Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
menalawyerguy
Uncle John from Jamaica
Marvin
dena
Mal
luke.
Theo Filippo
Lux
El Jefe
Pippo
Carlos Jenkinson
Jordi
Jamie
Drake
Mouse
Ben
Danny
Barton
Kuled
wellz
24 posters

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby

Post by Lux Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:23 am

^ He still has a superiority complex about the way Arsenal play and even though you were shit apparently you played better (which I'm guessing is based on the fact that he passed it to Wilshere and Denilson 100 times and nothing happened out of it)

Apparently Ipswich didn't play football, but the way Arsenal play is football. Very comparable to the arrogance of Xavi talking about Barcelona "playing football the way it was supposed to be played".

Long ball IS a part of football, being on that pitch is football so he needs to learn what football actually is.
    Anonymous

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:29 am

Lux are you telling us Fabregas or Xavi never hit a long ball?

They're the fucking masters at it. Neutral
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:32 am

The-Reporter wrote:The funniest thing about this thread is people haven't even read Fabregas' quotes then slag him off for being a "moaner".

What did he moan about? Here is the first line of the OP:
    Defiant Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas maintains the Gunners must deal with whatever "rugby" tactics other teams throw at them - and warned Ipswich they will be handed a real football lesson in the second leg of their Carling Cup semi-final at Emirates Stadium.
    Now where in Cesc's quotes does he warn Ipswich they will be handed a real football lesson? He says credit to them and he's confident we can deal with them at the Emirates, and why shouldn't he be?
    "I don't know it if it is long ball or it is a rugby kick, but it worked for them," Fabregas said.

"In England, a lot of teams play like that and it works for them, they create chances like that and it is their football.

"We just have to put the ball on the floor and try to play football, that is what we do.

"I can only remember two opportunities for them, but it was from a long, long ball because playing football they could not really get behind us or attack us.

"It is a bit disappointing because I think we were the much better team.

"Credit to them because they played well, but Arsenal made the football, the other team refused to play football, they were lucky to score with a long ball.

"But it was one of those nights and now we have to make it at the Emirates in two weeks."

Fabregas added: "It is a 1-0, and of course we did not want to lose, but it is not a 3-0 or 4-0 so we are confident at home we can make it back.

"It is not the same to play at Stamford Bridge as it is to come here.

"Here they play in front of their fans, they are more motivated, the pitch is not as good as Stamford Bridge, so they play their game.

"They know how to do it and did it very well, so credit to them.

"Now we will see how they cope at the Emirates against us.

"We are confident we can do it there."
    I don't get this post. You are trying to defend the fact that he isn't moaning and then posts quotes which show that's exactly what he is doing..think
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:33 am

The-Reporter wrote:Lux are you telling us Fabregas or Xavi never hit a long ball?

They're the fucking masters at it. Neutral

Why deviate from the point I'm making?

but Arsenal made the football, the other team refused to play football, they were lucky to score with a long ball.

Just one part of a whole interview full of stupidity.

Ipswich refused to play football? I'm pretty sure they didn't walk off the pitch. Lucky to score from a long ball? It wasn't the only chance that came from that tactic....Priskin could've scored earlier and the only luck for Ipswich was that Arsenal's defence was terrible.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:36 am

Where did Fabregas moan?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:38 am

James ♠ wrote:Yep, no need to try deny it. You only have Tarrabt and Faurlin who can play football. All your strikers are used for the longball game.

Tommy Smith can play football as could Mackie ( techincally he's not great he's not great but still a capable footballer). and the Norwegian who's come in could play in a short passing side.

Hulse and Helguson are strong and good in the air but aren't very mobile what's the point in playing a way where they aren't effective? The football Warnock has the team playing is direct but it doesn't consist of just long balls.

it's off topic but most of what I'd of said has been posted already Ipswich would find it very difficult to compete if they played Arsenal at their own game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:41 am

LoneRanger wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:Yep, no need to try deny it. You only have Tarrabt and Faurlin who can play football. All your strikers are used for the longball game.

Tommy Smith can play football as could Mackie ( techincally he's not great he's not great but still a capable footballer). and the Norwegian who's come in could play in a short passing side.

Hulse and Helguson are strong and good in the air but aren't very mobile what's the point in playing a way where they aren't effective? The football Warnock has the team playing is direct but it doesn't consist of just long balls.

it's off topic but most of what I'd of said has been posted already Ipswich would find it very difficult to compete if they played Arsenal at their own game.

