Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Trig
Scuba Steve
Childish Logic
dena
GK01
SBSP
Lux
Muse
ayvee1
luke.
Gegilworld93
Danny
Fanatic
Roloman4
BigJ0526
LeBron
Uncle John from Jamaica
Barton
ResurrectionRooney
Pippo
Ben
Kuled
Coatsy
Sean
chiboygeorge
Jamie
ShakerMatty
31 posters

Best memory of the world cup?

Anonymous

Best memory of the world cup? - Page 3 Empty Re: Best memory of the world cup?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 am

Loads of great World cup moments since im an old cunt.

My first World cup i remember the Great Brazil team that never won it but were so good to watch. Zico, Socrates, Eder and the boys just pure class.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:23 am

Danny wrote:
    Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:That bastard Suarez cheating really made that quarter final interesting.

That Bastard Suarez that ripped United apart you mean him.
    Probably the highlight of your season, quality. Best memory of the world cup? - Page 3 279869

It was one of not to many but hopefully next season can have a few more Highlights than this one. Best memory of the world cup? - Page 3 9905
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:26 am

Danny wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:That bastard Suarez cheating really made that quarter final interesting.

Probably the highlight of your season, quality. shifty

Probably? Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 am

I dunno if I have any great memories of the World Cup.

The most recent ones have been big disappointments...in the past except for the Rooney sending off vs Portugal exit I've felt like the refs have fucked us over when we were doing good.

Like the OP says, I remember sitting in middle school watching the World Cup game vs Brazil (I don't really remember watching the other ones though we probably did) and it was a great atmosphere in that hall...and then a great sigh of disbelief when Ronaldinho scored...and until then I didn't even know who he was Neutral.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:34 am

Ignorant even in youth eh Lux? laugh
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:35 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Danny wrote:

Probably the highlight of your season, quality. Best memory of the world cup? - Page 3 279869

Probably? Laughing
    Watching Nani's pathetic crying was another how sad was that to cry when playing in a Liverpool v Manchester.United game. Roy Keane would have probably kicked him again for that reaction.

Last edited by Liverpool fc 4 ever on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:36 am

Danny wrote:

No. That was Hicks fucking off.. cheers
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:37 am

Dan wrote:
    Danny wrote:

No. That was Hicks fucking off.. cheers
    On the pitch, Daniel. cheers

Apart from Dalglish back.. Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:38 am

Danny wrote:

Probably? Laughing
    Watching Nani's pathetic crying was another how sad was that to cry when playing in a Liverpool v Manchester.United game. Roy Keane would have probably kicked him again for that reaction.

It doesn't surprise me that you lowlifes, you cockroaches, have a player getting injured as a highlight of your season.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:39 am

Injured? He was playing like the next game! Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:42 am

Sean wrote:Injured? He was playing like the next game! Laughing
    He didn't play against Arsenal. Dry Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 am

Injured? I thought he died because of that nasty tackle?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 am

Dan wrote:Injured? I thought he died because of that nasty tackle?
    Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:
    Forest wrote:Best memory of the world cup? - Page 3 Tv_inbetweeners_3_jay_2

Funny.

I went to watch a game in a Fan Fest, is that what you don't believe?

You're just another Irish plastic too, probably never set foot in Anfield in your life
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Don't at the World Cup but Australia qualifying for the 2006 World Cup was something special I'll never forget.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:23 pm

whats up bitches

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:25 pm

i got owned by embedding request

here

dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Beating Portugal in the opening game of the 2002 World Cup, a Portugal side who were pretty damn good... Rui Costa, Figo, in their prime etc. and then eliminating Mexico in the round of 16. Those are the top two moments (Mexico 1, Portugal 2) Third is Landon Donovan's last minute winner vs. Algeria in South Africa, I shit myself after that one man.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Italy 1-1 nz

hehe
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:23 am

dena wrote:Third is Landon Donovan's last minute winner vs. Algeria in South Africa, I shit myself after that one man.

Before that I was like Awesome Face top of the group when we beat Slovenia

and then 1 minute later I was like...... Fuck you
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:35 am

Waking up weee early to watch South Korea or Japan or something knock out Poland with my father. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:36 am

oh Slovakia vs Italy was amazing!

