Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Mouse
Hitchy
Bushido
El Jefe
Bebe_Fun
moscowmadeit3
Jordi
Barton
Grenade
Jamie
Danny
Jord
Kuled
menalawyerguy
18 posters

Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever

Hitchy
    Hitchy

Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 4 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever

Post by Hitchy Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Jord wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Tbh, at his best, Gerrard is the best midfielder I've ever seen, but not right now imo. Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 4 279869

Better than Zidane? Come on now.
    Zidane himself called Steven Gerrard the greatest player in the world.
    Didn't Zidane also call Scholes the most complete footballer he'd seen? How can a player be a complete footballer if they can't tackle confused
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 4 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Hitchy wrote:
    Jord wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Tbh, at his best, Gerrard is the best midfielder I've ever seen, but not right now imo. Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 4 279869

Better than Zidane? Come on now.
    Zidane himself called Steven Gerrard the greatest player in the world.
    Didn't Zidane also call Scholes the most complete footballer he'd seen? How can a player be a complete footballer if they can't tackle confused

Scholes is a great tackler...if he was a Rugby player.

Anyway, I'm not a frog honk by any means so it pains me to admit this, but there is at least one French guys who deserve to be on the list before Gerrard: Platini. I hate to say that too because I definitely favor roast beefs over frogs. Crying or Very sad
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:You mad.

What's he carried a team on his own to?

An FA Cup And Champions League Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 4 644235
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:26 pm

He won that Champions League single handedly? He hit that cracker that got them out of the group stage if I remember correctly (what a hit son!), but I seem to remember that campaign in general being a fairly comprehensive team effort. No?
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:30 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:He won that Champions League single handedly? He hit that cracker that got them out of the group stage if I remember correctly (what a hit son!), but I seem to remember that campaign in general being a fairly comprehensive team effort. No?

He was a pretty outstanding performer in most games and he also started the comeback that dragged us back into the final there were also other good players but he really shone
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Could say it's right, fucking carries Liverpool most weeks.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:33 pm

mouseboy11 wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:He won that Champions League single handedly? He hit that cracker that got them out of the group stage if I remember correctly (what a hit son!), but I seem to remember that campaign in general being a fairly comprehensive team effort. No?

He was a pretty outstanding performer in most games and he also started the comeback that dragged us back into the final there were also other good players but he really shone

His header was a beauty and his dive that gave Xabi the tying penalty kick was Oscar worthy. Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:03 am

You could also say that Jerzy Dudek won it for us tbh.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:08 am

Or Hamann.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:38 am

Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:48 am

Mr. Ree wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:I can't see how Gerrard can be said in the same sentence as the Maradonas and the Peles....

I completely did not expect to hear this from an Everton fan.

Rolling Eyes

Oh don't be so childish, women.

But the thing is, I agree Gerrard is an amazing player and has dragged you lot out of many many MANY scraps, ask any Evertonian and they will say the same, but WORLD 11? don't make me laugh, wouldn't and shouldn't this or any world eleven go on accomplishments as well?.

Also you cannot put him in the same room as the gods of football because that is what Pele and Maradona essentially are also just because Zidane said he is class doesn't mean he should be in the world eleven, especially considering you wouldn'...t go down the bookies with Pele .....

This has nothing to do with being an Everton fan so you can take that chip of your shoulder, agreed I give you lot shit but right now I am deadly serious with no bias whatsoever because as I said previous I think Gerrard is an amazing player, who IMHO should have went to Chelsea when he got the chance and actually become the best midfielder the world has ever seen, instead he was stook at Liverpool with mediocrity and poor managers, bad owners ect ect.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:49 am

Its not offical!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Not only is it crazy that Gerrard is considered one of the best 11 players to ever play the sport, but they choose him as right wing!! There is so many players that I could think of that would make better use. If you are going to put Gerrard in the squad, you might as well put him in his right position.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:26 pm

Why are so many people over exaggerating this un-official selection? It's not a 'discrace' or 'crazy'. He probably shouldn't be in the all time great list, but he's not far off and with this people are throwing these words at Gerrard and make him sound shite.

Polska even going as far to saying he isn't even close to being the best in his positon in the Premier League.

