty obvious where he would play if it came out like, for example

----Schmeichel

Neville Vidic Adams Cole

Gerrard Henry

No-one is going to get confused and think Gerrard is playing as a central striker, he'd obviously be in a free role. I think you're just angry because you don't think he's good enough to get in as a SS.

Guess whos just hit the nail on the fucking head.
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:58 am

crump wrote:

----Schmeichel

Neville Vidic Adams Cole

Gerrard Henry

Guess whos just hit the nail on the fucking head.

Hmmm, this is a hard one, RR?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:58 am

As usual.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:59 am

Dean wrote:
    blackskar wrote:

Eh I wouldn't blame him, it's not like Liverpool fans have been particulary cooperative with these polls. With voting for Konchesky, Riise and Johnson being some of the wonderful highlights.

Personally I don't think he would make it for Central Midfield even, but I still disagree with him being classified as a second striker. How is he a Totti, Del Piero, Diego Maradona, Messi type of player?

Last edited by Laurencio on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:21 pm