Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
menalawyerguy
Uncle John from Jamaica
Marvin
dena
Mal
luke.
Theo Filippo
Lux
El Jefe
Pippo
Carlos Jenkinson
Jordi
Jamie
Drake
Mouse
Ben
Danny
Barton
Kuled
wellz
24 posters

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby

wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby Empty Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby

Post by wellz Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:00 am

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby

Defiant Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas maintains the Gunners must deal with whatever "rugby" tactics other teams throw at them - and warned Ipswich they will be handed a real football lesson in the second leg of their Carling Cup semi-final at Emirates Stadium.

The Tractor Boys - thrashed 7-0 at Chelsea in the FA Cup on Saturday - produced a battling display to secure a narrow 1-0 advantage after a late strike from Tamas Priskin in last night's first leg at Portman Road, where new boss Paul Jewell watched from the stands.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger labelled his team "naive" with "no spark or creativity" as a strong side struggled to breakdown the resolute npower Championship strugglers, who last week sacked Roy Keane.

Fabregas - in the starting XI along with England duo Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott - accepts Arsenal have to learn to cope with all situations, having been undone by a long ball from Colin Healy which split their centre-backs and set Priskin through to score what could yet prove a crucial strike.
    The Spain World Cup winner, however, insists it will be a whole different ball game for the second leg at Ashburton Grove in a fortnight's time as the Gunners aim to stay on course for a first trophy since 2005.

"I don't know it if it is long ball or it is a rugby kick, but it worked for them," Fabregas said.

"In England, a lot of teams play like that and it works for them, they create chances like that and it is their football.

"We just have to put the ball on the floor and try to play football, that is what we do.

"I can only remember two opportunities for them, but it was from a long, long ball because playing football they could not really get behind us or attack us.

"It is a bit disappointing because I think we were the much better team.

"Credit to them because they played well, but Arsenal made the football, the other team refused to play football, they were lucky to score with a long ball.

"But it was one of those nights and now we have to make it at the Emirates in two weeks."

Fabregas added: "It is a 1-0, and of course we did not want to lose, but it is not a 3-0 or 4-0 so we are confident at home we can make it back.

"It is not the same to play at Stamford Bridge as it is to come here.

"Here they play in front of their fans, they are more motivated, the pitch is not as good as Stamford Bridge, so they play their game.

"They know how to do it and did it very well, so credit to them.

"Now we will see how they cope at the Emirates against us.

"We are confident we can do it there."

There is little respite for Arsenal, who travel to relegation-battlers and fellow Carling Cup semi-finalists West Ham for Saturday's late kick-off before heading north to take on Leeds again in their FA Cup third-round replay.

Fabregas accepts the Barclays Premier League title hopefuls cannot afford another below-par performance at Upton Park.

"The Premier League is the priority for us," he said.

"It will be a difficult game because West Ham always play well against us, so we will have to be at our best."

Wenger will again be without Sebastien Squillaci (hamstring) on Saturday, while full-back Bacary Sagna completes his three-match ban after a red card against Manchester City.

The Arsenal manager has confirmed he will look to bring in cover for central defensive duo Laurent Koscielny and Johan Djourou, who were stretched last night.

Potential targets could include former Gunner Matthew Upson, who has yet to agree a new deal with the Hammers, along with Bolton centre-back Gary Cahill, Montpellier's Bosnian international Emir Spahic and Werder Bremen stopper Per Mertesacker.

Meanwhile, Lukasz Fabianski faces a fitness test tomorrow morning to determine his availability for this weekend.

The Polish goalkeeper is rated 50-50 with a shoulder problem, meaning Wojciech Szczesny could continue to deputise.

Denilson (thigh) is also a slight doubt but is expected to be fit.

facepalm
    Kuled

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby Empty Re: Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby

Post by Kuled Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:01 am

Neutral
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby Empty Re: Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby

Post by Barton Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 am

Fabregas can shove it up his arse, we were the better team and we deserved to win, simple as that.

Bitter cunt. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:07 am

Someone should probably tell him that when he was a kid, Arsenal played similar football to the one he's moaning about Neutral
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 am

I'd gladly have played Ipswich's style if it meant we'd have won.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:12 am

I hate fabregas the moaning cunt, sooner he fucks off the better.
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:14 am

Basically he's moaning about our tactics, but it worked so he's just being bitter about it.

