Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
AriseForLife
Theo Filippo
Grenade
Sean
Laurencio
JOHNxEIRE
dena
Zzonked
Barton
Coatsy
blackskar
moscowmadeit3
Jamie
Walcott
Marvin
Carlos Jenkinson
luke.
21 posters

Wenger - Should he resign and become Director of Football?

Poll

-

[ 6 ]
    Wenger - Should he resign and become Director of Football? Bar_left24%Wenger - Should he resign and become Director of Football? Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Wenger - Should he resign and become Director of Football? Bar_left76%Wenger - Should he resign and become Director of Football? Bar_right [76%] 

Total Votes: 25
    luke.
    luke.

Wenger - Should he resign and become Director of Football? Empty Wenger - Should he resign and become Director of Football?

Post by luke. Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:41 am

Well.. thought this was worthy of discussion.

Make him Director of Football, he can bring through the youth.

Get a manager that can bring some real success.

Yes or No? Why? Who would become manager?
    Anonymous

Wenger - Should he resign and become Director of Football? Empty Re: Wenger - Should he resign and become Director of Football?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:42 am

Fuck off Luke.

Wenger not worthy
    Anonymous

Wenger - Should he resign and become Director of Football? Empty Re: Wenger - Should he resign and become Director of Football?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:43 am

No.. because then we'd slide down the table and not even have CL football like them other shit teams.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:43 am

Why stand down on the basis you have less work to do, he would probably rather leave
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:44 am

You do have to wonder if they would still be getting results like this if they had a good manager with a "win at all cost" mentality.

But nah, let's wait till his 10 year plan is alive and kicking.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:45 am

The-Reporter wrote:No.. because then we'd slide down the table and not even have CL football like them other shit teams.
    Exactly.

Wenger is keeping Arsenal alive and stable, while Chelsea and Liverpool will struggle to get Champions League football, especially with city and spurs competing now.

Wenger is not at fault for Arsenal's lack of trophies. We lack the players, or rather the mentality.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:46 am

and replace him with who? scratch
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:46 am

Controversial, but yes I think it's time for Wenger to go.

As a Director of Football or leave altogether I dunno though.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:47 am

Who would they get in as a replacement?
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:47 am

polska. wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:No.. because then we'd slide down the table and not even have CL football like them other shit teams.
    Exactly.

Wenger is keeping Arsenal alive and stable, while Chelsea and Liverpool will struggle to get Champions League football, especially with city and spurs competing now.

Wenger is not at fault for Arsenal's lack of trophies. We lack the players, or rather the mentality.

'Alive and stable' isn't enough for a club like Arsenal. No trophy in over 6 years is awful for a team like Arsenal. Hence why it might me time to move on.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:48 am

If Wenger took us out of the top 4 i would say yes its time for a change, but then who to bring in? I'd only want an ex player or Guardiola.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:49 am

On paper, it sounds like a good idea, Wengers been fantastic at keeping Arsenal stable and bringing in youth.

On the other hand he's too stubborn to spend his cash, change his tactics, etc.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:49 am

polska. wrote:
    Exactly.

How can you know that?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:51 am

Bogdan wrote:On paper, it sounds like a good idea, Wengers been fantastic at keeping Arsenal stable and bringing in youth.

On the other hand he's too stubborn to spend his cash, change his tactics, etc.
    Changed his tactics today.

We had 3 target men on and were smashing balls into the box at them rather than trying to play pass-pass-pass. Only due to great goalkeeping and fantastic last-ditch defending did we not score.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Post by Walcott Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:52 am

Luke answer the question please, who would we get in who could do the same + more than Wenger?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:53 am

Walcott wrote:Luke answer the question please, who would we get in who could do the same + more than Wenger?
    Fergie.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:53 am

Walcott wrote:Luke answer the question please, who would we get in who could do the same + more than Wenger?

That was my question to you lot..

It's a discussion thread, not my view.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:53 am

No, because Wenger is a fantastic manager, but he needs to wake up and make a couple of signings to make Arsenal even stronger.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:54 am

luke. wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Exactly.

'Alive and stable' isn't enough for a club like Arsenal. No trophy in over 6 years is awful for a team like Arsenal. Hence why it might me time to move on.
    Yes it is.

Do you not see the financial conditions of other clubs? Do you not see where Arsenal has been on the table in the last 6 years?

Unlike you Luke, I am not a gloryhunter. As a Pole I have learned to live with little success or trophies. I can see what is important and what is important is not some tin can on a shelf but rather the long term financial stability of the club. Having moved to the Emirates and picking up so much debt and considering how little money has been spent on players over the years, Arsenal shouldn't realistically even be in the top 6 of England, yet Wenger has kept Arsenal in the top 4 every season, competing in every trophy every season, and has built a deadly first team with little funds.

