Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Barton
Drake
Hernandez_14
menalawyerguy
ShakerMatty
Jordi
Potato-7
Simonc89
dena
Dean
RubyArmyCTFC
Scuba Steve
Lux
birminghamcity79
Pippo
Jamie
fluffy_kittens
Theo Filippo
Danny
Sean
Coatsy
Fanatic
Ricardo
The Zlatan
SBSP
Cadbury
30 posters

Your Earliest Football Memory

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Earliest Football Memory

Post by Lux Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:45 am

Sean wrote:It isnt? shifty

Same Laughing

I just thought Lazio were good back then and they used to say it shifty

Last edited by Lux on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:45 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Watching Ronaldo on Sundays for Inter. Love

Back when Serie A was on Channel 4.

Saturday morning, they'd have the review show on? The guy the baldy head. cheers

Sunday afternoon, they'd have a game on. Just before the 4 o'clock Premier League game.

That's why I've always grown up having a soft spot for Serie A and Italian Football in general, as I grew up watching it a lot.

EDIT: Already been mentioned by Aaron.

Last edited by Francis Albert on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:47 am

1994 WC, Italy - Ireland. First game I went to as well.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:48 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    Aaron wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:Watching Ronaldo on Sundays for Inter. Love

Back when Serie A was on Channel 4.
    When Serie A was on 5 a few seasons ago. Mischief

It was shit then.

Channel 4 Football Italia was amazing. James Richardson not worthy

I used to watch the highlight show I'm sure it was on a Saturday morning. Had some really loud opening credits, can't remember exactly what it was though. Laughing

Then a match on a Sunday afternoon. Del Piero. Cool

GOLLLLLLLLLLACCCCCCCCCCCIO

I always thought it was "Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal Lazio" Laughing

EDIT: Already been mentioned as well.

Kunts. Fuck you

Last edited by Francis Albert on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:50 am

I still thought it was Goal Lazio until now Sad
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:59 am

Think everyone did Laughing
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:19 pm

My First Final:

Part 1

It was Liverpool V Birmingham, Worthington Cup Final 2000/2001 season, the season we did the treble. I was 9 years old. It'd been a hot sunny day in Liverpool, I was in year 4. I'd been to school that day, I stayed afterwords for football training. And I got home, I was sweating, we'd been playing on the field. My older Sister was in, I asked where my Mum and Dad were, she said my Mum had gone to pick my Dad up from work and that they'd be back soon. So I immediately dropped by school bag, flung my horrendous horrific Rockport school shoes off my feet (Honestly, they were fucking awful, ran upstairs, undone a few buttons of my top then pulled it off over my head and quick as I could put my Liverpool Kit on and my trainers on and eventfully ran down the stairs, whooshed out the door in a flash and ran over to my mates who playing heads and volleys against Mrs.Davidson's privets.

I was playing, having fun, doing what any normal 9 year old did round the streets of Liverpool, playing football. I then seen the car coming down the road, my Mum and Dad had parked up the path and my Dad shouted me in "Deano, come here a sec mate, got something for you"

I ran swiftly thinking "Oh he's probably got me some chocolate or something". I got in panting, wondering what I was about to be given. My Dad said "I've got a bit of bad news mate, I'm going to the cup final in February, I've only got one ticket, so you can't go, I'm sorry" He showed me the thick grey ticket. My eyes filled up a bit, I said "It's ok Dad" I was trying be valiant in defeat, when in reality, I was fucking guttered. I began to walk out the door and my Dad called me "But guess what, I'VE GOT TWO!!!"

And he whipped another ticket out his pocket, I could see clearly he had two tickets in his hand, but I refused to believe it. "Am I going Dad, have you really got two tickets, am I going to Cardiff, really?"

To which my Dad replied "Deano, me and you are going to Cardiff son, we're going to watch the REDMEN lift the cup"

I was just ecstatic, jumping round everywhere, I grabbed the two tickets of the table and just stared looking at them for ages and then ran out shouting to my best mate "John, John, I'm going to Cardiff, I'm going the final"

I was running over to my mates, jumping everywhere like a loonball (I was genuinely a crazy kid any way, yeah... I was one of them) Any way my antics seen me nearly get ran over crossing the road, car slammed on and beeped it's horn at it's loudest. I ran over showing my mates the tickets, they were all amazed too.

