Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The Football (Soccer*) Men and Other Football Books

Anonymous

The Football (Soccer*) Men and Other Football Books Empty The Football (Soccer*) Men and Other Football Books

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:01 am

The Football (Soccer*) Men and Other Football Books Tfm

*The book was released under the title "The Soccer Men" in the US.

I just read this the other day and it was superb. It's a collection of pieces that Kuper (the author of that famous Money Ball book) has written over the years, and he brings a fresh feel to talking about players beyond the usual tripe they spout in interviews most of the times. I really enjoyed it.

Do you guys have any other book recommendations? Also, what is football fiction like in England? Are there a lot of books written, and how well are they generally received? I get the feeling that the genre is insignificant. I've never seen a highly recommended fictional book based on football. That's why I still read this one I've had for 11 years from time to time.

The Football (Soccer*) Men and Other Football Books %7BF2B3F9F5-00C3-4D1B-9EA5-9BAEAA8D2DF7%7DImg100

shifty

EDIT: Some of my favorites:

Futebol: A Way of Life - Alex Bellos
    Tor! - Ule Heisse (sp?)
    The Neurotic Genius of Dutch Soccer - David Winner
    Football in Sun and Shadow - Eduard Galeano

Last edited by Rei Andros on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sean

The Football (Soccer*) Men and Other Football Books Empty Re: The Football (Soccer*) Men and Other Football Books

Post by Sean Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:03 am

Oh my God I have that Football Fever Book! Thats the one with the referee and the black kid who's called Pele and all! :O
    Anonymous

The Football (Soccer*) Men and Other Football Books Empty Re: The Football (Soccer*) Men and Other Football Books

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:06 am

Sean wrote:Oh my God I have that Football Fever Book! Thats the one with the referee and the black kid who's called Pele and all! :O

Eusebio actually. I can see why you remember that since he's half-Irish. shifty It's my favorite story from the book.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:08 am

Its quite odd how we both have that book Laughing Isnt there also a story about a guy too small to be a keeper, Ticth or something?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:13 am

Yeah. Laughing That one was good as well.
    badham21
    badham21

Supports : West Brom

Post by badham21 Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:23 am

The Football (Soccer*) Men and Other Football Books 9781903853030-Sams-Football-Stories-Set-B
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:56 am

Wild Soccer Bunch shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:46 pm