We played a physical game, didn't allow them to intimidate us with their 'total football' we just went in and bullied them, didn't give them time on the ball, put on a lot of pressure and overpowered them. He's turning into Arsene Wenger, moaning about how teams use the right tactics against them. Neutral
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:21 am

I hate when people say shit about other peoples tactics.
    When blackburn play arsenal were not going to play it on the floor we play to our strengths .
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 am

Don't win football trophies though.. Coffee
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:25 am

He's right, but is stupid to say it in his position.
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:27 am

Jamie wrote:He's right, but is stupid to say it in his position.

What do you mean?
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:33 am

He's such a sore cunt rofl
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:36 am

He's not wrong is he? lol at the people getting angry for no reason, ridiculous... maybe i should bash Torres the next time he claims something reasonable which other people disagree with

Wellz put your fp away u twat, rafael, scholes and fletcher break up play on purpose and you want to fp fabregas? god you're either stupid or a complete hypocrite
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:37 am

As if Spaniards know a thing about Rugby...
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:39 am

If playing more physical against Arsenal works, then why would teams stop it.
    Him complaining isn't going to achieve anything apart from making himself look bitter about a defeat.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:44 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    Jamie wrote:He's right, but is stupid to say it in his position.

What do you mean?

That not many English teams play football in an attractive way.
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:49 am

Thing is, we play to our strengths, we don't have the skill to outplay Arsenal. They're vunerable against physicality, if it works then i don't see whats wrong with teams playing to their strengths. Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:20 am

JMB_94 wrote:Thing is, we play to our strengths, we don't have the skill to outplay Arsenal. They're vunerable against physicality, if it works then i don't see whats wrong with teams playing to their strengths. Neutral

I think it's understandable why teams do it, I just don't think it's essential to avoid playing good football in order to win.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:24 am

Either way, Ipswich are still going out. Great achievement for them to reach the semi's though, but they're run ends at the Emirates Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:34 am

Fabregas has joined the "Xavi club" of elitist moaners.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:36 am

To be fair hes been taught since he was young to play football so hes never going to like it.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:38 am

19Jones19v wrote:Either way, Ipswich are still going out. Great achievement for them to reach the semi's though, but they're run ends at the Emirates Neutral

I thought you would have learned not to write teams off before you have played them.. remember that easy win at Wigan you spoke of? facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:41 am

luke. wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:Either way, Ipswich are still going out. Great achievement for them to reach the semi's though, but they're run ends at the Emirates Neutral

I thought you would have learned not to write teams off before you have played them.. remember that easy win at Wigan you spoke of? Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby 58503
    How did I know a cunt like you would quote me out of everyone else Laughing . I could say the same for you when you was saying you'd bounce back and beat Villa at your home after we dominated you at the Emirates.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:41 am

They are run ends at Arsenal? shifty

And dont count your chickens before they have hatched.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:45 am

Cameron_LFC wrote:They are run ends at Arsenal? Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby 279869

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby 58503 Oh dear, please worry about the situation your team is in before you open your mouth about ours. You know what I meant, their run ends at the Emirates. Yes football is unpredictable, but Ipswich coming to our stadium and not conceding is highly unlikely Neutral
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:46 am

Cesc Heart

I bet his words were twisted a bit. Coffee
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:47 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    Cameron_LFC wrote:They are run ends at Arsenal? Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby 279869

Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby 58503 Oh dear, please worry about the situation your team is in before you open your mouth about ours. You know what I meant, their run ends at the Emirates. Yes football is unpredictable, but Ipswich coming to our stadium and not conceding is highly unlikely Neutral

Would've thought the same about Leeds going to your stadium as well...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:47 am

Lol, i didn't open my mouth to type, i dont type with my tongue? And I can talk about whatever team i want, it has nothing to do with how my team is doing, my opinion does spread to other teams mate Fabregas: We play football, other teams play rugby 284837
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:50 am

Ben wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:

Would've thought the same about Leeds going to your stadium as well...

This.

Don't write us off, we'll be briming with confidence after last nights performance and result.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:51 am

I hope Ipswich go through now just to shut that stupid cunt up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 am