Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
samiz
mauro95
Cam
Mason19294828838822
Theo Filippo
ResurrectionRooney
Scouser_Dave
Glen Miller
Grenade
Kuled
Novi
Jordi
Jordan Henderchip
Zzonked
menalawyerguy
The Zlatan
El_indian
Alan
Stranger
Eternal Witcher
Dagbon
Vela
26 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Keyser Söze Fri May 30, 2014 6:21 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

You actually believe this?

So?  rofl They are no better than Lambert.

Who are Arsenal linked with? Not hearing anything :)Not going to replace Giroud? Brilliant.
    Oh no! No transfer rumours from caughtoffside and Goal.com about Arsenal  Crying or Very sad 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 30, 2014 6:24 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Who are Arsenal linked with? Not hearing anything :)Not going to replace Giroud? Brilliant.
    Oh no! No transfer rumours from caughtoffside and Goal.com about Arsenal  Crying or Very sad 

Nor reliable sources.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Fri May 30, 2014 6:26 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Why is he not a CL quality signing then?

So Lambert would have only joined Liverpool if they were playing CL football?

You guys were rambling on about how this season would propel you to signing the Mkhitaryans, Costas and Willians of this world  rofl 

Possibly considering he's throwing away a regular place in the Southampton side to sit on the bench here. He's 32 and he's not going to get many other options to play in the CL.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri May 30, 2014 6:28 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

Nor reliable sources.

Arsenal.com have never published rumours, what is your point?
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Fri May 30, 2014 6:29 am

Mason19294828838822 wrote:I'm surprised Liverpool aren't interested in Remy. Didn't Redknapp say he was available for £8m?

He'd want to much in wages.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri May 30, 2014 6:29 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

You guys were rambling on about how this season would propel you to signing the Mkhitaryans, Costas and Willians of this world  rofl 

Possibly considering he's throwing away a regular place in the Southampton side to sit on the bench here. He's 32 and he's not going to get many other options to play in the CL.

What a sacrifice.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

What a sacrifice.

It is considering his starting place in the Southampton side got him a place in England's WC squad. Could well put a future call up in jeopardy if he's doesn't start regularly for us.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Fri May 30, 2014 7:18 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Apparently it's a ploy to help Southampton avoid paying a lot of money to Bournemouth (Lallana clause)

High prices for Lovren and Lambert, whilst only paying something like £2m for Lallana rofl
    That's not funny, that's a really scummy move.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 30, 2014 7:22 am

Agreed Glen. That's the sort of move one would expect from that evil despicable disgusting vile sick grasping vicious thieving Judas bald bastard Daniel Levy.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Fri May 30, 2014 7:34 am

It's all fun and games when it's John Henry.

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 John-henry_416x4161
    How can you not love this man?  Bringing back the glory days, bringing songs back to the hearts of the Anfield faithful.  

We're back, and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 001Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 001Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 001Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 001Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 001Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 001Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 001Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 001
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason19294828838822 Fri May 30, 2014 7:35 am

YNWA JFT96
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri May 30, 2014 9:24 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:Could well put a future call up in jeopardy

He's going to a WC in Brazil. I'm sure missing out on meaningless friendlies and qualifiers against Andorra for a tournament he won't be selected for won't bother him.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri May 30, 2014 11:22 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:That CL quality signing  rofl I'm sure this was only made possible because of finishing in the top 4  clap 

Why is he not a CL quality signing then?
    Because as you've already stated he's a back-up player.
    Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

Reliably linked with Lovren, Moreno and Shaqiri.

There's also several months to go before the transfer window closes, talk about a premature post.
     Laughing Oh look those real top quality players.
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

What a sacrifice.

It is considering his starting place in the Southampton side got him a place in England's WC squad. Could well put a future call up in jeopardy if he's doesn't start regularly for us.
    England won't need him anyway Andy "In it for the long term" Carroll would have had his 5 years at Liverpool by 2016.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri May 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Not the worst signing in the world, I do think Rick Lambert is better than Borini.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri May 30, 2014 8:53 pm

We're selling Suarez now

Lambert and Sturridge will be our partnership

going for the full English line-up
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 30, 2014 9:04 pm

I think it spells the end of Aspas' career here.

We'll keep Borini, I expect, unless we get a really good offer, then I think we'll bring in another striker.

At the end of the day, we've got the best 2 strikers in the League up front (factoring in the consistent injuries to Van Persie and Aguero) so any striker we can actually sign isn't going to start unless it's a Cup match, anyway (injuries permitting).

As a group of strikers, Suarez, Sturridge, Borini and Lambert is better than what any other team in the League can offer up, apart from City's freak quartet of Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic, which is down to how much money they have.

We're not going to be able to do a City and have 4 quality strikers (2 happy to sit on the bench thanks to massive wages). We just can't afford it.

So, Lambert's a good buy for what it is. We're already sorted in the attacking department, anyway (top 2 scorers in the League last season and Borini returning) so it's not a signing that needs to be carefully done, nor worth fretting about.

If we sign Lambert, then we will own 3 of the 4 players who got into double figures for goals and assists last season (Suarez, Sturridge, Lambert).

I personally think he'll prove useful, if we were to sign him. If he performs anything like how Crouch did for us once he found his shooting boots, then it'll be a good signing (big upgrade over Aspas, anyway, who scored 1 goal all season).