You denied playing longball then changed your mind. But thats not even the argument. 1 out of the top 7 plays longball, it proves that playing football properly is a much better way of been up in the positions that matter. Like I said earlier the "playing to our strengths" excuse is silly. You play to them strengths because you bought players to play like that.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:42 am

The-Reporter wrote:Where did Fabregas moan?
    ...You really need me to point that out for you?

In that case;

"I can only remember two opportunities for them, but it was from a long, long ball because playing football they could not really get behind us or attack us.

It is a bit disappointing because I think we were the much better team.

Credit to them because they played well, but Arsenal made the football, the other team refused to play football, they were lucky to score with a long ball."

Obviously taken out of context it seems perfectly fine, but in context it's moaning.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:45 am

I usually just assume that people like you are mentally incapacitated...but given the chance you're trolling you might as well Gun yourself as it's pathetic, not an excuse for being stupid/inept and not clever.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:46 am

Yes Luxz0rz, because metaphors are the complete reality.... Why don't Ipswich players pick up the ball to score a try?, maybe because it is fucking football u fool. Why the hell are you trying to defend logic that hoofing the ball is part of football, of course it is... I bet you'd say Spaniards and the English play the same way because in the end it's the same game right? facepalm

Sick of Fabregas bashers, other teams should focus on developing your own world beating passers instead of ranting at Cesc because he said something reasonable
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:47 am

coolmarvin wrote:

In that case;

Saying what he could remember from the game...
    Disapointed they won because he thinks we were better

Credit to them because they played well, but Arsenal made the football, the other team refused to play football, they were lucky to score with a long ball."
    We did make the football and they were lucky, he said credit to them they played well... how is that moaning?

Obviously taken out of context it seems perfectly fine, but in context it's moaning.
    [b]
    Lets get on a bandwagon and hate Fabregas. eek2
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:54 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    coolmarvin wrote:

In that case;

Saying what he could remember from the game...
    Disapointed they won because he thinks we were better

We did make the football and they were lucky, he said credit to them they played well... how is that moaning?

[b]
    Lets get on a bandwagon and hate Fabregas. eek2
    Wow, you really are determined to make Cesc come out smelling of roses here.

I'll try again; "but Arsenal made the football, the other team refused to play football, they were lucky to score with a long ball" He's moaning/complaining about the tactic used by Ipswich and the way they scored their goal.

Yes he is disappointed but the way he went about it is clearly moaning. If that quote doesn't qualify as moaning (assuming he said that, word for word) to you, then I give up really.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:55 am

Fact is, if Arsenal had won 2-1 Fabregas wouldn't have chucked his toys out and said a single word of that interview. Therefore, he is moaning.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:57 am

And imagine if that's how they beat Barca, would he moan about the goal then? I doubt it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:57 am

James ♠️ wrote:
    LoneRanger wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:Yep, no need to try deny it. You only have Tarrabt and Faurlin who can play football. All your strikers are used for the longball game.

You denied playing longball then changed your mind. But thats not even the argument. 1 out of the top 7 plays longball, it proves that playing football properly is a much better way of been up in the positions that matter. Like I said earlier the "playing to our strengths" excuse is silly. You play to them strengths because you bought players to play like that.

No I denied playing hoofball ( long aimless punts up the field is the definition I'd use) and then said we play direct football which at times involves playing the ball up to one of Hulse or Helguson to flick on or hold up. Yes because Cardiff have never played a long ball up to Bothroyd, Forest to Blackstock, Norwich to Holt, Swansea to Beattie, Leeds to Becchio, Watford to Graham. Rolling Eyes

Agyemang and Clarke have come on if Warnock decided to try and play the strikers in if he did that with the two Hs the likelyhood is they aren't going to reach the ball ahead of the defender, anyway if it aint broke don't fix it. Razz

If you wish to discuss QPR's tactics under Neil Warnock I think it would be best if we did so in the QPR thread .
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:59 am

So if you say what happened in a game you are suddenly moaning? They did refuse to play football (and no not football as a sport but to play it without smashing the ball up the field and hoping for the best.) They also were lucky to get a goal, they are Ipswich playing against Arsenal.

Some people are thick. Laughing
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:01 am

He's moaning, just because we say he's moaning doesn't make us all Fabregas haters facepalm

You all dished out the hate to Xavi when he started saying stuff about Fabregas, now, if you can't take it yourself, don't dish it out fgs Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:02 am

There is a difference between playing a couple of longballs and having it as your gameplan. Of course teams play a couple of longballs. QPRs game plan is to play direct football.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:03 am

I honestly don't even see a problem with it, like everyone, Fabregas has an opinion on how football should be played, if he was asked about how Ipswich played the other day OR just wanted to bring it up, who cares? It's not a big deal.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:04 am

To be honest I don't care about how teams play, that's what makes football entertaining, how systems work against others. If every football team in the world played exactly the same, It wouldn't be fun at all.

