Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Trig
Scuba Steve
Childish Logic
dena
GK01
SBSP
Lux
Muse
ayvee1
luke.
Gegilworld93
Danny
Fanatic
Roloman4
BigJ0526
LeBron
Uncle John from Jamaica
Barton
ResurrectionRooney
Pippo
Ben
Kuled
Coatsy
Sean
chiboygeorge
Jamie
ShakerMatty
31 posters

Best memory of the world cup?

Anonymous

Best memory of the world cup? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best memory of the world cup?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:24 am

Blackpool Rule wrote:i can remember beckhams goal and the one that stands out for me is 2002 when belguim vs brazil and really wanting belguim to win

for some wierd reason peopel from the playmaker cant stay on ther surposed superiour fourm maybe becasue the fourm isnt as good and have to come on here
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 am

Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:29 am

Beckham's penalty vs Argentina. Went absolutely mad with my dad and his mate when he scored it. I knew all about what had happened in 1998 against them, you could tell almost how relieved he was. Easily the best finals moment for me. Guess it says a lot. The best England moment I remember in a World Cup came in a group stage... Laughing
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:30 am

I have to say my favourite memory of 2010 world cup was Donovans goal against Algeria, as well as the comeback against Slovenia. I was a plastic yank that tournament shifty
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:31 am

Best England moment I remember was Beckham getting sent off for kicking Simeone rofl
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:32 am

Not the best but one of the most memorable,
    Baggio who effectively carried Italy to a World Cup final in 1994 misses the 5th penalty Suspect
    Know when people talk of the best players,he's seemingly forgotten.
    Oh yeah,1998+2006 finals were pretty awesome iirc.Zidane cheers

2010 well there was Rob Green's amazing recovery vs USA.

That's what happened right?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:37 am

I can still remember how dead the pub i was in went when Green done that fuck up. Laughing oh wow that was horrific
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:39 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Burytilidie wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's a shame, if you talk to a 15 year old English kid and ask him what his best World Cup memory is he'll either say Defoe scoring the winner against Slovenia, an own goal for England against Paraguay, or Beckham's goal against Ecuador.
    yeah thats aimed towards me
    ohhh ill just pick an age what the opening poster is Neutral

It's not aimed at you at all you bell end, it's just an age I picked where I thought people wouldn't be able to remember what had happened in the World Cups before 2006. Evidently you do remember something of the 2002 World Cup, so if I'd known your age I wouldn't have picked that age. If I am aiming something at you, it won't be ambiguous.
    fair enough i apologise Surprised
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:40 am

Hereford_Lad wrote:I can still remember how dead the pub i was in went when Green done that fuck up. Laughing oh wow that was horrific
    Yeah same although it was even more dead after the Germany game
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:41 am

When Frank Lampard scored.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:42 am

Coatsy wrote:
    Hereford_Lad wrote:I can still remember how dead the pub i was in went when Green done that fuck up. Laughing oh wow that was horrific
    Yeah same although it was even more dead after the Germany game

Crying or Very sad And the huge feeling of injustice when Lampard "scored"

Best memory of the world cup? - Page 2 73365
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:44 am

Germany's games against Costa Rica and Italy in the 2006 world cup, fantastic to watch as a neutral. Chile's run in 2010 was great to watch as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:47 am

North Korea's amazing support in South Africa.

Best memory of the world cup? - Page 2 279869
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:47 am

I can still remember how ITV cut to a commertial during England v USA, when it got back to the game it had Gerrard and the rest of the England team celebrating.

We we're ecstatic and fumming at the same time. Laughing

Last edited by JMB_94 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:48 am

Our only goal at the WC, also the ugliest and it was extremely lucky, but we've beaten the World Cup winners! Best memory of the world cup? - Page 2 284837
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:49 am

JMB_94 wrote:

I can still remember how ITV cut to a commertial during England v USA, when it got back to the game it had Gerrard and the rest of the England team celebrating.

We we're ecstatic and fumming at the same time. Laughing

Laughing
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:50 am

Coatsy wrote:Not the best but one of the most memorable,
    Baggio who effectively carried Italy to a World Cup final in 1994 misses the 5th penalty Suspect

Yeah, the net just magically moves itself...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:50 am

New Zealand being the only unbeaten team of the world cup sticks on the mind too.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:51 am

The Zidane headbutt.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:51 am

2010 World Cup was only good for one thing.
    Hoping that Paraguay would beat Spain and that this would happen:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1290583/WORLD-CUP-2010-Model-Larissa-Riquelme-promises-home-strip-difference-Paraguay-triumph.html
    Shame Cardozo can't score from 12yrds. Suspect
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:52 am

luke. wrote:
    Coatsy wrote:Not the best but one of the most memorable,

Yeah, the net just magically moves itself...
    I noticed that as well. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:53 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    Forest wrote:Best memory of the world cup? - Page 2 Tv_inbetweeners_3_jay_2

Amazing rofl
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:59 am

Best memory of the world cup? - Page 2 914411
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:00 am

When Uruguay were about to go out and Suarez took matters into his own hands.

What a lad Best memory of the world cup? - Page 2 207657
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:53 am

Seeing Scotland play in the 98 world cup.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:05 am

2002 - don't really remember part from Brazil scoring by lobbing Seamen who was off his line. I was in Spain at the time.
    2006 - Don't remember a good moment for me in that world cup. Was on a school trip for a week during it. Mad
    2010 - Best bit was probably when I went to a cricket 20/20 match and after it finished there was like 50 people watching the Ghana vs Uruguay match outside on the TV inside this pub, and it was only me and my mate and this Uruguayan person who wanted Uruguay to win and we went mad when the keeper saved the penalty and when Uruguay got through. Run
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:09 am

That bastard Suarez cheating really made that quarter final interesting.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:15 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:That bastard Suarez cheating really made that quarter final interesting.

That Bastard Suarez that ripped United apart you mean him.
    Muse

Post by Muse Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVHbvdh7EVs

John Terrys dive Laughing

Last edited by Muse on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:17 am

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:That bastard Suarez cheating really made that quarter final interesting.

That Bastard Suarez that ripped United apart you mean him.
    Probably the highlight of your season, quality. shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:25 pm