Lambert > Giroud. (not really)
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 30, 2014 9:10 pm

I'm more interested in who we're signing in defence and midfield.
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Post by Mason19294828838822 Fri May 30, 2014 9:10 pm

Scott, any chance you can show me them PM's I've been sending you? Thanks pal. Smile
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 30, 2014 9:13 pm

Regarding Lambert, the fee is being reported as £4m now. Relatively risk free.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this signing. We'll see how he does. It's a great story for him, anyway.

10 goals or more, it'll be worth the money.

If we get Lambert and Lallana before the WC, that's Johnson, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lallana, Lambert and Sturridge rofl

Fucking 7 Liverpool players in the England WC squad.

Last edited by Scott_LFC on Fri May 30, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Post by Mason19294828838822 Fri May 30, 2014 9:14 pm

Scott, any chance you can show everyone the PM's I've been sending to you? Thanks.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri May 30, 2014 10:05 pm

It's pretty obvious you know Lambert is shit, Scott.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 30, 2014 11:12 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:It's pretty obvious you know Lambert is shit, Scott.

One of only 4 players to hit double figures in both goals and assists last season. As a 3rd/4th choice striker, what more can you ask for?

Giroud got 24 goals and assists (16 and eight) in the League last season, Lambert got 23 (13 and 10), so in terms of productivity, they're almost identical (Giroud had better service too).

I think having a player who matches Arsenal's starting top scorer as our 3rd/4th choice striker is pretty good.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri May 30, 2014 11:18 pm

So this is the CL quality signing you were talking about a few weeks ago?  Laughing 

When you factor in the fact Suarez is leaving, it becomes an even worse signing.
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Post by Mason19294828838822 Fri May 30, 2014 11:21 pm

Hey Scott any chance of the PM's mate? Smile
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri May 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:So this is the CL quality signing you were talking about a few weeks ago?  Laughing 

When you factor in the fact Suarez is leaving, it becomes an even worse signing.

I think you overestimate what a CL quality signing is. Players like Giroud play in the CL. Lambert is on the same level.

But no, he's not one of the "CL quality" signings I was talking about, and I did not expect us to sign any "CL quality" strikers, as we already have 2. Any signings in the striker department were always going to be back up, and like I've said, for a 3rd/4th choice striker, what more can you ask for than a player who is on the same level as Arsenal's best striker?

The "CL quality" signings I expect us to make will be in defence and midfield, which I have already said a few times now, in case you hadn't noticed.

You wish Suarez was leaving.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat May 31, 2014 12:10 am

PS. Bids for Lovren, Shaqiri and Moreno is more what I was talking about when saying we'd attract the level of players that turned us down before, like Willian and Mkhitaryan.

Those players probably wouldn't want to come to Liverpool had we not finished with a CL spot.

As for Lallana and Can, both could surprise us, we'll see. I'd say a big chunk of signings that prove to be a success in the PL were relatively unknown or underrated prior to joining their new Club. Coutinho and Sturridge spring to mind in recent times for LFC. Players like Yaya Toure, Xabi Alonso, Vidic, Ronaldo, etc, fall into the same pattern.

Of course, it could go the other way and they could end up being another Aspas or whatever, but I like to think that we've learned from our mistakes.

Signing a big name doesn't always work out anyway. Look at Ozil.

Last edited by Scott_LFC on Sat May 31, 2014 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Post by Mason19294828838822 Sat May 31, 2014 12:11 am

Hey Scott, any chance of  you showing me the PM's I sent you? Thanks mate. Smile
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat May 31, 2014 1:18 am

Scott_LFC wrote:PS. Bids for Lovren, Shaqiri and Moreno is more what I was talking about when saying we'd attract the level of players that turned us down before, like Willian and Mkhitaryan.

Those players probably wouldn't want to come to Liverpool had we not finished with a CL spot.

As for Lallana and Can, both could surprise us, we'll see. I'd say a big chunk of signings that prove to be a success in the PL were relatively unknown or underrated prior to joining their new Club. Coutinho and Sturridge spring to mind in recent times for LFC. Players like Yaya Toure, Xabi Alonso, Vidic, Ronaldo, etc, fall into the same pattern.

Of course, it could go the other way and they could end up being another Aspas or whatever, but I like to think that we've learned from our mistakes.

A big name and a CL quality player aren't the same.

Lovern and Moreno certainly aren't signings that you'd associate with being dependent on CL football. I'm not saying they are shit players.

It looks like you made a big song and dance about you being on the up and being able to sign these "CL quality" players that will take you to the next level but in reality you're exactly the same as you've been for the past 4 years.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat May 31, 2014 1:47 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:PS. Bids for Lovren, Shaqiri and Moreno is more what I was talking about when saying we'd attract the level of players that turned us down before, like Willian and Mkhitaryan.

A big name and a CL quality player aren't the same.

Lovern and Moreno certainly aren't signings that you'd associate with being dependent on CL football. I'm not saying they are shit players.

It looks like you made a big song and dance about you being on the up and being able to sign these "CL quality" players that will take you to the next level but in reality you're exactly the same as you've been for the past 4 years.  

Lovren, perhaps not, but he'd be a fantastic signing either way.

Shaqiri and Moreno are. Moreno is on Real Madrid's radar, for Christ's sake. I think I even recall Theo saying we had no chance of signing him, which says it all, really.

At the end of the day, we haven't made any signings yet and you can't really get all giddy about us not making any "CL signings" until the window is closed, because you never know, we could pull something off that would shut you up.

But for argument's sake. What players would constitute as a CL signing in your world?
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Sat May 31, 2014 2:04 am

Scott_LFC wrote:

He will though, not every big name sets the league alight when they first join. Wink

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 MrJnZQL

for his first season I think he did very well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:46 am