Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
Sean
El_indian
Stranger
samiz
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Theo Filippo
Mal
Eternal Witcher
dena
vel
Scuba Steve
Vela
Eriksen
Dagbon
Novi
Mason
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Scouser_Dave
Grenade
28 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:50 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 4 BsUrVW3CUAAyzTa

@DuncanCastles Lazar Markovic leaves Lisbon with brother Filip and agent Ulisses Santos to become €25m Liverpool player. #LFC #SLB
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:32 am

Scott, which videos did you watch that made Markovic look great?  I watched a few and he looked like Coutinho without the passing ability.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:48 am

Glen Miller wrote:Scott, which videos did you watch that made Markovic look great?  I watched a few and he looked like Coutinho without the passing ability.

Not sure which one, it was on RAWK somewhere.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:33 am

Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:19 am

rofl That's fucking amazing, lmao.

Seen loads of Arsenal fans going mental about it on Twitter, but never bothered to look up the video, and after seeing it now ... that's just brilliant.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 am

Arsenal fans don't know anything about agonising adverts.  "Every goal matters" in summer 2012 after every fucking ad break on Sky.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:13 pm

I don't get it, why is that such a bad video?

Aren't they just trying to say that the Premier League is unpredictable and if you aren't watching it on BT Sport then you might be missing out on something fabulous?

fookin Gooners
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:43 am

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/11/alexis-sanchez-made-a-mistake-joining-arsenal-over-liverpool-says-phil-thompson-4794880/

rofl

I'm sure he is going to regret turning down the opportunity to play along side Rickie Lambert.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:52 am

You seem really bitter, Novi.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:19 am

Don't remember living through any antagonistic adverts. They showed Rooney's overhead kick on sky in most ad breaks for a long time, but I think I was already dead inside by the time that happened.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:57 am

Novi wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/11/alexis-sanchez-made-a-mistake-joining-arsenal-over-liverpool-says-phil-thompson-4794880/

rofl

I'm sure he is going to regret turning down the opportunity to play along side Rickie Lambert.
    This is just some old timer being mad because he said Sanchez to Liverpool was a done deal. Instead of taking it on the chin, acts like a petulant child. 

Embarrassing. Why it's a news article I'll never know.
    Eriksen
    Eriksen

Post by Eriksen Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Novi wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/11/alexis-sanchez-made-a-mistake-joining-arsenal-over-liverpool-says-phil-thompson-4794880/

rofl

Arsenal are only more attractive due to Wenger and based in London. If you take those 2 away, Liverpool are a FAR more attractive football club
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:46 pm

Eriksen wrote:

rofl

Arsenal are only more attractive due to Wenger and based in London. If you take those 2 away, Liverpool are a FAR more attractive football club
    Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:20 am

If Liverpool had had 3 players in a world cup winning team I'm sure Scott would have made a post about it followed by "  not worthy "
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:25 am

According to Anthony Barrett, we have distanced ourselves from rumors linking us to Reus, saying we are "baffled by reports linking us to a decent player."
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:47 am

You won't have money to sign both Reus and Cavani

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews · 2h
    There's news of a possible move to the Premier League for Edison Cavani #SSN
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:12 am

I've heard we've got 130m plus in the coffers.   Can't see why both aren't swimming over to us, half an hour talking to BRodge shouls be enough to convince any player.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:29 am

But in all seriousness I think you could sign Cavani. You have the money for the transfer fee and you can certainly match his wages at PSG. He was on €10million at PSG, wasn't Suarez on something like £10million? In terms of competition, he wants to play as a central striker, Chelsea won't be able to offer him that. I don't think City would either unless they sell someone, and besides I don't think City will be able to spend £60+million on him after buying Mangala for £32million. I see Manchester United as your only rivals, but again would they even want him with both RvP and Rooney and would he sign for them with them having no CL football.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:43 am

Personally I feel Cavani is overrated. I remember when people were saying he was better than Suarez rofl As if.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:52 am

Does that matter? He's better than anyone currently at Liverpool.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Personally I feel Cavani is overrated. I remember when people were saying he was better than Suarez rofl As if.

He was...
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:50 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Does that matter? He's better than anyone currently at Liverpool.

Pretty confident Sturridge would have a better goal return.

Last season: (Bearing in mind PL > French League)

Cavani - 16 goals in 30 games.

Sturridge - 21 goals in 29 games.

Not only that, but Sturridge is quick as fuck

I know who I'd have as the main striker.

Honestly do not want Cavani here. Never been impressed whenever I've seen him and I think he'd flop here, similarly to how I predict Costa will flop at Chelsea.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:08 am

He played wide last season, similar to Sturridge when he was at Chelsea.

Sturridge at Chelsea playing wide

2011-12   30 games 11 goals
    2012-13   7   games 1 goal

Cavani playing central for Napoli was immense
    2010–11 35 games 26 goals
    2011–12 35 games 23 goals
    2012–13 34 games 29 goals

If not Cavani, who would be your ideal big name/CL quality signing?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:39 am

Reus.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:14 am

Why would Reus or Cavani join Liverpool?  Reus is already playing for a better team and could have his pick of European clubs if he was moving and Cavani earns more than any of Liverpool's players.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:17 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Why would Reus or Cavani join Liverpool?  Reus is already playing for a better team and could have his pick of European clubs if he was moving and Cavani earns more than any of Liverpool's players.
    I agree that Reus is an unrealistic target for the reasons you stated, but I don't get your point about Cavani.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:23 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Why would Reus or Cavani join Liverpool?  Reus is already playing for a better team and could have his pick of European clubs if he was moving and Cavani earns more than any of Liverpool's players.
    I agree that Reus is an unrealistic target for the reasons you stated, but I don't get your point about Cavani.
    Are Liverpool realistically going to give Cavani the sort of money he's on at PSG?   I doubt it, they wouldn't even give Suarez that sort or money  and I can't see him taking a pay cut at this stage of his career.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:19 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 4 XcLnP5J
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:53 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:
    Are Liverpool realistically going to give Cavani the sort of money he's on at PSG?   I doubt it, they wouldn't even give Suarez that sort or money  and I can't see him taking a pay cut at this stage of his career.
    Suarez was on £200,000 a week at Liverpool, which is about £10million a year. As far as I know Cavani was on €10million a year at PSG which is about £8million. Unless you have sources which state otherwise.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:59 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Suarez was on £200,000 a week at Liverpool, which is about £10million a year. As far as I know Cavani was on €10million a year at PSG which is about £8million. Unless you have sources which state otherwise.

That was his net wage, players in England have their wages expressed in gross terms. Thanks to the rather Marxist French system he was on upwards of €40m a year if it was expressed in English terms. To match €10m a year net Liverpool would have to pay him about €20m (£15.94m) a year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:35 am