Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
El_indian
Ben 10
dena
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Zzonked
Phadunkin Donuts
Laurencio
Ham.
Big_Tihno
Drake
Gegilworld93
16 posters

what makes a player iconic? Top 5 icons of premier league?

Anonymous

what makes a player iconic? Top 5 icons of premier league? Empty what makes a player iconic? Top 5 icons of premier league?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:45 am

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish this week labelled his triumvirate of Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll as ‘iconic’ – is he right?

Kenny Dalglish wrote:The more any team gets iconic players like they are on the pitch the better chance they have of being successful. But we have got more than three players.

Of course not, andy carroll is a massive flop, how could he be an icon? But the other two are an interesting talking point. Although suarez hasnt played in the premier league for long, he has put his stake in liverpool history as a great striker, but still does this make him an icon? Whereas Gerrard is an icon, there is not much doubt in that.

they are all cunts though

shifty

and my top 5 icons for the premier league would be (these are players i have seen in my lifetime)
    1) Ryan Giggs
    2) Thierry Henry
    3) David Beckham
    4) Steven Gerrard
    5) Van Der Sar

Last edited by Ed on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

what makes a player iconic? Top 5 icons of premier league? Empty Re: what makes a player iconic? Top 5 icons of premier league?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:46 am

Playing for the badge i.e. never give up.

You're a bugger cunt tbh.
    Anonymous

what makes a player iconic? Top 5 icons of premier league? Empty Re: what makes a player iconic? Top 5 icons of premier league?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:47 am

This doesn't belong in the football section
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:47 am

Could you at least provide the quotes, so we can see the context in which he used the word 'iconic'?
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:48 am

Loyalty, playing for the badge, put good performances in in big games/vs rivals, loving the club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:48 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Playing for the badge i.e. never give up.

what makes a player iconic? Top 5 icons of premier league? 3925848005 never giving up, i believe there are alot of shite players that do this, are they icons?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:49 am

Scott. wrote:Could you at least provide the quotes, so we can see the context in which he used the word 'iconic'?
    i saw that sentence on another site, i will try and find the quote though.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:49 am

Cam wrote:This doesn't belong in the football section
    don't start another running gag that only you will be using what makes a player iconic? Top 5 icons of premier league? 279869

Last edited by Gegilworld93 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Personality and performance.
    Anonymous

Is this an icon in the premier league or an icon at their team?
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:49 am

Shearer should be in this Neutral
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:50 am

In no order:

Shearer
    Henry
    Gerrard
    Scholes
    Giggs
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:51 am

Ed wrote:
    Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Playing for the badge i.e. never give up.

what makes a player iconic? Top 5 icons of premier league? 3925848005 never giving up, i believe there are alot of shite players that do this, are they icons?

Yes, whether they are pish or not, all we ask of them is 100% commitment.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:51 am

shut up. it does.

Cam wrote:Is this an icon in the premier league or an icon at their team?
    an icon at their team in the history of the premier league.

Drake wrote:Shearer should be in this Neutral
    forgot him, but yes he should Simples
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    Ed wrote:what makes a player iconic? Top 5 icons of premier league? 3925848005 never giving up, i believe there are alot of shite players that do this, are they icons?

and then they are icons to you?
    Big_Tihno
    Big_Tihno

Supports : Al-Ittihad, Arsenal.

Post by Big_Tihno Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 am

Cecs.
    Anonymous

Ed wrote:
    Jelavić7|EFC wrote:

and then they are icons to you?

And every other genuine football supporter out there, yes.
    Anonymous

Ed wrote:
    shut up. it does.

Cam wrote:Is this an icon in the premier league or an icon at their team?
    an icon at their team in the history of the premier league.

Drake wrote:Shearer should be in this Neutral
    forgot him, but yes he should Simples

I was just saying what you said to me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    Ed wrote:and then they are icons to you?

so your saying if someone tries their hardest they are an icon? rofl
    Ham.
    Ham.

Post by Ham. Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 am

Die for the badge, personality, performances, a memorable moment...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:01 am

Also, I like how you just copy givemefootball.com Laughing
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:04 am

An Iconic figure doesn't necessarily have to have played in the league for the longest, or been the best. However he does need to be the first thing you think about when you mention the league/club. So for the premiership I reckon the likes of Rooney, Van Perise, Agüero, Silva, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Joe Hart etc etc are all "icons".
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:06 am

Big_Tihno wrote:Cecs.

Who?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 am

Cantona is the biggest icon for me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 am

Luis Suarez
    Paulo di Canio
    Peter Schmeichel
    Stuart Pearce
    John Terry
    Anonymous

Ed wrote:
    Jelavić7|EFC wrote:

so your saying if someone tries their hardest they are an icon? rofl

Yes, someone who is good i.e. Odemwingie, but is a moaning greeting wee cunt who only plays when he can be arsed, on the other hand is not.
    Anonymous

Iconic to me is a player who came in and took the leauge by storm or is a long serving player that is usually one of the best in the team sheet every week.

Of course if we go by the word's definition. Titus Bramble is an icon.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 am

Yes Cam, that is where i got the idea, but explain how i copied them?
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:10 am

Giggs
    Cantona
    Scholes
    Beckham
    Ronaldo
    /biased
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    Ed wrote:so your saying if someone tries their hardest they are an icon? rofl

Yes, someone who is good i.e. Odemwingie, but is a moaning greeting wee cunt who only plays when he can be arsed, on the other hand is not.
    i know he is not an icon, when did I suggest he was? My signature is merely to commemorate the day we beat wolves 5-1. But srs an iconic player has to be an important and good player imo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:26 am