It was special moment. Problem was, this was in January, so it was a fair few weeks to the final still, must of been the longest few weeks of my life, the endless hours in school, I put a Liverpool calendar up in my room to count the days down, seemed to slow. But slowly but surely February 27th 2001, gradually descended.

Part 2 coming soon.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Rockport shoes Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 4 70955 Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 4 70955 Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 4 70955 ahh, been there before.
    Decent read btw.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:33 pm

Being on holiday in Spain as a whippersnapper, seeing the Camp Nou museum and buying one of those little kiddies football kits that used to (might still do, I wouldn't know) come in boxes. Back when Kappa was the kit manufacturer and Hristo Stoichkov was the main man.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Francis Albert wrote:My First Final:

Part 1

It was Liverpool V Birmingham, Worthington Cup Final 2000/2001 season, the season we did the treble. I was 9 years old. It'd been a hot sunny day in Liverpool, I was in year 4. I'd been to school that day, I stayed afterwords for football training. And I got home, I was sweating, we'd been playing on the field. My older Sister was in, I asked where my Mum and Dad were, she said my Mum had gone to pick my Dad up from work and that they'd be back soon. So I immediately dropped by school bag, flung my horrendous horrific Rockport school shoes off my feet (Honestly, they were fucking awful, ran upstairs, undone a few buttons of my top then pulled it off over my head and quick as I could put my Liverpool Kit on and my trainers on and eventfully ran down the stairs, whooshed out the door in a flash and ran over to my mates who playing heads and volleys against Mrs.Davidson's privets.

I was playing, having fun, doing what any normal 9 year old did round the streets of Liverpool, playing football. I then seen the car coming down the road, my Mum and Dad had parked up the path and my Dad shouted me in "Deano, come here a sec mate, got something for you"

I ran swiftly thinking "Oh he's probably got me some chocolate or something". I got in panting, wondering what I was about to be given. My Dad said "I've got a bit of bad news mate, I'm going to the cup final in February, I've only got one ticket, so you can't go, I'm sorry" He showed me the thick grey ticket. My eyes filled up a bit, I said "It's ok Dad" I was trying be valiant in defeat, when in reality, I was fucking guttered. I began to walk out the door and my Dad called me "But guess what, I'VE GOT TWO!!!"

And he whipped another ticket out his pocket, I could see clearly he had two tickets in his hand, but I refused to believe it. "Am I going Dad, have you really got two tickets, am I going to Cardiff, really?"

To which my Dad replied "Deano, me and you are going to Cardiff son, we're going to watch the REDMEN lift the cup"

I was just ecstatic, jumping round everywhere, I grabbed the two tickets of the table and just stared looking at them for ages and then ran out shouting to my best mate "John, John, I'm going to Cardiff, I'm going the final"

I was running over to my mates, jumping everywhere like a loonball (I was genuinely a crazy kid any way, yeah... I was one of them) Any way my antics seen me nearly get ran over crossing the road, car slammed on and beeped it's horn at it's loudest. I ran over showing my mates the tickets, they were all amazed too.

It was special moment. Problem was, this was in January, so it was a fair few weeks to the final still, must of been the longest few weeks of my life, the endless hours in school, I put a Liverpool calendar up in my room to count the days down, seemed to slow. But slowly but surely February 27th 2001, gradually descended.

Part 2 coming soon.
    I want part 2 now. Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:01 pm

RobbieSavageIsA... wrote:Being on holiday in Spain as a whippersnapper, seeing the Camp Nou museum and buying one of those little kiddies football kits that used to (might still do, I wouldn't know) come in boxes. Back when Kappa was the kit manufacturer and Hristo Stoichkov was the main man.

