Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
YukiAbe1996
Theo Filippo
Stranger
The Zlatan
FCB
Glen Miller
ResurrectionRooney
11 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Scott_LFC

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Scott_LFC Thu May 19, 2016 6:37 am

Just a shit Danny Welbeck Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu May 19, 2016 6:41 am

That was a great finish tbf.
    YukiAbe1996
    YukiAbe1996

Supports : Leicester City

Post by YukiAbe1996 Thu May 19, 2016 7:06 am

I thought a business tycoon like Scott would've nabbed a corporate seat to this game.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu May 19, 2016 7:12 am

You played pretty well in the 1st half, could have been 2 or 3. Not sure why you've been so bad these past 20 minutes.
    YukiAbe1996
    YukiAbe1996

Supports : Leicester City

Post by YukiAbe1996 Thu May 19, 2016 7:15 am

This is surely an attempt to emulate Spurs
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu May 19, 2016 7:29 am

Sevilla deserve this, our collapse in the 2nd half was shocking, probably one of the worst I've seen.

Onto next season.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu May 19, 2016 7:42 am

Nah, Sevilla were worse than this in the 1st half. You had good chances just didn't take them. Can't remember who it was but someone played a great a cross goal pass to Sturridge that he failed to make contact with. It was almost identical to how Sevilla scored their 1st goal.

I actually got a little sinking feeling that you'd go on to win fairly comfortably. Have no idea what Klopp said at half time to elicit this sort of performance, totally at odds to how you came out against Dortmund.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu May 19, 2016 7:43 am

Scott on suicide watch.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu May 19, 2016 7:45 am

If only Sturridge didn't make a move towards that Lovren header. Don't think Sevilla would have come back from that.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu May 19, 2016 7:48 am

I think if Sturridge didn't unsight the goalkeeper then it probably wasn't going to go in. Haven't seen the replays but live it looked like a fairly saveable header.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 19, 2016 8:10 am

Glad you got your wish and you lost.  This season's been a total disaster for you.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu May 19, 2016 8:11 am

Not a chance it would have gone in had Sturridge not been there.  That was kind of unlucky, you don't normally see the last man move so far forward so quickly from a corner.  Also, the cross to Sturridge from Clyne was not really identical to the equalizer, it was fizzed and at an awkward height from memory. 

The return of Sturridge is the only small positive to come from this season.  Klopp hasn't done all that much to move the team forward.  Whenever we play well we only do so in spurts, and even when it looked like we were going to kill the game in the first half, we never looked in control of the situation.  We are still going into a new season with 4/5 positions in the first XI that need serious addressing. 

Once again, Lallana stood up and fought while Firmino and Coutinho went missing.  He'll probably be the one to make way when we make the pointless signing of Goetze to appease the fans, though.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu May 19, 2016 8:23 am

I think people have attributed the fact you play in spurts due to a lack of preseason under Klopp. Could be a factor but I also think you don't have all the right players for that system.

I've seen us linked with Sturridge, I wouldn't be averse to taking the risk on his fitness. A fair few Liverpool fans seem to want him out as well which is strange.
    Parasect
    Parasect

Post by Parasect Thu May 19, 2016 8:26 am

What has surprised me most about Sturridge is how good he still looks when it seems quite clear that he physically has lost a huge burst of his pace/doesn't actually want to run anymore. I always thought he was a bit rough technically with impressive physical attributes and generally clinical finishing but he certainly has more to his game.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu May 19, 2016 8:32 am

Parasect wrote:What has surprised me most about Sturridge is how good he still looks when it seems quite clear that he physically has lost a huge burst of his pace/doesn't actually want to run anymore. I always thought he was a bit rough technically with impressive physical attributes and generally clinical finishing but he certainly has more to his game.
    Yep, my thoughts exactly.  He looks much, much slower than he did in 2014 but his tricks are still coming off.  I think he is stronger in the air nowadays as well.
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Post by jeb4eva Thu May 19, 2016 9:34 am

Hard luck Liverpool. Next year is your year.

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 4 3925848005
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Thu May 19, 2016 3:36 pm

Disappointing result. Cry
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 20, 2016 1:11 am

Parasect wrote:What has surprised me most about Sturridge is how good he still looks when it seems quite clear that he physically has lost a huge burst of his pace/doesn't actually want to run anymore. I always thought he was a bit rough technically with impressive physical attributes and generally clinical finishing but he certainly has more to his game.