Last edited by Jord on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Many other more accomplished players deserved to be on right midfield.

On top form, I can't think of a better midfielder who can defend and attack as efficiently though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Nightmare wrote:Oh don't be so childish, women.

But the thing is, I agree Gerrard is an amazing player and has dragged you lot out of many many MANY scraps, ask any Evertonian and they will say the same, but WORLD 11? don't make me laugh, wouldn't and shouldn't this or any world eleven go on accomplishments as well?.

Also you cannot put him in the same room as the gods of football because that is what Pele and Maradona essentially are also just because Zidane said he is class doesn't mean he should be in the world eleven, especially considering you wouldn'...t go down the bookies with Pele .....

This has nothing to do with being an Everton fan so you can take that chip of your shoulder, agreed I give you lot shit but right now I am deadly serious with no bias whatsoever because as I said previous I think Gerrard is an amazing player, who IMHO should have went to Chelsea when he got the chance and actually become the best midfielder the world has ever seen, instead he was stook at Liverpool with mediocrity and poor managers, bad owners ect ect.

A terrible, terrible post.

"Oh don't be so childish, women"

First of all, It's woman, not women. Unless you're trying to say I'm more than one woman?

Secondly, that's nearly as bad as a 'yo mama' joke. There is no need to throw insults like that around, especially on the internet as it's extremely cowardly when you're hiding behind a computer screen.

I may as well call you a poo head!

Right, now for some clarification.

When I made the little 'Everton fan' joke, I was in no way claiming that Gerrard deserved a place in the World XI. I even stated in my first post that I would have several players in there before him. The 'Everton fan' comment/joke was just me showing how unsurprised I was to read your statement that Gerrard shouldn't be uttered in the same breath as names like Pele and Maradona, due to the fact you're an Everton fan. You can always rely on an Everton fan to state the obvious! Especially if it ties with negativity towards Liverpool.

Basically, your whole post has just been rendered invalid, because you clearly misinterpreted what I meant by my 'Everton fan' comment.
    I Love Cake
    I Love Cake

Post by I Love Cake Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:13 pm

He's gona retire without ever winning the Prem
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:28 pm

Jord wrote:Why are so many people over exaggerating this un-official selection? It's not a 'discrace' or 'crazy'. He probably shouldn't be in the all time great list, but he's not far off and with this people are throwing these words at Gerrard and make him sound shite.

Polska even going as far to saying he isn't even close to being the best in his positon in the Premier League.

Well Polska has something against anything English. So of course he'll argue that.
    VamosXeneizes_10
    VamosXeneizes_10

Post by VamosXeneizes_10 Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:56 am

Gerrard is probably my favorite english player and he is quite fun to watch, but there is no way that he is one of the four best midfielders ever.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:43 am

My post is valid, now go reply properly, poo head.
    VamosXeneizes_10
    VamosXeneizes_10

Post by VamosXeneizes_10 Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:55 am

Gerrard is not even one of the top four midfielders in the world now and furthermore it would be a stretch to say he was ever one of the best four in the world at any given time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:01 am

I dont see why people hate on Gerrard.

If he had played for a different club he would have a cabinet full of league medals.

His passing is easily as good as the great Zidane's, yes ZIDANE. I saw Gerrard running toward his own goal to retrieve the ball the other day against Everton, then he instantly turned and smashed it 40 yards to the feet of Torres making a run. Its like he had eyes in the back of his head and the pass was insane, he does shit like this all the time and gets no credit.

Probably because he doesn't do step-overs and little flicks to make it look pretty so people dont rate him as highly, but to be quite honest. Stick Gerrard at his best in the middle of the park and there are few players that will take a game to the other team like he does.

Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 am

The-Reporter wrote:I dont see why people hate on Gerrard.

If he had played for a different club he would have a cabinet full of league medals.

His passing is easily as good as the great Zidane's, yes ZIDANE. I saw Gerrard running toward his own goal to retrieve the ball the other day against Everton, then he instantly turned and smashed it 40 yards to the feet of Torres making a run. Its like he had eyes in the back of his head and the pass was insane, he does shit like this all the time and gets no credit.