Ahhh I remember those Laughing

Had Rivaldo, Kluivert and Luis Enrique kits Laughing
    Simonc89
    Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Going to Pride Park in 1997 when I was 7 and watching Derby v Coventry in the Premiership with us winning 3-1.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:32 pm

I don't remember what my first match seeing was, but the earliest I can remember was Ahly 6-1 Zamalek or Ahly 1-0 Real Madrid. I was about 10 or 11 years old back then. I actually didn't follow or care about soccer when I was young. I started playing soccer when I was 8 or 9. I thought soccer was boring to watch back then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:29 pm

My first real memory of football was the 1982 World cup and the great Brazil team with the likes of Zico, Socrates and Eder and the likes i remember a lot about this world cup and the semi final when the crazy German Goalkeeper Knocked out the french player.

I remember watching Liverpool round about the same time with the likes of Dalglish, Souness, Hansen and Rush.

Remember this from Match of the day

Remember listening to this on the Radio

Never forget watching this "Liverpool are European Champion's"

Last edited by Liverpool fc 4 ever on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Final of world cup,2002 and I remember many matches of olympiakos's 2003/2004 CL campaign,and porto winning monaco 3-0 and lifting the trophy.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:27 pm

England v Macedonia in 2002, David Seaman's last ever game.

They scored direct from a corner.. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 pm

98 World Cup.

The first game I remember myself watching was Scotland v Brazil.

Don't remember much else of the tournament except I watched the full 90 minutes of England v Argentina, then a little more and fell asleep for pens.

I woke up and was like whats the score and I started crying when we had lost even though the game had been over for a couple of hours. Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 4 70955 Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 4 70955

What a dickhead...

I was only 7 Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 4 232912
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:28 pm

walking up to gigg lane with my cousin to watch united v bury ( He was a united fan) and i walked in to a lampost Neutral
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:29 pm

I'm American. So it was about 15 minutes ago. I saw somebody kick a round ball on the ground and I thought "that looks neat."
    Hernandez_14
    Hernandez_14

Formerly known as : Braad
    Supports : Manchester United

Post by Hernandez_14 Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Has to be 2002, when I really fell in love with the game.
    I had followed it before, but when we played Brazil, that was the moment I fell in love. Even though we lost Neutral Very Happy
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Earliest wow watching Darren Huckerby play against Preston forgot what year it was he was quality not worthy

Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 4 0828Arse3

Last edited by Pilkz on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Think my first Champions League memory was us playing Juventus in 02/03. Think we beat them, if I remember rightly. smug

I thought they were quite poor tbh. Maybe it's just me, but I still wonder how they reached the final that year...
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:20 pm

2002 World Cup, England v Brazil. I remember it was on really early in the morning, and our school let us stay at home to watch the football for the morning. Very Happy
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:22 pm

JMB_94 wrote:2002 World Cup, England v Brazil. I remember it was on really early in the morning, and our school let us stay at home to watch the football for the morning. Very Happy
    We watched it on a shit tv in our school hall
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:43 pm

Danny wrote:Think my first Champions League memory was us playing Juventus in 02/03. Think we beat them, if I remember rightly. smug

I thought they were quite poor tbh. Maybe it's just me, but I still wonder how they reached the final that year...

Probably just you.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:33 am

Think it was near the end of the 97/98 season. I was watching some match like St Johnstone and Livingston downstairs and at half-time I ran upstairs to my dad to tell him it was 0-0 and that there had been like 3 shots or something boring. He just said "we need to get you watching proper football more often" and then next season I had a season ticket cheers
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:56 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    Danny wrote:Think my first Champions League memory was us playing Juventus in 02/03. Think we beat them, if I remember rightly. smug

Probably just you.
    Probably. Laughing

Guess going to Turin and beating them 3-0 is quite impressive. smug
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:17 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:GOLLLLLLLLLLACCCCCCCCCCCIO
    Memories.

Back then I used to think it was Goal lazio.

Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 4 70955

Same Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:20 am

I watched WC 2006 when I wasn't really a big fan of footy, backed France to win it all.

Was gutted when the lost in the final.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:59 am

menalawyerguy wrote:I'm American. So it was about 15 minutes ago. I saw somebody kick a round ball on the ground and I thought "that looks neat."
    same

Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:12 pm