The lack of trophies is unfortunate, but is insignificant in value to what Wenger has and is doing to the club.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Post by Walcott Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:54 am

luke. wrote:

That was my question to you lot..

It's a discussion thread, not my view.
    Ok it's a question to everyone then.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:55 am

Knew someone would make this thread facepalm

No he shouldn't leave/be sacked ect.

Just needs to tweak his current philosophy surrounding the club. Which I'm fairly certain he has said he'd do it he failed to win something this season (not 100% on that though)

I'm also pretty sure he said he'd move back to France when his time at Arsenal was done, so I doubt he'd even take a directorial role anways.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:57 am

polska. wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Exactly.

Yes it is.

Do you not see the financial conditions of other clubs? Do you not see where Arsenal has been on the table in the last 6 years?

Unlike you Luke, I am not a gloryhunter. As a Pole I have learned to live with little success or trophies. I can see what is important and what is important is not some tin can on a shelf but rather the long term financial stability of the club. Having moved to the Emirates and picking up so much debt and considering how little money has been spent on players over the years, Arsenal shouldn't realistically even be in the top 6 of England, yet Wenger has kept Arsenal in the top 4 every season, competing in every trophy every season, and has built a deadly first team with little funds.

The lack of trophies is unfortunate, but is insignificant in value to what Wenger has and is doing to the club.

Wrong.

Aside from Man United, Man City and Chelsea, Arsenal have the highest wage budget in the league. League positions are usually matched alongside the clubs place in the 'wage table'.

Last season, we finished 7th - 6th highest wage bill. This season, same place in terms of wages, 6th place in the league.

Arsenal might not spend massive fees on these young players, but their wages more than make up for that. It is a myth that Wenger hardly spends anything.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:58 am

I think Torres should leave Chelsea because he can't score.

Stop being a WUM Luke. Wenger is one of the best managers in the League, just look what trophies he has won. Not only this, but he does it all without ever spending big money. It's admirable.

If I was an Arsenal fan, I would be very proud of my club.

Which is more than I can say for any Chelsea fan. You support a fake club, who's success was bought by a Russian Billionaire. Tbh, it's not that impressive Luke. Do one.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:00 am

Scott wrote:I think Torres should leave Chelsea because he can't score.

Stop being a WUM Luke. Wenger is one of the best managers in the League, just look what trophies he has won. Not only this, but he does it all without ever spending big money. It's admirable.

Which is more than I can say for any Chelsea fan. You support a fake club, who's success was bought by a Russian Billionaire. Tbh, it's not that impressive Luke. Do one.

Irony.

Hardly WUMming anyway.. as it's not my view, just something to discuss.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:01 am

luke. wrote:
    Scott wrote:I think Torres should leave Chelsea because he can't score.

Irony.

Hardly WUMming anyway.. as it's not my view, just something to discuss.

That isn't irony at all you clueless fuck. it's the truth that Chelsea bought their success, is it not?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:01 am

Dan wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Exactly.

Yes it is.

Wrong.

Aside from Man United, Man City and Chelsea, Arsenal have the highest wage budget in the league. League positions are usually matched alongside the clubs place in the 'wage table'.

Last season, we finished 7th - 6th highest wage bill. This season, same place in terms of wages, 6th place in the league.

Arsenal might not spend massive fees on these young players, but their wages more than make up for that. It is a myth that Wenger hardly spends anything.
    If we spend so much on wages how can we afford a big name player for £30 Million?
    Walcott
    Walcott

Post by Walcott Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:02 am

It gets discussed by everyone other than Arsenal fans when we drop points. Yeah the trophy drought is pissing me off, yeah our current squad isn't good enough, but the team selection that Wengers choosing, nothing wrong with that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:03 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    polska. wrote:Exactly.

Yes it is.

Wrong.

If we spend so much on wages how can we afford a big name player for £30 Million?

Ye what?

Because Arsenal is a very profitable club, and with Wenger not spending big transfer fees over a number of years, you've got money in reserve.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:03 am

On the up side we had a clean sheet today with two 2nd choice CB's and our 3rd choice Goalie.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:04 am

Fuck you Had a better reply but my keyboard flipped out and firefox hates me. Sad
    Dan wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Exactly.

Yes it is.

Wrong.

You can't have the likes of Cesc, Nasri and Van Persie on 20k a week you know.

Wages are factored into the costs of running the club and is probably a major reason as to why Wenger refuses to spend much money on transfers.. to allocate the money in wages and keep positive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:22 am