Probably because he doesn't do step-overs and little flicks to make it look pretty so people dont rate him as highly, but to be quite honest. Stick Gerrard at his best in the middle of the park and there are few players that will take a game to the other team like he does.

Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 4 207657

This is what I'm trying to say. I thought people appreciated his ability. From what i've read on this forum people are underrating him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:04 am

How rare is it to see a post like this?

Very.

People seem to really hate on Liverpool and their players these days.

I salute you.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:08 am

Jord wrote:

Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 4 207657

This is what I'm trying to say. I thought people appreciated his ability. From what i've read on this forum people are underrating him.
    I can safely say he is the best English midfielder i have ever seen.

The best time to watch him is when he gets pissed off imo. Suddenly he starts popping up everywhere on the pitch making tackles, crazy long accurate passes, smashing crosses in from both wings, driving runs, mad powerful shots.. in a 10 minute spell it can be beautiful to watch.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:10 am

Nightmare wrote:My post is valid, now go reply properly, poo head.

This was the exact kind of response I actually expected.

Instead of admitting that you got the wrong end of the stick and that your entire post was basically rendered invalid due to the fact you misunderstood me drastically, you revert to protecting your ego and making it out as if you don't care. Nice save.

You really can't rely on Everton fans to put up a good discussion or to act chivalrous when proven wrong. They seem to be intent on being extremely childish and immature. (from what I've seen of Everton fans, particularly you, so far on this forum)
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 am

Mr. Ree wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:My post is valid, now go reply properly, poo head.

This was the exact kind of response I actually expected.

Instead of admitting that you got the wrong end of the stick and that your entire post was basically rendered invalid due to the fact you misunderstood me drastically, you revert to protecting your ego and making it out as if you don't care. Nice save.

You really can't rely on Everton fans to put up a good discussion or to act chivalrous when proven wrong. They seem to be intent on being extremely childish and immature. (from what I've seen of Everton fans, particularly you, so far on this forum)

You are the one who started on me because I misspelled a word... and the post wasn't directed at you it was directed at the people agreeing that he should be in the world 11 so sort it out please mate because what I said is what I believe and if you don't want to discuss it with me then you can fuck off.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:26 am

I'm sorry, but when someone quotes me, and starts off the post by calling me a 'women' then I'm pretty confident that it's directed at me.

Don't try and worm your way out of it.

Hey, I'm perfectly willing to discuss that Gerrard shouldn't be in the World XI and I've already stated this several times, but that's just gone over your empty head, hasn't it? Whoosh.

You just can't seem to admit that you misunderstood my 'Everton fan' post. An apology is in order, but don't worry. I know you won't want to hinder your 'tough internet man' image and bravado with a wimpy apology. So I'm not expecting one.

Swearing gets you nowhere, but it does make you look immature.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:30 am

Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 4 Jackson_popcorn
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:33 am

Mr. Ree wrote:I'm sorry, but when someone quotes me, and starts off the post by calling me a 'women' then I'm pretty confident that it's directed at me.

Don't try and worm your way out of it.

Hey, I'm perfectly willing to discuss that Gerrard shouldn't be in the World XI and I've already stated this several times, but that's just gone over your empty head, hasn't it? Whoosh.

You just can't seem to admit that you misunderstood my 'Everton fan' post. An apology is in order, but don't worry. I know you won't want to hinder your 'tough internet man' image and bravado with a wimpy apology. So I'm not expecting one.

Swearing gets you nowhere, but it does make you look immature.

I'm not an internet tough man Laughing I understand where you are coming from and yes I did think you meant the whole "Everton fan saying bad things about a Liverpool player, what's new" but I wasn't saying it in bias because I believe Gerrard to be an amazing player but that isn't the point because that was mentioned in my previous post.

The part about you being a women was a bit harsh and that's only because I am sick of the fact that if I disagree with anything Liverpool I am automatically branded a bitter or the like and it gets annoying, same when I mentioned about Hodgson staying in the liverpool thread.

The meat of the thread was more based on anybody who said he should be in there because I know a lot of you do think that and that's fine but my post was valid for those exact reasons, so apologies mate if you actually didn't mean it as it looked and I guess I will believe you this time but things over the internet have no voice and it is hard to tell when somebody is being a cunt or genuine....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:15 am