Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Mouse
Hitchy
Bushido
El Jefe
Bebe_Fun
moscowmadeit3
Jordi
Barton
Grenade
Jamie
Danny
Jord
Kuled
menalawyerguy
18 posters

Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever

Anonymous

Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 3 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:56 am

Remember people, this isnt official Laughing
    Anonymous

Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 3 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:01 am

Jord wrote:
    Bebe_Fun wrote:Gerrard did absolute nothing for England, I can name better club players on the right side midfield than him too.
    He's been Englands best player for quite a while now Neutral Ever since Rooney stopped scoring.

This as well, in qualification (for the World Cup) Rooney and Gerrard were our best players, and Rooney has just been shite since then (he done alright in his last 3 qualification games for the Euro's) and Gerrard has been by far our best player, last season Gerrard was completely shit, but he's still one of the best in the world now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:08 am

Jord wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    Jord wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:It's undebatable. He doesn't belong there.
    Ability wise he does. I will debate to the end of the time about this.

Do you consider him a massive underachiever then?
    Definetely. But he is easily the most complete midfielder in the world. You can't name anyone more all round of a football player in midfield than him.

De Rossi only lacks the flair and maybe speed that Gerrard has.

But they are different midfielders though. Flair/Speed don't matter to him much.
    Bebe_Fun
    Bebe_Fun

Supports : Itchy Balls

Post by Bebe_Fun Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:32 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Jord wrote:
    Bebe_Fun wrote:Gerrard did absolute nothing for England, I can name better club players on the right side midfield than him too.
    He's been Englands best player for quite a while now Neutral Ever since Rooney stopped scoring.

This as well, in qualification (for the World Cup) Rooney and Gerrard were our best players, and Rooney has just been shite since then (he done alright in his last 3 qualification games for the Euro's) and Gerrard has been by far our best player, last season Gerrard was completely shit, but he's still one of the best in the world now.
    I dont know what games you were watching because this is completey not true. Gerrard wasthe best England player in SA, but in WC qualifications he was one of the worst players, he went missing on the left almost every game, did nothing just like his previous 80+ caps.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:32 am

Now that I come to think of it, I actually struggle to name a player equal to Gerrard when on top form. People say Fabregas is superior, but is he really? Gerrard is a better header of the ball, he's arguably faster, he has a better goal to game ratio, a much better shot, he's stronger and a much better tackler and he's more determined and passionate in the way he plays (when on top form)

Fabregas is arguably the better passer of the ball, but even that can be debated tbh. Gerrard is an excellent passer of the ball. Just look at his set ups to Torres' goal crazy first season, particularly the debut goal against Chelsea.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:34 am

Fabregas is currently better than Gerrard imo, not by a lot though.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:36 am

kyro7 wrote:Fabregas is currently better than Gerrard imo, not by a lot though.

Can Fabregas single handedly bring Arsenal back level to 2-2 after being 2-0 down against Man United at Old Trafford?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:38 am

Gerrard scored a penalty and a freekick.

Wow, lets go mental.

You know what, Fabregas coming on half injured v Aston Villa smashing in a freekick and another goal, is much more impressive imo.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:40 am

Gerrard is still better than Fabregas is every way. If both on equal form per say then Gerrard is better.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:42 am

Tbh, at his best, Gerrard is the best midfielder I've ever seen, but not right now imo. shifty
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:43 am

I'd say Fabregas is better than Gerrard as a central midfielder to be honest. Maybe as an all-round player Gerrard is better though. Ask me who I'd want behind Torres and it's Gerrard, ask me who I want in centre midfield it's Fabregas.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:44 am

Jamie wrote:I'd say Fabregas is better than Gerrard as a central midfielder to be honest. Maybe as an all-round player Gerrard is better though. Ask me who I'd want behind Torres and it's Gerrard, ask me who I want in centre midfield it's Fabregas.

Lets be honest though, Michael Carrick > both of them.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:45 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Jamie wrote:I'd say Fabregas is better than Gerrard as a central midfielder to be honest. Maybe as an all-round player Gerrard is better though. Ask me who I'd want behind Torres and it's Gerrard, ask me who I want in centre midfield it's Fabregas.

Lets be honest though, Michael Carrick > both of them.

You know I love Michael Carrick, what a triffic player.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:46 am

In his defence, 06/08 and a half he was good.

shifty
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:47 am

Yeah, then Xaviesta tore his bum to bits and he never recovered.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:48 am

-_-

Gerrard > Xavi.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:49 am

Nah, Xavi is da man.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:57 am

Gerrard not worthy
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:00 am

Jamie wrote:Nah, Xavi is da man.
    no Gerrard > Xavi
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:01 am

Gerrard has the complete midfielder model.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:13 am

I can't see how Gerrard can be said in the same sentence as the Maradonas and the Peles....

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:26 am

Nightmare wrote:I can't see how Gerrard can be said in the same sentence as the Maradonas and the Peles....

I completely did not expect to hear this from an Everton fan.

Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:29 am

Nightmare wrote:I can't see how Gerrard can be said in the same sentence as the Maradonas and the Peles....

dont worry, its not offical Wink
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:34 am

Maradona and Pele were forwards. So again... You can't compare arguably the 2 greatest players ever to him.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:41 pm

kyro7 wrote:Tbh, at his best, Gerrard is the best midfielder I've ever seen, but not right now imo. shifty

Better than Zidane? Come on now.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:43 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Tbh, at his best, Gerrard is the best midfielder I've ever seen, but not right now imo. Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 3 279869

Zidane himself called Steven Gerrard the greatest player in the world.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:53 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Tbh, at his best, Gerrard is the best midfielder I've ever seen, but not right now imo. shifty

Overall, yes. Neutral

Gerrard could carry a team on his own.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:34 pm

You mad.

What's he carried a team on his own to?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Jord wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Tbh, at his best, Gerrard is the best midfielder I've ever seen, but not right now imo. Steven Gerrard makes it into the all time best World XI ever - Page 3 279869

Zidane himself called Steven Gerrard the greatest player in the world.

Yea, at that particular point in time. Messi is the greatest player in the world right now. Does that mean he's better than Pele?

Over the balance of their careers, it's not even debatable who was better between Zidane and Gerrard. And it's almost embarrassing that it needs to be said. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:00 pm

To be honest, you could make another few Elite 11's who would be just as good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:24 am