Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Barton
Drake
Hernandez_14
menalawyerguy
ShakerMatty
Jordi
Potato-7
Simonc89
dena
Dean
RubyArmyCTFC
Scuba Steve
Lux
birminghamcity79
Pippo
Jamie
fluffy_kittens
Theo Filippo
Danny
Sean
Coatsy
Fanatic
Ricardo
The Zlatan
SBSP
Cadbury
30 posters

Your Earliest Football Memory

Sean

Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Earliest Football Memory

Post by Sean Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:00 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:GOLLLLLLLLLLACCCCCCCCCCCIO
    Memories.

Back then I used to think it was Goal lazio.

Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 3 70955

It isnt? shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:00 am

Anyone remember when Match of the Day was cancelled ages ago, and instead the highlights of the weekends games were shown on a show called 'The Premiership' on ITV? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:00 am

Sean wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:GOLLLLLLLLLLACCCCCCCCCCCIO
    Memories.

Back then I used to think it was Goal lazio.

Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 3 70955

It isnt? shifty
    It's Golaccio. Laughing
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:00 am

World Cup's during school time were the best, got to miss lessons. not worthy
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:01 am

Scott wrote:Anyone remember when Match of the Day was cancelled ages ago, and instead the highlights of the weekends games were shown on a show called 'The Premiership' on ITV? Laughing

It's a beautiful day was the theme song right?

Never felt right. Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:01 am

Scott wrote:Anyone remember when Match of the Day was cancelled ages ago, and instead the highlights of the weekends games were shown on a show called 'The Premiership' on ITV? Laughing
    I used to love that, but I hated that it had adverts. -_-

It was Des Lynam hosting it wasn't it. Laughing
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:01 am

The opening tune was by u2 I think. What is the track though....beautiful something? Loved it.

Last edited by Fanatic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    birminghamcity79
    birminghamcity79

Post by birminghamcity79 Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 am

being at a coventry city vs derby county reserve game at highfield road
    a player got substituted and in frustration smacked the top of the dug out.
    it was really loud scared the shit out of me, i was only 7
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 am

Des Lynam was the presenter of that. I remember recording it on a Saturday night, and watching Sunday morning. Neutral

Was only on at half 10. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:03 am

Fanatic wrote:World Cup's during school time were the best, got to miss lessons. not worthy
    England lost Crying or Very sad
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:03 am

What about the michael owen tv programme? Hero to zero? That was amaaaaaazing. Love
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmz2XI9WDrU

Just found that.

So weird to see it again. It's all coming back.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 am

Fanatic wrote:
    The opening tune was by u2 I think. What is the track though....beautiful something? Loved it.
    Beautiful day. That was boss, didnt know match of the day got cancelled Surprised
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 am

There seemed to be an advert every 5 minutes on The Premiership. Don't think I even supported Arsenal when I first watched it as well.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 am

LFCJordan wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:World Cup's during school time were the best, got to miss lessons. not worthy
    England lost Crying or Very sad
    That's when I cared more about England than Liverpool aswell. Sad
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:05 am

Poor Gordon. Starts a thread but probably doesn't know what we're on about without having English tv Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sean

Post by Sean Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:05 am

The first season I remember all of was probably 2004/2005 season, only remember Chelsea's CL games in 2003/2004
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:06 am

Scott wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmz2XI9WDrU

Just found that.

So weird to see it again. It's all coming back.
    Barclaycard Premiership. Laughing
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:07 am

laugh it's all coming back. My Dad and I were soooo obsessed with Michael Owen for some reason. Even had those shit umbro boots to be like him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:08 am

B0dunrin wrote:laugh it's all coming back. My Dad and I were soooo obsessed with Michael Owen for some reason. Even had those shit umbro boots to be like him.
    I liked Owen, but my Dad didn't approve. Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:10 am

I remember Beckham being sent off and Owen scoring in the '98 game vs Argentina.

2nd memory is me watching the tv thinking "That Henry player is pretty good"....of course back then I thought it was pronounced the English way Neutral.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:10 am

SBSP wrote:I remember watching three Euro 04 matches as well. I remember France v England, England v Portugal, and the final.
    I started paying attention to the European game in maybe 2005/2006 and until Euro 08 I had no idea Euros existed or what they were. Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:12 am

Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 3 Zamorano18

Anyone remember that?
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:14 am

Lux wrote:I remember Beckham being sent off and Owen scoring in the '98 game vs Argentina.

2nd memory is me watching the tv thinking "That Henry player is pretty good"....of course back then I thought it was pronounced the English way Neutral.

Your Earliest Football Memory - Page 3 70955 I know I was in the same boat, I miss pre-scum Arsenal.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 am

Painful memories Crying or Very sad
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 am

Anyone remember On The Ball on ITV? think it was their version of Football Focus. Gabby Logan was on it. shifty
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:16 am

My first memory is playing the game when I was five years old.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:17 am

Anyone remember that song? shifty
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 am

I remember my 1st ever Cheltenham game when I was 5. We beat Barnet 4-3.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:44 am

First ever Forest game I attended. Sat in the Lower Brian Clough, close to the away fans. Must of been the 2000/2001 season. Think it was a 0-0 draw.

I attended a Derby game before a Forest game so that's technically earliest I remember.

Friendly against Barcelona in 1998. Figo, Rivaldo and Xavi were playing, aswell as others but I wouldn't remember them

Last edited by Forest on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:25 pm