Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
menalawyerguy
Uncle John from Jamaica
Marvin
dena
Mal
luke.
Theo Filippo
Lux
El Jefe
Pippo
Carlos Jenkinson
Jordi
Jamie
Drake
Mouse
Ben
Danny
Barton
Kuled
wellz
24 posters

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby

Anonymous

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:14 am

James ♠ wrote:There is a difference between playing a couple of longballs and having it as your gameplan. Of course teams play a couple of longballs. QPRs game plan is to play direct football.

Direct doesn't mean just launching it towards a lump if a target man though which seems to be what you're implying. I agree with most of the points you've brought up but I think it's unfair to label QPR as a solely longball/hoofball side.
    Anonymous

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:15 am

Think the rugby comment was a bit harsh, they're doing what they have to do to beat the better team.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:15 am

It worked when we dominated Chelsea. Smile
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:16 am

Hey, if we were top of the league I wouldn't care what we were labelled as. Fact is, we would have done it better than the other 23 teams. The aim is to kick the ball in the goal, the more it gets there then the better you are. Who cares how. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:16 am

The-Reporter wrote:It worked when we dominated Chelsea. Smile
    Everyone dominated Chelsea tbh. shifty
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:16 am

Didn't work on Saturday. Wink
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:17 am

Sunderland dominated Chelsea... among a few others who dominated us.. not that hard on our run of form at the time facepalm

Still, Ancelotti vs Arsenal = 3 - 1. cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:23 am

yarnbury11 wrote:
    Didn't work on Saturday. Wink
    Nasri is coming to get you. there there
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:12 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Tom wrote:Yes Luxz0rz, because metaphors are the complete reality.... Why don't Ipswich players pick up the ball to score a try?, maybe because it is fucking football u fool. Why the hell are you trying to defend logic that hoofing the ball is part of football, of course it is... I bet you'd say Spaniards and the English play the same way because in the end it's the same game right? facepalm

Obviously gone right over your head. The fact that he's saying Ipswich don't play football because they don't play how Arsenal does and he thinks football should be played is what is stupid. In the end Ipswich played better football and they won...trying to boost your fragile ego by claiming that you play great football and Ipswich don't even when you play shit and lose is pathetic.

Tom wrote:
    Sick of Fabregas bashers, other teams should focus on developing your own world beating passers instead of ranting at Cesc because he said something reasonable

So world beating that every challenging pass he made failed. I rate Fabregas normally but he played shit.

What he said wasn't reasonable, it was a joke.

If Ipswich lost they wouldn't have said "We tried to play football but Arsenal wouldn't play football and just passed it short in triangles and got lucky by threading it through to Walcott". Simple as. If you think that Arsenal/Barcelona's style of football is the greatest ever tactic, better than all others etc and no other tactics are honourable and are instead cheap, lack skill/talent etc then you need your head checked.

1. No it's not that it's the fact that he's talking about how physical play over turns skill it football, of course physical play to the extent where it doesn't become a foul its perfectly fine but the fact that they used cheap legitimate tactics is what he's talking about and it's fucking painful to watch and will not bring consistent results.

You're basically arguing that
    Win = better football
    lose = worse football

and again that is some messed up mentality, at the end of the day Ipswich were the better team but that does not at all mean they played better football.

2. The fuck you on about, how is any of that relevant? it makes no sense and you just state the obvious
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:17 am

Its like saying Inter played better football than Barcelona in the champions league... fuck did they.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:27 am

The-Reporter wrote:Its like saying Inter played better football than Barcelona in the champions league... fuck did they.

Depends what your perspective of "better football" is.

