Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Dagbon
El_indian
Stranger
Zzonked
Glen Miller
Alan
Scott_LFC
Eriksen
Keyser Söze
SBSP
Vela
15 posters

Could we be better without Gerrard?

Scott_LFC

Could we be better without Gerrard? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be better without Gerrard?

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:09 am

Zzonked wrote:Only criticism of Countinho is that he wasted a few chances in the first half with some shots that went very wide. He did play well though.

He has a tendency to do that Rolling Eyes

Seems to score in the important/big games, though.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Could we be better without Gerrard? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be better without Gerrard?

Post by Glen Miller Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:12 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Thought Suarez and Sturridge were poor yesterday. Good to see we can still win big matches with SAS having an off day. 

Sterling and Coutinho were immense.
    I don't think it's a coincidence that when Studge and Pistolero are having bad games (tightly marked) Pippo and Rah Rah tend to play extremely well, they clearly benefit from the excess attention SAS demand.  Could we be better without Gerrard? - Page 2 Icon_smile  Suarez is clearly on another level to Sturridge though, so the lack of space allows him to still create or score in those situations.

Sturridge looked like he had been playing with a knock all match.  His injury was a blessing in disguise, Allen came on, was exceptional, and helped us regain a bit of control.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:45 am

I thought Sturridge was taken off because he was a pedestrian all match, not because of injury.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:56 am

I'm fairly sure he had a knock. Could be wrong though.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:10 am

SBSP wrote:I'm fairly sure he had a knock. Could be wrong though.
    He looked in agony when he came off, although I was pulling the same face whenever he got the ball.
    Vela
    Vela

Post by Vela Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:08 pm

i WISH sTERLIN WAS WHITE SO HE WAS MORE LIKEABLE
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Vela wrote:i WISH sTERLIN WAS WHITE SO HE WAS MORE LIKEABLE

Completely agree
    Vela
    Vela

Post by Vela Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Could we be better without Gerrard? - Page 2 214qe6q_th
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:23 am

clap
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:25 am

SMacDougall wrote:Watching Gerrard these days, he seems to be a step behind everyone else in the match. Too many times have I seen the ball rolling to him/passed to him, only for him to stay static instead of approaching the ball, and thus be intercepted in the process, or for him to control it badly/let it slip under his foot or slip away from him.

clap
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:28 am

You can't blame him for the slip, that sort of shit happens. What you can blame him for is the most selfish performance in Premier League history. His desperation to be The Hero again fucked you over badly.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:29 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You can't blame him for the slip, that sort of shit happens.  What you can blame him for is the most selfish performance in Premier League history.  His desperation to be The Hero again fucked you over badly.

He let the ball roll under his foot prior to the slip. Of course I can blame him.
    Vela
    Vela

Post by Vela Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:31 am

Hope Gerrard gets shot tonight IMO

This neo-nazi fascist DJ-assaulting ice cream showing his leadership today rofl
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:39 am

Vela wrote:Hope Gerrard gets shot tonight IMO

Mate, you're being extremely harsh.  Didn't you see what happened after the slip?  The mountain of a man grabbed the ball and rushed it to the halfway line.  That's the kind of hero we're dealing with here, he doesn't want the trophy, he wants to bring joy to this club and this city.  He didn't whine or blame a teammate (he could easily have done so, Sakho's pass was heavy), he did his best to galvanize the troops.  He also took a lot of shots.

So please, stop blaming Steven Gerrard, he is probably angry with himself, so we really shouldn't start playing the blame game.

Did anyone else think Allen let the team down?
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason19294828838822 Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:43 am

Glen Miller wrote:

Mate, you're being extremely harsh.  Didn't you see what happened after the slip?  The mountain of a man grabbed the ball and rushed it to the halfway line.  That's the kind of hero we're dealing with here, he doesn't want the trophy, he wants to bring joy to this club and this city.  He didn't whine or blame a teammate (he could easily have done so, Sakho's pass was heavy), he did his best to galvanize the troops.  He also took a lot of shots.

So please, stop blaming Steven Gerrard, he is probably angry with himself, so we really shouldn't start playing the blame game.

Laughing
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:43 am

Could we be better without Gerrard? - Page 2 2ef1ff66737dee46f0e741a6e1425d88

And I thought I was pushing it with the Sakho bit, then I see this. rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:50 am

Laughing We used to joke on here about "members of the spastic society", I think that forum should be renamed to it.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:54 am

That's when they're losing, it's the "freak pit" when they're winning.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:00 am

Glen Miller wrote:

Laughing
    Glen Miller wrote:Could we be better without Gerrard? - Page 2 2ef1ff66737dee46f0e741a6e1425d88

rofl

Sad
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:04 am

Glen Miller wrote:Could we be better without Gerrard? - Page 2 2ef1ff66737dee46f0e741a6e1425d88

I blame Clichy for the throw in when Kompany screwed up v Liverpool too.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:06 am

Zzonked wrote:

It was an absolute banshee of a throw-in from Glen, to be fair to the Frenchman.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:13 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

It was an absolute banshee of a throw-in from Glen, to be fair to the Frenchman.

Oh I thought Clichy took it, my bad. I guess it wouldn't make sense as a defensive throw. Can't say I've watched that goal many times tbh.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:14 am

Clichy was partially at fault, his header flicked the ball into the box.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:12 am

Henderson wouldn't have made that mistake
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:09 am

Jordan Henderchip wrote:Henderson wouldn't have made that mistake
    He certainly would not have.  I can't believe Jordan Henderson is not our worst midfielder.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Glen Miller wrote:
    He certainly would not have.  I can't believe Jordan Henderson is not our worst midfielder.

I feel if he was playing we might still be partial favourites for the title
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    SMacDougall wrote:Watching Gerrard these days, he seems to be a step behind everyone else in the match. Too many times have I seen the ball rolling to him/passed to him, only for him to stay static instead of approaching the ball, and thus be intercepted in the process, or for him to control it badly/let it slip under his foot or slip away from him.

clap

So accurate.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Jordan Henderchip wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:

You already are, City are 5/6 Liverpool are 6/5 so it's still pretty close.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:38 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    Jordan Henderchip wrote:

we won't beat Palace and if we do, we won't beat Newcastle. If we win both of those, our goal difference still won't be good enough
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Jordan Henderchip wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    Jordan Henderchip wrote:

we won't beat Palace and if we do, we won't beat Newcastle. If we win both of those, our goal difference still won't be good enough

I think you'll beat Newcastle, but might have some trouble against Palace. City should beat Villa and West Ham, but might have some trouble against Everton. I edge to City comes in the goal difference. It's going to be a tight end to the year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:27 am