Like pretty much everything, there needs to be individuality. Fabregas is a bit like me - a sore loser.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:05 am

When Cesc hits a ball 30/40 yards it usually has a destination (quite often being another players feet).

There is a big difference between that and everytime you get the ball your CB/whoever just smashing it into the final third. Thats not football, thats hoping for abit of luck.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:05 am

If Tamas Priskin came out and said Fabregas played football like a flamenco dancing puff then there would be uproar.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:06 am

The-Reporter wrote:When Cesc hits a ball 30/40 yards it usually has a destination (quite often being another players feet).

There is a big difference between that and everytime you get the ball your CB/whoever just smashing it into the final third. Thats not football, thats hoping for abit of luck.

Well it's your own fault for not dealing with that ball. Blame your defence, not the other teams strategy.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:06 am

The-Reporter wrote:When Cesc hits a ball 30/40 yards it usually has a destination (quite often being another players feet).

Which begs the question, if you could read their plan so transparently, why did you not do anything about it?
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:09 am

Tom wrote:Yes Luxz0rz, because metaphors are the complete reality.... Why don't Ipswich players pick up the ball to score a try?, maybe because it is fucking football u fool. Why the hell are you trying to defend logic that hoofing the ball is part of football, of course it is... I bet you'd say Spaniards and the English play the same way because in the end it's the same game right? facepalm

Obviously gone right over your head. The fact that he's saying Ipswich don't play football because they don't play how Arsenal does and he thinks football should be played is what is stupid. In the end Ipswich played better football and they won...trying to boost your fragile ego by claiming that you play great football and Ipswich don't even when you play shit and lose is pathetic.

Tom wrote:
    Sick of Fabregas bashers, other teams should focus on developing your own world beating passers instead of ranting at Cesc because he said something reasonable

So world beating that every challenging pass he made failed. I rate Fabregas normally but he played shit.

What he said wasn't reasonable, it was a joke.

If Ipswich lost they wouldn't have said "We tried to play football but Arsenal wouldn't play football and just passed it short in triangles and got lucky by threading it through to Walcott". Simple as. If you think that Arsenal/Barcelona's style of football is the greatest ever tactic, better than all others etc and no other tactics are honourable and are instead cheap, lack skill/talent etc then you need your head checked.

dena wrote:I honestly don't even see a problem with it, like everyone, Fabregas has an opinion on how football should be played, if he was asked about how Ipswich played the other day OR just wanted to bring it up, who cares? It's not a big deal.

He's moaning and trying to make excuses.

Fabregas can have his own opinion about how he thinks football should be played....but there's a difference between that and what he's saying. He's saying it as if it's not his opinion but it's fact and that he's a higher being for having his specific beliefs.

He also insulted Ipswich by saying what he's said.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:29 am; edited 3 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:10 am

luke. wrote:

Well it's your own fault for not dealing with that ball. Blame your defence, not the other teams strategy.
    I didn't blame anyone, Cesc didn't blame anyone. If he was to "blame" somebody it would have to be on our team, because you can't blame the opposition for beating you. Laughing

He also said "In England, a lot of teams play like that and it works for them, they create chances like that and it is their football."

Not "blaming them" Just saying it works for them.

yarnbury11 wrote:

Which begs the question, if you could read their plan so transparently, why did you not do anything about it?
    What could i do about it you cunt?
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:11 am

dena wrote:I honestly don't even see a problem with it, like everyone, Fabregas has an opinion on how football should be played, if he was asked about how Ipswich played the other day OR just wanted to bring it up, who cares? It's not a big deal.
    I'm not personally bothered about what Cesc said, it's odd to see people saying that he isn't moaning when he clearly is.

And it's the way he went about it. He could have just said it without coming across as being rude to Ipswich. Was obviously frustrated after the match and probably didn't think about what he said, which is understandable but it's still moaning.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:12 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:

I didn't blame anyone, Cesc didn't blame anyone. If he was to "blame" somebody it would have to be on our team, because you can't blame the opposition for beating you. Laughing

He also said "In England, a lot of teams play like that and it works for them, they create chances like that and it is their football."

yarnbury11 wrote:

Hoofball works for them, Nice football works for you.

As said, if every team played the same, we wouldn't watch football.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:12 am

luke. wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:

yarnbury11 wrote:

Clearly!
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:13 am

yarnbury11 wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:

yarnbury11 wrote:

Clearly!

Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:50 am