Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
Sean
El_indian
Stranger
samiz
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Theo Filippo
Mal
Eternal Witcher
dena
vel
Scuba Steve
Vela
Eriksen
Dagbon
Novi
Mason
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Scouser_Dave
Grenade
28 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:33 am

Scott_LFC wrote:I think you got the wrong idea Laughing

Praying Sanchez signs. Includes Sanchez in lineups.

Yeah, I'm sorry for getting the wrong idea.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:40 am

Who can you realistically sign that will top this?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:42 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Who can you realistically sign that will top this?
    Ryan Bertrand to replace the worst player in the top four divisions of English football?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:48 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:I think you got the wrong idea Laughing

What? That means I wanted us to sign him. I'd be an idiot not to. Doesn't mean I thought he was definitely coming.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:53 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Who can you realistically sign that will top this?
    Ryan Bertrand to replace the worst player in the top four divisions of English football?
    Bertrand and Johnson play on opposite sides though.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:00 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

What? That means I wanted us to sign him. I'd be an idiot not to. Doesn't mean I thought he was definitely coming.
    I knew you didn't "definitely" think he was coming. I even told Glen a few days ago I thought Liverpool could sign him. That's not the point, though.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:28 am

SBSP wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:
    Bertrand and Johnson play on opposite sides though.
    Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m88554qrnK1qzv4g5
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:36 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2687327/Steven-Gerrard-wont-start-half-Liverpool-games-Brendan-Rodgers-aims-captain-best.html?ico=sport^headlines

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 Yaaaa

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 RW63dL2

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_n7u48drQ9R1rww28c
    Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 504bce84de363
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:07 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

I knew you didn't "definitely" think he was coming. I even told Glen a few days ago I thought Liverpool could sign him. That's not the point, though.

What's the point then?

Mock formations and speculation is all part of being a fan.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:09 am

Glen Miller wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2687327/Steven-Gerrard-wont-start-half-Liverpool-games-Brendan-Rodgers-aims-captain-best.html?ico=sport^headlines

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 Yaaaa

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 RW63dL2

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_n7u48drQ9R1rww28c
    Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 504bce84de363

Bet it just means the Cup matches or something. He'll start all the PL and CL games Rolling Eyes

I'm just praying that Can somehow beasts his way into the starting 11 and forcing Gerrard out with supreme performances.

But who knows. He could just be another Spearing. We'll see.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:10 am

If he's another Poulsen that would be perfect, he'd easily force Gerrard to the bench with that level.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:05 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

What's the point then?

It's the fact you said Liverpool would now stop losing out on "CL quality" players and that you were a better prospect than Arsenal. Sanchez disproves both those points.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:43 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 BsNoj7oCEAADkiL

Champions League quality.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:46 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

What's the point then?

It's the fact you said Liverpool would now stop losing out on "CL quality" players and that you were a better prospect than Arsenal. Sanchez disproves both those points.

Hopefully he'll do an Ozil.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

Hopefully he'll do an Ozil.
    Doesn't matter if he does. Point will still stand.
    How does him flopping in the future diminish the fact he was a quality player when we signed him and that Liverpool fervently pursued his signature only for him to reject them in favour of Arsenal?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:37 pm

Suarez is gone.  Cringe worthy statements released by Liverpool, Rodgers and Suarez.

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 640x360_suarez_2_.v1405073954
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Never even played a single CL game for you.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:08 pm

Apparently his buy out clause was £80 million and the fee agreed is £65 million.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Suarez wrote:Stevie has told me about Champions League nights at Anfield. He said when you have played Champions League football at Anfield, you will never forget it. I want to try it for myself.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:12 pm

@GuillemBalague: The figures of Suárez cost: clause was €100 milion. FCB paid €81. The sale of Alexis (€34.6+3 depending targets) helped reduce the cost
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Suarez wrote:Stevie has told me about Champions League nights at Anfield. He said when you have played Champions League football at Anfield, you will never forget it. I want to try it for myself.
    inb4 Liverpool draw Barca.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Oh well, can I hate him now?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:14 pm

The Zlatan wrote:Apparently his buy out clause was £80 million and the fee agreed is £65 million.
    Is this according to Guillem Balague? He also said we paid £27 million +£2.3 million in future add ons for Sanchez when almost every other outlet is reporting £35 million.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:Oh well, can I hate him now?
    Be our guest.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:18 pm

After Owen, Gerrard became the star man. Then we had Torres, then after him, Suarez. In my lifetime, we've always ended up with a better player than we sold. Surely the trend ends with Suarez rofl

Inb4 Sterling turns into Messi.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:The fee will be undisclosed but Liverpool will feed the media total crap because their delusional fans have spent the last 3 years telling everyone he is a Ronaldo level player, they'll expect a Ronaldo level fee.  Getting over £20m less than what Spurs did for Bale would cause a great deal of discontent, but it's what's going to happen, they can't admit it.  If Barcelona were meeting the release clause there'd be no need for any negotiations.

Lol.

He will be going for £70-£80 million. (Or less + Sanchez).

Barcelona are reportedly (by Guardian, BBC etc) happy to meet the release clause. Negotiations are over method of payment/structure, not the fee itself.

there there

Scott_LFC wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Where do you think the Guardian and BBC are getting their information from?  It's Liverpool feeding the media shit to try and save face.  More fool you if you believe them.

rofl

Can't wait for when it's official, and everywhere says £70-80 million, including Barcelona.

"Liverpool probably told Barcelona to publish a fake fee, as part of the deal, to keep the Liverpool fans happy"

I like your tin-hat, RR. Where can I get one?

Scott_LFC wrote:Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC  23 mins
    Luis Suarez to Barcelona will, as expected, be a £75m cash deal. None of #LFC spending so far dependent on his sale

RR there there

Scott_LFC wrote:RR just mad that we've sold Suarez for Ronaldo/Bale money, even though he's 27 and a nutcase. Laughing

Scott_LFC wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

You haven't though, you've missed that by some margin.  Let's take your figures and pretend that they haven't been spun and that they're completely accurate.  Looking purely at the £ value, £75m today is worth less than £64m in 2009 money thanks to inflation, so that's a £26m deficit already.  If you think a £75m sale in 2014 is the same sort money as an £86m transfer in 2013 or an £80m transfer in 2009 then you're delusional.

rofl

Stop being so butthurt, man.

there there 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Lol, I'll stick to believing the likes of the Telegraph and BBC over that fraud, Balague, thanks.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:23 pm

Ballague has his hand on the faucet at Barca.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:24 pm

SkySports are now reporting that Liverpool are interested in Bony  Laughing 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:26 pm

No thanks, Jeff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am