And Luis Suarez of course. not worthy
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:09 am

Not all of these are good memories, but they are the ones that I'll forever remember.

1994: I don't remember everything from '94, but I do remember seeing the USA games, and I can recall the games against Colombia and Brazil well. I remember the elbow to Tab Ramos in the game against Brazil, but being unable to capitalize. I also remember watching the final, and seeing Baggio send his penalty miles over the bar.

1998: I watched all the USA games, which all ended in defeat. So despite my best attempts to forget them, I remember losing such bad games that go around. I also remember the run that Croatia had, learning in the process about just how young of a nation they were. And I was wowed by Zidane in the final against Brazil. I remember going out back afterwards and trying to recreate what I had seen him do on the field.

2002: I remember waking up early (like 2am or whatever) to watch us dismantle Portugal in the first half, only to have to hold on in the second half to win the game. Missed the Korea game due to a test, but I remember rushing home to see how it finished. And I remember waking up early on another test day to see us blow the game against Poland -- but at the same time, I watched at a friend's house as Park Ji-Sung scored against Portugal to send us through. I remember waking everyone in the house up celebrating that goal. Of course the biggest memory from that tournament was the Frings hand ball on the line that was not called, which ended in our defeat to Germany. Not the first, and definitely not the last time that we have been at the short end in terms of calls.

2006: My best memory was of us holding on against Italy with just 9 men, and even scoring (although correctly called back) with those 9 players. Working got in the way of watching most of the tournament, so some of it was a blur.

2010: Made sure I watched every single game live. The thing I will always remember though (other than the Donovan goals, Bradley's, Edu's no goal, Gyan's winner), will be texting Dena 1.5 hours before kickoff against England, after learning that Green was going to be in goal, and saying precisely that, "he is worth at least one goal on a mistake" (some paraphrasing there). I actually believed that when I told him too, so I wasn't surprised (although completely elated), when the ball was fumbled and crossed the line.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:20 am

No he wasn't, and he was injured because he had to be taken off on a stretcher you knob.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:32 am

kyro7 wrote:
    No he wasn't, and he was injured because he had to be taken off on a stretcher you knob.

Laughing at injured players is what these bastards do. Alan Smith had his ambulance attacked by Liverpool fans after he had his leg broken, and the whole stadium was singing 'John Arne Riise, I wanna know how you broke his leg'. Then they applauded Riise when they saw that the damage he had caused had made Smith be stretchered off.

dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:00 am

Steve I remember you saying that!! Legendary text.
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:07 am

Has to be this

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:26 am

Danny wrote:

Probably? Laughing

It doesn't surprise me that you lowlifes, you cockroaches, have a player getting injured as a highlight of your season.

Excuse me you fuckin wanker, i never said the Injury was my highlight and it was a bad tackle and Carragher should have been sent off but the reaction off Nani was a complete fuckin joke. And us lowlifes and cockroaches, and all you United fans are fuckin angels and you and your team never do anything wrong.
    Best memory of the world cup? - Page 3 439459
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:30 am

Danny wrote:Probably the highlight of your season, quality. Best memory of the world cup? - Page 3 279869

Probably? Laughing

Excuse me you fuckin wanker, i never said the Injury was my highlight and it was a bad tackle and Carragher should have been sent off but the reaction off Nani was a complete fuckin joke. And us lowlifes and cockroaches, and all you United fans are fuckin angels and you and your team never do anything wrong.
    Best memory of the world cup? - Page 3 439459

Danny 'Probably the highlight of your season'
    You 'Nani's pathetic crying was another'

Sounds like it was a highlight of your season.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:32 am

kyro7 wrote:

Laughing at injured players is what these bastards do. Alan Smith had his ambulance attacked by Liverpool fans after he had his leg broken, and the whole stadium was singing 'John Arne Riise, I wanna know how you broke his leg'. Then they applauded Riise when they saw that the damage he had caused had made Smith be stretchered off.

Yes, because United fans are such saints right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:27 pm