It was pretty obvious back then that Sturridge was a good player with the ball at his feet and not just some pace merchant who can finish. Did you not see the wide range of goals he scored for us that season? The skilful assists? The general ball-skills he'd trot out every match? All your post has done is basically show that you were just a sheep who blindly followed the myths that rival fans would come up with regarding Sturridge.

You probably don't think much of Origi, either. Next year you'll be like "What has surprised me the most about Origi is how good he is, despite being voted in the worst XI of the French League the other year".

Watch players before judging them.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri May 20, 2016 1:18 am

I don't think that Parasect was necessarily questioning Sturridge's technique, more his ability to use his brain to put that technique to good effect.  I think it's probably fair: there are times when he will still lose the ball under no pressure while trying to execute some skill.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 20, 2016 1:24 am

Glen Miller wrote:I don't think that Parasect was necessarily questioning Sturridge's technique, more his ability to use his brain to put that technique to good effect.  I think it's probably fair: there are times when he will still lose the ball under no pressure while trying to execute some skill.

"I always thought he was a bit rough technically"

Yeah okay, Glen. He clearly wasn't questioning his technique, more his ability to use his brain. Rolling Eyes
    Parasect
    Parasect

Post by Parasect Fri May 20, 2016 1:42 am

Scott_LFC wrote:

It was pretty obvious back then that Sturridge was a good player with the ball at his feet and not just some pace merchant who can finish. Did you not see the wide range of goals he scored for us that season? The skilful assists? The general ball-skills he'd trot out every match? All your post has done is basically show that you were just a sheep who blindly followed the myths that rival fans would come up with regarding Sturridge.

You probably don't think much of Origi, either. Next year you'll be like "What has surprised me the most about Origi is how good he is, despite being voted in the worst XI of the French League the other year".

Watch players before judging them.
    scratch Technique is more than just fancy flicks and nice finishes, you do know that, right? What myths are these? The only 'myth' made against Sturridge was that he was heavily reliant on Suarez, which he proved wasn't the case as soon as he had gone. All your post has done is show how you couldn't wait to try and take some moral high ground to salvage the bile you've been spewing here recently. 

I honestly haven't a clue where this baseless assumption over Origi arises from either. 

Think before posting.
    Parasect
    Parasect

Post by Parasect Fri May 20, 2016 1:44 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:I don't think that Parasect was necessarily questioning Sturridge's technique, more his ability to use his brain to put that technique to good effect.  I think it's probably fair: there are times when he will still lose the ball under no pressure while trying to execute some skill.

"I always thought he was a bit rough technically"

Yeah okay, Glen. He clearly wasn't questioning his technique, more his ability to use his brain. Rolling Eyes
    Does the ability to effectively use ones brain not affect their technique? Is the correlation between the most technically gifted players being the best tactically coincidental?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 20, 2016 1:52 am

Moral high ground? Over what? What the fuck lmao.

Technique is a player's ability on the ball, which ranges from dribbling, ball-skills, passing, shooting, etc. Like I said, it's always been extremely clear that Sturridge has very good technique, so to be surprised at his ability to remain good at football after losing his pace is idiotic.

A common myth was that he's just a pace merchant who can finish (which is actually basically what you said in your post) and that he's just a shit Danny Welbeck (who isn't even nearly as good on the ball as Sturridge, so that was always fucking laughable).

Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 20, 2016 2:00 am

Imo using your brain in football is not so much attributed to technique, but to vision and awareness.

For me, being technically good with the ball is purely a physical trait. It's how good you can manipulate the ball with your feet.

The stuff Glen is talking about is vision/awareness. Aka putting that technique to good use with intelligent decision making and vision/awareness.

You clearly said you thought Sturridge was rough technically. He never has been. Saying someone is rough technically is basically saying they don't have great control over the ball.
    Parasect
    Parasect

Post by Parasect Fri May 20, 2016 2:05 am

He definitely has, and was. You're wrong to conclude otherwise.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 20, 2016 2:07 am

Imagine thinking Sturridge ever had rough ball control Laughing
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri May 20, 2016 2:13 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Imagine thinking Sturridge ever had rough ball control Laughing

I bet your ball control is great. Wink
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 20, 2016 2:14 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:Imagine thinking Sturridge ever had rough ball control Laughing

I bet your ball control is great. Wink

I appreciate that you're a homosexual and that you fancy me, but I'm not interested, mate.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri May 20, 2016 2:19 am

I'm curious where you got this "shit Welbeck" quote from. Was it someone on here or just fans in general?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 20, 2016 2:20 am

In general but I'm sure it was posted on here loads too. It was defo posted on the Caf loads and on Twitter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:33 pm