Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Zzonked
FCB
ResurrectionRooney
Sean
Scott_LFC
Keyser Söze
Jordi
Eternal Witcher
jeb4eva
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
SBSP
Glen Miller
El_indian
Dagbon
Scuba Steve
Theo Filippo
Yrael
Novi
vel
Grenade
27 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Zzonked Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:03 pm

Sturridge injury maybe too.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:37 am

"I missed six matches and scored all those goals in the Premier League without being the penalty-taker. If I hadn’t had the attitude and mentality to lead the team, I don’t think Liverpool would have done as well as they did."
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:09 am

Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:41 am

Good to see him showing Liverpool the respect they deserve.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:47 am

"Personal success is always welcome and makes you happy, because that's recognition of the good work you have done," he said.

"But I put the team ahead of that and last season Liverpool came so close to winning the Premier League, which would have been spectacular. I appreciate all the work the team did. But I missed six matches and scored all those goals in the Premier League without being the penalty-taker.

"I really could leave happy because if I hadn't had the attitude and mentality to lead the team, I don't think Liverpool would have done as well as they did. Getting back into the Champions League was another target I had in mind."

______

also i did not know Suarez had a black Grandfather
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:50 am

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:52 am

Theo Filippo wrote:"I missed six matches and scored all those goals in the Premier League without being the penalty-taker. If I hadn’t had the attitude and mentality to lead the team, I don’t think Liverpool would have done as well as they did."

He's probably right. Sometimes players with that aggressive win-at-any-costs-even-if-I-have-to-act-like-a-scumbag mentality drive certain teams. Liverpool were driven by Suarez like United were by Roy Keane, or how Barca are by Messi.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:So now Ramsey's out for at least a month.

Seriously, what is it with Arsenal and injuries?

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:So now Ramsey's out for at least a month.

Seriously, what is it with Arsenal and injuries?

Ozil out for 10-12 weeks Laughing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29669313

rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Looks like he'll be back in time for England Vs. Slovenia then.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Phil Thompson is so incredibly bias.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:44 pm

Liverpool are going to go 2 points clear of us today okay
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:18 am

Balotelli is bad.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:15 am

Glen Miller wrote:Balotelli is bad.

fuggg

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 3 FaithfulAngryAmethystsunbird
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:20 am

haha
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:22 am

wat just happened
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:25 am

QPR were incredibly unlucky. Scored 4 goals and hit the post twice as well as missing two or three 1 on 1s only to end up losing.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:27 am

We were so bad. rofl  We only started cutting through them through Coutinho in injury time, he was playing some of his best football since he's come here in those few minutes.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:36 am

It's funny being this shit, but still being above Arsenal.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:42 am

Playing badly and getting 3 points is the sign of champions tho. Smile
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:48 am

Zzonked wrote:Playing badly and getting 3 points is the sign of champions tho. Smile
    Lol fuck off. There's bad and there's that.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:52 am

I thought we were at least okay going forward in the second half, mainly because Gerrard was kept in his special zone and Can and Henderson were more advanced.  Our defending was comical throughout.  Mignolet covered up his deficiencies with a few nice saves.  We should get top 5, although if Southampton are the real deal it's probably 6th for us.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:54 am

Glen Miller wrote:I thought we were at least okay going forward in the second half, mainly because Gerrard was kept in his special zone and Can and Henderson were more advanced.  Our defending was comical throughout.  Mignolet covered up his deficiencies with a few nice saves.  We should get top 5, although if Southampton are the real deal it's probably 6th for us.

I just can't believe we're only 4 points off 2nd.

Badly need Sturridge back.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:56 am

Do you think Balotelli will improve? As poor as he's been he hasn't really received the ball in dangerous areas, bar that rebound that he should've scored.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:58 am

Dagbon wrote:Do you think Balotelli will improve? As poor as he's been he hasn't really received the ball in dangerous areas, bar that rebound that he should've scored.

And the volley at point blank range against Everton, that Howard somehow got a touch to.

He's having a nightmare at the moment, but he should improve, especially when Sturridge is back. He could have had 2 today (aside from his terrible miss) but the QPR players got there first and scored own goals instead.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:53 am

He looked his best against Tottenham, the one time he played with Studge.  Fingers crossed.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:54 am

How does having Sturridge back sort out your horrendous defence?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:02 am

Keyser Söze wrote:How does having Sturridge back sort out your horrendous defence?

Best form of defence is attack, init.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:25 am

Defense is only one of our problems.  We are barely creating any chances, we can't keep the ball in midfield, and we aren't applying pressure to the opposition's defense or midfield.  At least a couple of those will be solved if Sturridge returns on form, and a possible return to form for Coutinho would help massively as well.  I don't think we'll sort out our defense this season.  We're still in the running for 4th place, so Rodgers might just get away with his spotty recruitment policy.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:58 am

Don't forget Joe Allen is back cheers

Dagbon wrote:Do you think Balotelli will improve? As poor as he's been he hasn't really received the ball in dangerous areas, bar that rebound that he should've scored.

He needs to stop shooting from range. Has he always done this? It's quite frustrating.
    _________

I thought Brad Friedel did a good job commentating.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Do we go with Allen or wittle Coutinho?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:46 am