I was more impressed with Inter....and not in the same way that you could say "I respect Ipswich because you expect them to lose but they played well"....I just thought Inter had a better game plan and it worked....like Arsenal against Ipswich Barcelona can pass as many times as they want but if you can't get through and score to win the game then it's all for nothing.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:32 am

Danny wrote:Someone should probably tell him that when he was a kid, Arsenal played similar football to the one he's moaning about Neutral

And somebody should tell you that that is about as relevant as the radius of Ronaldo's cornhole.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:39 am

And you should log off the computer and go stand in your 'yard' chanting USA over and over. Neutral
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:44 am

yarnbury11 wrote:And you should log off the computer and go stand in your 'yard' chanting USA over and over. Neutral

And you should measure the radius of my cornhole, square it, multiply it by pi and then based on your own personal average rate of cornhole area licked per hour, calculate how long it would take you to lick the entire surface area of my cornhole. Report back with your findings and I'll reward you with a souvenir in the form of a bottled fart from my dog's cornhole.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:47 am

btw-I don't have a yard. I live in a fucking desert. -_-
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 am

That is a very unlikely statement.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 am

Fabregas is starting to talk like Xavi, I guess its the Barca DNA kicking in Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby - Page 4 932713
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:53 am

yarnbury11 wrote:That is a very unlikely statement.

Which one? The one about figuring how long it would take you to lick up my cornhole, the one about rewarding you with a souvenir Rocky fart or the one about me not having a yard due to living smack in the middle of an arid plain of sand and camels?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:06 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    yarnbury11 wrote:And you should log off the computer and go stand in your 'yard' chanting USA over and over. Neutral

And you should measure the radius of my cornhole, square it, multiply it by pi and then based on your own personal average rate of cornhole area licked per hour, calculate how long it would take you to lick the entire surface area of my cornhole. Report back with your findings and I'll reward you with a souvenir in the form of a bottled fart from my dog's cornhole.
    rofl
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:13 am

Menalawyerguy is like one of those really smart hillbillies, quite dangerous really. Brb brushing my yellow teeth and shinin the governors shoes Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:15 am

19Jones19v wrote:Either way, Ipswich are still going out. Great achievement for them to reach the semi's though, but they're run ends at the Emirates Neutral
    STFU and GTFO. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:Either way, Ipswich are still going out. Great achievement for them to reach the semi's though, but they're run ends at the Emirates Neutral
    STFU and GTFO. Neutral
    Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby - Page 4 950455 How about you shut the fuck up for once. Kids nowadays Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby - Page 4 684775
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:31 pm

I dont think its a definite win at the emirates. They might have 10 players sat in their box for 90 minutes, it could be near enough impossible to score. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:48 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    STFU and GTFO. Neutral
    He's right though tbh, fair play to them getting a result, but Emirates is one step too far.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:10 am

kyro7 wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    STFU and GTFO. Neutral
    He's right though tbh, fair play to them getting a result, but Emirates is one step too far.

Is it? West Brom and Newcastle got wins there, Leeds got a draw. Not exactly the fortress of solitude. bounce
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 am

It depends who we play. If we start Bendtner and Arshavin with there form at the moment, I doubt we'll break through if they park the bus. If we play Cesc, Nasri, Walcott and RvP, even if they do park the bus I can still see us breaking through.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:34 am

dena wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    STFU and GTFO. Neutral

Is it? West Brom and Newcastle got wins there, Leeds got a draw. Not exactly the fortress of solitude. bounce
    Yes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:15 am

dena wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    STFU and GTFO. Neutral

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby - Page 4 58503
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Post by ricky//habana Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:36 am

grenade187 wrote:Fabregas is starting to talk like Xavi, I guess its the Barca DNA kicking in Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby - Page 4 932713
    exactly. You can take the man out of Barca...
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:16 am

kyro7 wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    STFU and GTFO. Neutral

Can't believe how short minded some of the fans of top teams are.

When will you learn that ANYTHING can happen in football? I bet you had the same "No way in a million years" attitude towards Blackpool getting the double over Liverpool....or Hercules beating Barcelona at the Camp Nou.

Ipswich can get a result at the Emirates......I'm not banking on them doing so but to agree with Jones when he's acting like Arsenal have already one is a typical EAUK style embarrassment waiting to happen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:08 am